Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 20, 2018 12:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Uchiha_Shadow said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

You can see the sales of highest-selling anime here: http://www.someanithing.com/2581

Holy shit why is HxH 2011 so terrible on there? Like I knew it wasn't that great in sales but that is way too low.
BD/DVD sales are low, but at least its TV ratings are high. It had a morning timeslot like Dragon Ball and One Piece, so it's TV ratings must've been top-tier.
Mar 20, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

Alright fine, so let's say that they couldn't support the business schedule I spoke of as opposed to yours, which would make more sense from that perspective. I still believe they could have gone about it a smarter way. I understand that Gintama now has limited resources now more than ever, but the rushing and lack of communication are still evident. Gintama. was a rushed production, Gintama.: Porori Hen didn't need to exist, and they could have talked to Sorachi to better anticipate when best to release another season. It seems the most that they could produce is two cours at most, with the budget they have, but if they subtracted the amount it cost for them to make Porori-hen and put it towards a 2 cour adaptation of the final ark when both the anime and manga was ready, then perhaps finishing up whatever was left afterwards at a later time, then everything could have gone much more smoothly, even if it wasn't a 51 episode cour. There are plenty of other multi-media franchises that have smarter approaches, just look at the juggernauts of idol anime, Love Live!, run by Sunrise themselves. It didn't need another cour every other season, and though Gintama is debatably less popular (it still the most popular its been in a long time), if only it took smarter steps to keep itself relevant, then this problem wouldn't have happened. Honestly, I don't know how Japanese fans are reacting to all of this split season adaptations, these decisions could be like Heaven on Earth to them for all I know, but what I do know is that this is getting annoying and I am frustrated with them myself. I believe that was the point I was trying to make, wasn't it? That said, I know a lot of people are getting sick of it too, both inside and outside of the western fanbase, and the last thing we need is for all of this to get dragged out until it loses its impact altogether.
Gintama. wasn't truly a rushed production, and the studio and producers were satisfied with the end results. Idk where people get the idea that it's a rushed production, only because of it outsourcing some stuff. It's anime adaptation was announced 4 months prior to its airing and it's been in production soon after it's Hinamatsuri event in 2016. They probably started production 4-5 months prior to it airing, which is a good amount of time. They had to outsource because its a difficult production. There were many fights to animate, more than Gintama has ever done for a cour. For a 12 episode arc where 9 of the episodes are heavy on action, they only managed to mess-up the 11th episode, and they didn't even mess-up the entirety of the episode either. Everything else looked solid tbh. There's a couple of still frames here and there, but it's considerably less than the current season. MAL doesn't indicate how much people like or dislike Gintama.: Porori-hen. In Japan, the buzz around Porori-hen prior to its broadcast was huge. Fans weren't expecting BNP to animate the skipped manga chapters, and some of these arcs were really loved by Japanese readers, particularly the Guardian Spirits arc and the HDZ48 arc. Saying Porori-hen didn't need to exist is a bold claim, since it's pretty well liked in Japan. And personally, It's my fifth favorite Gintama season out of seven (beating the original series and Gintama'). Also, keep in mind that the final arc has the potential of going on for the entire year now, so the final arc will certainly need a 3-cour adaptation. You're stating that they had the budget for 2-cour, but that still wouldn't be enough. And really, it's more like they had the budget for 1.5 cour. Porori-hen's production value was intentionally low. They needed to air the final arc by 2018, but the studio really wanted to adapt the skipped chapters too. No one in Japan was surprised by Porori-hen's lack of production values, considering it's an adaptation of skipped comedy arcs, and it's a season that lacks in action. Even then, there were some impressive cuts from the season.

