Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 4, 2018 12:17 AM

Dec 2017
after seeing Kabakura and Hirotaka dress like that, i wouldn’t mind seeing those 2 like that for the rest of series... my sexuality is tested here..

i like the interaction between Koyanagi and Kabakura, they’re a good couple. you see, they’ve been together since end of highschool and in anime it showed that Koyanagi is 27, they’ve been together for for like at least 10 years, 10 FUCKING YEARS!, unless there are break up which aren’t shown or some kind fateful meeting like Hirotaka and Momose.

seeing Kabakura & Koyanagi fighting and stuff but can retain a relationship for that long means one thing, they just really love each other, a perfect tsundere couple which have their own way to express things. and i guess Kabakura is getting used to see Koyanagi getting drunk and start feeling self conscious about herself.

wish that were me though
May 4, 2018 12:24 AM
Jan 2015
This series is so relatable , not gonna lie I always hope one day I run into a girl who has similar nerdy interests. For now though, I'm enjoying watching these 4 lovable goofballs experience it.
My Queens

May 4, 2018 1:00 AM

Mar 2008
i love this series soooo much. couple goals
May 4, 2018 1:31 AM
Feb 2013
_Ravenor_ said:
"I'm going to go rough on Kabakura, just like in an X-rated doujinshi!"
I don't see how this is a threat ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kek, bribing him with a Yuudachi figure. I want to say that wouldn't work on me, but I know it totally would. Cutest Kanmusu.

The X-rated doujin revenge means the girls will make a BL about the guy (Kabakura) being mobbedR*/tenti~/etc. You get revenge as well as make a profit from it (๑•̀ㅂ•́)و✧
May 4, 2018 2:26 AM
May 2009
HereticHunter said:
Kimurah said:

Look closer. Everything except for the characters are just 3DCG models with the simplest of texture mapping and close to zero lighting effects. Hana and Kabakura aren't even that far away, yet their faces have so little detail and very minimalistic animation in their mouth movement, not to mention pretty poor even for common lip flapping. I suggest you rewatch the actual scene so you can understand what I'm saying.

A-1 has done a pretty poor job in artstyle in this show, just because it's based on a web manga and most of the backgrounds are dull one tone office facilities.

Oh watch it guys, we have a badass over here.
I'm actually watching more than 30 seasonal shows this season and still watching a few shows from my PTW list now and then. Does that more than qualifies to point out the flaws in that particular cutscene? probably, and probably not.

Even if dziabara was watching only 3 shows this season, it's not a gauge to stablish wether his criticism was right or not (PS: he was right) It's all about having a good eye to see the lack of details and obviously TsundeReaper doesn't have it, but he's quckier to open his mouth and use the typical Strawman argument to discredit someone's criticism.

You are really trying so hard, is not like animation is that important for this kind of anime, if I would expect good animation from this anime, it would be on a special moment, not at a random shot that isn't that important.

Well, it's not so difficult to check genre on the profile, so - hello, I'm a girl :)
(and I also recomend to check my animelist, just for sure)

Like Kimurah said, animation is really poor (like in this example, when scene last 4-5 seconds motionless and they didn't even look ok - see at that Kabakura's hips and head proportions), 3D models are terribly simple and visible (scene before drinking in the bar), backgrouds... what backgrouds?, and gags are slow and copied panel by panel from manga (but in bad meaning). Wotakoi should at least has an animation like MMO Junkie or so, which was simple, but cute and cleverly used. It doesn't need to be like Violet Evergarden, but this title deserves a good animation.

At least I admit that second part of this episode was fine and when Koyonagi sobs, it was heartwarming. But in the same time A-1 Pictures probably didn't even care about this show, because they too focused on FranXX.
dziabaraMay 4, 2018 2:30 AM
May 4, 2018 3:23 AM

Jul 2014
HereticHunter said:
Kimurah said:

Look closer. Everything except for the characters are just 3DCG models with the simplest of texture mapping and close to zero lighting effects. Hana and Kabakura aren't even that far away, yet their faces have so little detail and very minimalistic animation in their mouth movement, not to mention pretty poor even for common lip flapping. I suggest you rewatch the actual scene so you can understand what I'm saying.

