Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 29, 2018 12:57 AM

Jan 2014
It's so hard to over-look the transphobia in Steins;Gate. This new season already let me down. They need to stop the whole "she's a dude" joke with my GIRL, Ruka. 🙃
Apr 29, 2018 2:04 AM

May 2015
Mayuri x Okabe relationship is the best in this entire anime. I really love them, and I really mean friendship, hope it will stay that way. But strangely their friendship feels stronger and much closer than any romantic one Okabe can have with Kurisu.
Apr 29, 2018 4:20 AM

May 2010
Ugh, it's really hard to see Okarin being all deluded by Amadeus :( You need to get over it, Mayushii is right by your side, dammit!

Anyway, Leskinen's accent is even more hilarious in the anime, with all these awkward faces he keeps making xD Amazing. The whole party was super fun to watch, especially Nao x Maho cosplays :3 I missed these guys having fun soooo much!

Jotakak said:
It's so hard to over-look the transphobia in Steins;Gate. This new season already let me down. They need to stop the whole "she's a dude" joke with my GIRL, Ruka. 🙃

Ruka identifies as guy though :x
Apr 29, 2018 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
Ok, if anyone can explain to me without spoiling much,

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Apr 29, 2018 6:56 AM

May 2016
Infatuate said:

Uuh, no. This is the Beta world line. Nothing from the Alpha world line happened here. Meaning Mayuri is not fated to die, and Mr.Braun and Moeka didn't die either.
HyperLApr 29, 2018 6:59 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 29, 2018 7:10 AM

Apr 2018
Ok guys are you ready for episode 4 and when i say episode 4 i say
AktisuApr 29, 2018 7:17 AM
Apr 29, 2018 8:23 AM

Dec 2012
HyperL said:
Infatuate said:

Uuh, no. This is the Beta world line. Nothing from the Alpha world line happened here. Meaning Mayuri is not fated to die, and Mr.Braun and Moeka didn't die either.

Apr 29, 2018 9:09 AM

May 2016
Infatuate said:
HyperL said:

What? No. All those things happened in the world Kurisu was alive.
Did you forget how the story happens?
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 29, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2012
Unpopular opinion - I'm not a big fan of AI Kurisu.
I have no idea where the story will go and I can just judge these 3 episodes, but so far it feels like the writer wanted to come up with something new besides the time travel and decided to throw in the Amadeus system. I don't want a whole season about this instead of exploring the time travel more. I guess in the end it'll have something to do with making time machines work, but I'm just not feeling that part of the story :/
Please don't kill me for that opinion. It's just how I feel about it and it's only been 3 episodes.
Apr 29, 2018 10:17 AM
Jul 2018
I assume this would happen he is getting to close with Amadeus this was inevitable Ookabe sorrow is hard.

Juicy karage number one! One! Oh god yes!
The return of daga otoka da, that's pure gold.

Cannot wait for next wednesday...
Apr 29, 2018 10:52 AM

May 2009
The Okabe realisation at the end hit me hard. It's so easy to just focus on something so beautiful, but end up forgetting reality. So. Relatable.

Great ep as always. Steins;Gate never lets me down. I can't wait to watch more!
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 29, 2018 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
When Kurisu mentioned the "My Fork and My Spoon"....
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Apr 29, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 2012
HyperL said:
Infatuate said:

What? No. All those things happened in the world Kurisu was alive.
Did you forget how the story happens?

Ah yeah, I did forget how did they have to undo all that shiz.

It's been maybe more than 5 years since I watched it lol

Apr 29, 2018 1:44 PM

May 2015
Mayushii in Santa outfit. Now I can die is peace.

Also watching Okabe breakdown is so hard to my heart. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 29, 2018 2:38 PM

Mar 2017
I like this episode too but I feel like they shortened a bit too much the scenes here, it looks like a best-off of the jokes and references of the corresponding vn part x)

Rintaro was supposed to invit Maho with the advice of Amadeus if I remember well o_o (and Leskens tagged along)

I'm really glad that they added more Mayuri scenes, it's going to help understanding her route x) Be brave Mayuri !

Nice rework of the relationship scenes between Amadeus and Rintaro, it seems more natural :)

Haibara said:
I have no idea where the story will go and I can just judge these 3 episodes, but so far it feels like the writer wanted to come up with something new besides the time travel and decided to throw in the Amadeus system. I don't want a whole season about this instead of exploring the time travel more. I guess in the end it'll have something to do with making time machines work, but I'm just not feeling that part of the story :/
Please don't kill me for that opinion. It's just how I feel about it and it's only been 3 episodes.