The lack of communication is a thing, and it's been a thing since the second Gintama movie. Not sure if you know this, but Enchousen wasn't really supposed to be a thing. The old Gintama season used to get 4-5% TV ratings, which are extremely high. But Gintama' dropped to below 2%. Because of this, Sunrise decided to make the second movie as a finale since they didn't want to continue the anime anymore. Sorachi was supposed to write the movie scenario, but he took way to long and he finished the script almost half a year later than he's supposed to. Because of this, Sunrise had to create Enchousen to keep the Gintama anime relevant before the movie comes out. Enchousen was a true rushed production, and that's why out of the 23 episodes broadcasted, only 13 of them were new episodes and the rest of it was reruns. This whole issue made Sunrise Division 5 (which is the division working on Gintama) a bit salty about Sorachi. Sorachi was payed a fixed fee for the script, but no royalty percentage of the movie's income once it was out. This made Sorachi salty, since the movie earned quite a lot, yet Sorachi really gets nothing from it. Ever since then, Sunrise Division 5 and Sorachi have been kinda distant. Neither of them ever mention one another from what I've heard. Sunrise Division 5 later on worked on a much more profitable series like Aikatsu, then got their name changed to BNP. The reason why they went back to the Gintama anime was probably because Bandai Namco wanted Gintama's merchandise sales to remain strong (since it's assumingly their 4th most profitable series in terms of merchandise sales). And Gintama's just as relevant as it was before. Merchandise sales are stronger (and it has to do with BNP's new, brighter, attractive art-style), and the TV ratings are higher (Gintama. had a rating of 2.53%, which is higher than Gintama' and it's subpar 2%). BD and DVD sales have been a little less than usual. But it might have something to do with the new Gintama Blu-ray box sets. Recently, they've been compiling lots of the older episodes into premium box sets. Because of this, a lot of consumers aren't buying the newer seasons and would rather buy the much more attractive box sets when they come out (They're like 40000+ yen each, but they come with 30-50 episodes each, rather than the usual 3-4 episode per volume priced from 5000-6500 yen).

I haven't seen a single person on any Japanese discussion websites complaining about the split-cour. But no one's praising it either. Japanese people are kinda indifferent about this and they only thing they care about is the anime just getting a complete adaptation. Although Bandai Namco Holdings has been rushing with the Gintama anime by producing multiple seasons while the live-action movies are happening, it's most likely that they want to intentionally drag out the anime's production now. The thing about most Bandai Namco stuff, whether it be Gundam, Love Live, Gintama, or Code Geass, they love their merchandise sales more than anything. By having continuous Gundam, Love Live and Gintama seasons, they're ensuring that the merchandises continue to sell. The drop in merch sales for Code Geass is what ultimately made them announce some recap movies and another season. Gundam doesn't need a season every year because it's so goddamn big in Japan. Love Live is sort of the same, but they might have an anime or movie happening every year to make sure Love Live stays above other idol anime. When it comes to merchandise sales, the only shounen that beats it is One Piece. To make sure Gintama's merch sales remain high. They'll need a lot of seasons. For example, Gintama's merch sales in 2014 were very low because of a lack of anime. But Bandai Namco's current plannings are making sure that Gintama, at the very least, maintains its popularity.

Sorry for the lengthy reply. I probably should've summarized it better :/

No, that made sense. Guess I just have different tastes than the Japanese audience and different intentions/ preconceptions from Bandai Namco.

As far as the lack of communication between Sorachi and the studio is concerned, I know that Sorachi gave his thoughts on how the film only paid him licensing fees a while ago, but I didn't realize how severe it was. This sounds like Sorachi added another part to the arc just to screw with anime's production, and though it probably doesn't sound very logical, I wouldn't necessarily put it past him.

