Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 25, 2018 2:41 AM
Oct 2015
It's already fairly chaotic and rather bloody at the moment, but once the Owl joins it's gonna get that much worse for the CCG.
Also, I believe Tooru is worth 20k+ which is a hefty amount, but hopefully Tooru will be safe by next episode.
TheHeckleApr 25, 2018 3:06 AM
Heckle was here...
Apr 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Sep 2016
Jeez the action felt stiff. This adaptation seems so soulless...
Apr 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Dec 2015
Why the fuck do they have to end the preview with that disgusting ear-rape?

This arc in the manga itself was awesome but messy with so many fights occurring at the same time.

Let's hope they don't fuck up the next 2 episodes with Takizawa-Owl because that's what this arc is all about imo.
~
Apr 25, 2018 3:58 AM
Dec 2017
very good adaption from the manga, everyone who is complaining obviously do not understand how big this arc is and how many episodes that are being released in this season.

You should watch this as an anime, like all anime's coming from manga not everything can be adapted.

very good episode, art was very good

Apr 25, 2018 4:14 AM

Dec 2017
Quite a faithful adaptation, I liked it. But the Battle scenes, as many have already pointed out, were not executed well, stiff, and lacking fluidity.

ZxI said:
Eto is logging in best character
She has always been the best character for me.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 2018 4:58 AM

Oct 2013
as expected, it was rushed and the animation was meh.
Apr 25, 2018 5:21 AM

Dec 2017
Gabbatek said:
very good adaption from the manga, everyone who is complaining obviously do not understand how big this arc is and how many episodes that are being released in this season.

You should watch this as an anime, like all anime's coming from manga not everything can be adapted.
Naruto and Boruto beg to differ. Not only all the contents got adapted, but the anime versions are also full with bunch of filler episodes. Isn't it so confusing seeing them extracting the franchise as much as possible while they are doing the complete opposite treatment to a much shorter series like Tokyo Ghoul?
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 25, 2018 5:36 AM

Feb 2014
And the bloodshed royale has begun!

Fights and action are now happening everywhere with the auction being interrupted, but not all of the scenes were that well animated. Some were good, but others were too stiff and lacked some fluidity. At least the art quality was consistently good though.

Although with this much bloodshed, I can only imagine how much more bloodshed when Owl joins in on the action. I wouldn't be surprised if a few more higher profile characters get killed off in the next episode or two.
Apr 25, 2018 6:14 AM

Mar 2018
Such a great episode packed with actions.
So glad to see my best waifu Eto <3 she definitely deserves more screen time!
I still don't get why the investigators said that Haise's movement is similar to Arima.The way he fights and swings his sword looks nothing like Arima to me. Is he supposed to do so (according to the manga)? If that so, it means the animation failed to depict it well.

So the new Owl is Takizawa, the ghoul investigator who was killed by Noro in √A? He looks so much different now, and so crazy.

Aleph199X said:
I still feel like I'm somewhat lost but at least this episode has been for the most part better than the previous ones.
As an anime-only audience, I can relate.
I watch anime for the fan service plot since I don't really like ecchi but it just so happens that it is included in mostly the good shows I like. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 25, 2018 6:17 AM

Oct 2017
I’m getting tired of this cliff hanger shit.
Apr 25, 2018 6:24 AM
Apr 2018
For those who are complaining about Takizawa's appearance in this episode, which is slightly diffrent from its manga version, Please check out this link and there you can see that Studio Pierrot planned to set the 'Crazy Takizawa' scene in the next episode. Here is the link :
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1522983724&pagemode=amp&id=1522983724&__twitter_impression=true
Warning : It Contains some SPOILERS for the upcoming episodes
DipasukhaedbertApr 25, 2018 6:30 AM
Apr 25, 2018 6:31 AM
Jun 2017
This the best episode i ever seen...i'm happy they still follow the manga....if this season was 24ep ...but np it's still good to me...juuzou you're my boy keep going 💞
Apr 25, 2018 7:15 AM

Jul 2016
PINEAPPLE-kun Appears!!

