Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Apr 20, 2018 5:57 PM
Aug 2017
I just confused on their smartphone. Are they've popular in 2010?
Apr 20, 2018 5:58 PM
Jun 2016
Why can he pronounce 僕ら correctly, but cannot pronounce 面白い, makes zero sense lol
Apr 20, 2018 5:59 PM
Jun 2016
vzgnc said:
I had my first android smartphone in 2010, and I’m Brazilian, they live in Japan so...
Apr 20, 2018 6:13 PM
Jan 2017
Why does it have to make me cry? Even my damn nose is running

Why do I have to love Makise Kurisu too?

Who wouldn't travel the multiverse to save her?

Also didn't notice CGI Kurisu, voice seemed weird but it's been a long time.
CGI does make sense as she IS CGI in the anime.
Apr 20, 2018 6:37 PM
Apr 2018
Sir_Lexa said:
Little worried about Mayuri's reaction to the call at the end.

What's wrong with her reaction? Some foreshadowing?
Apr 20, 2018 9:06 PM
Jan 2018
Great episode! I was at first worried about 0 since I love the original so much; but this pretty much lives up to it (so far). I like the loli scientist a lot too.
Apr 20, 2018 9:51 PM

Nov 2015
Tsuguni said:
Something that i did notice in this episode it's...

VN SPOILERS

Holy! I did not notice that one (the first one). It's probably not a big deal at the moment. But since we've played the VN, I'm pretty sure it will be expanded later on, you know, plot-wise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 10:21 PM
Jun 2015
vzgnc said:

Smartphone was getting started to become popular at that time. Android and iOS were becoming common. And Blackberry keypad phone began to fade away....
KaizuyaApr 20, 2018 10:27 PM
Apr 21, 2018 1:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Will born the love between Kurisu adn Okabe again? Yes, she is "computer" but the essence is there, and all can happen again!!!
Also, Okabe with this meet can change, and he can to be again this crazy inventor that loved us in the first season, take the travel machine and recover her with life!!! a great dream to me!!! kekeke
Apr 21, 2018 2:37 AM

Nov 2014
I need the next episode so damn bad right now!

The concepts touched on are pretty thought provoking, but also hits HARD. Just as Maho is learning about an entirely different Kurisu, Okabe (and in turn the viewers) get to see a completely different Kurisu.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Apr 21, 2018 2:53 AM

Feb 2014
BeyondTheStars said:
Why and when did mayuri's boobs get so big? I mean i don't really mind but it's puzzling.

Just some cheap, mindless fanservice. Same reason why Suzuha's boobs got twice as big for no good reason. At first I gave the show the benefit of the doubt and thought there was a time skip of a few years, during which they (somehow) went through a "growth spurt". But turns out, it's only been a few months since Kurisu died.
Apr 21, 2018 3:13 AM

Dec 2015
The feels and goosebumps..... Easy 9/10 at this point. OP and ED are also lit.
~
Apr 21, 2018 4:15 AM
Jul 2014
AX3M Yes, the thing it's that i not see much sense in the doctor talk about that without Maho talking before on that subject, but well it's normal with the 23 minutes episode limit. Let's hope as you say that they talk about that in the future.
Apr 21, 2018 6:13 AM

Oct 2008
rubbish op that sounds like so many before it
this show shines when okabe and kurisu are interacting. that's the heart of S;G for me. that + the bizarre mystery element which is not really present yet...
also, it would be much more enjoyable if that english dude just spoke normal japanese instead of that fucked up accent. firstly, no foreigners i've heard pronounce japanese in that super over-the-top way (not suggesting foreigners don't deserve to be made fun of for their pronunciations) & secondly it is just ugly to listen to and reduces the credibility of that character to zero. so if he has an important role in this show, it's likely gonna have fuck all impact
Apr 21, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
Always makes me laugh when the Americans speaking english in anime have a horrible accent and pronunciation.

Nice to see the return of Makise Kurisu, one of my favs. And it was sweet to see melancholic Okabe momentarily slip back into his old "Christina!" form.

The OP is an alright song. But nothing special imo.
Apr 21, 2018 7:14 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Lmao Okabe out of nowhere calls AI Kurisu as Christina multiple times. Just like old times.
That scene was so epic, their reactions were priceless.