When I called Rakuyo a rushed production, I was more referring to how I thought the pacing and tone-shifts felt lackluster compared to the other seasons. I am not saying that the animation was terrible, nor that the writing was bad, but I felt not much of the previous seasons' strengths were able to translate well into the Rakuyo adaptation, either due to it being rushed (at least that's what I assumed) or just handled by somebody without experience. As for Porori-hen, though I see not many people had high expectations for it, I personally didn't see much value in any of the arcs, and even worse, I didn't laugh after the third episode, and I got completely bored by the sixth. I am well aware that Gintama has always been a comedy, but the comedy arcs in that season just weren't that funny and it really did start to feel hollow and dull. The comedy scenes weren't paced well when they normally would get a laugh out of me, and criminally enough, the emotional moments weren't as poignant! I know this is matter of opinion, but even with low production values, by episode 20 of the original Gintama, I was laughing my ass off at every single joke the anime made, including the ones made in this current season; and I was also crying whenever an emotional moment came up. When I didn't cry when they revealed the father of the restaurant owner was the crazy old man in the background for the previous 200 episodes, I thought "Sorachi is a genius", but when I didn't feel compelled to feel emotional over it, like I would normally, I also realized that other than the low production values, there just wasn't enough competence in the production of it to be of much value on its own. Not sure if you cared, but that's why I think the Porori Arc didn't need to exist.
Mar 20, 2018 2:31 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Draconix814 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Gintama. wasn't truly a rushed production, and the studio and producers were satisfied with the end results. Idk where people get the idea that it's a rushed production, only because of it outsourcing some stuff. It's anime adaptation was announced 4 months prior to its airing and it's been in production soon after it's Hinamatsuri event in 2016. They probably started production 4-5 months prior to it airing, which is a good amount of time. They had to outsource because its a difficult production. There were many fights to animate, more than Gintama has ever done for a cour. For a 12 episode arc where 9 of the episodes are heavy on action, they only managed to mess-up the 11th episode, and they didn't even mess-up the entirety of the episode either. Everything else looked solid tbh. There's a couple of still frames here and there, but it's considerably less than the current season. MAL doesn't indicate how much people like or dislike Gintama.: Porori-hen. In Japan, the buzz around Porori-hen prior to its broadcast was huge. Fans weren't expecting BNP to animate the skipped manga chapters, and some of these arcs were really loved by Japanese readers, particularly the Guardian Spirits arc and the HDZ48 arc. Saying Porori-hen didn't need to exist is a bold claim, since it's pretty well liked in Japan. And personally, It's my fifth favorite Gintama season out of seven (beating the original series and Gintama'). Also, keep in mind that the final arc has the potential of going on for the entire year now, so the final arc will certainly need a 3-cour adaptation. You're stating that they had the budget for 2-cour, but that still wouldn't be enough. And really, it's more like they had the budget for 1.5 cour. Porori-hen's production value was intentionally low. They needed to air the final arc by 2018, but the studio really wanted to adapt the skipped chapters too. No one in Japan was surprised by Porori-hen's lack of production values, considering it's an adaptation of skipped comedy arcs, and it's a season that lacks in action. Even then, there were some impressive cuts from the season.

The lack of communication is a thing, and it's been a thing since the second Gintama movie. Not sure if you know this, but Enchousen wasn't really supposed to be a thing. The old Gintama season used to get 4-5% TV ratings, which are extremely high. But Gintama' dropped to below 2%. Because of this, Sunrise decided to make the second movie as a finale since they didn't want to continue the anime anymore. Sorachi was supposed to write the movie scenario, but he took way to long and he finished the script almost half a year later than he's supposed to. Because of this, Sunrise had to create Enchousen to keep the Gintama anime relevant before the movie comes out. Enchousen was a true rushed production, and that's why out of the 23 episodes broadcasted, only 13 of them were new episodes and the rest of it was reruns. This whole issue made Sunrise Division 5 (which is the division working on Gintama) a bit salty about Sorachi. Sorachi was payed a fixed fee for the script, but no royalty percentage of the movie's income once it was out. This made Sorachi salty, since the movie earned quite a lot, yet Sorachi really gets nothing from it. Ever since then, Sunrise Division 5 and Sorachi have been kinda distant. Neither of them ever mention one another from what I've heard. Sunrise Division 5 later on worked on a much more profitable series like Aikatsu, then got their name changed to BNP. The reason why they went back to the Gintama anime was probably because Bandai Namco wanted Gintama's merchandise sales to remain strong (since it's assumingly their 4th most profitable series in terms of merchandise sales). And Gintama's just as relevant as it was before. Merchandise sales are stronger (and it has to do with BNP's new, brighter, attractive art-style), and the TV ratings are higher (Gintama. had a rating of 2.53%, which is higher than Gintama' and it's subpar 2%). BD and DVD sales have been a little less than usual. But it might have something to do with the new Gintama Blu-ray box sets. Recently, they've been compiling lots of the older episodes into premium box sets. Because of this, a lot of consumers aren't buying the newer seasons and would rather buy the much more attractive box sets when they come out (They're like 40000+ yen each, but they come with 30-50 episodes each, rather than the usual 3-4 episode per volume priced from 5000-6500 yen).