Best episode of tg re yet.
The pacing was better than previous, the auction arc starts!

Apr 25, 2018 7:33 AM

Jun 2016
tottobennington said:
srafayms said:
Everything is going right and is well paced, considering we have only 12 episodes

What!? well paced you say? LOL.
This is fast paced AF & they axed a lot of content/character developemnt just to get to the action.. which is no that good at all.

If we go at your pace, this season will just go for the character development. This is what we need right now, else we won't be able to reach any good point to end the season.
Apr 25, 2018 8:17 AM

Oct 2012
Legitimately like root a more than this. Dropped barring extreme boredom.
Apr 25, 2018 9:29 AM

Feb 2017
srafayms said:
tottobennington said:

What!? well paced you say? LOL.
This is fast paced AF & they axed a lot of content/character developemnt just to get to the action.. which is no that good at all.

If we go at your pace, this season will just go for the character development. This is what we need right now, else we won't be able to reach any good point to end the season.

You seem to not understand that quite a lot of the things that the studio axed are important for the plot in the future & those things will not make any sense when the time comes.

Example:
Apr 25, 2018 10:05 AM

Apr 2016
Juuzou Vs Big Madam , hope it will happen and please Hinami dont die
BRAWLERS
Apr 25, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
I really liked the episode.. it didn't feel rushed or what so ever but i've read the manga so for someone that hasn't, i'm pretty sure the new season feels weird. But so far so good. I need some more.
Apr 25, 2018 10:51 AM

Mar 2015
Scheisse!

God I love Kobayashi Yuu
Apr 25, 2018 10:53 AM

Jun 2017
Pretty boring episode apart from Edgy Takizawa, they nailed that part at least lol.
Apr 25, 2018 11:02 AM
Apr 2018
Shingster said:
Quite the predicament that Mutsuki has found himself in. But man he sure caused quite a stir within the auction. Suzuya's reveal though was pretty well executed. But him dressed as a girl as he mows down ghouls with the throwing knives sure was fun to watch. Nice to see that the q squad finally gets a taste of field combat though. The Naki and Miza tag team sure was effective though. The clowns though look to be tricky foes to deal with though. Hmm quite the action packed episode. Looks like this op is only going to get more interesting as new foes emerge to face the CCG.

Wait? Have you read the manga? If not I understand the confusion, but Mutsuki is female... You where right the first time... Its just she prefers to be identified as male
Apr 25, 2018 11:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Animeforevry1 said:
Shingster said:
Quite the predicament that Mutsuki has found himself in. But man he sure caused quite a stir within the auction. Suzuya's reveal though was pretty well executed. But him dressed as a girl as he mows down ghouls with the throwing knives sure was fun to watch. Nice to see that the q squad finally gets a taste of field combat though. The Naki and Miza tag team sure was effective though. The clowns though look to be tricky foes to deal with though. Hmm quite the action packed episode. Looks like this op is only going to get more interesting as new foes emerge to face the CCG.

Wait? Have you read the manga? If not I understand the confusion, but Mutsuki is female... You where right the first time... Its just she prefers to be identified as male

Yes i have read the manga but its just as confusing in there as it is here lol.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2018 11:22 AM
Apr 2018
IZEROII said:
Hatsuyuki said:
Honestly the animation is terrible. I hope they're saving budget for the fights to come because so far it has Root A levels of mediocrity.

Quick cash grab attempt. Popular series, they spend a minimal amount of money on animation and probably make tenfold back.

This is pretty much spot on. But I'm off this train. S1 was ok. S2 was trash. S3 has nothing redeeming going on to bring me back in. Personally, I'm done. Dropped, no rate.

Well I know till now they haven't shown us anything great or an adaptation Tokyo ghoul deserve
Bt I think in future it could get better
So dropping is not a good idea
Apr 25, 2018 11:30 AM

Nov 2017
Taher1201 said:
Irish_Chick said:

Thank you! This is the kind of response I was looking for, I am kinda lost because I havent read the manga - been obviously watched the previous two series.

