Forum Settings
Forums

Shitty opinions that you think anime fans have?

New
May 11, 2018 7:14 PM

Jul 2016
What are some that you really don't understand?
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 11, 2018 7:18 PM

Oct 2015
More about the case when anime fans have a stigma on ecchi even though they haven't watch enough nor even likes it in the first place, right @Manaban

JiffyBone said:

The only thing I can't defend is the over-sexualization of Lolis.. that shit is creepy man lol
You lose your place in the ecchi defenders, [ i]there is no such thing as over-sexualizing lolis[/i]
-Lofn-May 11, 2018 7:58 PM

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

May 11, 2018 7:20 PM

Apr 2016
The mindsets that dubs are terrible and that everything you don't like is pretentious
May 11, 2018 7:21 PM

Nov 2013
Isekai are all the same. That's not even remotely true and who says this is a fool.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
May 11, 2018 7:31 PM

Mar 2018
That MAL should use a 1-5 rating system because you dont like when people rate things below 5/10.....
May 11, 2018 7:32 PM

May 2017
That Ecchi & Fan Service is always a bad thing.. I love me my Hot, Sexualized Cartoon Girls!

The only thing I can't defend is the over-sexualization of Lolis.. that shit is creepy man lol
May 11, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2017
Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 is trash.
Shingeki no Kyojin is just a battle shounen.
May 11, 2018 7:40 PM

Dec 2017
"My opinion/favorite anime is better than yours."

Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

May 11, 2018 7:43 PM

Dec 2017
what i don't understand is how most of the ecchi fans like those balloon-like big boobs, looks so unnatural and turns me off in both ways. if u introduce some good fanservice, do it with a cute loli gir-.. *FBI OPEN UP*
May 11, 2018 7:44 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
you guys already know what im gonna say

*insert thing in anime ruins anime*

*insert anime fan stereotype*

so stupid...
May 11, 2018 7:46 PM

Mar 2018
If they dont love a show after episode 1, they drop it. Never understood that mentality. So many great shows have a bad first episode (FMAB) or take a while to get going.
May 11, 2018 7:47 PM

Mar 2015
Bandwagon hate and opinions on popular shows are annoying

yeehaw
May 11, 2018 8:01 PM

Jun 2017
"Tsunderes suck" , that got to be , that's bullshit and they know it.

May 11, 2018 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
there are quite a few opinions i think are shitty, mainly the one believing watching anime subbed is the elite/superior format, but i can understand where they are coming from, sort of. i mean, it's mostly due to kids taking advice from older subbed elitists who actually had good reasons for it at the time...but due to dubs growing massively in quality over the years, and actually having the option of having BOTH without spending any more money on it(unlike 90s vhs and early dvds), subbed elitists kind of became irrelevant.
It's just kind of sad. I mean, I could go on about it for awhile, it really grinds my gears.
May 11, 2018 8:12 PM

Oct 2017
"Your tastes suck"

Probably the only thing I don't understand. I understand the mentality of ecchi haters but deeming other people's own enjoyment to be an unpleasant thing is on another spectrum, especially if the victim didn't do anything to offend you. Respect is hard to achieve for some people I guess.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
May 11, 2018 8:13 PM

Apr 2016
That all light novel adaptations are trash and so are light novels. This is something I don't get. Just because studios decide to adapt ecchi/harem light novels, that doesn't mean light novel adaptations or the light novels themselves are trash. Ironically the same people praise stuff like Durarara, Rokka no Yuusha, Spice and Wolf, Oregairu, Fate/Zero, Baccano and more which are all light novel adaptations. But nah man, let's just generalize and call every single light novel adaptation and light novels "trash".

Also the strong hatred people have for ecchi or the usage of buzzwords like "edgy" or "beta cuck". And the mentality that "Old anime is better than new anime. New anime is shit." No, no it's not. There are a lot of shit shows from the 80's and 90's, so don't pretend like we were getting masterpieces every single season.
May 11, 2018 8:17 PM
Jul 2018
OVERPOWERED99 said:
"Your tastes suck"

Probably the only thing I don't understand. I understand the mentality of ecchi haters but deeming other people's own enjoyment to be an unpleasant thing is on another spectrum, especially if the victim didn't do anything to offend you. Respect is hard to achieve for some people I guess.

tbf i think most people who do this don't actually believe what they are saying whole-heartedly, and are just very expressive with their opinions. it's just a part of their character or ego/libido. the whole dominant male type thing can be very appealing to certain individuals.
May 11, 2018 8:18 PM