I haven't seen a single person on any Japanese discussion websites complaining about the split-cour. But no one's praising it either. Japanese people are kinda indifferent about this and they only thing they care about is the anime just getting a complete adaptation. Although Bandai Namco Holdings has been rushing with the Gintama anime by producing multiple seasons while the live-action movies are happening, it's most likely that they want to intentionally drag out the anime's production now. The thing about most Bandai Namco stuff, whether it be Gundam, Love Live, Gintama, or Code Geass, they love their merchandise sales more than anything. By having continuous Gundam, Love Live and Gintama seasons, they're ensuring that the merchandises continue to sell. The drop in merch sales for Code Geass is what ultimately made them announce some recap movies and another season. Gundam doesn't need a season every year because it's so goddamn big in Japan. Love Live is sort of the same, but they might have an anime or movie happening every year to make sure Love Live stays above other idol anime. When it comes to merchandise sales, the only shounen that beats it is One Piece. To make sure Gintama's merch sales remain high. They'll need a lot of seasons. For example, Gintama's merch sales in 2014 were very low because of a lack of anime. But Bandai Namco's current plannings are making sure that Gintama, at the very least, maintains its popularity.

No, that made sense. Guess I just have different tastes than the Japanese audience and different intentions/ preconceptions from Bandai Namco.

As far as the lack of communication between Sorachi and the studio is concerned, I know that Sorachi gave his thoughts on how the film only paid him licensing fees a while ago, but I didn't realize how severe it was. This sounds like Sorachi added another part to the arc just to screw with anime's production, and though it probably doesn't sound very logical, I wouldn't necessarily put it past him.

When I called Rakuyo a rushed production, I was more referring to how I thought the pacing and tone-shifts felt lackluster compared to the other seasons. I am not saying that the animation was terrible, nor that the writing was bad, but I felt not much of the previous seasons' strengths were able to translate well into the Rakuyo adaptation, either due to it being rushed (at least that's what I assumed) or just handled by somebody without experience. As for Porori-hen, though I see not many people had high expectations for it, I personally didn't see much value in any of the arcs, and even worse, I didn't laugh after the third episode, and I got completely bored by the sixth. I am well aware that Gintama has always been a comedy, but the comedy arcs in that season just weren't that funny and it really did start to feel hollow and dull. The comedy scenes weren't paced well when they normally would get a laugh out of me, and criminally enough, the emotional moments weren't as poignant! I know this is matter of opinion, but even with low production values, by episode 20 of the original Gintama, I was laughing my ass off at every single joke the anime made, including the ones made in this current season; and I was also crying whenever an emotional moment came up. When I didn't cry when they revealed the father of the restaurant owner was the crazy old man in the background for the previous 200 episodes, I thought "Sorachi is a genius", but when I didn't feel compelled to feel emotional over it, like I would normally, I also realized that other than the low production values, there just wasn't enough competence in the production of it to be of much value on its own. Not sure if you cared, but that's why I think the Porori Arc didn't need to exist.
Rakuyo's pacing was sort-of fast I guess. It did have a higher chapter per episode rate than the previous arcs, but Rakuyou also has the most dialogue-less chapters in the series, so that type of pacing does make sense. A couple of dialogues were skipped here and there, but it's wasn't anything bad at all. The current season has a more inconsistent pacing that Rakuyou's. As for tonal shifts, it was a present issue in the manga. Sorachi tried his best, but he put comedic moments where they shouldn't have been. Like that whole Sakamoto spitting gag when they're surrounded by enemies, and whatnot. Even prior to the adaptation, there were some not-so positive responses for Rakuyou, mainly for its slower pace and plot progression. The Kamui fight went on for 5 chapters, but the anime made sure to get through that in an episode. Its comedic timing didn't bother me as much as there was so little comedy in the arc to begin with. It had some jokes that worked though, both in the manga and anime. But the jokes that didn't work in the anime also didn't work in the manga.

