Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 5, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, M's reactions this episode gave me a totally different impression of who he like before.

That silliness aside, we still got a bunch of action. It felt like the episode's fighting still feels generally teh same though even at this point. Really wish they changed something up. LLLEN's training did pay off though.

I also noticed the episode made moments that really tried to bring out the characters' movesets. And damn, LLEEN can be a little scary when she gets intensely serious.
May 5, 2018 8:27 AM

Nov 2007
So he's extremely afraid of Hikasa-san's character that does timid action.

She lets him go and she acts alone. One on one gun fight, no there are more. She hurts badly, though.

Gun talking to her when she realized she shouldn't run away.

The guy joins for support. Her gun also sacrificed to protect her. They won.

The high school girl group that she always pass through admires her. One of the girls is the huge girl that she fought against at the end.

3rd song Independence will be available soon, and ReoNa is the singer for Elza Kanzaki. She is one of the finalists of SACRA MUSIC audition
http://moca-news.net/article/20180506/2018050600300a_/01/

Edit: recap ep. by written by Keiichi Shigusawa next.
https://twitter.com/ggo_anime/status/992907402272894977
tsubasaloverMay 6, 2018 3:22 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 5, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
What a great episode. There are a lot of cool action which make me so excited and now i will wait for the sub to see what was written in that letter
May 5, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2014
Lot of mixed feelings about this episode, parts of it were really good and some of it was just insanely contrived.

I'm not sure what M's deal, looks like his complete change in demeanor was not related any plan or anything and he just gets scared of Pitou? It's kinda weird that they just destroyed his cool guy character just like that.

Some of the fight scenes were great but some parts of the battle with Boss vs LLENN just felt contrived especially the part where she just shoots into the scanner which is an immortal object and the end where she uses the P-90 to block all of the Boss's shots. I mean when the entire shooting mechanic is based of that aim assist system that has a huge crosshair and assuming the bullet goes randomly into that circle, it's just contrived that she somehow always shot the scanner and that somehow all her shots were blocked by the P90. Well no point in talking about it now.

I noticed M-san said 'Boku' at the end there, is he possibly a kid?

Nooo! Why'd you cut your hair Karen? T.T
It's kinda cool that the kids were actually the final opponents.
May 5, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
Yes yes yes.. LLENN won the tournament!!! Her fight was so amazing..Too bad that P-chan was destroyed..
Can't wait to see next episode..

May 5, 2018 10:17 AM
Apr 2014
Would anyone happen to know the name of the music that plays during battles? I really like it.
May 5, 2018 10:20 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode, especially when LLENN went to "Pink Devil" after P-chan had been shooted. and so that high schoolers is boss team.
May 5, 2018 10:24 AM

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Lot of mixed feelings about this episode, parts of it were really good and some of it was just insanely contrived.

I'm not sure what M's deal, looks like his complete change in demeanor was not related any plan or anything and he just gets scared of Pitou? It's kinda weird that they just destroyed his cool guy character just like that.

Some of the fight scenes were great but some parts of the battle with Boss vs LLENN just felt contrived especially the part where she just shoots into the scanner which is an immortal object and the end where she uses the P-90 to block all of the Boss's shots. I mean when the entire shooting mechanic is based of that aim assist system that has a huge crosshair and assuming the bullet goes randomly into that circle, it's just contrived that she somehow always shot the scanner and that somehow all her shots were blocked by the P90. Well no point in talking about it now.

I noticed M-san said 'Boku' at the end there, is he possibly a kid?

Nooo! Why'd you cut your hair Karen? T.T
It's kinda cool that the kids were actually the final opponents.

May 5, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2015
Would be fun if she obsessed over using knives now:D and sorta scary in kitchen.
May 5, 2018 10:31 AM

Dec 2013
I really liked the episode apart from the one on one fight. Both Eva and LLENN get a bit to unlucky with how many times they completely miss their shots while within arms reach, and I think it started to feel a bit unreal, but that could just be me. All in all though, I really enjoyed it.
May 5, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Talking P-chan xD

Episode was pretty cool to watch again,unfortunately the writing doesn't match that.