Apr 21, 2018 10:09 AM

May 2015
Poor Mayuri even in a line that Kurisu ceased to exist(?) she is second to her...
Apr 21, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
You are all aware of the fact that the seiyuu for Leskinen is japanese, right?
Apr 21, 2018 11:52 AM

Apr 2018
Dark-Scorpion said:
Some S;G Movie References in there (first image)

Only two episodes and is going great, First 3 hours from the VN Adapted Also Liked how they added some Flashblacks

actually, it's back to the Beta worldline in the past from episode 23
Apr 21, 2018 1:28 PM
Mar 2018
I loved this episode, i can't be the only one expecting Rintarou to go "I am mad scientist, is so cool, sunovabitch!" at the german scientist when they met haahha
I did a cover of the new ending, Last Game, the ending is awesome, and it really fit the end of this episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZKYe22CYM
Apr 21, 2018 2:39 PM

May 2016
That was too painful for me to watch I wonder how can he supress his feelings I would have died just to talk to her but she doesn't know Okabe ugh T^T
Apr 21, 2018 3:00 PM

Jan 2016
Oofff remembering those rough times, huh... The talk between Okabe and Amadeus Kurisu was very heart-wrenching tho T-T

THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 21, 2018 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
Vhailor said:
BeyondTheStars said:
Why and when did mayuri's boobs get so big? I mean i don't really mind but it's puzzling.

Just some cheap, mindless fanservice. Same reason why Suzuha's boobs got twice as big for no good reason. At first I gave the show the benefit of the doubt and thought there was a time skip of a few years, during which they (somehow) went through a "growth spurt". But turns out, it's only been a few months since Kurisu died.

Evil_JesusApr 21, 2018 3:55 PM
Apr 21, 2018 5:31 PM

Nov 2015
Pretty sad ep overall but it did have its light hearted moments. Some parts in particular made me tear up a little, thinking about Kurisu. So far Maho and the american professor seem to be good characters, you never know what could happen though. OP is pretty decent but i prefer the S1 OP. ED I don't really have much of an opinion on it.

Can't wait to see more Okabe x Amadeus moments and how it goes from there.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 21, 2018 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
It's certainly not boring.

I was actually a little surprised "Christina" didn't get a reaction... but then I guess it wouldn't since she died before any of that happened. Good job on putting that in there... since the audience (me) was already thinking about it. (spoon/fork when?)
Apr 21, 2018 9:06 PM
Jan 2017
Another great episode! Despite that turbulent first meeting, I'm glad to see Okabe and Maho find some common ground in their relationship with Kurisu. Also, the introduction of a virtual Kurisu seems a good way for Okabe to cope with his trauma and move on. It all depends how the series handles that story but I'm interested to see how it goes.
Apr 21, 2018 9:33 PM
Nov 2017
i hope happy ending in this sequel, i feel bad to okabe
Apr 21, 2018 9:47 PM

Feb 2014
Evil_Jesus said:
Vhailor said:

VhailorApr 21, 2018 9:51 PM
Apr 22, 2018 1:15 AM
Oct 2016
im not gonna lie, when for the first time this anime airing i really want to watch it. but after i realized that the plot is so sad im trying to hold this anime until finish airing, i cant bear it. and watch episode 2 and sh*t my tears fall :(
Apr 22, 2018 1:32 AM

Sep 2011
I like Okabe's voice in the jap version, though i still prefer the dub's voice of him a lot more, same with most of the voices, especially daru's and kurisu's.
I can't wait until the dub of this comes out where i can experience the feels even harder.
Apr 22, 2018 6:57 AM
Jun 2017
Amadeus or AI kurisu made Okabe remember her more. how it is so much painful for him remembering an important person in his past life...

i like how they have ended todays episode, where AI Kurisu and Okabe have some little talk. from there he has able to realized that the aI And the girl he knew from the past is almost the same...

CANT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE!!!
Apr 22, 2018 10:42 AM

Jul 2012
Wasn't really that impressed by the opening episode, but this one was great. Thought that sometime ago was reading manga version with Maho, didn't know where it standed and just started with Amadeud-Kurisu scene, that was confusing. Okabe calling AI Kuristina, that was pretty funny, their interactions. Good memories.

The end of episode, feels like the whole ride will be pretty dark or sad. And the ED, does it mean that Mayuri will have an important role, always thought that her role is very small and tutturu is her most memorable part.

Random thought, does Kurisu-amadeus knows that she's dead, she can clearly learn something (mb simple things) and if not what would've been her reaction, some kind of paradox or mb she'll just say "oh how unfortunate" (something like that was in danganronpa?!). That's probably how author sees it and mb how progressive that AI developed, just thought it was interesting.
Apr 22, 2018 3:27 PM

May 2015
This is realy fucked up. Oh, well waiting for more. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2018 9:58 PM
Mar 2018
So sad to think that we have to talk with our beloved people which is not beside us anymore. Damn, it's really deep i think
Apr 23, 2018 4:00 AM

Apr 2018
Finally! A legal loli!

I hope this anime turns out just as good as Steins;Gate.
It looks very promising.
Apr 23, 2018 6:45 AM

Dec 2015
ContemptibleLiu said:
Finally! A legal loli!