Sep 2015
if your an anime fan, then all your opinions are shit.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
May 11, 2018 8:21 PM

Jul 2013
"You can't genuinely hate a highly acclaimed show. If you do, you're just wannabe hipster."
May 11, 2018 8:24 PM

Jan 2018
something about inserting themselves in the mc seriously because of this there are some many fucking beta male characters.
May 11, 2018 8:26 PM
Jul 2018
JustMonaka said:
"You can't genuinely hate a highly acclaimed show. If you do, you're just wannabe hipster."

kek
lel
lawl
lawlawlawlelawlel
lawleluwlelo

May 11, 2018 8:35 PM

Jan 2018
why do people love lolis so much?!?!

γ€Œ what comes after the rain? 」
add me ✿ anime list ✿ manga list

May 11, 2018 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
hiyoon said:

they are cute.
why are people so dumbfounded by the popularity of lolis?
May 11, 2018 8:42 PM

Nov 2014
Honestly the sense of unity people who watch anime have is strange to me, to a point of calling themselves "anime fans" or even affectionate names like "otaku". There's some similarity to be had between different anime, but for the most part it's too vague to form a collective around which is exemplified quite well by the many squabbles people who watch anime have.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
May 11, 2018 8:44 PM

Mar 2017
1.) That being a fan of something means you own it and when things doesn't go your way, you can harass and threaten the author with death.

2.) That intent and context doesn't matter and a 12-minute per episode 4-koma-based high school rom-com should obviously be put to same standards of a serious period drama.

3.) That beginners should not have a mean score above 6 even when the very fact that they're just starting anime means that they are probably going to be told to watch the more acclaimed/popular series first which there is a high chance they'll rate 7+.

4.) That out-of-sight is out-of-mind, ergo you must harass "SJWs" who "threaten" your hobby with death threats to force them off the internet because there's no need to discuss anything. That it's all just a matter of finding the right combination of words to make them go away and delete their Twitter/tumblr/whatever.
EankiMay 11, 2018 8:54 PM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
May 11, 2018 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
i don't really like to rate anime, especially harshly. i give a lot of credit to things i enjoy, even when i see its flaws, just because i enjoyed them quite heavily in the moment.
i don't like to think "objectively" about it. that's not why I'm watching anime. I want to be immersed. Art is subjective.

am i evil.
May 11, 2018 8:58 PM

Aug 2017
1) 'If you don't like it, drop it'.

2) 'I hate you for rate low my AOTS, you bastard elitist'

3) Waifu war.

4) Anime with the best animation of the season = 10/10.

5) 'You hate anime. Why even continue to watch?'

6) 'You have a shit taste'.

7) Popular = shit.

8) Popular = masterpiece.

9) 7 is average.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 11, 2018 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
- How dare you not ship straight boy A x boy B, you homophobe! They are clearly gay and in love with each other!

- The almost non-existent concept of consent among fujos

- This anime is shoujo/reverse harem so it's fujo-bait/meant for fujoshis.

- Popularity of aggressive/assertive/abusive/privacy-invading, basically the bad boys among female fans.
May 11, 2018 11:13 PM

Nov 2013
Any anime that the community REEEs about being the greatest thing in existence is bad (HxH, Gintama, Re:Zero, etc).
May 11, 2018 11:33 PM

Jun 2017
Loving lolis means you are a pedophile...
May 11, 2018 11:37 PM
Feb 2018
type of fans that defend their favorites no matter what
May 11, 2018 11:44 PM

Feb 2018
7 is average I really hate it when people don't use the rating system properly epecially if they then attack you for your scores that's crazy annoying.
May 11, 2018 11:55 PM

Feb 2015
Ahh, when they'll always say "Traps are not gay! As long as the dick is kawaii"

Goddamn, I just close my laptop and breath in-and-out

"You're a pedo because you love lolis/fap to lolis"

Goddamn degenerates who doesn't understand shit about morals.

May 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Dec 2016
There are many, but I'll go with:

1. "All dubs sucks"...this really makes me mad because it's simply an untrue statement, and because it is disrespectful to dubbed voice-over works where you can really tell there was a lot of care put.

2. "Old anime is unwatchable, new anime is better because it's in HD"....lol, no comments.

3. "You rated XYZ a [very low score/very high score] so your opinion on [show subject of the controversy] is invalid".
May 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Aug 2015
Why is Your Name still above a 9 on MAL?