As for Porori-hen, I guess it's all about preferences. Guardian Spirits arc is one of my all time favorites, and its adaptation did justice. The Homeless arc wasn't particularly sad, but it's nice seeing minor characters get focus and development. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be sad, but rather heartfelt. The only episode I wasn't a fan of was the first episode of the HDZ48 arc. And it wasn't because the writing was bad, but rather that the episode completely depended on Japanese boy bands and Daisuke Shima. The only reference I got out of it was B'z. And even then, I enjoyed the HDZ48 arc in the anime much more than the manga.
Mar 20, 2018 3:28 PM

Sep 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

Rakuyo's pacing was sort-of fast I guess. It did have a higher chapter per episode rate than the previous arcs, but Rakuyou also has the most dialogue-less chapters in the series, so that type of pacing does make sense. A couple of dialogues were skipped here and there, but it's wasn't anything bad at all. The current season has a more inconsistent pacing that Rakuyou's. As for tonal shifts, it was a present issue in the manga. Sorachi tried his best, but he put comedic moments where they shouldn't have been. Like that whole Sakamoto spitting gag when they're surrounded by enemies, and whatnot. Even prior to the adaptation, there were some not-so positive responses for Rakuyou, mainly for its slower pace and plot progression. The Kamui fight went on for 5 chapters, but the anime made sure to get through that in an episode. Its comedic timing didn't bother me as much as there was so little comedy in the arc to begin with. It had some jokes that worked though, both in the manga and anime. But the jokes that didn't work in the anime also didn't work in the manga.

As for Porori-hen, I guess it's all about preferences. Guardian Spirits arc is one of my all time favorites, and its adaptation did justice. The Homeless arc wasn't particularly sad, but it's nice seeing minor characters get focus and development. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be sad, but rather heartfelt. The only episode I wasn't a fan of was the first episode of the HDZ48 arc. And it wasn't because the writing was bad, but rather that the episode completely depended on Japanese boy bands and Daisuke Shima. The only reference I got out of it was B'z. And even then, I enjoyed the HDZ48 arc in the anime much more than the manga.

Ah- my bad, I was redundant when I said "When I didn't cry... when I didn't feel compelled to feel emotional over it...", I didn't mean to imply that it was sad (because I forgot to take the crying part out), but I only felt a bit of heartwarming in the scene compared to others in the series.

But I see what you are saying, it's all about preference for Porori Arc. Rakuyo is the same way as it was in the manga (for the most part), but I'll have to disagree on the pacing being worse in this season. Though consistency doesn't necessarily correlate to better or worse, I think the pace of this season is much more organic, allowing the story much more time to breath and build on itself like the other classic Gintama arcs. If I had to put it into words, I would say that Rakuyo felt like a classic shounen arc with a Gintama spin, but this arc finally seems to bring the series back to its roots by pacing it like a Gintama arc that's referencing and commenting on other shonen arcs, and building on its plot and themes with those very jokes. I don't know about consistent, but I do have to say I prefer this way of writing over Rakuyo's any day, as it feels much more natural.
Mar 20, 2018 4:33 PM

Jul 2015
Draconix814 said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:

Ah- my bad, I was redundant when I said "When I didn't cry... when I didn't feel compelled to feel emotional over it...", I didn't mean to imply that it was sad (because I forgot to take the crying part out), but I only felt a bit of heartwarming in the scene compared to others in the series.

But I see what you are saying, it's all about preference for Porori Arc. Rakuyo is the same way as it was in the manga (for the most part), but I'll have to disagree on the pacing being worse in this season. Though consistency doesn't necessarily correlate to better or worse, I think the pace of this season is much more organic, allowing the story much more time to breath and build on itself like the other classic Gintama arcs. If I had to put it into words, I would say that Rakuyo felt like a classic shounen arc with a Gintama spin, but this arc finally seems to bring the series back to its roots by pacing it like a Gintama arc that's referencing and commenting on other shonen arcs, and building on its plot and themes with those very jokes. I don't know about consistent, but I do have to say I prefer this way of writing over Rakuyo's any day, as it feels much more natural.
I think he meant inconsistent pacing, in that episodes that didn't need to be 2 chapters and a half were(like episode 347), while episodes that didn't need to be 5 chapters were(like episode 349)

