Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2018 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so Ren and the others plans to continue with their work after finishing their first mission.

I think it's kinda interesting that there's a Channel set up for more opportunities. Ren seems to be adapting with his role well in the other world. Ofc, he does have allies so he's not alone.

May 5, 2018 8:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Starts off with Akechi, lol. Akechi 5 the Animation going strong. On the plus side, maybe the anime might make Akechi a better character than he was in the game. But if that means rushing other plot points, then I'd rather have A-1 not focus on Akechi (even if I like his as a character to a certain extent).

It's cool that they showed them selling the medal (Iwai tease again), and the whole buffet scene. At least Morgana wasn't all obnoxious about getting an even amount of food for everything, lol. Also, Shido. Time to start the Phantom Thieves journey! I'm glad that this adaptation didn't have them deciding to be the Phantom Thieves in the buffet. Makes sense to announce and yell it out in an empty place.

I saw Yoshida for a bit, lol. And we get a bit of focus on Mishima, and even Makoto for a bit. And Mememtos gets introduced too, though I don't expect the anime to ever go here for too long until the story's climax. Maybe them doing a request for a minute or something. They played some new music in Mememtos though.

Though, Madarame got brought up in Mememtos, just like it did in the game. All-out attack has an approved look because it's completely based off the game. But the transition is still awkward. I think it's the sound effect that makes the transition worse. Anyways, much improved all out attack.

Aye, Sojiro talking about curry to Ren. And we get another Akechi scene, but this is more close to a scene in the actual game. The new OST they played during Akechi's scene is amazing!!! Why is this guy getting so much justice? pun intended

Watch the end credit scene for best boy Yusuke

Pacing is much slower that the last four episodes.... which isn't a good sign because that means the other arcs are gonna get rushed heavy.
GoldenDevilGamerMay 5, 2018 9:01 AM
May 5, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2007
A new guy introduced. High school detective?

Cherishing gold metal that bad to the extend that he created that world?

Buffet for celebration. Showing how adults blaming the faults to kids.

Mamo's character wanting to continue their activities to improve the world. The Phantom.

That guy who helped the teacher from previous case helped them launching a fan site. Visiting another world in general.

Another new guy?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 5, 2018 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
Is the director and the whole staff bunch of fujoshs and fudanshs or what the heck is happening with this adaptation.

Also, next week we will get some nudes xD
May 5, 2018 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
So I finally got my hands on the game and I literally played through the content of this episode like yesterday and I can see why a lot of people are mentioning the fast pacing. The anime is definitely insanely faster paced but that's to be expected but I'm still finding this pretty enjoyable.

I'm finally able to appreciate them for using the game's music in the anime.

Pretty cool that they decided to add an extra scene in the buffet where that lady bumps into Ann and blames her for it.

So the Phantom Thieves are finally officially formed, I never realized that 'The Phantoms' is actually the canon group name I went with Night Raid, I know they're always referred to as 'Kaitou-dan' in the game but wonder if they'll actually be referred too differently here but it's nice that they showed the naming. I also love the scene where they read all the appreciative comments on the website.

They totally breezed through Mementos, even the mini boss fight felt a little fast but the All Out attack with the addition of the final full still shot was awesome. :D

I'm assuming the Akechi scene at the end is new since only Sae shows up in the game.

Yusuke intro in the post credit scene!
May 5, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2018
So finally this series have proper pace. I think A-1 was really confused, how to adapt Kamoshida Palace. But after Kamoshida, especially this episode had proper face. But i still had problem about battle scene and shadow appeareance. in persona 4, shadow appear not just for final boss each palace, but when they still infiltrate, shadow appear to face them, But in this series i feel shadow just appear for final boss each palace or mementos. Like in this episode, they decided to make our main cast to avoided shadow, even though mementos was for farming in persona 5 game.
May 5, 2018 11:25 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Akechi sure is a chick magnet huh. Selling the medal must have been nerve wracking. Man the rich people at the buffet sure have poor manners. And so the phantom thieves are formed. The decision about the names was hillarious. Seems their first victory gained them both new allies and new enemies as well. So memento's is the public's shared palace huh. Looks like the team's target criteria and squad organisation are now set. Takemi is the first of the confidants to be featured huh. So Akechi got formally introduced in a new scene huh. That sure was a tense moment between Akechi and Ren though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 11:27 AM

