Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2018 11:33 PM

Mar 2016
Meh OP foreshadowed but I preferred the Game's opening over it.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Apr 18, 2018 11:42 PM

Feb 2014
So does that mean the Kurisu we saw in the beginning of the first episode is Amadeus in an android body or something?
Pretty good episode overall. Liked it much more than the first.

And that Engrish of Okabe immediately reminded me of this
Apr 18, 2018 11:46 PM

Jan 2017
HaXXspetten said:
The only negative thing I'd have to say about this is that waiting a full week for every episode for the next 6 months is going to be rather painful

Same.
The OP was awesome! Seeing Okabe talking to Amadeus-Kurisu was so sad.

“People may gain strength through doing things for the sake of another. But the one thing that will always ring true... whatever you do, never make it an excuse that you are doing it for the sake of another.” - Xerxes Break

Apr 18, 2018 11:47 PM

Mar 2016
Vhailor said:
So does that mean the Kurisu we saw in the beginning of the first episode is Amadeus in an android body or something?

Kurisu in the beginning of the first episode? Uhm...she didn't appear in the first episode except in Okabe's mind.
Apr 19, 2018 12:00 AM

May 2012
I wonder if Okabe's going to use the "My Fork" card on her, and if he does, I wonder what kind of information they'd be talking about. That'd be interesting :)
Apr 19, 2018 12:00 AM

Feb 2014
Judgment526 said:
Vhailor said:

Kurisu in the beginning of the first episode? Uhm...she didn't appear in the first episode except in Okabe's mind.

I was taking about the girl from the opening scene, who looks pretty similar to Kurisu.

Apr 19, 2018 12:03 AM

Dec 2014
well bringing back kurisu like that... I was not expecting that
Apr 19, 2018 12:07 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
HaXXspetten said:
The only negative thing I'd have to say about this is that waiting a full week for every episode for the next 6 months is going to be rather painful

This. I was thinking this exact thing. This must've been what it felt like when the original was on.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Apr 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Nov 2015
Dark-Scorpion said:
Some S;G Movie References in there (first image)

Only two episodes and is going great, First 3 hours from the VN Adapted Also Liked how they added some Flashblacks

Nah, the first one is pretty much taken from the VN OP. About the third one, I don't think it refers to the Alpha world line, it's obviously about this (Beta) world line, especially that Kurisu is not in that pic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 12:13 AM

Jun 2017

This is getting way too good. I think it's safe to say that SG0 is already my fav anime in recent years. I just hope nobody spoils it for me. Maybe I should play the VN...
Signature.
Apr 19, 2018 12:16 AM

Mar 2016
Vhailor said:
Judgment526 said:

I was taking about the girl from the opening scene, who looks pretty similar to Kurisu.

That's actually an entirely different character, but that's all I'll say for now.
Apr 19, 2018 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

They are closely adapting the Epigraph novels, which is going great so far, and the op and this episode pretty much confirmed which arc they are going to cover first
[ spoiler] Mayuri's Vega and Altair [/spoiler]
Prepare to see more Kurisutina.

That's the second time I've heard of these "Epigraph novels". Is it something I should know about?

It is basically similar to the 0 VN, but it was released before the VN at I think 2011. It is not something you need to know as the anime will cover the novel with some VN moments.

For me, since I have read parts of the novel, I go AHA at some parts because they weren't included in the VN like the very first scene in S;G0 episode 1.
But if you played the VN or have an idea, then you don't really need to know about it, but if you are curious, go right ahead, nothing to lose.
Apr 19, 2018 12:37 AM
Jul 2016
In case anyone is interested in playing it, apparently the Steins;Gate 0 VN is being released on Steam on May 8.
Apr 19, 2018 12:40 AM
May 2016
Going to be honest, felt sad for the first series, but didn't super get close to crying. BUT this series is just so emotional, and they display it so well, the voice acting is ace and just so worth being emotional over. You can see Okabe's feelings so clearly on his face, and that "Christina" moment just the sweetest moment, yet probably really awkward for Okabe, but shows how natural it has become for him to be that Mad Scientist
Apr 19, 2018 12:58 AM

Nov 2016
FireCrauter said:

One of the best bits of the episode

What does it mean? I do not find the double meaning

If you read the VN you'll know.

"Where are the Japanese shaman girls, Lintahlo?"
Apr 19, 2018 1:47 AM

Jan 2018
Preparing for Heartbreak.
I think I have to play the VN when it comes out on Steam, because I can't wait for 9873 months to know how this turns out
Apr 19, 2018 2:03 AM

Mar 2010
great episode
as far as someone explained this, this is not an alternative route but the story of the original Okabe that didn't manage to save Kurisu and devised the plan to save her in the end.
this kind of punched holes on the story of the previous Steins;Gate because here we are presented with the product of her death, witch means she nows must die in order for him to plot the saving plan, well guess they can make them belive they are making amadeus from the death Kurisu.
there are some questions that stayed open in the previos season.
-Like how he and Mayuri ended up in a prehistorical age but Mayuri still disappered
-why Suzuha thought Kurisu is the one reponsable for her future, maybe amadeus will get a body ?
-how he actually saved Kurisu

at this point I think the only thing that will impulse him to change things is if Mayuri were to die

