Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 18, 2018 8:44 PM
Jan 2018
I really really really love it! At the first second!
Apr 18, 2018 9:13 PM
Apr 2018
Swiggy said:
Personally though, as soon as he called me stupid I would have never considered, but whatever. There's no way I'd take that even as a joke. If that's what Narumi's okay with though, then it's their story not my own.

They're childhood friends, so the dynamics are different.
Apr 18, 2018 10:16 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Cal_R said:
Swiggy said:
Personally though, as soon as he called me stupid I would have never considered, but whatever. There's no way I'd take that even as a joke. If that's what Narumi's okay with though, then it's their story not my own.

They're childhood friends, so the dynamics are different.
I don't take that from my childhood friends either. I can note one childhood friend who tried pretty much this episode's shenanigans (though at the time I didn't realize it). I wasn't down.
But like I said, if that's what Narumi's okay with then okay. I understand that what's okay is going to differ from person to person. This is Narumi and Hirotaka's story, not my own. I'm not trying to self-insert here. lol

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 19, 2018 12:16 AM
Nov 2015
I hope this can shape up to be my favorite A-1 anime.
Apr 20, 2018 2:35 AM
Jul 2016
The ED is really good!
Apr 20, 2018 7:58 AM
Jan 2018
So relatable for me its unbelievable. Definitely going to continue watching
Apr 20, 2018 7:15 PM

Oct 2016
Wow! This girl is energetic! This is my perfect type of anime!
Apr 21, 2018 12:49 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
I will definitely watch more of this, but I felt they really rushed to set things up. I was hoping for a bit more drama and/or suspense, but maybe it will come later. :) We'll see. It just seemed a bit too perfect of a story so far.
MALGRAPH____
Apr 22, 2018 11:15 AM

Jul 2012
So funny! Loving this series already. It kind of reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo. The end was a bit confusing lol, cuz she didn't understand what he meant but then they said they were dating at the end? Wut?

Anyways, looking forward to more.
Apr 22, 2018 3:50 PM

Aug 2017
I feeling the tone from Gamers! here. Some scenes with Narumi are funny! The animation is a bit bad. A Ok start. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 23, 2018 1:10 AM

Mar 2012
5layer said:
I already hate Narumi.

I'll keep watching cause Hirotaka is cool, but I doubt I'll make it to the end.

ichii_1 said:
Would be better if narumi was a virgin and not some bad boy chasing slut.
Yeah pretty much this.

you guys are disgusting.
Apr 23, 2018 1:21 AM

Mar 2012
should i be reading this???

this season is actually really good for romance apparently. weirdly all anime i really liked are either shoujo or something romantic.
anyway, first thought i had was "wow, so much pink" but i guess we do have a color scheme going on here for the main characters. i do relate a lot to hirotaka (and snorted out loud when i heard his name for reasons) but it is refreshing to see an adult relationship that is not drama. definitely watching this!
Apr 23, 2018 1:59 AM
Nov 2015
As expected of A-1 Pictures, it looks shitty, the background art and objects and animation is very very drab.

BUT HIROTAKA IS THE CUTEST MAN IN GLASS I'VE EVER SEEN. Everything ab his design is just right.
Apr 23, 2018 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
fukumenkei said:
5layer said:
I already hate Narumi.

I'll keep watching cause Hirotaka is cool, but I doubt I'll make it to the end.

Yeah pretty much this.
you guys are disgusting.
Or we just don't like shallow bitches.
Apr 24, 2018 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
Totally didn't expect Hirotaka to pull that move so determined, and in the first episode allready. I like it. With that cleared up, there'll be less akwardness and more comedy!