Jul 2012
Well the battle, if you even can call it a battle, was underwhelming, but the mementos were decently done. Ma(i)koto is here <3
May 5, 2018 11:27 AM

Aug 2010
Ah god, it's getting worse and worse, with that all-out-attack animation... His face looks like a piece of turd...
May 5, 2018 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
holy crap this episode was really well paced plus they showed mementos. I'm still disappointed that their not showing the star with the stats increasing or the tarot cards that each friend represents. I do like some of the changes they made in this episode like where certain topics were discussed. I loved that they showed off the jack plush but I wonder who won it or bought it for ann?
May 5, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2017
Interesting episode with a slower pacing but I think it was better with this pacing.

Nice to see the Phantoms officially formed :) .

5 episodes in and look, 7.45 is way too harsh for this show. Way too harsh. It is not that bad.
May 5, 2018 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
Thank you A-1 for my weekly animated Goro fix 🙏
May 5, 2018 12:31 PM
Mar 2016
this story flow is terrific
too rushed
every change scene feel like didnt connect
May 5, 2018 12:32 PM

Aug 2016
already played the game and all but with 19 eps left and the introduction to persona 5 just concluding. how are they going to possibly adapt the rest of the game into 24 eps.

I doubt they'll be a second season of this so the 2nd half of this anime is probably going to be a massive mess

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

May 5, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 2016
From the looks of it, by the end of the series, the All-Out-Attacks will actually have everything it does in the game if they keep on adding on more features as shown in this episode.

This slower pace was honestly a surprise for me, but then again, there wasn't really much in this episode that moved the plot in particular, with the exception of Madarame and Yusuke. I noticed that there have been a lot of camera angles from faraway when the crew were talking with each other; I guess this is supposed to resemble how it is in the game. Yoshida's, Takemi's, Iwai's, and Makoto's cameos were also much appreciated (Makoto's especially). And Mementos was also introduced,

There were some nice cuts throughout the episode, like the shadow's transformation and, strangely enough, Yusuke's smooth hand movement (reminds me of Kazuma from Konosuba); there were more frames put into that than some other scenes.

Also, I HAD NO IDEA THEY WORE SUSPENDERS UNDERNEATH THEIR UNIFORM.

iBackaMay 5, 2018 12:40 PM
May 5, 2018 1:11 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Animoos said:
already played the game and all but with 19 eps left and the introduction to persona 5 just concluding. how are they going to possibly adapt the rest of the game into 24 eps.

I doubt they'll be a second season of this so the 2nd half of this anime is probably going to be a massive mess
Finally someone gets it! Everyone's too busy talking about how this pace is the most ideal (or they're still calling it rushed), and I'm just here complaining that it's too slow. With 24 episodes and 8 palaces, each palace will have an average length of 3 episodes. With Kamoshida's palace taking up 4 episodes, one palace is bound to get only two episodes. This episode barely showed Yusuke. They'll have to get to Yusuke's awakening by next episode, and wrap up Madarame's arc in the episode after that.

iBacka said:
I think the school has an option to use either suspenders or belts. Ryuji wears a belt, but considering his rebellious attitude, he might be doing that intentionally.
GoldenDevilGamerMay 5, 2018 1:14 PM
May 5, 2018 1:44 PM
Feb 2016
Thought the anime is gonna introduce the new guy next week yet he already shows up this week. Can't wait to find out more about him. And not sure what to make of Akechi since there must be a reason why they kept on showing him. Not sure whether I should label him as a good guy or a bad one. This week's episode is rather slow paced as compared to the previous 4 episodes where it is more action packed and involves major story development but I guess it has to be done to built up for the next episode. Can't wait for next week.
May 5, 2018 1:55 PM

Nov 2016
It is official now, Phantom Thieves are now a group. The adults in the episode were bastards. Ehh didn't like it too much.