I had wikied some of Ghoul:re but didnt want to spoil too much for myself.

Like I felt I had enough of an idea of what was going on but this threw me - do I have to read all of the manga to get a clue or?

EDIT: Thanks Greensponge - I'll give it another look although if I cant remember then the series isn't doing something right...

Will rewatching series 1 (i refuse to rewatch root) help at all or do I really seriously have to read the manga? I ask cuz I'm in my final year of phd and I have a lot to read as is without adding entire series of manga!

you have to read the manga from the beginning , in the anime they missed alot of plot points even in season 1 so my advice to you is read the manga from the beginning , trust me you will find at way more better than the anime and all of your questions will be answered

Thanks dude - I'll see how I go, there's a real frenetic pace to this series so it can be hard to keep up at the best of times, specially with all the new characters thrown in and after a full on day of "doctoring" at uni!
Apr 25, 2018 12:20 PM

Dec 2014
well the fighting gets more and more intense... I hope the touch more on Kaneki part
Apr 25, 2018 3:12 PM

Dec 2010
The best episode so far. Still pretty awful.

The Doves fight scenes - "I gonna say some deep/cocky thing and die". All the fuckin time. Not fun at all. Are they all idiots?

The trap thing is pretty off-puting. Not to mention that Juzu is my least favourite character from S2.

What is the main story so far? In the first two seasons we got some main characters and their development. Here so far we Sasaki got almost zero development. This is true to the rest of his time, maybe the guy that decided to go full ghoul route, but he was already pretty there with his mind-set. He just has found out solution.

So far this is just fight between Doves and Ghouls. This could be pretty good idea, but there comes the worst offender of this show. The fights are awful and bad choreographed. WTF. What a mess.
Apr 25, 2018 7:15 PM
Mar 2012
Real cool osts makes up for the pierrot level anim.
Didnt know Toru's that valuable. So much stuff happening.
Suzuya bit like Rory in combat...
gophercgApr 26, 2018 4:49 AM
Apr 25, 2018 8:18 PM
Jan 2018
I really hope it doesn't turn into 6 episodes of nonstop one-on-one matches and fight scenes like Root A. That was horrible and so repetitive. My hopes are still high, though.
Apr 25, 2018 8:41 PM

Aug 2017
Good start but the other half was rushed. Takizawa's introduction is bad and the animation..... -.-2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 25, 2018 9:24 PM
Jan 2016
Wow sooo many nostalgic fight here!!! Akira vs Naki, Uta vs Hirako, Juuzou and Big Madame and many more...and yeah, if you're asking where is Takizawa after being crushed by Noro and Tatara at season 2, yeah he's becoming one of Aogiri member and he's crazy now...I feel sorry for him, I think his destiny is much worse than Kaneki. Honestly, I enjoy this, I don't care if many peoples compare it to the manga.
Apr 26, 2018 12:20 AM

Aug 2013
Animation and music during fighting scenes seems to be off and underwhelming.
I can hardly feel it or get excited while watching..whaaay Pierrot..
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Apr 26, 2018 4:16 AM
Nov 2016
I don't understand why this show adapts so many chapters at once.

The auction arc isn't slow paced so two chapters per episode should be fine but no.... Pierrot is busy fucking it up like usual.

The action was okay.... Well, Takizawa is back so that's good

Apr 26, 2018 4:45 AM
Aug 2017
Jagh said:
Let me get this straight. Nutcracker picks up random people, kidnaps them, then ghouls buy those people for large sums? If youre eating people why not just, yknow kill them? Or get a guy to procure them? Why was hinami, uta and people from anteku helping with this? Wasn't the point of their faction to co-exist? It just feels out of character. I guess time has passed and things have changed. But without any explanation it's just random.
A certain someone has become midnight and apparently akira is doing that stupid fucking eye thing her dad did. I was really hyped for this arc. Now I'm just disappointed (unless they give a reason for it later).

Edit* why the hell were the kagune so dull looking this episode?

