Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 18, 2018 11:32 AM

Feb 2009
Vyzass said:
Manga reader, how many more episodes until Kaneki regain his memory?

Judging from opening and pacing I would risk and say...

But that's only my prediction :P
Apr 18, 2018 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
This episode wasn't too bad. The whole purpose was to connect the audience with the characters and set up for the episodes to come.

Next ep is going to be great setting the plot in motion.
Apr 18, 2018 11:47 AM

Jun 2017
The only reason I am watching Tokyo ghoul is Saiko...
mhkrApr 18, 2018 11:51 AM
Apr 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
I am glad Saiko will carry this until Kaneki regains his memories.

Edit: Nutcracker is gorgeous tho, at least she is getting a bit more screentime (which is well deserved) than in the manga.
Apr 18, 2018 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
Hey at least they acknowledged that the season 2 original ending was terrible and pretended that it never happened,

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonApr 21, 2018 8:04 AM
Apr 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Apr 2012
I like this Kaneki so much better.
Apr 18, 2018 1:08 PM

Mar 2016
I'm just gonna say the following. This season of Tokyo Ghoul is not only the best 'til now but is also doing a better job than the manga ever did in my opinion. It's pretty fast paced and I'm not a big fan of fast paced shows (those are usually the worst), but it's cutting a lot of unnecessary stuff out and I'm glad with that!

Big Madame was introduce this episode, which means that Juuzou's backstory isn't that far away. That one scene gives me chills every time I think of it.

The clown seem to appear next episode too. That's great. In case you dono't know, the clowns

And... I don't think there's nothing more... I think... hmmm....
azertz99Apr 18, 2018 1:11 PM
Apr 18, 2018 1:19 PM

Mar 2016
ciastos said:
Vyzass said:

Apr 18, 2018 1:58 PM

Jan 2015
The adaptation of this season is good, I guess.
Hopefully this season isn't like the previous.
I'm a bit confused about Tsukiyama's status.
Apr 18, 2018 5:00 PM
Jun 2016
Best part was definitely in the club!
Apr 19, 2018 1:57 AM

Jan 2018
Haven't read the manga.
- Inb4 Saiko is some combat maniac who reks everybody in her sight.
Apr 19, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2015
Hinami <33333!! The next episodes should be pretty good if they don't butcher the chapter too much. Nutcracker arc was actually pretty awesome.
~
Apr 19, 2018 3:19 AM

Dec 2012
Oh...... ETO YAY!

Apr 19, 2018 4:24 AM
Mar 2012
Why TG takes pantsu so seriously. Master Shu aint dead yet & everyone's looking for Kaneki including the audience.
Saiko finally working, lol time management. She's like Umaru.
Why's Juuzo's hair black now??? bring back the edgy white.
Some quality traps everywhere. It was more a surprise Toru was guy i found earlier episode. Juuzo awesome a bit like Rory, and Haise surprisingly... natural.
Apr 19, 2018 5:10 AM
Oct 2017
urie-kun become urine-kun, annoying af
Apr 19, 2018 5:13 AM

Nov 2017
Got to see Juuzou for the first time, looks great.
Apr 19, 2018 6:24 AM
Apr 2018
Where can I watch this episode
Apr 19, 2018 7:24 AM
Jan 2016
Hahaha, I don't know the real criteria to be a Quinx member but every member in the squad doesn't really look competent for me, look at how Saiko, Shirazu, and drunk-Mutsuki dance like crazy at the pub hahaha. But, I do believe they will get stronger in the future. Wow, everytime I watch each eps of Re, my memories about season 1 and 2 were flowing again...poor Tsukiyama, Shinomura.
Apr 19, 2018 8:12 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
incognito mission in the disco? Impossible, was hilarious!!! lol
Apr 19, 2018 10:51 AM
Mar 2016
Ok, so if Hasei sasaki ever finds out that he is Kaneki what will happen next??????

A. Be Kaneki a kick those investigators asses.

B. Stay as Hasei and continue working as an investigator.

C. Run away a leave everything behind.

Ok,for a kid Saiko has quite some boobs there.
Apr 19, 2018 11:44 AM
Nov 2015
People saying they skipped a lot when all they did was skip Saiko's backstory tbh - Which was pretty important, but oh well. They've also skipped some Kanae stuff but I think that'll be covered later in the season.