More explanation about Metaverse. Memento format was really interesting and unique. They are gaining some fame through the real world, so they need to be aware. The detective guy have something fishy.
May 5, 2018 1:56 PM

Mar 2016
Another good episode this week. Howwver, not enough Tae thicc-ness! give us more
May 5, 2018 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
Seems weird to adapt a game like this, it's almost like just taking all the cutscenes and skipping the actual gameplay.. I don't like it very much..

Also, I hate Akechi..
May 5, 2018 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
THE LAST TWO SECONDS ARE WHAT REALLY MATTER IN THIS EP

TIME TO SHINE BEST CHARACTER
May 5, 2018 2:19 PM

Aug 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Animoos said:

Finally someone gets it! Everyone's too busy talking about how this pace is the most ideal (or they're still calling it rushed), and I'm just here complaining that it's too slow. With 24 episodes and 8 palaces, each palace will have an average length of 3 episodes. With Kamoshida's palace taking up 4 episodes, one palace is bound to get only two episodes. This episode barely showed Yusuke. They'll have to get to Yusuke's awakening by next episode, and wrap up Madarame's arc in the episode after that.

yeah thinking about it logically they'd have to start cutting down on the length of the palaces considering there are other sub events in the game.
Honestly I can't see how it's even feasible to watch the anime without playing the game such is the amount of context needed to piece together what is happening (e.g why mishima made the site to begin with). Like the amount the anime cuts out in explaining character relationships and developing said characters (which is the bread and butter of persona) is absurd.

I can only see this as being a compliment to the game if you just want to see it adapted but never ever would be advisable to watch minus playing the game first. the anime simply cannot condense 100+ hours into 10

slán abhaile corcaigh
Níl aon tinteán mar do thinteán féin

☘ ☘ ☘

Currently stealing your heart,
your women and also your job

May 5, 2018 2:24 PM

Dec 2012
Weekly dose of- wait, it was too much Akechi this ep so there's no sole highlight but many
here,a pretty loser detective eating alone

Akechi the Animation is great
This ep went a little slower than usual so people should stop complaining it's too rushed. If it's rushed nothing makes sense,if it's slow they can't cover the entire game smh

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Watch the end credit scene for best boy Yusuke

LOBSTER BOY IS COMING IN YAAAASSSS
May 5, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
GoldenDevilGamer said:

iBacka said:
I think the school has an option to use either suspenders or belts. Ryuji wears a belt, but considering his rebellious attitude, he might be doing that intentionally.

He's wearing the suspenders down like the bad boy he is
May 5, 2018 2:45 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
kawaii-despair said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

He's wearing the suspenders down like the bad boy he is
So I guess suspenders are part of the uniform, but he still chooses to wear a belt instead.
May 5, 2018 2:58 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ugh. if there' one cliché that i dislike it's the "teenage super detective". I hope he's not the main antagonist.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2016
this is really garbage without gameplay and stylish stuff
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 5, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 2017
I guess till this anime ends we will keep repeating the same thing over and over.

That its an anime adaptation of the recent game,a game that focuses heavily in choices,dialogues and is like 80-90hours for the first playthrough and around 150hours to platinum.

Yes it will be fast paced because its impossible to show everything in 24 episodes.

Also its purpose is not to replace the game,it is to advertise it to new people to go and buy the game.

As someone who has beat the game and platinumed it,i am pleased with the overall execution.

The adaptation is pretty spot on,even in the music we listen.Thats why i cant understand why the score keeps getting lower and lower.