LoL. Anime only don't know that Uta and Roma were never on Anteiku side. They are Clowns, a group that only want to mess everything up for fun and cause tragedy for others, nothing is out of character for them since Uta is a villain. And Hinami is Aogiri member now, she has to listen to Eto's order because she wants to become stronger.
The auction is for ghouls to buy high quality foods, like famous celebrities which are hard to capture than normal people. The random people that Nutcracker kidnap are just low price goods that ghouls don't like to hunt will buy. Mutsuki is high price because she is a Quinx.
Apr 26, 2018 5:00 AM
Jul 2015
Himawari9 said:
Jagh said:
Let me get this straight. Nutcracker picks up random people, kidnaps them, then ghouls buy those people for large sums? If youre eating people why not just, yknow kill them? Or get a guy to procure them? Why was hinami, uta and people from anteku helping with this? Wasn't the point of their faction to co-exist? It just feels out of character. I guess time has passed and things have changed. But without any explanation it's just random.
A certain someone has become midnight and apparently akira is doing that stupid fucking eye thing her dad did. I was really hyped for this arc. Now I'm just disappointed (unless they give a reason for it later).

Edit* why the hell were the kagune so dull looking this episode?

LoL. Anime only don't know that Uta and Roma were never on Anteiku side. They are Clowns, a group that only want to mess everything up for fun and cause tragedy for others, nothing is out of character for them since Uta is a villain. And Hinami is Aogiri member now, she has to listen to Eto's order because she wants to become stronger.
The auction is for ghouls to buy high quality foods, like famous celebrities which are hard to capture than normal people. The random people that Nutcracker kidnap are just low price goods that ghouls don't like to hunt will buy. Mutsuki is high price because she is a Quinx.

Exactly. It hasn't been explained in the aime. So it feels out of place. I'm reserving my judgement for when it is. But I'll probably have to read the manga some time.
Apr 26, 2018 5:07 AM
Aug 2017
Jagh said:
Himawari9 said:

Exactly. It hasn't been explained in the aime. So it feels out of place. I'm reserving my judgement for when it is. But I'll probably have to read the manga some time.

There are a lot of important scenes that Root A should have showed.
Apr 26, 2018 6:01 AM
Apr 2016
Himawari9 said:
Jagh said:

That is not entirely correct, since I remember clowns from Root A, to be more precise Nico and someone else, so I know that there are several factions at game. So far I see nothing wrong with how the animation series transferred from Root A to :re, as I either expect them to elaborate on most bizarre occurrences later, or have enough mental capability to connect the dots between what happened then, and what could/should have happened after those 2 years.
The whole "Non-readers confusion" narrative seems extremely over the head (used by some to hate on the series), you have to be a complete beginner in the art to not be able to at least scratch the surface of how things came up to be as they are now.
Re:formed
Apr 26, 2018 11:20 PM

Mar 2009
There are way too many fucking characters in this series. This episode was pure chaos.
Apr 27, 2018 12:13 AM
Aug 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Himawari9 said:

That is not entirely correct, since I remember clowns from Root A, to be more precise Nico and someone else, so I know that there are several factions at game. So far I see nothing wrong with how the animation series transferred from Root A to :re, as I either expect them to elaborate on most bizarre occurrences later, or have enough mental capability to connect the dots between what happened then, and what could/should have happened after those 2 years.
The whole "Non-readers confusion" narrative seems extremely over the head (used by some to hate on the series), you have to be a complete beginner in the art to not be able to at least scratch the surface of how things came up to be as they are now.

Then what about Kanou plan, Souta's role, Yomo's sister? Uta, Itori and Roma role as the Clown were revealed before Tokyo Ghoul: re even started. Roma was hinted as a SS-rate ghoul in the manga. And Souta is the one who dropped the steel beams on Rize. Kaneki has a close friendship with Banjou and Tsukiyama since he created his own group with them. Naki hates Kaneki for killing Yamori. "The raid on Kanou lab" is very important to the plot as it showed Kanou's plan along with the fact that Rize's alive. Kanou disappeared in the anime but he went with Aogiri in the manga to create more one-eyed ghouls from the CCG members that were captured from Anteiku raid. Even Ishida advised everyone to read the first manga vefore watching Tokyo Ghoul:re.
By the way, Mutsuki Tooru is a girl hence Torso's obsession with her ( he likes women with scar) . And I saw a lot of anime only asked why the Quinx can eat human food.
Apr 27, 2018 4:22 AM