I'm actually pretty happy with the adaptation so far, bar like, one or two gripes (no Haise crying alone in his room,no Saiko backstory yet). They're putting in some of the symbolism from the Manga, and I'm actually pretty excited to see the auction kick off.
Apr 19, 2018 12:13 PM

Aug 2013
Does anyone knows what the title of the OST near the end of episode 3 just before the ED song.
Apr 19, 2018 12:19 PM
Jan 2018
I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I'm not a manga reader so I don't have the source material to base my opinion off of. For me, this is the best tokyo ghoul season yet.
Apr 19, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2014
Alright building up ep. Yeah, it's gonna be fun to see how Haise (Kaneki) is going to react once the memoirs are intact. About time Saiko got her ass out of the bed. I knew she was the funny and lazy one, so it's nice to see her personality.

Lovely to see them in woman clothes. Ofc they made Haise look best women clothes, and the cutest, but Ginshi-san and Toru looked good too. Especially I liked Ginshi-san's new hairstyle. Haven't seen that and it suits him. Their victory dance were hilarious too. xD

There were many details I didn't understand much of. I think it would have been wise if shitty Clown had made a remake ep. about the most important point from the two previous season for those who actually don't read the manga. But oh well.The camera woman look very like Hina-chan. I wonder if it's here grown-up? Plz don't tell me. :)

I also wonder when Urie will break and get overpowered by the ghoul inside him now that he have leveled up without anyone in the group knowing. I can assume drama will be made and he won't be able to control the power. ^^

Nice to see Juuzo Suzuya (or Rei Suzuya) back in the series. I be damn, he have dyed his hair black. Suits him much more. I love his careless personality. It make the series much more enjoyable by having him there. xD
Overall, good and nice building, though some scenes were confusing since my memories about this series is very fuzzy.

Apr 19, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2014
yonamitsuha said:
Where can I watch this episode

If you mean online you can always find it on kissanime. If you want it as a torrent use nyaa.si. Thank me later. ;)
Apr 19, 2018 2:21 PM
Dec 2017
tottobennington said:
Vyzass said:

If i remember correctly this episode adapted up to ch 16 or 17 & if i'm not wrong

[SPOILER ALERT - Spoiler down below!]

Sasaki regains his memories in ch 52~54.

Judging the OP i think that they'll try to adapt up to that.

yeah i can see him getting his memory back in the last episode cliff hanger :D
Apr 19, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2010
After this episode THICC loli became my new favourite character, she's soooo precious!

I wish I could be half as lady-like as crossdressing Haise ;_;
Apr 20, 2018 4:05 AM

Feb 2009
NEETazertyY said:
ciastos said:

Yes it is.
Apr 20, 2018 6:47 AM

Feb 2011
RUSHED. tigiytgiytg

Apr 20, 2018 11:41 AM

Jul 2016
Better than previous episode. Juzo appearance, like the new chara design. Next auction arc.

Apr 20, 2018 12:12 PM
Oct 2007
I'm guessing Haisei is going to recall his memory one way or another and Urie will replace him. A confrontation is highly likely possible!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 1:08 PM

Dec 2017
I already like this season better than both of the previous ones, can't wait to see Juuzo's backstory and the action in the next episode is gonna be good!! (I hope it is)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 1:24 PM

Jan 2008
Can someone tell me again why are they risking units to disguise themselves as girls to infiltrate the auction when the majority of them are just going to swarm the place? Considering Washu was seriously intending Toru to go alone and even adding that Toru can't take his quinque, he was pretty much going to have him die without any benefit towards what's to come.
Apr 20, 2018 1:49 PM

Apr 2018
Paul said:
Can someone tell me again why are they risking units to disguise themselves as girls to infiltrate the auction when the majority of them are just going to swarm the place? Considering Washu was seriously intending Toru to go alone and even adding that Toru can't take his quinque, he was pretty much going to have him die without any benefit towards what's to come.