Pitou becoming the antagonist like the opening implied.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 5, 2018 10:35 AM

Jun 2017
I really liked this episode, it had some pretty good action, LLENN is a fun protagonist and the other characters are pretty good too.
May 5, 2018 10:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the letter from Pito sure is full of threats thats for sure. Llenn and M's battle against Eva's team though was intense but at least she had the opportunity to use the knife skills that she was taught. That was well deserved victory for Llenn and M though. Looks like Llenn realises the tactics that she should stick to to be most effective. An interesting episode that showed an interesting side to M's character as well as showing the development that Llenn has undergone as a result of her time in SJ. The personification of her gun was funny though. The scene in the end with the schoolgirls was interesting though. So both realise who they really were in GGO huh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 5, 2018 10:53 AM

May 2016
That final battle was so stupid and contrived I think I might be having a stroke because of it.
May 5, 2018 10:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
awe man, why some of them cute girls gotta pick such ugly avatars? LOL

anyway

you can never have enough OP females and armies of bad girls...

that are all hot... :/
May 5, 2018 10:55 AM
Mar 2018
How did it go from M pulling a gun on LLENN at the end of the last episode to LLENN having her gun aimed at M at the start of this episode?
May 5, 2018 11:00 AM
Apr 2018
The end of last weeks episode had a scene after credits your probably missed out on.
May 5, 2018 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Finally confirmation of P-chan being best girl. RIP

There is no way an experienced team could forget about LLENN has a teammate. They were literally just shooting at them at the lake. The leader of the team had some real trashy aim.

Again we saw LLENN spamming her abnormal speed with tiny body. At least she is pretty smart and can think on the spot.
UImoetardMay 5, 2018 11:05 AM
May 5, 2018 11:01 AM
Dec 2014
FlameLWF said:
How did it go from M pulling a gun on LLENN at the end of the last episode to LLENN having her gun aimed at M at the start of this episode?

Watch past the ending credits of episode 4
“There are only three ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The second is as though everything is a miracle. The third is as though everything is a choice by Steins;Gate.”
May 5, 2018 11:06 AM
Mar 2018
Animeforevry1 said:
The end of last weeks episode had a scene after credits your probably missed out on.

Ah I'm dumb, thank you (:
May 5, 2018 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
rip P-chan, best chara in the series
FFFFFFFFFFF
May 5, 2018 11:11 AM

Dec 2017
uhm, so many questions...

-she's fast enough to dodge a bullet and not fast enough to dodge a kick?
-immortal object? a piece of player's body? clothing?
-ok, immortal object, why shoot the same spot over and over?
-she missed point blank from p90? that needs a lot of effort to do that
-even though she shots a straight line of bullets from range..
-knifing legs affects persons body and she falls down on knees, llenn gets shot multiple times, doesn't give a fuck, nice

well, what am i even complaining about, such a shitty writing couldn't apply under normal game logic

upd: also, that bullet to bullet scene was just like evangelion's one, but it didn't affect the bullet trajectory, sadly
May 5, 2018 11:13 AM
Aug 2016
FlameLWF said:

Watch the WHOLE episode next time.
May 5, 2018 11:17 AM

Jul 2017
Not bad entertainment wise, but the action got a bit repetitive this episode for me. Still, I didn't hate this episode so creds to them.
May 5, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
The action scenes were pretty cool in this episode, even if some of it was pretty farfetched. Besides, once you hear that insert song, the MC powers up by a factor of 11 and becomes unbeatable, so it makes sense that LLENN got pretty lucky at times. Also, I liked the final scene where she met the Boss player in real life.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 5, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2015
be honest, i like the action. really was satisfiying action scene. really intense, and hype, i like it a lot. but the fuck i got mind blown that, that bunch of amazon girl is actually little elementary girl lmafo.

