Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 17, 2014 2:40 PM

Nov 2013
Huh so Ufo didn't shy away from the rape, very interesting. I was wondering how were they going to handle this chapter because of these scenes. Anywho, Shiki vs. Fujino was pretty cool, the OST was spot on. Fujino's murders (or massacres) were pretty horrible, just what I expected. Also Mikiya being kind to everyone, he truly is really soft, but I like that about him.

I liked the novel more tbh. So far the movies haven't felt as good imo. This one specifically cut a few scenes out that I really wanted to see.

But you know what, I'm not even mad. The most important moment was still there and it was better in anime form:

Thanks based Ufo :D

Hmm.. 8-9/10 I guess.
Oct 17, 2014 6:29 PM

Sep 2011
BotatoPriest said:
I liked the novel more tbh. So far the movies haven't felt as good imo. This one specifically cut a few scenes out that I really wanted to see.

Even as a huge fan of KNK, I respectfully disagree. The novel, while far more detailed in its exposition and events, was handled in a fairly disjointed manner, especially in its narrative structure. There's no doubt in my mind that the themes and real life concepts he borrowed were intriguing and some of the best he's ever employed in his works, but the sporadic structuring of many key moments were questionable decisions that created a very selective yet unfocused form of storytelling.

With the film series Ufotable actually managed to clean up some Nasu's narrative hiccups while forming a coherent over-arching thematic structure in their storytelling/cinematography, something that even Nasu had preferred with regards to their adaptation compared to his original work in the light novel (let's not even talk about the unfocused and haphazard handling of the first chapter that even Nasu abhorred to the point of desiring its rewrite, which was only truly salvaged by Ufotable's clean-cut revision, original content and repositioning of the events that unfolded).
ronriOct 17, 2014 6:44 PM
Oct 19, 2014 2:11 PM

Nov 2013
It isn't as if I meant that Ufo screwed up, on the contrary I think they did a great job. And while I think that the movies are good enough to be standalone, I don't think they can replace the novels. I am glad I went with both as each gives me a different experience.

Idk maybe I'm just a sucker for details and exposition :|
Oct 19, 2014 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
BotatoPriest said:
It isn't as if I meant that Ufo screwed up, on the contrary I think they did a great job. And while I think that the movies are good enough to be standalone, I don't think they can replace the novels. I am glad I went with both as each gives me a different experience.

Idk maybe I'm just a sucker for details and exposition :|

That's fair enough. I just think that, having compared and contrasted certain parts of the novel and the films myself, I felt that Nasu's indulgence in some of the exposition, while REALLY great and interesting in terms of discussing these real life concepts/philosophies, can often derail parts of the narrative. It cluttered some of the pacing in a lot of scenes which I felt brought down some of the characterization in certain moments.

Anyway, that's just my opinion, but it's something I've come to appreciate with regards to Ufotable's adaptation. It's not that I find that I consider that every decision made by Ufotable were necessarily perfect, but at least they managed to organize certain key sequences within the story in such a way that it actually created a more thoughtful and concise narrative without sacrificing the core concept/message that was being communicated by the novel.
Dec 6, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2013
that was disturbing...
not the body bending murders(I'm totally okay with her rapists getting murdered in the most gruesome and painful manner possible) but Fujino's rape actually made me feel a bit uncomfortable, and I've seen my fair share of hentai.
only one complain really, should've killed that Keita bastard, painfully.

on a different note now I know why Shiki had a puppet arm, and what powers her eyes possess.
Dec 11, 2014 7:27 AM

Apr 2009
Keep it coming! This is getting better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 8:46 AM

Oct 2014
Quite the episode. Very brutal and disturbing yet it was very good. So far this is the best yet, can't wait to see more!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2015 8:49 AM

Feb 2014
This was the episode/movie that launched KnK up into my all-time favorites list. Pretty much incredible in every aspect: visceral gruesome events, engaging story, perfect animation, background music, etc. This hit all the right notes to make it simultaneously beautiful and disturbing.
Jan 19, 2015 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Very good movie,even though the cinematography and atmosphere wasn't as good as the first movie.
The story was interesting and so was the new ...villain(not sure if that is the best word for ever).
I love seeing Shiki in action.
Feb 10, 2015 12:59 PM

