Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 6, 2018 3:51 AM

Jul 2016
Narumi comforting Koyanagi moment was cute, its like she's the older sister comforting her younger sister. Glad that Kabakura make up with her, although he's kind of embarrassed.

Narumi is worried that she and Hirotaka are just on relationship because they have compromises with each, that they're just taking advantage of being both of an otaku to be on a relationship. Happy to see Hirotaka clear her misapprehension.
May 6, 2018 4:48 AM

May 2015
Let's be honest, Kabakura is a dick. Am I the only one to feel angry about him for his attitude ?
May 6, 2018 9:14 AM
Jun 2017
Great episode, i mean i love how those couple have some bonding moment as a group. Well in the last part where nifuji and momose are talking about compromises in love, i believe that in love you do compromise something just for the sake of the ones you love. Hahaha...
May 6, 2018 9:21 AM

Feb 2017
HE SMILED!! HIROTAKA SMILED, HIS SMILE IS SO PRECIOUS!!
Kabakura and Nifuji are best waifus of 2018, I'm 100% sure. And honestly, Koyanagi and Kabakura's relationship is just the best.
May 6, 2018 4:55 PM

Oct 2013
I cannot stop telling myself
"HEY, I got that reference!" while watching this anime.
Tbh, the GSC Yuudachi Kai-Ni figure is superb, I can understand why Kabakura accepted crossplay for that figure.

___

This anime gets average on all technical aspects...but it's still one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched. Extremely likeable and relatable characters.

It's so refreshing having a proper Rom-Com that isn't set on HighSchool and doesn't rely on dirty jokes or canned overused jokes.
May 6, 2018 9:59 PM

Feb 2017
Groenboys said:
Fuck this was cute

Fuck you're right
May 7, 2018 12:35 AM

Jul 2010
God I love this anime!!! How I wish I had a Hirotaka who would watch Sailor Moon with me and cry haha :D
Anyway, another fun episode. I also like Kabakura's character, you know doing things in moderation but still very supportive of the girlfriend's desires. :D

chrismaMay 7, 2018 4:06 AM
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
May 7, 2018 12:55 AM

Feb 2009
The final scene with Kabakura and Koyanagi left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. So far the most memorable things that couple does is bickering and talking shit about each other.
Their "reconciliation" was probably supposed to be a funny/romantic tsundere moment, but it came off as a sign of a dysfunctional relationship, with Kabakura acting like an asshole. Because yeah, when your girlfriend is worried that you're always fighting and is insecure about whether or not you're satisfied with her, the best thing to say is to call her an ugly hag and to confirm that you can easily get a better woman. Then silently hug her while she complains that you always talk shit about her and never say anything nice to her.

I expected him to end it with something like "but it all doesn't matter because you are the one I love", but nope, that payoff never came.

Basically, what these people said:
Kimurah said:
Tell your girlfriend that you like her because of her boobs.
State that you could get any other girl with even bigger boobs.
End your speech by calling her old hag and see her fall into your arms.
Profit?
That's some great comedy writing you guys got there. Ha ha. (yeah it was all sarcasm for those who didn't catch early on)

JUCCI said:
YES! I was looking for someone that agreed with me! When Kabakura came out to 'make up' with Hanako I was like '*rubs hands* my boi is about to hit her with the MAGIC WORDS!!' lol but all he called her was an ugly hag and that he could get any other girl if he wanted to???

vong10 said:
Dude, Kabakura was/is a jerk. I expected him to say something nice or at least apologise to Hanako.... Still amazed they are actually dating.

merryyeah said:
I'd like to think Kabakura doesn't treat Koyanagi like that all the time-- otherwise, he'd be no more than a jerk.

dontugetit said:
I did tear up a bit at the scene where Kabakura (don't) "comforts" Koyanagi .. mostly bcuz I knew a person who sometimes treated me like that, and this was very sad. at the time I thought less of myself
I was hoping he would say something encouraging =/

Mormegil said:
Honestly? Kabakura is kind of a dick. Not sure what Hanako sees in him. She deserves better. Let's hope he doesn't treat her like that all the time.

Elyasis said:
Let's be honest, Kabakura is a dick. Am I the only one to feel angry about him for his attitude ?
mado_2kiMay 7, 2018 2:03 AM
May 7, 2018 10:19 AM

Mar 2018
Kimurah said:

Profit?