Its massive apparent flaws in characterization and storytelling should bring its mean score down enough, where it isn't sitting with FMA:B and Stein's Gate and yet here we are, yrs after its release and it's as overrated as ever.
May 12, 2018 12:36 AM

Jul 2015
"Who end up with the mc don't matter"
When you tease a ship so much it becomes more interesting than the plot itself

"Enjoy the journey and ignore the ending"
a good anime with shitty conclusion is a shitty anime
May 12, 2018 12:38 AM

Jan 2009
anime studios are the owners of the anime they make lol google what production committee is already
May 12, 2018 12:49 AM

Oct 2016
that anime is good and worth one's time
May 12, 2018 12:50 AM

Oct 2007
Fansubbers going Full Autism over honorifics in subs and typesetting not being professional-grade perfect. Like dudes calm the fuck down lol
May 12, 2018 12:50 AM

Jan 2018
jarring said:
hiyoon said:

they are cute.
why are people so dumbfounded by the popularity of lolis?

because they look like children thats why

lolice is coming fam :')

γ€Œ what comes after the rain? 」
add me ✿ anime list ✿ manga list

May 12, 2018 1:09 AM

Apr 2018
Aot is great
Sao is the worst anime ever
Akame ga kill is trash cause all my waifus died
Isekais are copy pasted anime
U gave a score under 5 to an anime in the top 100=u r a hater and triggered cause ur fav anime has a lower score
May 12, 2018 2:35 AM

Nov 2015
"character x should be resurrected because I really liked him"
βœ§ΰΌβ”‰Λš*❋ ❋*Λšβ”‰ΰΌβœ§

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び亀うEmpty gun cartridges
η΄…γ„γƒ’γƒΌγƒ«γ«θ¦‹ζƒšγ‚Œγ¦ γ†γ£γ‹γ‚Šι’¨η©΄ζ¬²γ—γ„γƒ€γƒ„γ― ζŒ™ζ‰‹γ‚’γ—γͺ

ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(ΰ©­*ΛŠα΅•Λ‹)ΰ©­* ΰ©ˆβ™‘β€§β‚ŠΛš

βœ§ΰΌβ”‰Λš*❋ ❋*Λšβ”‰ΰΌβœ§

May 12, 2018 2:41 AM

May 2015
"It's still wrong to like lolis even though it's fiction."

May 12, 2018 3:11 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
"This show only uses fanservice to compensate for being bad"

There's a lot of series out there that prioritize it to the point where it's an integral aspect to the appeal of the series and how it connects with the audience. Those are actual ecchi series, if you ask me, and often times don't have to compensate for anything in that regard, they're mostly about that to begin with. Thing is, though, you can look at anime with fanservice yet aren't committed to it enough to be an ecchi - where this becomes much more applicable in a sense, I guess - and this still isn't necessarily the case. It's just trying to ascribe cynicism for why somebody would sexualize something in a creation, which irks me.

Can this be the case? Sure, it can. That interpretation should be substantiated accordingly, though, honestly, and not just tossed out at everything with fanservice or ecchi in it like it so often can be. That's when it goes into being shitty.

"Creators only put fanservice in to make money"

Yeah, no. There's a lot of people who love sexy things out there and want to create them themselves. This is not surprising - hell, it's not even uncommon. There's been plenty of times that I wished I had the talent to become an artist because I had an idea for a picture or scenario that I thought would just be fucking sexy as hell. It's not inherently this "safe money, cash grab" scenario and that seems like a thoroughly retarded way of interpreting creative intent.

Seems like if all somebody cared about was money then they would probably go into a different field than being a mangaka or an animator in Japan all together, because of the crazy work lifestyle that doesn't exactly leave you swimming in cash or anything of that nature. People using their creative output to make things sexy is something you see outside of anime a lot as well, it's not uncommon and it's kind of reductive to assume that the primary concern with "geniune" creators is always going to be telling a thought-provoking, serious narrative. Kind of has a No True Scotsman fallacy as an underlying implication, "No TRUE creator who loves what they make would put fanservice into their series because it's just exploitative and meant to capitalize on horny audiences." Pretty sure somebody like Yabuki takes his craft just as seriously as somebody like Yuasa does, and that's part of why there are series like TLR that reach such high acclaim with the sort of niche audience for these things when you look at the drawings and the ecchi and such in the manga, with all of the little details and sort of subliminally pushing at what can be considered acceptable to be shown in a non-hentai manga and finding ways to show areas and scenarios that could never get past censors if they were put in outright, and doing things like shooting the finger after the BPO and the Tokyo Government tried (and failed) to hit it by only turning it up in that regard. I can't exactly fathom somebody who didn't love what they do going as far as somebody like people such as Yabuki does so often, where they can be downright rebellious and put their careers and series at risk over it, and yes, believe it or not, there are people that can love and wish to create sexy things to the point of being willing to take on that battle. Just because you deem it to be lesser in some way, shape, or form doesn't really inherently correlate it into being a cynical, exploitative cash grab pandering to audiences to compensate for not being able to be something else. That's incredibly reductive and kind of insulting to works people can actually put a lot of effort and care into themselves.