Sonoda created Minnie May before this came out. ;)
Apr 23, 2018 10:01 AM

May 2010
Another great episode. Then again, the beginning of S;G0 visual novel was fun to read as well, so it doesn't really say anything. My boyfriend said this episode reminded him of Black Mirror, which is pretty cool I guess :3

I like that Amadeus looks more 3D, gives it more realistic feel of something actually animated, rather than just anime character sealed inside the phone, I hoped for something like that to happen.

Opening is great, sasuga Kanako Itou. But that ending song, ugh... why won't you sing in Japanese, Zwei? Too much Engrish, I could barely understand a thing :x
Apr 23, 2018 10:53 AM

Apr 2017
Kitsu-nee said:

Opening is great, sasuga Kanako Itou. But that ending song, ugh... why won't you sing in Japanese, Zwei? Too much Engrish, I could barely understand a thing :x

Apr 24, 2018 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Amadeus tsundere just like the original one hilarious.
Poor Ookabe this must be so hard and cruel for him seeing your beloved one again like she was still alive but no she's just an A.I Steins Gate 0 is hard I love this I am sure it will go better and better.
Apr 24, 2018 1:33 PM

Nov 2017
Has anyone played the VN?

Really interested in knowing which is the better experience playing the VN or watching the anime.

I love VN's but watch the stein's gate anime without playing the game so wondering if its worth playing through the VN for SG0 before watching the anime?
Apr 24, 2018 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
Irish_Chick said:

Really interested in knowing which is the better experience playing the VN or watching the anime.

I love VN's but watch the stein's gate anime without playing the game so wondering if its worth playing through the VN for SG0 before watching the anime?

Imo its better for Steins;Gate to experience the anime first and then the VN, as the VN explains some things in more detail, especially when it comes to the science aspect and the other route endings(though thats not sure for 0 yet).

In my case i enjoy both experiences for different reasons, so it didnt really matter when i read S;G VN after anime and doesnt change it either when i view now the anime after 2 years of 0 VN. So you could also just go ahead, if you dont like waiting. S;G was a good adaption after all and 0 seems to follow up.
Apr 24, 2018 4:07 PM

Apr 2018
I really liked this episode. Seeing Okabe and Amadeus interact for the first time was both sad and intriguing. I’m excited for the next episode, I give it a 5/5.
Apr 24, 2018 11:54 PM
Jun 2017
My heart is breaking for these characters!
I really liked the part when Okabe stood up for Kurisu's research! It was painful for Okabe when he was talking to the Amadeus especially when he called her Christina!
I just miss their relationship a lot!
I am not ready for episode 3! These episodes are going to hit me! ;--;
Apr 25, 2018 7:24 AM

Sep 2017
Dammit!!! It feels really awkward to hear kurisu's voice in sub after watching the original series in dub....The voice here is really sweet, which actually feels as if I am listening to someone else's voice.

It might take some time, but i think ill get used to it, like I got used to kyuoma's voice in just 2 episodes :P
Apr 25, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2017
sanlei said:
Irish_Chick said:

Imo its better for Steins;Gate to experience the anime first and then the VN, as the VN explains some things in more detail, especially when it comes to the science aspect and the other route endings(though thats not sure for 0 yet).

In my case i enjoy both experiences for different reasons, so it didnt really matter when i read S;G VN after anime and doesnt change it either when i view now the anime after 2 years of 0 VN. So you could also just go ahead, if you dont like waiting. S;G was a good adaption after all and 0 seems to follow up.

cool - thanks for the input!
Apr 26, 2018 10:23 PM

Feb 2014
Skin crawling to listen to Zwei and Kanako Itou after a long time.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 28, 2018 8:11 PM

Aug 2015
I really love the Opening.
Okabe's totally going to fall for the AI. It's a given.
Apr 29, 2018 8:39 PM
Apr 2018
Hi,
sorry if it is something bad in posting this but it is quite difficult not
to share this with people who understand... Here is where the Amadeous is being held in this world line :)
Enjoy :)
https://twitter.com/DekDennis/status/988730146499670016

Apr 29, 2018 10:10 PM

Nov 2015
DekDennis said:
Hi,
to share this with people who understand... Here is where the Amadeous is being held in this world line :)

Wow ! You're Japanese, right? This is where this episode happened! Leskinen and Maho are staying here right now in the story! ありがとう!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2018 4:33 AM
Apr 2018
AX3M said:
DekDennis said:
Hi,

Wow ! You're Japanese, right? This is where this episode happened! Leskinen and Maho are staying here right now in the story! ありがとう!!!

Now, I'm Russian and work in that exact building. So now a Mad Scientist inside of me wondering what to make first - time machine or the AI :)
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.