PS
I think I will read the VN ones this is over, if I still feel like it.
LF2005Apr 19, 2018 2:22 AM
Apr 19, 2018 2:13 AM

Jul 2016
Fikry-senpai said:
anyone have an idea where can I watch/play Steins;gate 0 for pc and english version? This steins;gate thing make me can't sleep because wondering what will happen next.

i will give you the link
just personal meesage me if u wish

LF2005 said:
great episode
as far as someone explained this, this is not an alternative route but the story of the original Okabe that didn't manage to save Kurisu and devised the plan to save her in the end.
this kind of punched holes on the story of the previous Steins;Gate because here we are presented with the product of her death, witch means she nows must die in order for him to plot the saving plan, well guess they can make them belive they are making amadeus from the death Kurisu.
there are some questions that stayed open in the previos season.
-Like how he and Mayuri ended up in a prehistorical age but Mayuri still disappered
-why Suzuha thought Kurisu is the one reponsable for here future, maybe amadeus will get a body ?
-how he actually saved Kurisu

at this point I think the only thing that will impulse him to change things is if Mayuri were to die

PS
I think I will read the VN ones this is over, if I still feel like it.

All the answer will be answered if they stay faithful to the VN, i guarantee it
Apr 19, 2018 2:40 AM
Oct 2015
Kurisu is sort of back, along with the rather emotion invoking episode, I'm curious how it'll all play out from here.
The opening was lit, it is at the moment one of my favorites for this season as for the mostly English opening it was alright but the visuals for both were stunning.
Heckle was here...
Apr 19, 2018 2:49 AM

Feb 2018
HyperL said:
@A_Haiku_Unloose

Btw, you still skeptical about the AI stuff from what you've seen here?

I have just decided to ignore the science completely, I have accepted what they are saying, so I'm fine now. :D At least about that part.
Apr 19, 2018 4:04 AM

Jul 2016
Just how I love the original steins;gate, Okabe reminiscing her memories with Kurisu is so heartbreaking. Haven't read S;G0 vn, I'm only familiar with the epigraph manga(haven't finished only the translated chaps), seeing Okabe meeting Kurisu Amadeus even for a second time still gave me damn feels.

Japanese bow...Linthalo... xD can't wait for more Alexis Leskimemes

Damn that OP visual was lit, Okabe chasing Kurisu is my favorite part from it, while on the ED, its the many laughing Okabe madness.
Apr 19, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
wonderful, already far more good than the most airing anime this season

first time seeing Christina and she's being all good and nice, I was like, "nope, this isn't my christina", and then the last scene happen and I was like " Yep, this is my Christina" xD
Apr 19, 2018 4:25 AM

Apr 2016
Man that op and ed is great . I got a feeling this gonna be a depressing series . I got a goosebumps when I see Kurisssssstina again .
"Mountains, beings, and nature's laws are bound by an arrangement, and within it, we live." -Mushishi Zoku Shou Suzu No Shizuku
Apr 19, 2018 5:09 AM
Feb 2017
When Mayushi said "Christmas Party!"

"KURISUmasu party!"

Apr 19, 2018 5:12 AM

May 2013
I'm glad im watching this weekly (makes me regret not watching the first steins;gate when it was airing)
Definitely some déjà vu from this episode, with the flashbacks and interactions with Amadeus.
Can't wait for next week episode!
Apr 19, 2018 5:31 AM

Aug 2015
"Kurisutina!!!"
OMG... I laughed yet crying at the same time... So nostalgic... TwT

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 19, 2018 6:04 AM

Nov 2015
ButtSlapper said:
this is what the real virtual youtuber is and just proves that kizuna ai is a fake one.
LOL I knew she was a fake one even before the channel got popular.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 19, 2018 6:18 AM

Apr 2015
Is it weird that I've been crying in every Steins;Gate episode since ep. 10 or sth like that?
Apr 19, 2018 6:25 AM

Jul 2013
That final scene thought, damn right in the kokoro

Apr 19, 2018 7:49 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
How could the foreigner understand Okabe in the first place? not only that but speaking it kid of natively! is another faker?
The opening is as flashy as ever, man, those were probably the strongest shivers I've even gotten from hearing a song, I'm super excited.
The extreme comedy is here as well, man, I'm loving this. but also, the feels just couldn't be absent as well, I'm deeply invested in watching this, I'm reminded of the thrill of the first season, and I was another masterpiece to praise.
Apr 19, 2018 7:58 AM
Aug 2016
TrueKireiPriest said:
kikiabdull said:
I watch too much Seitokai Yakuindomo, I always see Suzu in Maho. They're both smart and small XD

Rejoice, boy

The rejoicing will only begin when I see this show drop below a 8.0 on MAL.
Till then I suggest you either join me on my crusade, or stay out of my way child.