Well, it's obvious that Washu Matsuri doesn't care about that, for him everyone is just a tool he can use.
Apr 20, 2018 2:14 PM

Jan 2008
s6Official said:
Paul said:

Well, it's obvious that Washu Matsuri doesn't care about that, for him everyone is just a tool he can use.

Washu is mentioned to be the kind of person who doesn't mind sending some people to their deaths but with them calling him the 'brain' of division 2, there's no way he won't at least use them without trying to get results. For seeing them as a 'tool', trying to send Toru in alone isn't much fixing anything.
Apr 20, 2018 4:04 PM

Apr 2018
Paul said:

Washu is mentioned to be the kind of person who doesn't mind sending some people to their deaths but with them calling him the 'brain' of division 2, there's no way he won't at least use them without trying to get results. For seeing them as a 'tool', trying to send Toru in alone isn't much fixing anything.

Well if you think he's just going to use the Quinks you're wrong, his Squad -S2- is going
to participate in The Auction Raid too, in addition, he asks Akira Mado, Take Hirako, and Nobu
Shimoguchi to be part of the S2 Squad and be prepared for the upcoming operation.

You said that they are risking units to disguise themselves as girls to infiltrate the auction,
That's not true, it supposes to be only Toru who is going to infiltrate the auctions as a girl but Suzuya
saved the moment and said that he is going to infiltrate the auction with Toru which I think that was the right
move if Toru was in danger he absolutely will die because he doesn't have a Quinque and he can't use his
Kagune right as good as Urie and Shirazu do, which also Suzuya will not have his Quinque too so that's a problem.

In the end, Toru and Suzuya are just a bait in this operation so The CCG can surround them and do whatever they want to do.
Apr 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Aug 2017
Another rushed episode. Well, at least some parts were funny. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 20, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
s6Official said:
Paul said:

Well if you think he's just going to use the Quinks you're wrong, his Squad -S2- is going
to participate in The Auction Raid too, in addition, he asks Akira Mado, Take Hirako, and Nobu
Shimoguchi to be part of the S2 Squad and be prepared for the upcoming operation.

You said that they are risking units to disguise themselves as girls to infiltrate the auction,
That's not true, it supposes to be only Toru who is going to infiltrate the auctions as a girl but Suzuya
saved the moment and said that he is going to infiltrate the auction with Toru which I think that was the right
move if Toru was in danger he absolutely will die because he doesn't have a Quinque and he can't use his
Kagune right as good as Urie and Shirazu do, which also Suzuya will not have his Quinque too so that's a problem.

In the end, Toru and Suzuya are just a bait in this operation so The CCG can surround them and do whatever they want to do.

You're basically just repeating what I said already.

The point is, why do they need to use anyone as bait when they already have as many people for this mission as they do. There is no need for a decoy to surround them when all the bigshots will have their attention to the auction. I highly doubt Toru and Juzo would have been the only ones being sold.
Apr 20, 2018 5:06 PM
Oct 2016
So I've been looking around at general viewer approval ratings of the first three episodes, and everyone seems to like it.

I'm having a hard time understanding that.

Second season aside, because despite some cool action scenes it was very hectic and hard to follow and not cannon, I feel like :re is completely bastardizing what tokyo ghoul is supposed to be (the anime at least. can't speak to the manga)

Allow me to explain myself. The first season of Tokyo Ghoul is largely free of anime tropes. Even the tropes it uses it twists (you could compare kaneki turning ghoul to say, the AOT 'i've become what I hate' trope, but kaneki is more afraid and terrified of loosing his way of life as opposed to having a vendetta). My point: I never rolled my eyes at anything in the first season. Intense scenes where intense. Dramatic scenes where dramatic. Scenes where the characters get to know each other weren't silly or cheesy, but relateable and wholesome. You met and learned about each character in a way that got you invested in them. On top of all this was a layer of grit that defined the series.

Now we have :re. I can describe the overall tone easily: Where season 1 was gritty, season 3 is glossy. And the tropes are everywhere. Why? Why is there a loli neet eating ice cream and hiding in her room and stealing ham in tokyo ghoul? Why are the characters cross dressing and dancing for what I can only assume is comic relief? Relief from what?

I won't continue to list off all the problems I have because I think you get the point of where my heads at.