May 2014
We learn more and more about Shiki as the story progresses. It seems like she can't just kill people without a reason. Not anymore at least because in the 2nd move she did seem like killing randomly. Or did she? /:D
Anyways it seems like Fujino's immunity to pain played a key factor in Shiki's decision of killing her or not. (Knowing that this immunity fluctuates) I suppose that Shiki's eyes can't see her as a leaving being went it works so she loses interest. Either this either she loses that one excuse for fairly murdering someone. *sigh* I have a feeling I didn't pay enough attention =_=
However it is I'm sure we will find out more in the future movies.
Feb 11, 2015 4:24 AM

Aug 2014
Hibiki07 said:
W
Anyways it seems like Fujino's immunity to pain played a key factor in Shiki's decision of killing her or not. (Knowing that this immunity fluctuates) I suppose that Shiki's eyes can't see her as a leaving being went it works so she loses interest.

She can.
It's a psychological cause, not a magical one that stops her.
Feb 11, 2015 5:13 AM

Jun 2014
Hibiki07 said:
We learn more and more about Shiki as the story progresses. It seems like she can't just kill people without a reason. Not anymore at least because in the 2nd move she did seem like killing randomly. Or did she? /:D

Well,we never saw her killing anyone.Maybe she just found the victims in the same way she found Fujino.
Feb 12, 2015 1:07 PM

May 2014
Insertanamehere said:
Hibiki07 said:
Anyways it seems like Fujino's immunity to pain played a key factor in Shiki's decision of killing her or not. (Knowing that this immunity fluctuates) I suppose that Shiki's eyes can't see her as a leaving being went it works so she loses interest.

She can.
It's a psychological cause, not a magical one that stops her.

Yes, that's what I meant. Not that she literally can't see her but that there is a psychological reason that stops Shiki from killing her.

Well,we never saw her killing anyone.Maybe she just found the victims in the same way she found Fujino.

That's a possibility but it doesn't explain why she attacked Mikiya.
Feb 12, 2015 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
Hibiki07 said:
That's a possibility but it doesn't explain why she attacked Mikiya.

Part of the reason why she attacked Mikiya was already sort of explained in the second movie, most of which was hinted but not entirely explained. The rest of her reason for doing that won't be shown until the 7th film though. ^_^
Mar 17, 2015 4:47 PM

Aug 2009
A further improvement from the last movie, again. I hope it continues to go like this!
Really explicit rape scene. Did not like.
The concept of intermittent sensitivity to pain was quite a thoughtful one. Shame how Shiki decided not to kill Fujino in the end. Twisting things and body parts, sick powers.
That Kotukou guy is too nice for his own good.
Shiki is growing on me. Preview of next episode looks promising! Knew she didn't end up in the hospital because of some dual personality disorder. I want things explained already.

7/10
Mar 23, 2015 6:40 AM
Oct 2014
I'm a bit lost as to why Shiki didn't kill Fujino because of....something, but from the conversation above it all wraps up later.
This film is set after movie 2 but before movie 1, right?
Nice to see Touko again, second fav character thus far.
9/10
Apr 2, 2015 4:58 AM

Jan 2015
9/10

I've got questions, but im pleased at the result. mystic eyes of death perception, badass.

im really impressed with how ufotable handled the presentation, and the supernatural events are pretty questionable, yet powerful. (as in ive got a lot of questions, not like suspect)
May 1, 2015 1:34 PM
Oct 2012
I'm disapointed by the general consensus that this was the best of the first 3. For me it was the weakest. The first 1 had great atmosphere, style, philosophical dialogue and a very good story, while serving as the iintroduction into the world. The second was the one who got me to care about the carachters and the whole story behind the anime. It's just add something special that's hard to find.

This 3d one just feel like a rather generic episode from a series, the story is pretty good but nothing like a step up from the 1st one or anything like that . It seems that what sold it to most people was the faster pacing, but for it's just mediocre. I for one, either prefer a slow pace that adds atmosphere and let one sink into the story, or a very fast one to pump one up. This kind of pacing just due nothing for me.

The first 2 movies were masterpieces, this one just fells like an extra episode.
May 1, 2015 1:38 PM
Oct 2012
also glad the girl didn't die
May 5, 2015 2:07 AM

Mar 2013
Best one so far of the three parts that I've watched. I felt engaged in the story and characters from start to finish (unlike the first movie). Fujino was an interesting new character too whom I felt for... that Noto Mamiko voice acting :). I'm kinda curous what will happen to her since she's still alive.