FulgoreMay 5, 2018 4:09 PM
May 5, 2018 4:39 PM

Jul 2012
I find hilarious that people think this is in any way rushed, in terms of significant adapted content. Thus far they literally adapted everything that was essential without missing any plot points (even foreshadowing Best Sensei's side work on episode 1 very handfully, instead of throwing in your face out of nowhere like in the game).

This episode was paced semi perfectly too, not slow nor fast. The pacing for Kamoshida arc WAS blazing fast, but it wasn't in any way rushed. That's the impression some people have since the game gives you liberty to take your time with its vastness as much as you want, deciding what you wanna do in your day-by-day plans.

The anime just took down the whole day-by-day thing and shown only the plot and hints (and some extras, like a certain early cameo in the ramen shop for a cool character that will be introduced later on).

The only thing I've found actually a bit rushed was a certain portion of the day 1 in school from episode 1. And that could be probably fixed much like the P4 adaptation did in the BDs, giving it some extra minutes it couldn't have during the airing on TV.

This episode was pretty stellar, All Out Attack issues aside, yet again (it's getting better).

4.5/5
DanpmssMay 5, 2018 4:51 PM
May 5, 2018 5:02 PM

Jul 2016
It seems like people have never watched any game adaptation in his life.

This is kinda okay for 24 episodes, heck I would say that they slowed down a lot in this ep. There is 8 main palaces in the game and unless they pull a P4A and make the final one an OVA or Special they must adapt each palace in 2 or 3 episodes.

I still think that this should have been 3cour to have a somewhat nicely paced adaptation (4 episodes per palace + 4 to dedicate to explore the Confidants and each Phantom Thief and sidequests).

P4A did a great job with 26 episodes because is way more easy to adapt a story where each dungeon is just a piece of a larger plot (the Inaba murders) and you only explore one character than P5A where each dungeon has his own theme (Each of the seven deadly sins) and main protagonist/antagonist.
May 5, 2018 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
this episode was great and all, but... can we talk about akechi's instagram with only food stuff related.

if you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences
for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them
to hurt you a second time in your mind.

- Shannon L. Alder

May 5, 2018 6:05 PM

Jan 2008
3 bills for a likely plated medal...not too shabby. I wonder how much actual gold content was in it. But wait, Morgana said it was a fake? Did he mean that it was not real gold, or that it only manifested into reality from nothing?

"Cats turning to buses"...classic Totoro refence.

"Stalker" dude looks sort of like the P4 protagonist...if his shadow had a bowl cut.

When Sae showed up, I was looking forward to some more interaction with our hoo boy, Ren...rather than with Akechi. Pity...looks likes they're going to give Akechi the main focus. Sae doesn't get enough love as it is.
May 5, 2018 6:54 PM

Dec 2013
This adaptation is getting better as it goes on.

The formation of the phantom thieves!

Best boy Yusuke has appeared!
May 5, 2018 7:16 PM

Jan 2008
Oh neat, more Takemi and finally some Mikoto.

Had kind of hoped they improved the all attack animation but it seems they're going to stick with reusing the poorly animated one.
May 5, 2018 7:38 PM

Jan 2011
Mind fucking blown and i thought it was only Makoto /females that wore suspenders thought Ryuji was just wearing waist belt like things since all the dudes that it would've shown wearing them had it down lol.

still more the less the same glad they cut out that one part from the dinner hall it never made sense in game ,Though certain someone sure is showing up a lot
May 5, 2018 8:23 PM

May 2015
It is nice that they can sell the rewards from their encounter, talking about the reward the food from that buffet looks yummy...
May 5, 2018 8:34 PM

Apr 2016
Ren is sooooo boring.

We got some curious characters coming out this episode. Interesting to see if they will be foes or allies to the Phantom Thieves. We got some group development, and it seems like we're entering the second arc of the game. Otherwise an average episode.
[
May 5, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2015
rafaelhwk said:
Ren is sooooo boring.