Swiggy said:
I don't take that from my childhood friends either. I can note one childhood friend who tried pretty much this episode's shenanigans (though at the time I didn't realize it). I wasn't down.
But like I said, if that's what Narumi's okay with then okay. I understand that what's okay is going to differ from person to person. This is Narumi and Hirotaka's story, not my own. I'm not trying to self-insert here. lol

I guess it does differ from person to person. When I'm with childhood friends (male and female), 'stupid' is probably the least we call eachother. I honestly can't imagine being offended that easily, especially not when it's coming from friends.

5layer said:
fukumenkei said:
you guys are disgusting.

Or you guys are still disgusting, for instantly branding her a slut, and apparently assuming there to be some kind of slut-virgin duality.

Mayuka said:
It kind of reminds me of Gekkan Shoujo.

Actually, yeah, that's dead on! I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but that's it.
LaionidasApr 24, 2018 3:31 PM
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 24, 2018 4:14 PM

Jul 2012
5layer said:
fukumenkei said:
you guys are disgusting.
She's a bit stupid but I wouldn't say she's a slut lmao.
Apr 24, 2018 11:16 PM

Sep 2008
Laionidas said:
Or you guys are still disgusting, for instantly branding her a slut, and apparently assuming there to be some kind of slut-virgin duality.
No, that's not it at all. She just comes across as shallow with her preference in guys. Obviously not being a virgin doesn't make you a slut and nobody said it has to be one or the other.
Apr 25, 2018 1:32 AM

Jan 2014
5layer said:
Obviously not being a virgin doesn't make you a slut and nobody said it has to be one or the other.
ichii_1 said:

It was implied.

Narumi is 26, she's mentioned two boyfriends,.. two. She clearly had serious intentions with both of them herself, and was sorely dissapointed by the second to the point of quiting her job. She's observed herself that she probably has a poor taste in men. Exactly how does this make her shallow, or a slut?

If you'd said you prefer women that make better choices from the onset, are not at all worried about public appearance, or that it would have made the story more interesting if she was like that, that'd been perfectly acceptable. The whole slut-virgin thing is not.
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 25, 2018 2:41 AM

Sep 2008
Laionidas said:
5layer said:
Obviously not being a virgin doesn't make you a slut and nobody said it has to be one or the other.
ichii_1 said:

It was implied.

Narumi is 26, she's mentioned two boyfriends,.. two. She clearly had serious intentions with both of them herself, and was sorely dissapointed by the second to the point of quiting her job. She's observed herself that she probably has a poor taste in men. Exactly how does this make her shallow, or a slut?

If you'd said you prefer women that make better choices from the onset, are not at all worried about public appearance, or that it would have made the story more interesting if she was like that, that'd been perfectly acceptable. The whole slut-virgin thing is not.
Whether you thought something here was implied is all on you because I don't see the implication you see there. It never states it's one or the other with no other possibilities. It just says x would be better than y.

Her poor taste in men and the way she is worried about her public appearance are part of what make her appear shallow to me. I also think you're taking the slut thing too literally when it was more of a hyperbole here. Though I guess I pretty much asked for it by expressing my distaste for her character in a mostly pro-narumi thread so whatever.
Apr 25, 2018 9:56 PM

Mar 2017
The last part was lit "you're hired" I'm crying xD
Apr 25, 2018 11:52 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Laionidas said:
Swiggy said:

I guess it does differ from person to person. When I'm with childhood friends (male and female), 'stupid' is probably the least we call eachother. I honestly can't imagine being offended that easily, especially not when it's coming from friends.
I do want to clarify that I meant: Whether someone is a childhood friend or not, if they approached me asking for a deeper relationship while calling me "stupid" even as a joke, I wouldn't be down.

But since you mentioned it, I do think that does apply for childhood friends or friends in general for me.

I guess for me it's a respect thing? I get absolutely no fun out of degrading my friends even as a joke because I just respect and love them so much in my own way. Most of my friends seem to go through so much already, mostly with others putting them down and/or them putting themselves down. I really don't want to add to that negativity and would rather add more positivity whenever I can. Their favorite anime and such, on the other hand, will get the works. And that's not to say that calling your friends degrading things means you don't respect them-- especially as a joke. I just don't joke like that myself.