andd...really, i only like the action. i was really good hahaha
and, rip p-chan.

i dont feel good.
I DONT WANNA GO!!
YizelTroMay 5, 2018 11:36 AM
May 5, 2018 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
She found more friends, and they were her enemies from the final.
I don't think Pito is as crazy as M says she is.
May 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Jun 2016
Nice action and animation in this episode

May 5, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2015
This was a really good episode, the action was quite cool. Karen managed to defeat most of that team by herself, but M helped out as well. P-chan got destoryed :( The group of kids at the end is the team she fought against in GGO lol.
May 5, 2018 11:39 AM
Oct 2017
shooting a whole clip into the breast pocket only to realize that exact pocket is invincible like really w t f

a lot of eyeroll moments here
May 5, 2018 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
uninstallthegame said:

"Chekov's Gun"

Still one contrived Chekov's Gun. Though I do question characters wearing body armor not counted as "Immortal object". Maybe if it's part of character's avatar then it doesn't count?
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
May 5, 2018 11:51 AM
Jan 2018
YizelTro said:
be honest, i like the action. really was satisfiying action scene. really intense, and hype, i like it a lot. but the fuck i got mind blown that, that bunch of amazon girl is actually little elementary girl lmafo.

andd...really, i only like the action. i was really good hahaha
and, rip p-chan.

i dont feel good.
I DONT WANNA GO!!

they are 2nd grade highschoolers
karen is university student

----------------------------------------
mrs LLENN, i dont feel good
May 5, 2018 11:53 AM

Jul 2011
This episode was so damn surreal that I just couldn't take it seriously.
May 5, 2018 11:54 AM
Sep 2016
uninstallthegame said:

-knifing legs affects persons body and she falls down on knees, llenn gets shot multiple times, doesn't give a fuck, nice

well, what am i even complaining about, such a shitty writing couldn't apply under normal game logic

upd: also, that bullet to bullet scene was just like evangelion's one, but it didn't affect the bullet trajectory, sadly

1: she can see the line so that she can think ahead of time to dodge it, the kick has no line to show its about to come at her
2: Its the scanner, were you not paying attention?
3: She didn't realise it was an immortal object at first, which would of been obvious if you pay'd any attention
4: Again, she dodged cause she saw the line beforehand
5: what? That sentence makes no sense
6: LLEENN gave quite a few "fucks" whenever she got shot, but apparently you were off in LALA land when that happend.

Next time actually "watch" the episode please before you make up shit.
May 5, 2018 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
But now that the squad jam is over what will the rest of the show be about? Real life stuff or more GGO action?

Still don't know if LLENN should be categorized as OP or not, i mean, the way she dodges bullets with such an uncanny ease could be.
May 5, 2018 12:04 PM

Oct 2013
Akuma-chi said:
This episode was so damn surreal that I just couldn't take it seriously.

Same. I couldn't handle how corny and unrealistic it was. I understand that shows like these take things out of proportion but this was truly too unbelievable even in such a setting. Honestly, I had felt like the script writers were doing a decent job until this episode. This episode was just terrible.
May 5, 2018 12:09 PM

Jun 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Still don't know if LLENN should be categorized as OP or not, i mean, the way she dodges bullets with such an uncanny ease could be.

There's nothing wrong with her speed, t's perfectly in line with what other agility based characters have done before:

If there's one thing to complain about then it's the fact that agility builds seem to be rare AF even tho there is (for the majority of players) pretty much no reason not to put every spare point in agility.
May 5, 2018 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Noumu said:
If there's one thing to complain about then it's the fact that agility builds seem to be rare AF even tho there is (for the majority of players) pretty much no reason not to put every spare point in agility.