A-1 has done a pretty poor job in artstyle in this show, just because it's based on a web manga and most of the backgrounds are dull one tone office facilities.

Oh watch it guys, we have a badass over here.
I'm actually watching more than 30 seasonal shows this season and still watching a few shows from my PTW list now and then. Does that more than qualifies to point out the flaws in that particular cutscene? probably, and probably not.

Even if dziabara was watching only 3 shows this season, it's not a gauge to stablish wether his criticism was right or not (PS: he was right) It's all about having a good eye to see the lack of details and obviously TsundeReaper doesn't have it, but he's quckier to open his mouth and use the typical Strawman argument to discredit someone's criticism.

You are really trying so hard, is not like animation is that important for this kind of anime, if I would expect good animation from this anime, it would be on a special moment, not at a random shot that isn't that important.

i couldn't agree more, we can't expect anything "perfect"...
May 4, 2018 4:50 AM
Feb 2018
I need more of this!!

(After watching this anime guys who otaku dreaming meets girl like hanako and momose)
May 4, 2018 5:05 AM

Jul 2015
Dude could indeed be someone's wife looking like that. There was a WHOLE LOT Of fighting and arguing this episode, Koyanagi and Kabakura don't get along well at times, but this whole episode was basically just them arguing, and then making up, which is good, we needed more focus on their relationship.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 4, 2018 5:47 AM

Mar 2015
Dude, Kabakura was/is a jerk. I expected him to say something nice or at least apologise to Hanako.... Still amazed they are actually dating.
May 4, 2018 6:55 AM

Feb 2016
dziabara said:

Well, it's not so difficult to check genre on the profile, so - hello, I'm a girl :)
(and I also recomend to check my animelist, just for sure)

Well excuse me for not visiting your profile just to be sure what gender you are

dziabara said:

Like Kimurah said, animation is really poor (like in this example, when scene last 4-5 seconds motionless and they didn't even look ok - see at that Kabakura's hips and head proportions), 3D models are terribly simple and visible (scene before drinking in the bar), backgrouds... what backgrouds?, and gags are slow and copied panel by panel from manga (but in bad meaning). Wotakoi should at least has an animation like MMO Junkie or so, which was simple, but cute and cleverly used. It doesn't need to be like Violet Evergarden, but this title deserves a good animation.

At least I admit that second part of this episode was fine and when Koyonagi sobs, it was heartwarming. But in the same time A-1 Pictures probably didn't even care about this show, because they too focused on FranXX.

No, Violet Evergarden animation is not good either, it might look pretty but that's all, no substance, no feeling, no nothing. Its there just to show off.

I believe Trigger is the one in charge of the animation in FranXX if I'm not mistaken. >>> expecting good animation from A1 in 2018... lol

Still no matter how bad these scenes are, is not like they represent something significant. As I said before, if I would expect animation to be good, it would be on a special moment, not on a random moment that doesn't require it. Why you might ask? Violet Evergarden is the example of that, they focused on doing everything pretty but lacks substance and is completely meaningless. In my book, animation should deliver feelings to the viewer through the screen when it comes to special moments. I would totally not expect an animation overflow over the most insignificant thing in an anime, is completely pointless.

Now obviously, if an anime gets derpy on animation that's a totally different subject. Here it doesn't look great, but not that bad, its just average, nothing to complain there as nothing worthy of great visuals is happening.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 4, 2018 7:02 AM

Mar 2009
I really love how all of these characters interact (both, as friends, and couples).
I keep thinking: "I wish I had that".
But unlike them, I can't go to conventions (because of money and transportation issues) and there are almost NO Otaku near me of the opposite gender (around my age) who don't act like asses and creeps.
So, I really enjoy these 4 (Naru & Hirotaka the most!)
I just love how they seem (to me anyway) to be extensions of each other and fit together so well!
May 4, 2018 7:43 AM

Apr 2013
YES! This was the episode that I was waiting for with the perfect Koyanagi-Kabakura moment(s) at the end. It was one of my favorite scenes from the manga and adapted very well here as well. I just love the way Kabakura calls her a "cow" with no hesitation. Amazing to have to have 2 great couples in just one show.