Visuals superb as usual. Some nice music too.
May 8, 2015 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
I like mr glasses more now since he saved that rapist guy, so it's not like he's just nice to hot chicks if he saves such scum, at first I thought it was going to be a typical bias for hot chicks.
Jaywalker.
May 30, 2015 3:34 AM

Jun 2014
I would have been lost if I hadn't read the VN for F/SN and the manga for Tsukihime regarding the eyes of death perception and other things. The next movie focuses on how Shiki obtains those eyes. Favourite movie so far.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Jun 22, 2015 7:22 PM

Feb 2015
At least male lead helps someone other than hot females.

She should of died from all the blood loss and how did Shiki fix the problem is it ever going to show how?
Jul 7, 2015 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
Royalirishman said:
At least male lead helps someone other than hot females.

She should of died from all the blood loss and how did Shiki fix the problem is it ever going to show how?
Shiki "killed" her disease.
Jul 7, 2015 3:06 PM

Jan 2015
That Fujino character has to be the model used later for Sakura in F/SN : same hair color, same mannerisms, same deceiving psycho bitch... She should have died for so many reasons too (the bridge collapse, blood loss, organs imploding,...).

I didn't really care for the rape scene at the beginning, but it really screamed "PLEASE FEEL FOR ME" and just felt forced.

The idea behind her condition was a nice touch. The bridge collapsing was bullshit though, can't fathom how she could pull that off.

Overall i enjoyed the previous movies more.
Jul 30, 2015 2:08 PM

Feb 2014
I felt so bad for Fujino but Shiki is awesome

definitely the best this far really interested to see what else there is
Aug 22, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2014
So Kokutou is the Shirou of KnK? He always has to be involved in some chicks past and those very chicks want his dick.
Sep 21, 2015 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Art quality improvement is HUGE comparing to last 2 movies.
I finally can say that CG looked awesome.

9/10 for story/animation/music
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Nov 3, 2015 6:59 PM

Feb 2015
oh yea, this movie is the best! much more interesting than the droll start it had.

poor fujino. i really was convinced she'd die though. nice that she changed just in time. maybe she will be shown again?

and that monster actually expected some kind of protection after he told koukuto his story? seriously lol

YES. i am LOVING shiki now! she's awesome. although i am still a bit confused on who is who...._. i like her edge like change in personality. she's so cool.

this is actually the first movie that i have noticed the OST. i liked it. now that i think about it, the previous film is an 8. this one deserves a 9. hyped for the next one!
Dec 8, 2015 12:41 PM
Dec 2012
I kinda saw the ending coming considering that I read Tsukihime... I still kinda think it's bullshit but whatever
Dec 30, 2015 7:13 PM
Apr 2015
I would have been confused about her eyes if I didn't watch tsukihime
Jan 3, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2014
Hmmm, at least Fujino is alive.... Those rapists deserves it.
Jan 26, 2016 6:00 PM

Nov 2015
What can I say that I haven't said already about this movies? It was great.
This particular movie was different from the rest, the pacing was more vivid, I'd say it was fast, but still you can manage to understand everything and tie some things from the other movies.

I actually was disgusted of the deaths, wow...they are so...you know...real. Amazing job Ufotable, transmitting that feeling. Anyway, I can't feel sorry for them, they deserved it.
And the fact that Fujino survived was kind of nice...She was a poor soul that didn't deserve to die.

Hey, I got to say it but, Kouto is a HOTTIE.

Ok, moving on....

Looking forward to the 4th one! I have less questions since the movies are explaining them...but still, there will be plot twist.
May 3, 2016 7:38 AM

Feb 2015
A short, fast-paced action film about two abnormal teenagers and some pesky dialogues prior the climax. You could just actually watch the last parts of the film than wasting 40 minutes listening to their asinine dialogues and nonsensical explanations.

5/10
Dec 16, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
Rape scene, what the? Its so hardcore that Mamiko Noto accepted such role. I wondered how does she feel about it.

Painless Fujino. I want that kind of symptom though.

Bending machine Fujino, ROFL XD

Did someone explained how did Shiki got Eyes of death perception? Sounds cool though.