Like everything was adapted almost perfect besides 349 and 350(and I still don't understand since they could have just ended episode 353 on chapter 630, and you could have 1:non-cliffhanger ending to part 1 of this arc. 2: adapt 3 chapters in 349, 4 in 350, and 3 in 351...And don't need to cut big stuff out like the original 349 and 350 did. 3:make enough content for cour 2 to adapt chapter 631-669 in 13 Episodes then have cour 3 be 670-till the series ends whenever it does) and if they couldn't pace 349 and 350 because of Sorachis decision to extend the manga further...then they could have just cut out some of the gags from chapter 615, skip the recap, so that chapters 616-619 would have gotten breathing room, same thing for episode 350...they could have cut the gags and left the more serious stuff in(like Tsukyo and Kyuubi scenes, or some cuts from Jirocho flashback and words from that episode), either way silver soul has been inconsistent AF with pacing and production(having 1 key animator do Episode 348...then like 7 or more do Episode 349 lol)
Sup...
Apr 7, 2018 10:55 AM
Jan 2018
Does anyone know when this season will be aired ?
Apr 7, 2018 11:52 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
jillsanimelist said:
Does anyone know when this season will be aired ?
Probably either July 2nd or July 9th in Japan.
Apr 13, 2018 11:51 PM

Oct 2017
Just hope its better than the first part..Gintama needs a better send off
Apr 23, 2018 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Does anyone know how many seasons will the final arc have? Is it 3 or more? I'm fairly confused and I'd really like to know.
Also, is manga close to the end? I don't read mangas, but if these seasons are gonna take forever, I won't be able to resist not knowing the end, so I'll have to read xD
Apr 25, 2018 11:56 PM
Jan 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Draconix814 said:

Alright fine, so let's say that they couldn't support the business schedule I spoke of as opposed to yours, which would make more sense from that perspective. I still believe they could have gone about it a smarter way. I understand that Gintama now has limited resources now more than ever, but the rushing and lack of communication are still evident. Gintama. was a rushed production, Gintama.: Porori Hen didn't need to exist, and they could have talked to Sorachi to better anticipate when best to release another season. It seems the most that they could produce is two cours at most, with the budget they have, but if they subtracted the amount it cost for them to make Porori-hen and put it towards a 2 cour adaptation of the final ark when both the anime and manga was ready, then perhaps finishing up whatever was left afterwards at a later time, then everything could have gone much more smoothly, even if it wasn't a 51 episode cour. There are plenty of other multi-media franchises that have smarter approaches, just look at the juggernauts of idol anime, Love Live!, run by Sunrise themselves. It didn't need another cour every other season, and though Gintama is debatably less popular (it still the most popular its been in a long time), if only it took smarter steps to keep itself relevant, then this problem wouldn't have happened. Honestly, I don't know how Japanese fans are reacting to all of this split season adaptations, these decisions could be like Heaven on Earth to them for all I know, but what I do know is that this is getting annoying and I am frustrated with them myself. I believe that was the point I was trying to make, wasn't it? That said, I know a lot of people are getting sick of it too, both inside and outside of the western fanbase, and the last thing we need is for all of this to get dragged out until it loses its impact altogether.

Thats a pretty good breakdown when it comes to the industry, the anime studio the actual anime studio doesn't really have much of a say mainly Bandai, however focusing on the movie and don't doing another season in 2014 probably one of the best decision made by the producers. allow more content of the manga to be produced and be a little more flexible unlike the producers that fund one piece not allow filler so excessive padding for Toei animation is the way to go for them.
Apr 26, 2018 12:24 PM

Dec 2015
I think the second cour will be 11 episodes long so that it can end on chapter 669, it would be the most perfect cliffhanger for the 3rd and final cour.
Apr 26, 2018 12:42 PM

Oct 2017
ninetailedfoxie said:
Does anyone know how many seasons will the final arc have? Is it 3 or more? I'm fairly confused and I'd really like to know.
Also, is manga close to the end? I don't read mangas, but if these seasons are gonna take forever, I won't be able to resist not knowing the end, so I'll have to read xD

It will have 2 more, so overall 3. The manga seemed to be ending but its going on for longer than expected, so will likely get another cour out of it.

The last cour will probably air next year so I would just read the manga tbh
Apr 26, 2018 12:43 PM

Oct 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
I think the second cour will be 11 episodes long so that it can end on chapter 669, it would be the most perfect cliffhanger for the 3rd and final cour.