As for my friends or anyone calling me degrading things even as a joke, I was eventually taught not to take that just out of respect for myself. My friends do try to slip in things like, "We're such trash". Nope nope. I am not the equivalent of the things I like and neither are you. (I swear I'm not a fun sucker who sucks the fun out of everything.)

More in relation to what I meant at first about those asking for a deeper relationship, I was also taught things like... if he can call you "stupid" now, imagine what he can call you when he's mad. Or, if he doesn't respect you now, what makes you think he'll respect you later? It's all fun and games at first, but when mad day comes around, it hurts. Yadda. (And boy oh boy, have I got stories in relation to this from just as recent as last night.)

But like I said before, what matters to some doesn't matter to others-- or what's okay differs from person to person. I might be cautious about entering a deeper relationship with a friend who calls me degrading things as a joke, but others might just laugh along or even do it right back without a problem. As long as they trust each other, then it's all good.

AND OF COURSE, I kinda doubt Hirotaka is going to give Narumi the beat down and really doubt there will be much of a problem at all. It was probably meant to be endearing. I also am totally not trying to imply that anyone who calls their friends degrading things is going to get the beat down either!;;
I'm just saying personally this would have been the first and last episode, but I'm glad not everyone is like me or else we'd be having a whole bunch of one shot episode anime. :U

( A lot omitted. Some things might not make sense anymore. Sorry in advance. )

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 26, 2018 1:58 AM

Jan 2014
@Swiggy

Ah, it wasn't clear to me that you were referring specifically to the instance of asking you for a deeper relationship. I can get behind that.

Regarding the endearing thing between Hirotaka and Narumi: I think it's a bit of a classical "lost in translation" thing too. "Baka" can carry a slightly different weight than "stupid".
- Mishima Hitomi
Apr 26, 2018 9:42 AM

Apr 2016
wtf is this, why is this rated anything? It's a shitty contrived plot that gets reused every season, the script is absolute garbage, the characters are unlikable. Is it because it has a few references you can recognize built in so you use that as an affirmation to feel good about yourself? This show is seriously garbage.
Apr 26, 2018 8:22 PM
Jul 2018
"Thus, the two otaku started dating."

I LOST IT.

YES I KNOW IT WAS A CONFESSION BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT "You're hired!" TO BE A REPLY TO THE CONFESSION
Apr 26, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
5layer said:
fukumenkei said:
you guys are disgusting.

what do you guys think your dicks are made off that a girl needs to "save her virginity" to deserve it?
dating doesn't make a girl a "shallow bitch" or a "slut". that's why guys like you are disgusting.
Apr 26, 2018 10:48 PM

Sep 2008
fukumenkei said:
5layer said:

what do you guys think your dicks are made off that a girl needs to "save her virginity" to deserve it?
dating doesn't make a girl a "shallow bitch" or a "slut". that's why guys like you are disgusting.
You missed the point. Go read my responses to Laionidas above. I'm not typing them out again.
Apr 27, 2018 1:04 AM

Mar 2012
5layer said:
fukumenkei said:

what do you guys think your dicks are made of that a girl needs to "save her virginity" to deserve it?
You missed the point. Go read my responses to Laionidas above. I'm not typing them out again.

i don't think i did, and i actually read what you wrote.
you said and i quote: "It just says x would be better than y." and you did directly quoted a post saying that you pretty much agree that it would be better if she was a virgin and not a "bad boy chasing slut".
it's not even implied, you directly agreed with that.
you should read what you wrote again, not me.

and i'm not pro narumi. i actually identify a lot with hirotaka and although i personally think she's a little annoying, the only thing i like about her is that she's an adult female character that actually feels like a real 26 y/o woman. okay, she does have poor taste in men and very little luck with relationships, but man, she's 26 and she's not and shouldn't be perfect.
Apr 27, 2018 2:53 AM