Now I ask, very humbly and honestly... why does everyone think this is so good? Why is everyone on board with this depiction of tokyo ghoul that makes it seem like any other generic anime? I'm truly curious, and I respect the opinion of those who like it. I just want to understand.
Apr 20, 2018 5:15 PM

Apr 2018
Paul said:

The point is, why do they need to use anyone as bait when they already have as many people for this mission as they do. There is no need for a decoy to surround them when all the big shots will have their attention to the auction. I highly doubt Toru and Juzo would have been the only ones being sold.

OK, firstly I don't think that Washuu Matsuri likes the idea of the Quinks.
Why did Washuu Matsuri was trying to send Toru alone? it's because that the enemies would drop their guards
and the CCG attacks from inside.

What do you mean they don't need a decoy to surround them? =S
you said that the enemies have many people as the CCG has, so the CCG cannot just say
hello and start attacking from outside that's just stupidity.

In this auction, they are selling extraordinary humans -famous people and all kind of people- which they are in the end "civilians". After all, this is really a big mission, in the first place what made things or this investigation bigger that the Nutcracker has connections with Big Madam and Big Madam has connections with the Aogiri.

that's why the division two entered the investigation as Mado Akira said in this episode or maybe in episode 2
sorry I don't remember clearly.

The main Two Goals for the CCG are:-

• Extermination of the ghouls inside the Auction. In particular, Big Madam has high priority.
  • Rescue of the civilians.
s6OfficialApr 20, 2018 5:21 PM
Apr 20, 2018 5:44 PM

Jan 2008
s6Official said:
Paul said:

The point is, why do they need to use anyone as bait when they already have as many people for this mission as they do. There is no need for a decoy to surround them when all the big shots will have their attention to the auction. I highly doubt Toru and Juzo would have been the only ones being sold.

OK, firstly I don't think that Washuu Matsuri likes the idea of the Quinks.
Why did Washuu Matsuri was trying to send Toru alone? it's because that the enemies would drop their guards
and the CCG attacks from inside.

What do you mean they don't need a decoy to surround them? =S
you said that the enemies have many people as the CCG has, so the CCG cannot just say
hello and start attacking from outside that's just stupidity.

In this auction, they are selling extraordinary humans -famous people and all kind of people- which they are in the end "civilians". After all, this is really a big mission, in the first place what made things or this investigation bigger that the Nutcracker has connections with Big Madam and Big Madam has connections with the Aogiri.

that's why the division two entered the investigation as Mado Akira said in this episode or maybe in episode 2
sorry I don't remember clearly.

The main Two Goals for the CCG are:-

• Extermination of the ghouls inside the Auction. In particular, Big Madam has high priority.
  • Rescue of the civilians.

They can't attack from inside, neither of them are armed. Juzo can probably handle surviving because hes strong but Toru would be dead if not a main character.

What I mean they don't need their own people to act as decoys is because the so called auctioned civilians are the distraction.

I never said anything about the amount of enemies. The only time I mentioned anything about quantity is the CCG forces. The ghouls being secluded into a building because of this auction, the CCG shouldn't have a problem surrounding the building. Surviving is another matter.

Apr 20, 2018 6:10 PM

Apr 2018
Paul said:

They can't attack from inside, neither of them are armed. Juzo can probably handle surviving because hes strong but Toru would be dead if not a main character.

What I mean they don't need their own people to act as decoys is because the so called auctioned civilians are the distraction.

I never said anything about the amount of enemies. The only time I mentioned anything about quantity is the CCG forces. The ghouls being secluded into a building because of this auction, the CCG shouldn't have a problem surrounding the building. Surviving is another matter.

From what you are saying, are you telling me that they don't have to use a bait as a distraction? =$
civilians are not a distraction, the distraction is going to be when Suzuya do something inside maybe
he's going to open the attack or something else happen and that when the Ayato team "Aogiri"
is going to go and protect Big Madam, and then the CCG will grab that chance and start attacking from outside.

THANKS FOR DISCUSSING WITH ME BECAUSE I'AM SO BORED! xD
s6OfficialApr 20, 2018 6:15 PM
Apr 20, 2018 6:25 PM

Jan 2008
s6Official said:
Paul said:

From what you are saying, are you telling me that they don't have to use a bait as a distraction? =$
civilians are not a distraction, the distraction is going to be when Suzuya do something inside maybe
he's going to open the attack or something else happen and that when the Ayato team "Aogiri"
is going to go and protect Big Madam, and then the CCG will grab that chance and start attacking from outside.