Also, they had the Sailor Moon R/DBZ bit in the beginning which is just absolute gold. One of my favorite shorts from the manga as well.

dankzelMay 4, 2018 9:26 AM
May 4, 2018 8:45 AM

Dec 2016
HereticHunter said:

And you're minimizing the problem at hand by being such a conformist. Nice damage control there mate.

Just because a show doesn't demand high quality animation due to it's genre and theme, doesn't mean it should be handed so poorly. That's just being lazy. Hope you don't apply that same ideology at work.

And what special moments have we had in the past 3 episodes that actually showed quality animation? Only The pilot had a good quality control in all of it's scenes. Episodes 2,3 & 4 look like they were outsourced for most of their parts.

Crocospect22 said:

We're not talking about perfection. We're talking about quality control. Have quality across all the episodes. Imagine if a car factory had that idoelogy "we're not aiming for perfection nor quality control, were just aiming for mass production"

That what you're doing is setting the bar on it's lowest.
KimurahMay 4, 2018 8:50 AM
May 4, 2018 9:05 AM

Dec 2007
I'd like to think Kabakura doesn't treat Koyanagi like that all the time-- otherwise, he'd be no more than a jerk.

I hope he only has issues with PDA, with how he refuses to call her Hanako in public, even when she teases him to say it. They do have that wallpaper photo of them being lovey-dovey, and he probably has no issues if it's only them that knows, but he pops a vein when Koyanagi makes it her wallpaper for the world to see.

Yup, I hope it's only just that.
May 4, 2018 9:18 AM
Nov 2017
Ahh. Another enjoyable episode. Hirotaka and Kabakura having their embarassing gender swaps exposed was pretty funny.

Narumi and Hirotaka crying over Sailor Moon was also pretty good. Especially since Hirotaka was like "I wouldn't watch it at work and I wouldn't cry."

Hanako was by far the best part of this episode. Getting drunk off not even one drink. Asking Hirotaka to wipe the spilt water off her chest. Heheh. The fights and making up with Kabakura were pretty funny too. But at the same time highlighted Hanako's insecurities about their relationship and allowed Kabakura to show his true feelings for her.
May 4, 2018 10:08 AM

Feb 2016
Kimurah said:
HereticHunter said:

And you're minimizing the problem at hand by being such a conformist. Nice damage control there mate.

Just because a show doesn't demand high quality animation due to it's genre and theme, doesn't mean it should be handed so poorly. That's just being lazy. Hope you don't apply that same ideology at work.

No, I'm not minimizing the problem, I'm not saying its great, its just not that bad as you both say. Honestly, I've seen worst cases of animation and this isn't something worth the rant. Yes, it could have been handled better, normally these problems are polished on blu-ray release, now, if that doesn't happen you can rant about it forever if you want.

I'm perplexed at you complaining about animation, yet you rate Crybaby a 9 despite it having a very lazy and ugly animation style.
~Blackwall
May 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Feb 2017
dang it!
I love childhood friend route so much! I didn't expect Id find it aside from yaoi anime
May 4, 2018 11:57 AM

Dec 2014
that a little intense episode... kinda hit hard at home
May 4, 2018 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
Kimurah said:

Crocospect22 said:

We're not talking about perfection. We're talking about quality control. Have quality across all the episodes. Imagine if a car factory had that idoelogy "we're not aiming for perfection nor quality control, were just aiming for mass production"

but it's not even "bad" that's the problem here lol, i mean c'mon if this small thing bother you so much i think you haven't seen worse or you'll be disappointed because most anime are using same ideology, yes animation is important but that's the most important thing after the story, characterization and visualization, for example one piece animation is not that smooth but many people love the anime because the characters and story so people mostly ignore it, this anime is good enough in all aspects imo, back again because they all are not that "bad", it's just normal, we all not that expert so not everyone are kinda love to criticizing about about small things as long they enjoy it, because you can't expect all the budget goes to one episode only, also quality control doesn't mean it only focuses on how the animator works but also about the money (back again to the budget), if you distribute more money to them then it's another thing..
Also i saw your profile and you give many high ratings to some anime with bad animation or same problem like this meanwhile you rated this anime average, so my conclusion is you just dislike this anime and maybe you can drop it pal, cheers...
May 4, 2018 1:41 PM

Sep 2017
Nifuji's smile made this whole episode ten times better <3
I loved seeing more about Koyanagi as well, it only makes sense that she has some self-esteem issues after all that constant name-calling. I'm glad they made up in the end! Overall this was a great episode to watch.
May 4, 2018 3:17 PM

Jan 2012
I love this anime so freaking much, all the references are super relatable and each episode is very entertaining!
憧れ
May 4, 2018 5:06 PM

Jul 2009
Kimurah said:

As much as I'd love to have excellent animation all the time and hate seeing anything in cgi (like seriously death to CGI!) I think it wrong to call them lazy. The animation industry is brutal. They aren't paid well and are expected to dish out high quality work? I'd rather they cut corners at points that aren't that significant if it means meeting a deadline and going home to get some rest. Animators are human.

I appreciate the fact anime even still exists with such an unfair industry.

For what it's worth, you might think it's lazy or cutting corners but I think it's fine given the genre. High quality work can be dished out in the BluRays--things people actually pay for.
May 4, 2018 5:29 PM

Nov 2011
Wow A Macross reference! lol so that's the kind of girl Kabakura likes. Seems like Kabakura and Hirotaka should have switched girlfriends but hell I like how they each pair with each other.

"These tits are amazing!" LULZ!

INEXCUSABLE!

Kimurah said:
Tell your girlfriend that you like her because of her boobs.

State that you could get any other girl with even bigger boobs.

End your speech by calling her old hag and see her fall into your arms.

Profit?

That's some great comedy writing you guys got there. Ha ha. (yeah it was all sarcasm for those who didn't catch early on)

When you're in a relationship for almost 10 years I feel as though you can make these kinds of jokes. This seemed more real then just Kabakura apologizing to her.
SoraSenpaiMay 4, 2018 5:34 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 4, 2018 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
he smiles!
cutie *.*
May 4, 2018 6:38 PM
May 2017
Cannot vote 6 out of 5!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
May 4, 2018 6:41 PM

Dec 2016
SoraSenpai said:

When you're in a relationship for almost 10 years I feel as though you can make these kinds of jokes. This seemed more real then just Kabakura apologizing to her.

Have you actually been in a long relationship like that were both verbally abuse each other? NO, I don't think so. You can't call that real if you haven't seen it first or second hand

A very close couple of relatives married for more than 20 years almost went thru a separation because of a very similar situation. The one at fault actually "apologized" in the end and both talked it. Things like that fester in real life. You can't call it real when stupid farfetch based on cliche anime shows these kind of fallacies
KimurahMay 4, 2018 7:24 PM
May 4, 2018 6:51 PM

Dec 2016
Crocospect22 said:
Kimurah said:

but it's not even "bad" that's the problem here lol, i mean c'mon if this small thing bother you so much i think you haven't seen worse or you'll be disappointed because most anime are using same ideology, yes animation is important but that's the most important thing after the story, characterization and visualization, for example one piece animation is not that smooth but many people love the anime because the characters and story so people mostly ignore it, this anime is good enough in all aspects imo, back again because they all are not that "bad", it's just normal, we all not that expert so not everyone are kinda love to criticizing about about small things as long they enjoy it, because you can't expect all the budget goes to one episode only, also quality control doesn't mean it only focuses on how the animator works but also about the money (back again to the budget), if you distribute more money to them then it's another thing..
Also i saw your profile and you give many high ratings to some anime with bad animation or same problem like this meanwhile you rated this anime average, so my conclusion is you just dislike this anime and maybe you can drop it pal, cheers...

