Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2018 12:24 PM

Nov 2016
HyperL said:
Leskinen: "Is this some kind of JAPANESE lover's quarrel?" "Give her an authentic JAPANESE bow!"

OMG! They're already teasing it XD

One of the best bits of the episode
Apr 18, 2018 12:26 PM
Sep 2016
For context on CGI Kurisu (since it's apparently a big deal or something)... In the visual novel Okabe says her movements seemed lanky and it was probably the phone's fault.

(yes they freaking had to point out his phone doesn't have the processing capacity of the other computers Amadeus was running on)

Edit : (or as we see in episode 3) It's just CGi... Let's stop reading too much into it
JudoJDApr 25, 2018 10:22 AM
1.1.Six
Apr 18, 2018 12:30 PM

Feb 2018
I mm trying really hard to like this show but it's not making it easy for me...
Best girl kurisu is back finaly. Also great that okabe stood up and defended his waifu against all these peasants in the auditorium.
Apr 18, 2018 12:31 PM

Jan 2015
Back to back great episodes, really seamless on the follow up which was greatly appreciated. The Engrish was 10/10 with my only regret having be the phone is on vibrate instead of the ringtone, other than that completely satisfied.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Jan 2013
OP could be better.

I liked the fact they use CGI on app Kurisutina. It's realistic.

I hope they get back to the time machines stuff soon... This so far doesn't feel like S;G at all, and I don't like it. I mean not the show, but the fact that this feels different

May 2015
i can feel the pain of okabe :(
Apr 18, 2018 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
Painful stuff, all those memories are back.
Apr 18, 2018 12:55 PM

Mar 2018
Engrish 10/10

Really liked both the OP and ED.

For me, this somehow has a modern anime vibe but at the same style it feels like Steins;Gate

Okabe calling Amadeus "Christina" made me have a wierd feeling.
"A name... Toru Rikiishi"
Apr 18, 2018 12:58 PM

Feb 2018
Other than Makise being cute, this was one of the most boring episodes ever.
The best part of it was multiple mad Okabes laughing in the ED.
Apr 2014
I found this way more enjoyable than the first episode, the focus on one aspect instead of jumping from character to character to show us back the whole cast. Leskinen seems like a fun character. Easy AOTS so far.

Sep 2015
Christina!!! ;-;
Apr 18, 2018 1:01 PM

Jan 2012
Best Ending~ And best girl Maho even better in anime.

Apr 18, 2018 1:01 PM

Apr 2017
The ending song is so fucking awesome and genius, showing how Mayuri really misses Kyouma, Anyway amazing episode again. The wait for the next episode is kiling me already.
AymafApr 18, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 18, 2018 1:18 PM

Dec 2017
It's no Amadeus, but the OP is pretty good.

Legendary Leskinen Engrish!
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 18, 2018 1:26 PM

Oct 2017
Another perfect episode (from a VN reader perspective).

Maho animated <3

From the OP showing

And when Mayuri appears in the ED I couldn't stop thinking "Unlimited tutturuuuuu works".

Since I followed the discussion of episode 1, if you are somebody that loved S;G for Hououin Kyouma and the cringey chuunibyou interactions (like Kirei in that thread) that made up the first 10 or so episodes... S;G0 is not for you.

If you, as me, liked it for the second half, you are in for a masterpiece (if they still keep the quality constant as in those first two episodes).
Apr 18, 2018 1:26 PM

Nov 2011
I really like the OP and ED.

But...

I know Steins;Gate wasn't known for quality animation, but it wasn't bad. So what the hell is White Fox doing giving Steins;Gate 0 animation and cinematography so bad that Steins;Gate actually looks newer?

They should also get the old director back, it looks like he's not gonna do a good job with 0.

I'll still watch it all the way through though and pretend it's one of the best things ever because I'm a huge Steins;Gate fag and the VN was awesome.
Apr 18, 2018 1:28 PM
Jan 2017
Hype for episode 3!!! Ep 2 was fricking amazing
Apr 18, 2018 1:32 PM

Nov 2016
Really enjoy OP and ED but I slightly like ED song more. OP has fantastic visuals.

Strong episode like the first one. We know more about Amadeus and is very scary and mindblowimg because is the same as talking to a person.

Hiyajou is a likeable character and a bit tsundere, with a high intelect level.The scene with her crying was sad with a good music behind.Her chemistry with Okabe is also a good point to highlight.

The moment when Okabe met Kurisu tho was so well done, him testing her if something was off in that world line but also the feels.Can't wait to see more of them interacting.
NoloranApr 18, 2018 1:45 PM
Apr 18, 2018 1:59 PM

Jul 2015
Okabe can now talk with the stored memories of Kurisu, I'm really afraid of this, if he doesn't move on from her death it can be really dangerous for his health, also, sad Mayuri q_q
Apr 18, 2018 2:08 PM

Feb 2016
Loved the OP, Loved the ED. But this is ripping my heart </3 something tells me that this is going to be such a heartbreaking ride.