THANKS FOR DISCUSSING WITH ME BECAUSE I'AM SO BORED! xD

The ghouls with their attention on the civilians would be enough of a distraction. Juzo revealing himself in the middle of the auction would cause a ruckus but that is basically telling everyone at the auction that this is a trap. This kind of defeats the purpose of a surprise attack.

And no problem, this episode thread is more inactive than I expected. Guess I should have watched the episode when it came out when everyone else was.
Apr 20, 2018 8:43 PM

Apr 2018
Paul said:

The ghouls with their attention on the civilians would be enough of a distraction. Juzo revealing himself in the middle of the auction would cause a ruckus but that is basically telling everyone at the auction that this is a trap. This kind of defeats the purpose of a surprise attack.

And no problem, this episode thread is more inactive than I expected. Guess I should have watched the episode when it came out when everyone else was.

THAT'S THE POINT!

What CCG trying to do is distract the ghouls who are protecting this place
not the normal ghouls whose here just for trying to buy stuff in the auction.

This is a big event for Rich Ghouls so the group who's in charge of this event is aware of the fact
they should be very careful so that's why you see BIG MADAM asking the AOIGIRI to bodyguard her if anything
happens because she is one of the biggest WANTED ghouls in the CCG!

Actually, there aren't too many comments about this episode like the previous two episodes
maybe because it was just a build-up episode for THE AUCTION ARC.

Apr 21, 2018 12:35 AM
Oct 2015
I dont get on here very often, i don't watch too much anime, so i'm not sure if this means anything, but it feels like the shows somehow lost a lot of what it was, i originally started watching and finished watching this show because it felt brutal and emotional, now it kind of just feels like fluff.

I really hope the rest of the season isn't the same as these 3 episodes have been. They're not bad, but just not what i'm looking for.
Apr 21, 2018 3:22 AM

Sep 2008
I just can't bring myself to care about almost anyone in this show.

What little we see of the old team is what makes me happy, the new guys are just boring and uninteresting.

But based on the rating, that's probably just me :)
Apr 21, 2018 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Just bring the old badass Kaneki back please
Apr 21, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2018
nina4life said:
I just can't bring myself to care about almost anyone in this show.

What little we see of the old team is what makes me happy, the new guys are just boring and uninteresting.

But based on the rating, that's probably just me :)

It's okay! there is a lot of people like you and I can't blame you but I'm sure you'll get what
you want in the rest of the anime, personally, I read the manga WEEKLY from chapter 1 I was so excited
about the idea of Kaneki losing his memories because I was so curious to see how he will regain his memories back.
So I don't know how you feel about that =$
Apr 21, 2018 11:07 AM
Oct 2016
gophercg said:
Why TG takes pantsu so seriously. Master Shu aint dead yet & everyone's looking for Kaneki including the audience.
Saiko finally working, lol time management. She's like Umaru.
Why's Juuzo's hair black now??? bring back the edgy white.
Some quality traps everywhere. It was more a surprise Toru was guy i found earlier episode. Juuzo awesome a bit like Rory, and Haise surprisingly... natural.

Juuzo has black hair now because his personality is not the same as the first season. Sui Ishida (the mangaka of the series) loves to change the color of the characters at the same time that their personality has changed. Now Juuzo is not the savage psycho killer that anime watchers used to know, he still a beast, but now not psycho due to the comatose state of Shinohara.
Apr 21, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2013
Yep, my gaydar is blinking hard and that's definitely Tsukyama Shuu sniffing Saise Ken's underpants. Fucking pervert. I love it. I hope you sniffed it real good you lecherous fiend.

The comedy in this series is so fucking lame but you can find a lot of hilarity in many aspects in the show aside from its jokes that always fall flat.

It's Juuzo with black hair!

There's always some cross-dressing in Anime and manga. Even one of the greatest manga and Anime series of all time, Monster, had it. However, Saise Ken looks great as a girl.

臭い-
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.