I don't give ratings IN this site based entirely in objective criticism. I tend to add points just to help raise the score on shows with poor viewership. The scores I use mean nothing to me nor talk about my objective criticism.

And yes I've seen shows with worse quality in animation and also in writing and in characters. That means nothing when it comes to point out the flaws on other shows. example: Clione no Akari, both the animation, and artstyle were pretty poor, and the story made no sense, specially in the end. Despite it being poor in all aspects, I did enjoy it. But I'm not going to say it was a good watch and ignore it's shortcomings.

You're also factually wrong about budget. Most of the time animation flaws aren't a matter of money, but a matter of talent. Some artworks are harder to pull out than others. Like the CGI bears from Golden kamui, it was a direction choice because it was imposible for the animators of the fresh Genos studios to draw and animate an animal as big as a bear.
KimurahMay 4, 2018 7:28 PM
May 4, 2018 7:20 PM

Dec 2016
HereticHunter said:

No, Violet Evergarden animation is not good either, it might look pretty but that's all, no substance, no feeling, no nothing. Its there just to show off.

I believe Trigger is the one in charge of the animation in FranXX if I'm not mistaken. >>> expecting good animation from A1 in 2018... lol

Still no matter how bad these scenes are, is not like they represent something significant. As I said before, if I would expect animation to be good, it would be on a special moment, not on a random moment that doesn't require it. Why you might ask? Violet Evergarden is the example of that, they focused on doing everything pretty but lacks substance and is completely meaningless. In my book, animation should deliver feelings to the viewer through the screen when it comes to special moments. I would totally not expect an animation overflow over the most insignificant thing in an anime, is completely pointless.

Now obviously, if an anime gets derpy on animation that's a totally different subject. Here it doesn't look great, but not that bad, its just average, nothing to complain there as nothing worthy of great visuals is happening.

It's funny that the other guy called dziabara an elitist. But you're actually THE TRUE ELITIST in here. You like to pull out the card of Substance over Style just because a show got pretty popular on it's Style. But the funny thing is that despite having truly great artsyle and true animation (not the flapping mouths that look like big rectangles in wotakoi) Violet Evergarden also had plenty of substance.

It was a different kind of anthology of stories about how messy and convoluted human communication generally is. Violet Evergarden had all these short stories that revolved around Violet and created a new persona of hers during more than half of the series and delivering an emotional payoff at the end by giving Violet a reason to live and exists wich was one of the many resonating subjects.

You really have to be completely blind or a total troll to deny the quality in animation and the way these short stories deliver their poignant messages.

HereticHunter said:

No, I'm not minimizing the problem, I'm not saying its great, its just not that bad as you both say. Honestly, I've seen worst cases of animation and this isn't something worth the rant. Yes, it could have been handled better, normally these problems are polished on blu-ray release, now, if that doesn't happen you can rant about it forever if you want.

I'm perplexed at you complaining about animation, yet you rate Crybaby a 9 despite it having a very lazy and ugly animation style.

You obviously have no idea what the word minimize means. You're making a noticeable problem look minimal by comparing it with a bigger problem in some other example. That's what minimize means and that's what you're doing.

And of course, as tradition in this site, you keep using the strawman defense by pulling out numbers that mean nothing to me on shows that I gave a score just to keep tabs on what I've watched, instead of actually attacking the points that I bring to the table.

Also you're an ignorant by calling lazy the incredible hardwork that was invested in Devilman or for the matter any other Yuasa's works. His "style" might come as ugly or minimalistic, but it's an artistic choice, not a flaw. Yuasa's kinetic animation style is his signature, and frankly no on else could pull that amount of fluid movement in his animation using a more complex or polished style.
May 4, 2018 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
this is getting better and better by the episode
May 4, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2015
Animation took a step down this episode. Really noticeable, We get more focus on the 2nd pair. I'm wondering who confessed first :o I'm guessing they both confessed at the same time
May 4, 2018 10:25 PM
Mar 2012
Lol Narumi, crying to cartoons is ok.
Poi poi! Kabakura good taste. Even tho Hanako's green haired, leave Ranka Lee out of this lol. So he wants green, small & flat? But sometimes compromise is the only way.
Nifuji finally smiled.
May 4, 2018 11:03 PM
Mar 2017
Inugirlz said:
Kimurah said:

As much as I'd love to have excellent animation all the time and hate seeing anything in cgi (like seriously death to CGI!) I think it wrong to call them lazy. The animation industry is brutal. They aren't paid well and are expected to dish out high quality work? I'd rather they cut corners at points that aren't that significant if it means meeting a deadline and going home to get some rest. Animators are human.

For what it's worth, you might think it's lazy or cutting corners but I think it's fine given the genre. High quality work can be dished out in the BluRays--things people actually pay for.

Death to CGI?
I change this statement after I watch Houseki no Kuni. The show is so good, I forget it's CGI
May 5, 2018 12:59 AM

Jan 2017
i cried when hana chan was talking abbout her feelings
when hana chan cried i cried even more
:C

I aLwaAyS CrY On K-DraMAs ANd ANiMe
PerfectlY norMAl
May 5, 2018 3:20 AM

Feb 2018
Well I like the characters and the story, but does anyone else have a feeling that it is a bit awkwardly directed? Lack of music was pretty noticeable, and scenes in the first half of the episode really dragged on, and just felt a little weird.
May 5, 2018 6:37 AM

Jul 2009
comedylover said:
Inugirlz said:

Death to CGI?
I change this statement after I watch Houseki no Kuni. The show is so good, I forget it's CGI

That is kinda true. I appreciated the CGI I Houseki and wouldn’t have it any other way. I also got used to the CGI in Ajin but if it never existed I’d probably still be fine. I especially can’t stand seeing it in random scenes of an anime that isn’t fully CGI.

Tl;dr Houseki no Kuni is the only true exception!
May 5, 2018 7:40 AM

Oct 2008
Seems like Kabakura & Koyanagi fight and make-up is just normal routine for them when they're drunk!
lol it's fun to see the main couple flirt in a nerd way!
no matter how rigged manly you are, just a few cosplay and a bit of photoshop editing, you could still gorgeous! lolz!
4/5.

May 5, 2018 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
Kimurah said:
HereticHunter said:

It's funny that the other guy called dziabara an elitist. But you're actually THE TRUE ELITIST in here. You like to pull out the card of Substance over Style just because a show got pretty popular on it's Style. But the funny thing is that despite having truly great artsyle and true animation (not the flapping mouths that look like big rectangles in wotakoi) Violet Evergarden also had plenty of substance.

It was a different kind of anthology of stories about how messy and convoluted human communication generally is. Violet Evergarden had all these short stories that revolved around Violet and created a new persona of hers during more than half of the series and delivering an emotional payoff at the end by giving Violet a reason to live and exists wich was one of the many resonating subjects.

You really have to be completely blind or a total troll to deny the quality in animation and the way these short stories deliver their poignant messages.

HereticHunter said:

You obviously have no idea what the word minimize means. You're making a noticeable problem look minimal by comparing it with a bigger problem in some other example. That's what minimize means and that's what you're doing.

And of course, as tradition in this site, you keep using the strawman defense by pulling out numbers that mean nothing to me on shows that I gave a score just to keep tabs on what I've watched, instead of actually attacking the points that I bring to the table.

Also you're an ignorant by calling lazy the incredible hardwork that was invested in Devilman or for the matter any other Yuasa's works. His "style" might come as ugly or minimalistic, but it's an artistic choice, not a flaw. Yuasa's kinetic animation style is his signature, and frankly no on else could pull that amount of fluid movement in his animation using a more complex or polished style.

Lmao, I'm not an elitist, Violet Evergarden wasn't that great honestly. If I had to make a list of its flaws I would do it, but I won't because that would be pointless. I was on the hype train before it even aired and I can't help but be disappointed at it. Yes, the Animation is top tier, but that's not enough.