DAMARE CHRISTINA! </3 ahh the memories are starting to rip my mind
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 18, 2018 2:10 PM
Aug 2016
uninstallthegame said:
xiii-dex said:
Just popping in here without reading any comments because I'm on vacation in Spain, and just found out it cannot be watched here. Devastated.

rest in pepperonis, my friend

so, a new challenger has arrived, right, maho? kurisu's va seems a bit different from what i remember, maybe because of the ai-ish effect they layered on it
and right off the bat ai acts all tsunderish, kinda strange, considering the first time they've met at the conference she destroyed him

and why wouldn't okabe tell maho about the time leap experiments?

The reason why Kurisu’s voice sounds different is most likely due to aging. Her voice actress is now 40. She was 33 when she voiced Kurisu in the first Steins;Gate series back in 2011.
Apr 18, 2018 2:13 PM

Dec 2015
uninstallthegame said:
xiii-dex said:
Just popping in here without reading any comments because I'm on vacation in Spain, and just found out it cannot be watched here. Devastated.

rest in pepperonis, my friend

so, a new challenger has arrived, right, maho? kurisu's va seems a bit different from what i remember, maybe because of the ai-ish effect they layered on it
and right off the bat ai acts all tsunderish, kinda strange, considering the first time they've met at the conference she destroyed him

and why wouldn't okabe tell maho about the time leap experiments?

If you think about it logically it will be akward to tell maho rn , like hey maho i once made a time leap machine with kurisu, and then he’s gonna have to explain about how he moved worldline

I think i agree with some ppl saying that somehow the seminar went a bit faster , idk how
And why ppl so bothered with 3d kurisu lol
Like the op , love the ed and nice animation , like where lot of okabe spinning while laughing
Apr 18, 2018 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
The feels are already underway. The whole conversion that Maho and Okabe had about Kurisu was nostalgic from someone who's played the VN, but also sad at the same time. Seeing Maho cry like that makes me sad as well. D=

Leskinen has always been an amusing character to me, so hearing him saying "Rintarou! Hey boy!" made me burst out laughing. His engrish is always hilarious! XD

But it was seeing Amadeus Kurisu that made the feels train really speed up. It did take me a while to notice that Kurisu is CGI, but it's pretty fitting though. It's a good stylistic choice and it's pretty good in terms of quality too.

The OP and ED songs are powerful in terms of visuals and vocal delivery. For now, they're probably my favourites of the season.

This episode was great, but I know that this journey will be really emotional and heartbreaking. I still have to complete the VN in the meantime, so I hope that I can achieve that before the anime ends! =P
Apr 18, 2018 2:19 PM
Jun 2016
Another great episode! It had some good emotional moments (during the scenes when Okabe reminisced about Kurisu) and the scene when he accidentally shouted at her Amadeus program Christina was so funny!

I can't wait for the next episode. Watching each of these seems to fly by for me.
Apr 18, 2018 2:28 PM

Jan 2017
"Sarieli"...

Well, other than that, excelent episode.
The Opening's animation quality isn't the best, but the song, the foreshadowing and the composition of it are just perfect, and even so, the Ending is even better!

I love how the App version of Amadeus is lower quality than the PC version, just as they say in the visual novel.
*laughs in Dimple*
Apr 18, 2018 2:31 PM

Oct 2015
This episode motivated me to rewatch stiens gate
Apr 18, 2018 2:47 PM

Jul 2017
damn even though she doesn't die in the main series seeing okabe crying over Christina really teared my heart man.
Apr 18, 2018 2:47 PM

Oct 2015
Such a dope episode. I find so crazy to think about what's going to happen next. I mean this episode was so......normal. Like nothing much happens, but we all know everything will lead to world destruction somehow - where is the plot going to go from here?

Kristina was dope, Maho is dope (can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda already ship her with Okabe??? I know blasphemous right?), and Leskinen is a professional meme-scientist; all in all an awesome episode.

Now if I only I can figure out why Moeka is here? And what does Leskinin's lab have to do with the race to build the first time machine? Too many questions, too much excitement for next week. If I only I could jump to the future *sigh*.
Apr 18, 2018 2:48 PM

Mar 2016
Seeing Okabe talking to Kurisu again made my heart broke in pieces.. Ahh the feels.
Great OP & ED, waiting for the next episode.
Apr 18, 2018 2:50 PM
Apr 2017
2 eps in and already crying like a baby
Apr 18, 2018 3:02 PM

Oct 2014
Well, this is a great anime, worthy to be a successor of the original Steins;Gate, alright.
But man the overhype around this show.
Apr 18, 2018 3:12 PM

Nov 2015

Beautiful. The nostalgia hit us hard. It is Kurisu, looks the same, acts the same, speaks the same... I got in Okabe's shoes in this ep. Beautifully cruel.