That's some great comedy writing you guys got there. Ha ha. (yeah it was all sarcasm for those who didn't catch early on)

Yeah this made me feel really uncomfortable too. I don't know if I just missed something, but consoling a crying woman by calling her an ugly hag just doesn't make any sense to me and seems overly cruel. Did I miss something? I'm starting to think Kabakura is the biggest jerk in the world...
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
May 7, 2018 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
Watching this anime makes me want to go have social life again lol.
Very enjoyable so far. As long as they don't throw in some drama, it can easily be one of the best titles this season for me.

shazbotian said:
Kimurah said:

Profit?

Yeah this made me feel really uncomfortable too. I don't know if I just missed something, but consoling a crying woman by calling her an ugly hag just doesn't make any sense to me and seems overly cruel. Did I miss something? I'm starting to think Kabakura is the biggest jerk in the world...

He is a just a tsundere (barely anyone cares if female tsundere behaves like that...). It's a romcom, so looking for logic or realism here is pointless.
May 7, 2018 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
Holy shit, it was perfect. Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball reference, the comedy, relationships, some seriousness. 11/10
May 7, 2018 5:20 PM

May 2015
Terkhev said:

He is a just a tsundere (barely anyone cares if female tsundere behaves like that...). It's a romcom, so looking for logic or realism here is pointless.

That's being more than a "tsundere" here. It's not just saying "eh, i don't really love you" and shits. This is insulting a person that needs recomfort and affection. And as i can remember, tsundere never cross the line where they hurts the person they love.
May 7, 2018 7:26 PM
Aug 2017
Mormegil said:
Honestly? Kabakura is kind of a dick. Not sure what Hanako sees in him. She deserves better. Let's hope he doesn't treat her like that all the time.

Yeha , i hope he is just "joking" maybe
May 7, 2018 7:36 PM
Aug 2017
JUCCI said:
YES! I was looking for someone that agreed with me! When Kabakura came out to 'make up' with Hanako I was like '*rubs hands* my boi is about to hit her with the MAGIC WORDS!!' lol but all he called her was an ugly hag and that he could get any other girl if he wanted to???

vong10 said:
Dude, Kabakura was/is a jerk. I expected him to say something nice or at least apologise to Hanako.... Still amazed they are actually dating.

I know right! /Lets just hope for the best
May 7, 2018 7:46 PM
Nov 2017
Nice episode. It feels more realistic that the previous eps especially on working vibe matter. The characters felt real, like how a real person would react plus we got to know more about Kabakua and Hanako. The Yuudachi Kai-Ni figure got me though lol.
May 7, 2018 10:39 PM

Nov 2014
Elyasis said:
Terkhev said:

And as i can remember, tsundere never cross the line where they hurts the person they love.

It's pretty normal for tsunderes to literally hit guys, so no idea what to say here. They also usually use really harsh words.
I also don't support such behaviour, he went overboard a lot, but I don't like when people jump on male tsundere so much after watching female chracters doing same for years.
May 7, 2018 11:22 PM

May 2015
Terkhev said:
Elyasis said:

It's pretty normal for tsunderes to literally hit guys, so no idea what to say here. They also usually use really harsh words.
I also don't support such behaviour, he went overboard a lot, but I don't like when people jump on male tsundere so much after watching female chracters doing same for years.

Usually, when a tsundere hits another person, it's made for comedy. Here, there is not really place for a comedy. It's just a women crying, hurt by a man who only could tell harsh words to her girlfriend. I don't remember seeing such a scene with another "tsundere" character, either male or female.
May 8, 2018 8:11 AM
Jan 2016
That ending was hard to watch, having had a friend go through a similar thing with her ex like Kabakura and Koyanagi, that was far too real and close to home.
I'm hoping he gets some sort of arc to sort that the fk out.
May 8, 2018 2:01 PM
Jan 2018
Mais um episódio incrível! Foi muuuuito fofo! Amei ♥.
May 9, 2018 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
I don't know . It's been long time since I saw anime that simple and cool like that .. is it just me that i see the perfect relationship between hanako and kabakura ?
From the beginning and till now I have one intrest in them .. secondary characters are taking the show .. God Damn I like hanako
May 10, 2018 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
Their reaction on sailor moon and dragon is the same for me when card captor sakura aired. Q.Q
May 13, 2018 7:39 PM

Jun 2009
This ep. was so hilarious!!!! I cried from laughter a lot. Also, loved Narumi's growl. And Hirataka's smile at the end!
May 14, 2018 12:04 PM

Dec 2015
Hanako-chan so adorable <33
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 19, 2018 5:10 PM

Jul 2011
I totally agree. I personally think Hanako could do a lot better -- it's not fair that she seems more appreciative of Kabakura than he does of her. I get that they tend to bicker a lot, but Jesus, it seems like they genuinely hate each other -- why bother staying together?