Agreed, that makes sense. But the current story would need to go on for quite some time yet if we get another cour out of it.
Apr 26, 2018 1:23 PM

Dec 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

Agreed, that makes sense. But the current story would need to go on for quite some time yet if we get another cour out of it.

Well, we've reached the point where it can't end in the current volume(cause otherwise it would've already been announced and it's clearly not looking that way in the story), so this guarantees that the manga will go on until at the very least chapter 691, since that's the earliest ending for the next volume, though it's also pretty clear that it can't end then, there is way too much to just end it in 11-15 chapters. I think the safest bets are 700-708, especially since if it ends on 708 it will end on the 15th anniversary of the manga.
Apr 26, 2018 1:35 PM

Oct 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Well, we've reached the point where it can't end in the current volume(cause otherwise it would've already been announced and it's clearly not looking that way in the story), so this guarantees that the manga will go on until at the very least chapter 691, since that's the earliest ending for the next volume, though it's also pretty clear that it can't end then, there is way too much to just end it in 11-15 chapters. I think the safest bets are 700-708, especially since if it ends on 708 it will end on the 15th anniversary of the manga.

I agree and its awesome that we are getting more Gintama than expected (just a few months ago everyone seemed sure it was ending). This Part 3 has been the most interesting part of the final arc.

Apr 26, 2018 1:37 PM

Dec 2015
Aardwolf94 said:
Uchiha_Shadow said:

I agree and its awesome that we are getting more Gintama than expected (just a few months ago everyone seemed sure it was ending). This Part 3 has been the most interesting part of the final arc.

Indeed, it focuses a lot more on the personal conflicts rather than saving the world, which wasn't bad especially the way it was done, but wasn't Gintama's best, this however, is.
Apr 26, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2017
Uchiha_Shadow said:
Aardwolf94 said:

Indeed, it focuses a lot more on the personal conflicts rather than saving the world, which wasn't bad especially the way it was done, but wasn't Gintama's best, this however, is.

Yeah I think Sorachi realized that. Gintama did the whole saving the world part pretty good (although not without flaws) but this is where Gintama excels at. More personal conflicts, grounded feeling and character focus
Apr 30, 2018 2:43 PM
Mar 2016
Aardwolf94 said:

The first cour was to give many old characters their spotlight and remind people of how many relationships the Yorozuya gang has created throughout the series. Mostly comedy filled which really embodies what Gintama is all about. The second half is where shit gets crazy. Manga readers know, and Gorilla sensei did the end great justice IMO, something many long running series fail to do. Gintama has been cemented as the best long running series of all time IN MY OPINION after having finished SS arc.
Apr 30, 2018 3:22 PM

Oct 2017
0ffBeat said:
Aardwolf94 said:

The first cour was to give many old characters their spotlight and remind people of how many relationships the Yorozuya gang has created throughout the series. Mostly comedy filled which really embodies what Gintama is all about. The second half is where shit gets crazy. Manga readers know, and Gorilla sensei did the end great justice IMO, something many long running series fail to do. Gintama has been cemented as the best long running series of all time IN MY OPINION after having finished SS arc.

I know already lol, I caught up with the manga and the second half was amazing. Currently really loving the new direction the manga is taking it as well.

Gintama is definitely one of my favourite long running anime and I think the serious arcs are better than most Shounen anime
May 13, 2018 12:02 PM

Aug 2009
Ponyo_May 15, 2018 10:56 AM
May 13, 2018 1:09 PM

Mar 2015
Ponyo_ said:
it would be awsome if they did the time skip part with a movie!

You should put that under a spoiler button.
May 13, 2018 2:30 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ponyo_ said:
it would be awsome if they did the time skip part with a movie!
You should put that in a spoiler. Also, the part you're talking about will end up being too long to be adapted in just a movie. Another season is mandatory, or multiple movies.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Oct 7, 2018

142 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 3, 9:03 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 30, 2018

76 by MewkiWay »»
Feb 2, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Aug 26, 2018

94 by MewkiWay »»
Jan 25, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 23, 2018

54 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:53 PM

Poll: » Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen - Kouhan-sen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Sep 16, 2018

51 by Alex_TheForest »»
Nov 24, 2023 12:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.