Keep dreaming. The Steins;Gate movie has a score of 8.58, and it wasn't even that great. Steins;Gate 0 will probably never drop below 9.10.
VinnyLamApr 19, 2018 8:01 AM
Apr 19, 2018 8:05 AM

May 2011
I'm really enjoying this show so far.

op and end are amazing
Apr 19, 2018 8:24 AM

Jan 2018
10/10 so far. I hope it'll stay like this.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 19, 2018 8:33 AM
Jun 2016
I haven't played the VN but I definitely really liked the episode- I'm an emotional soul so I cried a bit when Okabe first saw Makise and stuff 'cos seeing his anguish made me really sad too, but definitely looking forward to seeing more of their interactions!! <3
Apr 19, 2018 8:41 AM

Sep 2012
First episode was rather weak for me but this one feels like proper Steins ^^
Putting on-hold to watch after all episodes are out and have fun of my life with them xD
Apr 19, 2018 8:53 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Mickdrew said:
Leskinen's Engrish is so fucking hilarious
I love this bastard. He needs to become a meme
Welcome to the subreddit dedicated to Leskinen: https://www.reddit.com/r/JapaneseShamanGirls/
Apr 19, 2018 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
Raised my expectations way too high for this, but it somehow reached it and went above and beyond :)

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 19, 2018 9:07 AM

Jul 2016
THIS MAKES ME SO EMOTIONAL

The episode itself is not emotional but but BUUUT when you kinda know how the story will progress somehow.....it hurts so much I think I will shed a tear or two for every episode
*under construction*
Apr 19, 2018 9:48 AM

May 2015
I think I'll enjoy this season more than the previous one
At first I was skeptical about the whole idea of a new season, cause everything seemed very much finished without the need of any additional stories, but it actually makes sense. And I am indeed interested in what happened in this world where Okabe decided not to save Kurisu and how he became the one who sends the video to himself. Also I anticipate the construction of a time machine. So far it always only conveniently appeared in front of Okabe and we haven't actually seen how they made it.
Oh, and the characters had grown on me after all.
Apr 19, 2018 10:16 AM

Jul 2016
Excerent!

So, Kurisutina is a bot, ok. Kizuna AI ensues.
Around the gif~
"It's a big mistake to think you're the only one who can turn into a car"
- Shiori Takatsuki
Apr 19, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2016
Pacing seems a bit fast in some scenes and some (minor) details from VN are skipped over. But maybe we'll get explanation to these later. Still a very strong start and much better than I expected.

Maho is best girl <3
Apr 19, 2018 10:56 AM
May 2011
Arzi_89 said:
Pacing seems a bit fast in some scenes and some (minor) details from VN are skipped over. But maybe we'll get explanation to these later. Still a very strong start and much better than I expected.

Maho is best girl <3

judging how they adapt the Original S;G i dont think they will explain the details like that, but as the story progress, we must understand ourself about the development and/or its interpretations. they going to merge the route, to squeeze it.
sounds like disaster? fortunately the VA Mamoru Miyanio said it still gonna be good and going to surprise the audience in a good way.
i also hope the VA not being sarcastic or satire
Apr 19, 2018 11:25 AM
Mar 2015
Very painful watching our hero talk to the AI who looks like the woman he loved but did not save
Apr 19, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
This is so damn intriguing! what's going on? what's gonna happen? how will he end up being the one on ep 22 (?) when he forced himself to go save Kuristina etc, as much as I want spoilers, this is one anime I don't want to get spoiled on, finally some good fucking story.
I need a time machine, El Psy Congroo....
Apr 19, 2018 11:27 AM
Dec 2017
Nice ED, binds well to the theory that
Apr 19, 2018 11:36 AM
May 2011
-Stray said:
This is so damn intriguing! what's going on? what's gonna happen? how will he end up being the one on ep 22 (?) when he forced himself to go save Kuristina etc, as much as I want spoilers, this is one anime I don't want to get spoiled on, finally some good fucking story.
I need a time machine, El Psy Congroo....

Did you watch the Episode 23 Beta ?
MyPenApr 19, 2018 11:46 AM
Apr 19, 2018 12:04 PM

Sep 2016
I just noticed that Kurisu's seiyuu is so awful and unfitting
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 19, 2018 12:21 PM

Apr 2015
GangsterCat said:

Because of the 8 years difference. Apparently she is 40 years old in 0 and 32 in the original.
Apr 19, 2018 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Aaaaannnnndddd she's back! Well, not quite, but it's still something - I've missed her. I'm glad that we're getting to know new characters more and from what I've seen it seems like Maho was really close to Kurisu (these tears...). Also, teasing Christina is awesome.
We're also getting to see how Okabe behaves - he' really devastated and I think that deeply inside he's broken to some extent. It's sad to see him being so hesitant and shocked, but hey, it's not the first time that he's like that. At least we know that there will be a happy ending - well, perhaps not fully, but still.
I've to say, that both the OP and ED are nice, but I honestly think that the OP is slightly better.
Well, now only to wait another week for another episode!
Apr 19, 2018 12:28 PM

Sep 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:
GangsterCat said:

Because of the 8 years difference. Apparently she is 40 years old in 0 and 32 in the original.
It's the opposite, for me her voice is way too high and childish for cool type (appearance wise) girl like Kurisu.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.