Madotsuki-san said:
The final scene with Kabakura and Koyanagi left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. So far the most memorable things that couple does is bickering and talking shit about each other.
Their "reconciliation" was probably supposed to be a funny/romantic tsundere moment, but it came off as a sign of a dysfunctional relationship, with Kabakura acting like an asshole. Because yeah, when your girlfriend is worried that you're always fighting and is insecure about whether or not you're satisfied with her, the best thing to say is to call her an ugly hag and to confirm that you can easily get a better woman. Then silently hug her while she complains that you always talk shit about her and never say anything nice to her.

I expected him to end it with something like "but it all doesn't matter because you are the one I love", but nope, that payoff never came.

Basically, what these people said:
Kimurah said:
Profit?

JUCCI said:

vong10 said:

merryyeah said:
I'd like to think Kabakura doesn't treat Koyanagi like that all the time-- otherwise, he'd be no more than a jerk.

dontugetit said:
I did tear up a bit at the scene where Kabakura (don't) "comforts" Koyanagi .. mostly bcuz I knew a person who sometimes treated me like that, and this was very sad. at the time I thought less of myself
I was hoping he would say something encouraging =/

Mormegil said:

Elyasis said:
May 24, 2018 9:28 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Aww Hanako x Kabakura
They fight all the time but in the end they still love each other. I really liked how Kabakura embraced Hanako and then patted her. The dude can be real sweet at times.

Kabakura in that cosplay lol
Hanako gets the win win lol, Yuudachi figure and Kabakura cosplay xD

May 25, 2018 10:40 AM

Jun 2013
How dare Hirotaka talk down on Sailor Moon R! At least he cried with Narumi while watching some eps.

Love Hirotaka blushed when Kabakura said he thought he looked good as a girl. Yaoi images, fanfics, etc. please!

Narumi thinking "OPPAI SUUGE!" while hugging best girl Koyanagi was pretty funny.

Honestly, I don't like Kabakura. He is such a fucking asshole. What a dick. He's my least favorite out of the four. I love his seiyuu but not his character. I don't think they're a good match for each other especially since Koyanagi has self-esteem issues. He somewhat verified her claims that he IS just settling for her.
BibimbapskiMay 25, 2018 10:48 AM
臭い-
Aug 9, 2018 12:37 AM

May 2012
Really lovely episode again, that ending was really lovely captured! Quite love how this anime is progressing. Let's see what's next.
Aug 21, 2018 2:25 AM

Mar 2012
i'm with everyone here saying animation took a deep plunge this episode because it did. and it's disappointing seen this doesn't really require much with the office setting. but it's still one of the most enjoyable shows i'm catching up on from this season.

and although i thought bakakura could have been nicer towards koyanagi, i think calling him abusive is going a bit too far. he could have used nicer words and actually said something, but in this case i think he actually treats her pretty well
and seem to really care for her most of the time.
Aug 27, 2018 5:49 PM

Aug 2007
This episode is a lot better than the first three. I think it's because the personalities are pretty apparent.

I hope I can one day be good friends with another couple with my boyfriend. It would be way too fun c:

Nov 27, 2018 8:51 AM

Aug 2015
This anime is an endless source of gifs.

"Mune ga dekai tokoro", I loled so hard, haha. Also this scene was so funny, Narumi's menacing voice was great, nice job by her VA.
And Tomokazu Sugita became one of those voice actors that did so many jobs that I just can't forget about him when I hear his voice, I can't even pay good attention to Kabakura because everytime I hear him I just think of Kyon. :(

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Nov 29, 2018 6:22 AM

Mar 2008
I had very low expectations for this show because the first episode was terrible, however this episode was pretty funny and had a sincere quality to it. Looking forward to the rest.
Jan 3, 2019 3:25 AM

May 2013
BAKAKURA, HOW DARE YOU MAKE HANA-CHAN CRY EVEN THOUGH I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS CUZ SHE'S SO FUCKING MOE WHEN SHE'S CRYING LOLOLOL

Idiot. Be nicer to ya girl X)
Feb 4, 2019 6:57 AM

Jul 2014
When watching this episode, I realized that a lot of comedy anime I don't like usually have scenes with characters yelling in front of a background that has speed lines. Now I won't be able to stop noticing it.

Kimurah said:

Profit?