Sep 2008
fukumenkei said:

I never said dating makes someone shallow or a slut. Guess you didn't read it properly so here you go again:

5layer said:
Her poor taste in men and the way she is worried about her public appearance are part of what make her appear shallow to me. I also think you're taking the slut thing too literally when it was more of a hyperbole here.
Apr 27, 2018 5:10 AM

Feb 2010
As much as I love the protagonist's personality, I cannot stand her voice at all (have low tolerance for high pitch sounds), so I am probably going to drop the anime until they make an English dub (if ever). >.<
Apr 27, 2018 11:06 AM

Mar 2012
5layer said:
fukumenkei said:

I never said dating makes someone shallow or a slut. Guess you didn't read it properly so here you go again:

5layer said:
Her poor taste in men and the way she is worried about her public appearance are part of what make her appear shallow to me. I also think you're taking the slut thing too literally when it was more of a hyperbole here.

if you just think she's is shallow and don't agree with the rest of what that other guy was saying, maybe don't quote a post calling her a slut for not being a virgin saying that's "pretty much" it.
you can't blame us for understanding something that's exactly what is written.

i don't judge her bad taste but i do think she's a bit too worried about appearances, though.
Apr 28, 2018 12:06 PM

Feb 2017
I expected this to be 7/10 show about excessively painful otaku life. And I didn't expect it to be that good! What's more, Narumi is a likable main character! Otaku girls in anime I watch are usually annoying and/or dumb, so I'm happy. Besides, what a beautiful art! I love it, I really do.
May 2, 2018 11:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This show is darn right adorable.
Hiro's hand gestures at 20:45 part of the episode were so hilarious xD

I like that they mentioned Saekano's Megumi as well. Overall I enjoyed this episode and it will be a fun ride considering the main characters are otakus.
Momose's way of typing when Hiro asked why she wasn't finished with her work pretty much is related to me. I type so slow at night since my keyboard is loud when typing.

May 7, 2018 8:45 PM
May 2015
can anyone tell me how/ why katou chan makes an appearance? I thought she was only in sakeno. is it some kind of relation?
May 8, 2018 2:16 PM
Jan 2017
Meh so far this anime didnt seem so great. I feel really annoyed about the main girl. I mean in all honesty, is there still people beyond emo highschoolers, that hate being otakus? I mean come on it is who are, you dont have to be in evryone's ace about but atleast accept yourself for who you are.
May 9, 2018 1:18 PM
Jul 2016
I have read the earliest chapters in the manga, and the animation seems okay and resembles the manga a lot.

The story line in the first chapter is not bad, and had the right pace in it. A good thing, then.

I don't expect Narumi's voice will be like that, tho. I thought it will be more bass (did I spell that right?). It's not like I am the type of person who sees seiyuu before watching anime, so that's my fault to expect something. But the seiyuu did a really great job in funny scenes. I love to see more of her work!

The comedy is good (not that good), coz sometimes it was cringe-worthy.

Opening ...

OH MY GODDAMN PISS, ANIME VERSION OF TIC TOC.
(beside that fact, the song is good and so shoujo typically, and I will totally download it)
May 11, 2018 10:31 PM

Mar 2012
I wish female otakus wouldn't always be represented as fuojos *sigh*.
May 17, 2018 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
Whats with the slut shaming in this thread ew lol

This shows promising tho.
May 18, 2018 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
Ay... I didn't get bored! That means i'll binge until i get bored
May 18, 2018 10:31 AM

Jul 2012
This was a lot more entertaining than I thought it'd be. And what an interesting confession and reaction in the end, lol. Not really expecting the romance to go too far but hopefully I'm proven wrong. But otherwise, I'm sure the show will be a fun watch so I'm looking forward to that.
May 18, 2018 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
I super love episode 1!! I definitely need a Hirotaka in my life.
May 24, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2013
Honestly, I thought this was going to be cringey but everything was subtle. Even thr MC guy isn't that stereotypical tsundere but overly abusive character type.