Feb 2009
Himawari9 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Then what about Kanou plan, Souta's role, Yomo's sister? Uta, Itori and Roma role as the Clown were revealed before Tokyo Ghoul: re even started. Roma was hinted as a SS-rate ghoul in the manga. And Souta is the one who dropped the steel beams on Rize. Kaneki has a close friendship with Banjou and Tsukiyama since he created his own group with them. Naki hates Kaneki for killing Yamori. "The raid on Kanou lab" is very important to the plot as it showed Kanou's plan along with the fact that Rize's alive. Kanou disappeared in the anime but he went with Aogiri in the manga to create more one-eyed ghouls from the CCG members that were captured from Anteiku raid. Even Ishida advised everyone to read the first manga vefore watching Tokyo Ghoul:re.
By the way, Mutsuki Tooru is a girl hence Torso's obsession with her ( he likes women with scar) . And I saw a lot of anime only asked why the Quinx can eat human food.

Also Hide was less important in anime then in manga, which saddens me.

Weird episode, they skip some parts (as always), battle animations are bad, like really bad. At least I'm happy that my boy Uta is here.
I will continue to watch this series, but (just like Persona 5 the Animation) it is so painfully inferior to source material (at least for me).
This episode gets 3/5 from me.
Apr 27, 2018 6:57 AM

Jul 2016
Pineapple on the loose!, gj! for making his craze and creep appearance, they really are rushing out things, I just hope the awakening will be adapted well and won't be rushed.

And because of the skipping, :re non-manga readers have no idea why torso is so obsessed with tooru and why tooru hides her real gender.

damn its a split cour 24 eps, rue island arc plus ccg infiltration arc for next cour
Apr 27, 2018 1:26 PM

Feb 2017
Animation, especially fights, looks so stiff and soulless, almost feels like watching a slide show. Everything felt really boring and lifeless. And not mention really bad pacing and all the cut stuff.
Apr 27, 2018 2:52 PM
Apr 2018
Adaptation wise the episode was good i guess but I just really really hope they fix the animation quality like please.
Apr 27, 2018 6:22 PM
Jul 2017
TheRantMan321 said:

I still wish they would get more of the conservation & investigation scenes animated because ironically, tokyo ghoul is known more for it's wonderful dialogue rather than it's action.

This. Previous seasons had plenty of character development so the fights meant something. The last couple of episodes tried to do this, but not as successfully.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 28, 2018 4:30 AM

Jan 2015
So much action in this episode. Good!
Apr 29, 2018 8:58 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
It was a blood episode, full of action!!! I liked it!!!
The Owl appears!!!
Pineapple? I can imagine that he had in her hands are the heart!!! kekeke
Apr 29, 2018 9:14 AM

Apr 2018
pretty good ep i love Juzo
Apr 29, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2015
I don't remember/know most of characters. It's 4th episode and I'm lost as it was 1st.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 29, 2018 2:40 PM

Dec 2015
Legit liked Root A more than this. The animation is so cheap it's unbelievable, the pacing is just killing it for me. I have to drop it before it's too late. Don't want the anime to ruin the manga for me.

4/10 DROPPED GOODBYE
Apr 29, 2018 6:54 PM

May 2010
Wait, was TG always this PG-13? Where's my juicy gore? :(

Eh, it was fine, other than I have no idea what the heck is going on lol. That auction felt like something out of Kuroshitsuji. Such a shame that Uta didn't show his face!
Apr 30, 2018 6:08 AM
Jun 2017
Auction time!!! hahaha.... Big Madamme sure likes to have that one eye ghoul on her that she even bet 200 million dollar on it..

Anyways i like the episode as a whole, its action pack and CCG sure are having a hard time beating those AOGIRI group..

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.