Yeah, that's the thing, it seems that it's the only build with no clear downside or weakness to other builds.
May 5, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
Not gonna lie, while it was entertaining, Karen’s plot armour was strong this episode e.g. Boss shooting an immortal object, P Chan having a mind of its own and being used as a shield to block Boss’s shots.

I knew M san would come to the rescue! I wonder what his real identity is
May 5, 2018 12:21 PM

Dec 2017
Fantaselion said:
uninstallthegame said:

1: she can see the line so that she can think ahead of time to dodge it, the kick has no line to show its about to come at her
2: Its the scanner, were you not paying attention?
3: She didn't realise it was an immortal object at first, which would of been obvious if you pay'd any attention
4: Again, she dodged cause she saw the line beforehand
5: what? That sentence makes no sense
6: LLEENN gave quite a few "fucks" whenever she got shot, but apparently you were off in LALA land when that happend.

Next time actually "watch" the episode please before you make up shit.

oh, come on, dude. let me put a gun to ur face and tell u to dodge it? wait, why didn't u dodge it? u saw the line...
yeah, let me shoot one spot over and over, cuz i love to do that a lot. also, let me shoot for the heart, cuz not that a HEADSHOT makes lethal damage. oh wait, but she dodges headshot point blank, cuz she sees the line... there's like a whole body in front of her and she shoots 1 spot

if u point out that line thing so much, why haven't others dodged it and got killed? why was m so scared of getting shot? couldn't he dodge it? no matter how big or small the target is (amazon has big complexity - still dodged), or how much agility it has, it's still pretty fucking hard to dodge the fucking point blank bullet

yeah, right. amazon gets her vastus medials cut and falls down on ground from damage, llenn gets shot in the ankle and runs perfectly fine afterwards. ok, i'll give it for temporary shock damage

but other than that, don't try to make up for pathetic writing, mate. the author knows a lot about guns, but not about the in-game logic and mechanics, it's just made up to entertain 12 yo viewers with a kawaii pink-suited girl
May 5, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
Unfortunately I felt that the writing was really bad this episode... Sad cuz I was enjoying this show til this episode. :/

May 5, 2018 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Noumu said:

Yeah, that's the thing, it seems that it's the only build with no clear downside or weakness to other builds.

Well there is at least one other viable build:

Playing a sniper build and camping with the invisibility cloak thingy.

I guess the rest heavily depends on what the other "rare" items do. I could see some build centered around a specific weapon if the weapon itself is OP enough but yeah, as far as standard builds go nothing seems to beat pure agility.
NoumuMay 5, 2018 12:37 PM
May 5, 2018 12:39 PM

Aug 2013
This was some next level fuckery, but at least Karen came to terms with her height at the end.
Don't believe the hype.
May 5, 2018 12:42 PM
Jun 2017
I'm so happy LLENN won SJ! I am so curious about who Pito is IRL and why M is so afraid of her. Also the end scene with finding out the group of girls were also GGO players was awesome! ^^
May 5, 2018 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
This went from watchable to absolutely fucking terrible all in 1 episode. This episode my god did it just go full retard.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 5, 2018 12:58 PM

Apr 2012
Wait, I was not mistaken? The command of the fighting "Russian" women, with whom she fought, is the IRL a group of short schoolgirls from the athletics club?
May 5, 2018 1:06 PM
Apr 2014
FlameLWF said:

you missed last episodes after credits scene
May 5, 2018 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
Just as I thought before, this show is definitely about mary sues, anyway I will just apply suspension of disbelief from now on, turn off my brain and enjoy this series.
May 5, 2018 1:25 PM

Sep 2013
Good action, LLEN is skilled but the opponents were little high school girls XD
Also recap next week I think, damn it 3hz.
May 5, 2018 1:29 PM
Apr 2018
ichii_1 said:
Good action, LLEN is skilled but the opponents were little high school girls XD
Also recap next week I think, damn it 3hz.

Well considering most COD players are like 12 I don’t see what’s the problem here
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.