Don't worry, the time travel part remains a big part of the story
(I thought about telling more but it would spoil you >_< )
EsteronaApr 29, 2018 2:44 PM
L・Ψ・≅
Apr 29, 2018 2:44 PM
Mar 2015
Haibara said:

Dont worry, time travel is still in the story... its just like it seems that the anime version they are going to the plot more later than the vn... in the vn two plot twist happened in this episode and here no so i think these are coming later
Apr 29, 2018 5:37 PM

Jan 2012
Haibara said:

The maintheme is still timetravel. So dont worry about it focusing too much on Amadeus. Its rather different than you expect it being a theme.
Apr 29, 2018 6:08 PM
Apr 2018
ten said:
Mayuri x Okabe relationship is the best in this entire anime. I really love them, and I really mean friendship, hope it will stay that way. But strangely their friendship feels stronger and much closer than any romantic one Okabe can have with Kurisu.

Their relationships (M x O) are all-inclusive, almost all. But indeed friendship makes it outstandingly deep and unfathomable, far stronger than any romance itself. Mayuri is not only cute and amazing, she's brave and faithful, she's ever right by his side and will definitely help Okabe to find the way out of the dark. SG0 mirrors SG: Altair firstly saved Vega, so it's the time for Arc Light to save Altair and cross the Milky Way together. This additional dimension of Orihime&Hikoboshi makes the story kinda cosmogonic and philosophical.This mysterious profundity japanese call 幽玄 (yuugen).
Apr 29, 2018 7:59 PM
Jan 2016
this episode in a nutshell:

PARTY?! For Rintarou? Horah! He has Kurisu too!
But She's an AI.
Apr 29, 2018 10:54 PM
Jun 2017
The real highlight of today's episode is when Mayuri hear that Okabe is talking to someone (Makise or Christina) on the phone. mAyuri sure is sad knowing that Okabe likes other already...

And here comes Maho who have interrupted the conversation of Makise and Okabe. Well she just reminded him that the real her is dead already, and its just an AI... How sad for him as he has able to enjoy again since he is seeing that AI MAkise as like a real her.

IM SO EXCITED FOR NEXT EPISODE!!!
Apr 30, 2018 2:25 AM
Nov 2016
tarboa said:
Wonder if the ending has something to do with "reading steiner".
Can he be jumping through the lines subconsciously?
Even though 10/10 for the episode,feels like calm before the storm.

I think it's the past trauma of the 3 weeks of time traveling catching up with him. The mention of Makise's death made him remember everything he tried to forget up until now
May 1, 2018 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
If I had to guess I'd go with this theory (didn't read VN so it's just guessing).

Rintaro refuses to work on time machine, that's established.
Kurise is AI that reminds him of past.
Events from this episode, especially the ending, break him, and he begins working on time machine again, in hopes of pulling Flash and fucking up a timeline.

This could all be COMPLETELY wrong, and if original series is anything to base my opinion on, there will be 50 turns and twists in the meantime.

And I'll be there to enjoy the ride.
May 1, 2018 7:51 AM

Jan 2016
Much weaker episode for sure, still the ending definitely was enticing but something I feel like was easy to see coming given the whole direction of the episode.
Reallllly curious as to see how Okabe's relationship with Mayuri and Maho develops and how his own mental state holds up with the shenanigans I know are going to come.
ParthosticSep 24, 2019 6:07 AM
May 2, 2018 7:08 AM
Apr 2018
Przem700 said:
tarboa said:
Wonder if the ending has something to do with "reading steiner".
Can he be jumping through the lines subconsciously?
Even though 10/10 for the episode,feels like calm before the storm.

I think it's the past trauma of the 3 weeks of time traveling catching up with him. The mention of Makise's death made him remember everything he tried to forget up until now

Well that for sure seem more probable than my theory.
May 6, 2018 3:56 AM

Jul 2016
It is ok.

Does not have the hold or pull factor of the first series.
May 7, 2018 4:50 AM
Jul 2017
nina4life said:
If I had to guess I'd go with this theory (didn't read VN so it's just guessing).

Rintaro refuses to work on time machine, that's established.
Kurise is AI that reminds him of past.
Events from this episode, especially the ending, break him, and he begins working on time machine again, in hopes of pulling Flash and fucking up a timeline.

This could all be COMPLETELY wrong, and if original series is anything to base my opinion on, there will be 50 turns and twists in the meantime.

And I'll be there to enjoy the ride.

Well, the only thing that is wrong is that the time machine is ready on top of the radio building. No need for him to work on time machine again for kurisu.
May 7, 2018 10:56 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first minutes of the episode that Mayuri is not a fool girl, she is very insightful!!!
Okabe is confusing the "virtual ID" with the reality, and this actions could come a new way for this series!!!!
May 17, 2018 9:32 AM

Feb 2016
I really liked how they portrayed the flashbacks here. It's interesting to note Kurisu and Mayuri don't appear in them. By that moment Okabe has already accepted the new world and his obsession with Amadeus gave him the missing parts he needed to delude himself into thinking that Kurisu might still be alive just like before, and Mayuri is right besides his shoulder. Just then, Maho immediately crashes his illusion by reminding him of the word "dead" and what exactly it means. Okabe lied to himself about these two persons, but he forgot how many more people died because of his actions and mistakes he did trying to save both Mayuri and Kurisu. Reminiscing their fate again really hit him hard.