Well he is a silent protagonist in the game, with occasionally a line of dialogue that the player has to choose. It'd be nice to give Ren a proper personality. He was given a bit of development in the first 2-3 episodes with regards to how he deals with his criminal record, but that's pretty much about it.
May 5, 2018 11:52 PM

May 2016
I personally thought this episode was worse in terms of animation quality, not only the all-out attacks but basically every group shot, only close-ups looked decent enough. Did they put the whole budget for this episode into animating Goro? The guy never looked better (they managed to cutify him, that's certainly something).

I'm really excited to see where they are going with him.
May 6, 2018 12:43 AM

Dec 2015
I guess a few more episode wont hurt . Im starting to get bored watching this
May 6, 2018 3:16 AM

Oct 2011
Yusuke omg omg yes !!!! 😍
May 6, 2018 3:18 AM
Jul 2018
i start to think of dropping this show. It is getting more dull and confusing to me, i feel like they are stretching the unnecessary parts (some idle chit-chatting) while rushing important parts (cuz it is quite all over the place to me), plus i havent played the game so i dont have any initial interest for this.
May 6, 2018 4:26 AM

Feb 2014
The pacing was quite a bit slower than last week, but I still think the episode did a very good job in explaining about the metaverse, introducing Mementos and also Mishima's creation of the Phantom Thieves Phansite.

Although like others here, it does worry me about how they'll be adapting the rest of the palace arcs with 19 episode left without rushing the pacing here and there. =/

On the plus side, CloverWorks has finally sorted out Ren's all-out attack pose that looks MUCH better than the first effort in episode 2. The animation could use a bit more work, but at least the close-up shots with the characters looked great. =)

As for Akechi, well, he got more screentime and his interaction with Ren was intriguing, but that's all, really.

And thus, Yusuke appears in the post-credits scene with his stalking of Anne, so I'm looking forward to seeing his arc animated next time. =)
May 6, 2018 4:34 AM

Mar 2015
GET READY FOR BEST BOY NEXT WEEK
May 6, 2018 7:16 AM
Jun 2017
yeah!!! the phantom thieves are still to continue their mission... and now they are in this memento thing. hmmm... i like that one.. hahaha
May 6, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty nice episode, they introduced mementos with metaverse explained. Makoto,Takemi,Yoshida, and Iwai cameos this episode. The buffet resto scene was nice, and The Phantom was formed.
Best boy Yusuke next week.

May 6, 2018 11:56 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty ok episode. We get more characters like Shido, Makoto, Sae and Goro who all play an important part in the story. Ren and the gang get introduced to Mementos as they take a request from the phan site. Still the all out attack looks ugly imo and towards the end we get who is essentially best boy of the game.

Am looking forward to the next episode.
May 6, 2018 12:23 PM
Jan 2017
I saw a little bit of Iwai, yahoo!
May 6, 2018 5:06 PM

Jul 2016
I have faith that the animation is going to improve for the second cour, but who knows.

I also hope they have planned out what each episode is going to adapt what. Other than poor animation, I'm enjoying this adaptation. It's nice seeing everything animated, and I can't wait to see the other characters (Futaba <3).

But yeah, why isn't there more investment to this? Why is the 2017 GOTY getting an adaptation with such mediocre animation? P5 deserves amazing animation.
May 6, 2018 7:03 PM

Apr 2016
MelSeraphy said:
this episode was great and all, but... can we talk about akechi's instagram with only food stuff related.

Is it just me, or I'm starting to think that Goro's Instagram had just food-related stuff???

P.S. I don't know if I should say this, but am I also starting to think that his VA is ironically the same as with Kira from Gundam SEED at some point????
神様はその独り子を賜ったほどに この世を愛してくださった。 それは御子を信じる者が一人も滅びないで 永遠の命を得るためである。
kamisama wa sono hitori no ko wo tamawatta hodo ni kono yo wo aishite kudasatta. sore wa miko wo shinjiru mono ga hitori mo horobinai de eien no inochi wo eru tame dearu.
For God so love the world that he gave His only Begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.