Holy yeah. There is no such thing as perfect and there is always a flaw or weakness. If God exist, it has flaw. Therefore God doesnt exist. Well said, Shiki!!

Its a major plot twist that Fujino didnt killed and is still alive though.

Overall, this is a very good movie. Its a shame that I watched it below 360p because kissanime and 9anime are down for the mean time :(

4.3/5

8.5/10
Dec 17, 2016 2:40 AM

Jun 2014
Raijin-sama619 said:
Did someone explained how did Shiki got Eyes of death perception? Sounds cool though.

The next moive should explain that.
Jan 8, 2017 2:45 AM

Nov 2011
Perhaps this is the film that contains more than all, various emotional aspects. The action is perhaps not the most spectacular views in all the movies, but it is unquestionably that matches most of all, the most diverse expectations. Technically it is always great, as quality of the drawings, the same for animations. The soundtrack, is appreciated this time, managing to be very catchy and beautiful in its sound.
Jan 12, 2017 1:00 PM

Aug 2016
Poor girl Fujino did nothing wrong :( , go and kill everyone, I cheer for you.
Feb 15, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
I'm glad Asagami survived, for what we know she had the shittiest of the shitty life
and she killed those pieces of garbages, lowest level scumbags

This is the best of the first three i've watched so far imo, and a lot of things enlighted me and now i understand more of the world and characters because i was having some trouble in understand the plot, characters, powers and basically everything lol
still not 100% clear, but this made me want to watch the rest of the series instead of dropping it for not understanding where it was going
Jun 6, 2017 8:00 PM

Jul 2014
Still lost in the wat plot. Guess the raep was shock factor? Animation on point though. So she's alive...

5-6/10.
Aug 15, 2017 4:57 AM

Jul 2008
Holy moly that was something insane to behold.

Ufotable is the new top dog, yeah many others have already said that, but now I'm completely on board that train.
Aug 16, 2017 11:42 AM

May 2015
Finally something better then last two episodes-movies. Solid 7/10.

Rapist got what they deserved. Keita should be dead too.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 31, 2017 1:55 PM

Dec 2015
I guess this was somewhat better than the previous films, this time I wasn't as bored to death as before. I don't know why all three movies so far have failed to catch my attention with their story and make my eyes glue to the screen. It's just plain boring. 4/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 24, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2010
Thanks to music and animation it was very pleasant to watch, just like previous two movies. Scenes in rain looked absolutely stunning! Plus, you really can't go wrong with rape scene being an opening to your movie lol.

Storywise it wasn't that great though, dunno. It's just missing something. 7/10
Jan 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Sep 2016
phew through a 2nd rewatch still loving this series, OST remains in my all time lists and some helped me remember some other dope tracks i forgot to add in as well,shiki is baee
Facta Non Verba
Jan 17, 2018 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
damn I cant believe Mikiya didn't do anything to Keita learning of what he did to Fujino, he just way to nice.
Jan 21, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2013
The opening scene was intense and kind of set in stone that Fujino was a ticking bomb. And nobody was bothered that when she complained to MC-kun her severe stomach pain that she wanted to cry, so instead of calling ambulance he took her to his home??? She would've been saved early on if the hospital discovered her appendicitis.

Still, much better than previous eps. The surprise of MC-kun revealed to have been 'heroic' white knight to Fujino felt cringey. 8/10
Feb 18, 2018 7:21 PM
Sep 2015
Better than the first two movies. Too damn bad the one rapist got away, I'm sure they didn't even turn him into the cops. Wonder how many more women he'll rape before something final happens to him.
Mar 11, 2018 7:16 AM
Nov 2015
good source material. Bad direction. I thought it feels like some episodes of Fate/Zero. Bloody. A lot of gratuitous crying and moaning by the murder victims, to make the whole thing more sensational or terrifying. Contrarily I don't feel terrified at all.

Kara no Kyoukai is about Kokuto scoring girls.
May 12, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2012
Now you tell me how i'm supposed to respect Mikiya when he saves a rapist that has been raping and mistreating a poor girl for half a year and not only her who knows how many other girls ? i just lost all faith in that sack of shit after that i never really liked him and that just cemented what a low life form he is, i'm not sure how i'm supposed to go on for another 4 movies watching this sack of shit.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.