And maybe Crybaby wasn't the best example.

We totally drove out of the main point here, I'll keep my point of being an unnecessary complain of something that isn't such a big deal specially when Inugirlz supports (in a way) my POV.
CrimsonWandererMay 5, 2018 7:50 AM
~Blackwall
May 5, 2018 8:13 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I cannot believe Kabakura would prefer a boring loli like Ranka over the fine woman he has the pleasure to hold at will. Wrong priorities my friend.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2018 10:34 AM
Jul 2017
I did tear up a bit at the scene where Kabakura (don't) "comforts" Koyanagi .. mostly bcuz I knew a person who sometimes treated me like that, and this was very sad. at the time I thought less of myself
I was hoping he would say something encouraging =/
but anyway, their relationship is 10 years, maybe in the next episodes we can better understand how they express themselves and understand each other.
do me a kabe-don
May 5, 2018 1:38 PM

Mar 2009
Honestly? Kabakura is kind of a dick. Not sure what Hanako sees in him. She deserves better. Let's hope he doesn't treat her like that all the time.
May 5, 2018 2:18 PM

Dec 2013
Glad I wasn't the only person to get that Macross reference.
May 5, 2018 2:18 PM

Dec 2013
Glad I wasn't the only person to get that Macross reference.
May 5, 2018 2:34 PM
May 2015
I really waited for this ep based on the manga.
I like the emotional fight between them so happy now!
May 5, 2018 3:14 PM
Aug 2012
It smiles!!! Be afraid, be very afraid! The end is nigh!
May 5, 2018 3:32 PM

Dec 2013
This series has been such a huge surprise - one of the few that's really hooked me in recent memory. An adult office romcom that actually works.

Mormegil said:
Honestly? Kabakura is kind of a dick. Not sure what Hanako sees in him. She deserves better. Let's hope he doesn't treat her like that all the time.

Yeah I was hoping for a redemption there at the end of ep4. It's coming though so I'm not too worried.
May 5, 2018 4:16 PM

Nov 2011
Kimurah said:
SoraSenpai said:

Have you actually been in a long relationship like that were both verbally abuse each other? NO, I don't think so. You can't call that real if you haven't seen it first or second hand

A very close couple of relatives married for more than 20 years almost went thru a separation because of a very similar situation. The one at fault actually "apologized" in the end and both talked it. Things like that fester in real life. You can't call it real when stupid farfetch based on cliche anime shows these kind of fallacies

Aww man you clearly know so much about me, can you write my biography please?

That sucks for the married couple but were they arguing over something "stupid" such as an anime character or sports team?

These are minor arguments that a couple are having over fictional characters.

Hanako showed more human emotions after alcohol and finally let out her emotions that she's scared that Kabakura would leave her. I feel like thats most females logic when it comes to their boyfriends even when their boyfriends say "Ill be with you forever" "I love you" etc etc.

Kabakura embracing her at the end was enough of an apology.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

May 5, 2018 6:42 PM

Dec 2016
God this show is great lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 5, 2018 6:45 PM

Feb 2013
Mormegil said:
he might look like a dick with his words there but actually he does a sweet things. He said that he can find better girls than hanako but did he do that? No. After hanako look at his eyes, she understand it very well that all of that was just her insecurity. Kabakura even said to her that he's listening to her which i think it give her more comfort than the hug does.
May 5, 2018 11:45 PM

Nov 2010
Aww that smile at the end, these couples are so cute, seems like they each have their own problems, but they still love each other through them anyway!

"I've always wanted to be short and cute."
"Everything not saved will be lost."

大好きだよ。
May 6, 2018 3:24 AM

Jun 2013
Kimurah said:
HereticHunter said:

And what special moments have we had in the past 3 episodes that actually showed quality animation? Only The pilot had a good quality control in all of it's scenes. Episodes 2,3 & 4 look like they were outsourced for most of their parts.

Crocospect22 said:

Please go watch Marchen Madchen epsiode 9 for me and then we can talk about what "bad" animation/art is..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.