Things like "I don't like ecchi 'cause it's distracting" seems kind of silly to me a lot of the time, but I think it either can still be fair game in certain contexts, or at least not really bad enough to outright be called "shitty" and is closer to being something like a bit goofy. These two are the ones on ecchi I see enough to consider relatively common and consider to be genuinely shitty whenever discussing the field of ecchi anime.

------

In a more general sense, there's a lot of stuff I haven't really thought over much because, well, they're not in areas that interest me in particular, but something I feel I see a lot of is being a bit haphazard about creativity and ambition to the point where they can neglect to take anything else about the series into account and don't really seem to care about much else yet still forming an overall opinion on the series based on that one thing. The sheer amount of emphasis I see put on that in reviews in particular, but on AD a lot as well, can make things seem imbalanced, unreliable, not trying to look at the whole picture, just whittling everything down to a single aspect that can be discussed and then not caring about anything else, which is pretty far from taking a holistic view on the series itself and is instead just being really narrow-minded in the assessment. It makes it difficult to take the review/opinion with anything except a grain of salt whenever the emphasis is just on how original it is and not much to nothing else. It's fine in of itself to weight that, or hell, even weight it heavily, but I think it kind of becomes shitty whenever nothing else is really brought up or being taken into consideration.

Also hating things because of the audience. Audiences and series are separate entities, and it's one thing to look at a fanbase and think "holy shit this fanbase seems annoying" - it can't be helped sometimes, I feel that way about FranXX fans right now looking at some of the discussions they've had and responses to things within the series they've sort of put out there - but to not want to watch a product for its fanbase or to think the product is bad because you can't disassociate it from its fanbase kind of seems...goofy? Like, idk. That's all-encompassing. Hating ecchi for ecchifags, hating critically-acclaimed or obscure anime 'cause elitism or some shit, not wanting to watch fuckin' Gintama or something because it has a high mean score, literally anything that simply treats the audience who enjoys the product and the product itself as a singular entity just seems petty and kind of childish to me.
ManabanMay 12, 2018 4:06 AM

May 12, 2018 3:14 AM

Dec 2017
The whole subs are better than dubs thing. Yeah, there are actually good dubs out there. Black Lagoon, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Panic, FMAB...
This debate needs to stop. Dubs can be good.
May 12, 2018 3:18 AM

Oct 2012
JustMonaka said:

True, the reverse is just as obnoxious as well. I've actually seen someone here straight up say that everyone who likes artsier shows is lying to try to seem cool. People just can't handle people with different taste.

People take the scores so seriously here too like calm tf down. Like do you really need to freak out that someone has a low mean score?
ChromephoneMay 12, 2018 3:24 AM
May 12, 2018 3:29 AM

Apr 2017
kimi no na wa is the greatest movie ever

ew no

still life: pink roses
May 12, 2018 3:32 AM

Feb 2015
People still believing most fights in Fairy Tail are won through friendship power.
May 12, 2018 3:34 AM
Apr 2017
i dont like it when folks keep preaching subs are better than dubs
when folks bash shows that they dislike instead of stating why its not good
when folks rave ecchi while its just stupid fanservice of boobs and butts
May 12, 2018 3:38 AM

Jul 2015
sunako199 said:
kimi no na wa is the greatest movie ever

ew no

Kimi no na wa has the best animation of all times ever in the world. *insert comment about how pretty the backgrounds are*
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 4 hours ago

16 by W3TFT »»
1 minute ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

14 by IpreferEcchi »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 5 hours ago

11 by Lucifrost »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think you could fall in love with a fairy?

Shizuna - Yesterday

44 by elgatosaika »»
20 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Yesterday

53 by ColourWheel »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.