Yeah, exactly.
Mar 11, 2019 5:17 PM

Sep 2011
It felt weird that we didn't get an actual answer to Hana's question, but I guess she knows deep down that Kabakura is probably just too embarassed to say how he feels.
Apr 5, 2019 5:19 PM

Dec 2016
Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball (Z) are classic! I made a huge smile after I saw Momose watching Sailor Moon <3

I died when I heard they mention Ranka and Sheryl from Macross Frontier! Kabakura have good taste ;)

Great episode! Koyanagi and Kabakura fight too much ^^; Hope they will get better in future episodes.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 9, 2019 1:03 AM

Jun 2013
Omg, Hirotaka and Narumi are crying because of anime!!! But it's actually normal. I also tend to cry whenever I see an emotional scene. Otaku feels~ ♥

Tarō is so pretty with his cosplay! I'm glad Hanako dresses him up. It's so funny that these two are always fighting. But I squeal when they embrace each other! When he wipes her tears, I'm really happy~ ♥

But I agree with this one:

Madotsuki-san said:

^^ This. I'm expecting that there will be magic words from Tarō in the end, but he just says harsh words to Hanako. I know he's just joking, but he can be nicer. Well, at least they make up.

At the post-credit scene, things are getting intense. Both Narumi and Hirotaka question about their relationship - especially about the compromising stuff. But eventually, they have fun together. Their laugh is so cute~ ♥
Aug 12, 2019 3:23 PM

Aug 2018
Oh shoot, Hanako misunderstood Tarou.
Oct 19, 2019 3:56 AM

Mar 2015
A successful relationship knows how to work things out too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 6, 2020 5:39 PM
Dec 2019
Madotsuki-san said:

I completely agree.

During the previous three episodes, it only seemed that their relationship had a dysfunctional dynamic centered on the clash of competitiveness steaming from both of them. But no! This scene shows that Kabakura is straight up manipulative.

By telling her he could get a girl with bigger boobs, he seems to mean she'd better behave or she would be easily replaced. A similar reasoning is applied to him repeatedly calling her "ugly hag" -- that is, to keep hurting her self-esteem. No wonder she is perpetually insecure about her role in the relationship.

Nevertheless, I reckon that MacMeaties also shows a possible interpretation that would contradict how I see it:
MacMeaties said:
Yup it's his character and she is a cry drunk. The inference of what he said was that he isn't just settling on her out of convenience because he could find someone like she described but he hasn't and won't because he's chosen her.

Jan 28, 2020 2:00 AM

Aug 2018
I like it when Koyanagi crying and talking on Momose's back and momose be like didnt listening and thinking about how big koyanagis boobs xD

My fav ep so far i love the ship between Kabakura and Koyanagi compared to Momose and Hirotaka

Koyanagi is a type of girl you wanna protect eyy
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Apr 17, 2020 8:31 AM

May 2015
Hirotaka laughing was precious to see.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 2, 2021 5:05 PM
Jan 2021
i feel like a mix of both relationships would make my ideal relationship with someone else lol i'm going to go be depressed about the fact that i'll never get that relationship with someone else JHURGHIW BYE
Jun 24, 2021 9:25 AM

Jun 2021

Really mature love is not only difficult it is complicated.Narume sheds tear for sailor moon R.Watching it made her nostalgic.Perhaps I think narume likes sailor moon series.and hirotaku likes dragon ball series.hirotaku loves playing video games and hirotaku loves reading manga and watching anime.Hanako loves Boys love and cosplay others and herself as a man.Bascially she is cosplay OTAKU.Tarou is a rare and typical OTAKU.Hanako and Tarou Dating each other for years.

Jun 29, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2020
Love that smile at the end.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jul 4, 2021 2:29 AM

Jul 2015
Gotta love how Narumi gives this emotional speech how they came to accept each others only for Hirotaka to bluntly say its too late to save her. Good to see Bakakura and big tiddy Hanako confront their insecurities and doubts for each other. More importantly we finally got to know who truly is the best girl in this series: Hirotaka

Jul 11, 2021 8:42 PM
Aug 2020
1ST TIME!!! 1ST TIME!!! F I R S T T I M E I saw Nifuji laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO CUTE!

-So this means that the 4 of them are like have diff ideals.

Nifuji --> Hana : due to big boobs
Hana --> Nifuji : due to princely type, ikemen,. "Like a high end estate"
Kabakura --> Naru : due to cute and small type
Naru --> Kabakura : because hes cool type

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY SHOULD JUST SWAP HEHE
Jul 27, 2021 5:28 PM
May 2020
different interactions cater for different messages of love huh?
Aug 2, 2021 3:33 AM

May 2018
Ok that lover's 'spat' was way too funny xD and the cosplays were too beautiful
Oct 23, 2021 11:30 PM

Jan 2021
This episode manage to evoke a wide array of my emotions
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.