That moment was taken from the novels and is completely superior to what the VN provided in this context, and acts as a very memorable story split. Really like these changes.
May 17, 2018 1:31 PM

Dec 2017
Okabe getting comfortable with speaking to Kurisu was a very heart warming thing to witness, seeing Okabe coming back to reality realizing that is not the real Kurisu and his reaction get me really excited for what happens next!
May 21, 2018 4:35 AM

Jul 2015
but he's a dude. i also what implications will be after mayuri overheard okabe's conversation with Kurisu
May 21, 2018 11:59 AM

Mar 2018
Yup, he's going crazy.

That American's reaction tho.
Aug 20, 2018 5:17 AM

Aug 2017
Alexis is weird. I don't trust him. Maho is cute.

Amadeus/Kurisu is funny lol.

I like that Maho makes Okabe remember that he is talking to an AI.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2018 4:55 AM

May 2012
Damn this development is hars for Okabe! Pretty great episode though, but so much scars are being opened up again.

Really interesting development in general and I do wonder what will happen next. The Xmas party sure looks fun! Let's see what's next.
Oct 29, 2018 4:14 PM
Oct 2018
Whoa whoa, that ending... Okabe is going crazy or he is shifting world lines? :0
Nov 30, 2018 12:28 AM

Mar 2017
Okabe has PTSD I’m assuming?
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 25, 2018 12:51 PM

Mar 2016
Is it a coincidence that I'm literally watching this in Christmas of 2018?

The American scientist dude is pretty cool! He sure knows how to party and get along with the cosplayers. That includes Ruka which he apparently called sexy! XD But he's a guy...

Suzuha badass moment there! I wonder how she keeps her pistol maintained and kept concealed on her breast when she moves like that.

Goddamn, Okabe got a loud ass phone speaker! They could hear his conversation with Kurisu, Amadeus! And finally, Okabe got the flashback he doesn't want just as he was starting to open up to Kurisu Amadeus.
Jan 10, 2019 8:58 AM

Jan 2015
Lol that was fun. I wonder what will happen. I don't rememevr though what happened last 2 episodes because I caught this after 10 months.
Feb 23, 2019 1:06 AM

Jun 2012
>"But he's a man."
>world falls apart as SG S1 ED plays.

Mar 17, 2019 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Even Amadeus Kurisu knows what she wouldve said if Okabe called her Christina.
Poor Okabe going into shock after realizing that Kurisu is in fact dead (making him remember the times they had together) - Did he change world lines?

"But he's a dude" - Oh how I've missed that :D
Jun 19, 2019 6:36 AM

Feb 2019
I feel sorry for Rintarou :( He just wants Kurisu back, back all he has is an AI.

My heart broke when he remembered everything from the original anime :((
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 2, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2018
Ruka is cute but he's a guy. Kurisutina is here but she's an AI.

Yuki should've suspecting Suzuha anytime soon.

I'm expecting the same twist from the main series, therefore my guess would be that professor or Maho is evil, at least on Okabe's perspective.
Kish0Jul 2, 2019 8:55 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Dec 2010
I wonder if there was any reason in cramming Leskinen and Maho at the Christmas party, other than allowing Maho to snap Okabe out of it.
Aug 12, 2019 2:04 AM

Mar 2015
Things are starting to pick up! S;G always giving the best cliffhangers
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 10, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
Looks like Okarin is slowly getting deluded bringing some heavy memories of his time leaping

I wonder who that little girl was with Suzuha in her flashback

Sep 14, 2019 9:30 AM
Dec 2017
Everything getting so Perfect and still touchy as fuck. Love this anime not just episode. Makise is becoming more like her real self. Damn 😲
Sep 14, 2019 11:24 AM
Apr 2018
All I will say:
In this whole existance and all infinite timelines not even a single one will make better anime than this one.
Would watch it till my last breath if there would be more.
I'm rating it the top anime of all times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 8, 2020 5:32 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I caught GochiUsa and Love Live! The School Idol Movie at the beginning.

Just in case you cannot tell...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2020 11:39 PM

Nov 2015
ChartTopper60 said:

WOW! How do you figure that out? Even with the reference I'm still having a hard time identifying it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 24, 2020 12:00 AM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
AX3M said:
ChartTopper60 said:

WOW! How do you figure that out? Even with the reference I'm still having a hard time identifying it.

I can recognize Love Live! from a mile away. That's up for you to decide whether that's good or bad.

Here, I took the same Love Live! image at the right, used an Oil Painting filter on it, and changed the amount of colors (low saturation + warmth) + downsized it. Can you tell now?

Above the girls are a picture of the main GochiUsa characters.
ChartTopper60Jul 24, 2020 12:03 AM
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.