Both characters are great and so far I like Narumi and Koyanagi the most.

I'm not feeling the OP yet but I might warm to it after some time and I think the ED is much better.
臭い-
May 26, 2018 2:47 PM

Apr 2014
this series is amazing i can already see why its so popular, not to mention when i first saw the name of this series i knew it would be interesting not to mention can relate to this series so much lol

though not gonna lie was worried for a bit when i saw Narumi acting like she didnt want people to know she was an otaku but so glad that got over with real quick

but yeah im already in love with this series, am gonna enjoy it
"one step at a time"
Aug 9, 2018 12:36 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely start of this series actually, always love these kind of settings and this one actually seems very impressive in terms of character and romance development!

So looking quite forwards to see what this series will have to offer! Loving that OP & ED!!
Aug 16, 2018 5:30 AM

Nov 2014
Well this was one of romcom that i expected this spring and i am totally loved it at first sight, after a long time at least i found something that relatable to my lifestyle.( young adult/adult life as a worker with games, animanga related hobbies/lifestyle, the differences are i dont have any romance thing in my life lol).

the comedic and light romance approach in it was really good, and somehow it feels hit the jackpot while combining it with "otaku" lifestyle in adult life. I'll be expecting more of greatness in following eps.

ps. daym gintoki x tsukuyo ( kabakura x hanako) make a great impact in this series
Aug 22, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2012
okay yeah this was a solid first episode, so much chemistry already and love the humor... As others have already said, its not get a romance with adults, can't too excited with it only being one episode but I have high hopes with this one!
Sep 7, 2018 2:31 PM

Sep 2011
Nice start. I might end up liking this. Also, nice Megumi cameo.

Oct 12, 2018 1:56 PM

Apr 2018
hahaha I laughed so hard when she said "goddamn"
Dec 17, 2018 2:30 PM
Dec 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw is out for download (nyaa)

The first episode did its job at highlighting the workpalce and there's a lighthearted atmosphere. The working folks there all have different personalities but it's really fun to watch thanks to their character chemistry. Narumi is definitely my favorite character so far with her knowledge about different genres and just the way she reacts to certain situations.

The way she bonds with others is very fun to see. The comedy so far looks to be similar to the manga so that's also a plus. There's also other references including Saekano lol (pretty sure we'll see other series by A-1 making cameos). I'm not sure how to feel about the animation quality yet as it feels so-so. Still, an very entertaining episode.

How in the world you was able to see all these things in this single episode? I've just seen a boring episode about another copy-pasted "what if a bunch of generic teenagers were adults" anime.

Mywifesson said:
wtf is this, why is this rated anything? It's a shitty contrived plot that gets reused every season, the script is absolute garbage, the characters are unlikable. Is it because it has a few references you can recognize built in so you use that as an affirmation to feel good about yourself? This show is seriously garbage.

Exactly, glad to see someone sharing the same feeling of mine about this show

5layer said:
fukumenkei said:

Are you guys seriously debating about a fictional character being virgin or not? What's your problem? Also, 2 relationships by the age of 26 is nothing, nowadays a real life girl by the age of 26 has already gone through 50-100 relationships on average. If a girl tell you she had 100 mans you're gonna die shocked I guess?
AlbiouneDec 17, 2018 2:51 PM
Dec 24, 2018 10:28 AM
Jun 2016
I have never seen anyone confess like that before 😂
Jan 3, 2019 1:49 AM

May 2013
"GODDAMMIT!"

Getchu a mans who says he'll farm for you ;D ;D ahhahahaha~ xD

I'm so in love with this anime already omggggggggg.
Love IS hard for an otaku *le sigh* I just want my 3D bf to be like my 2D bf's... is that too much to ask for? (yes... impossible, actually) ;P heheheh
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.