Okabe calling Amadeus "Christina" felt so right and good tho... Like... ughhh, my heart.
OKABE PLEASE, TEAR REALITY APART AND BRING HER BACK!

PD: Okabe, what happened with your engrish? "I'm mad scientist. United States, chaos and invasion..."?

Revvie-chan said:
Well, this is a great anime, worthy to be a successor of the original Steins;Gate, alright.
But man the overhype around this show.
It is Steins;Gate after all: of course there's gonna be hype. It would be weird if there were any.

Zerity said:
damn even though she doesn't die in the main series seeing okabe crying over Christina really teared my heart man.
Yeah. We know she's there... but somehow we suffer her loss T_T

JudoJD said:
For context on CGI Kurisu (since it's apparently a big deal or something)... In the visual novel Okabe says her movements seemed lanky and it was probably the phone's fault.

(yes they freaking had to point out his phone doesn't have the processing capacity of the other computers Amadeus was running on)
Oh. I thought his phone was streaming Amadeus from the lab server...
I don't know, that would make much more sense to me xD

I assumed the CGI was to make an apreciable difference between real life (Okabe's) and the virtual Amadeus in his phone. I see it as a nice touch.
HumbertoZeroApr 18, 2018 3:16 PM
Apr 18, 2018 3:24 PM
Dec 2009
HumbertoZero said:

JudoJD said:

I assumed the CGI was to make an apreciable difference between real life (Okabe's) and the virtual Amadeus in his phone. I see it as a nice touch.

It would be odd to explain that she's basically an 'app' on the phone because S;G explained that memory data is massive. It would make far more sense to process over a transmission signal rather than trying to put, apparently, 3.24TB onto a phone from 3 years ago, plus running the processing power required for an AI to read/write from that data actively.
RakkaKazeApr 18, 2018 3:30 PM
Apr 18, 2018 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
Opening and ending were both really good. Had to hold back the tears in this episode. Luckily there was some really good comedy thrown in as well.

SHUT YOUR TRAP CHRISTINA!!!

That had me crying! lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 18, 2018 3:35 PM

Mar 2013
I love the opening, I love the ending, I love the episode and I love Steins Gate.

This is great!
Apr 18, 2018 3:58 PM

Oct 2017
Great episode, I think the pacing at the moment is pretty good

I also liked the CGI Kurisu, it somehow makes sense to me that you can see her movements "better" on a computer screen (drawing) than on a phone screen (CGI)
(and obviously the explanation on the VN that she was actually made by CGI)

EDIT: I just noticed that kurisu is sometimes (more specifically when the camera is away from the screen) made by CGI on the computer screen
FerrozoApr 18, 2018 4:14 PM
im trying my best to stop being a weeb ok dont judge me
Apr 18, 2018 4:02 PM

Apr 2018
I loved it ! that even more than the first episode , been waiting for years for a 2nd season , and god knows i'm not dissapointed !

Apr 18, 2018 4:13 PM

Jan 2012
RakkaKaze said:
HumbertoZero said:

It would be odd to explain that she's basically an 'app' on the phone because S;G explained that memory data is massive. It would make far more sense to process over a transmission signal rather than trying to put, apparently, 3.24TB onto a phone from 3 years ago, plus running the processing power required for an AI to read/write from that data actively.

It gets the data from the server farms at Victoria Chondria University, while the phone just renders the kurisu model.
sanleiApr 18, 2018 4:17 PM
Apr 18, 2018 4:16 PM

Oct 2014
Perfection in anime form so far
Apr 18, 2018 4:23 PM

Apr 2018
Now that's an emotional roller coaster if I've ever seen one
Apr 18, 2018 4:26 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ah man this was another fantastic episode!

I really liked how Okabe stood up for the project at the seminar and eventually gets along with Maho. Seeing Okabe introduced to Makise through Amadeus really hit me in the feels. I'm very excited to see how their relationship will be like in this one. Also it was cute seeing Mayuri have a metal upa again.

So excited for the next episode.
Apr 18, 2018 4:28 PM

Apr 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Careful there, you're gonna get attacked LOL

Jokes aside, have you read the VN?
Apr 18, 2018 4:29 PM

Mar 2009
eldritch said:
Oh dear, this was really great. It's physically painful to wait another week.

Exactly. I've lost count on how many times I've replayed episode 1 while waiting for this episode.
Apr 18, 2018 4:37 PM

Feb 2018
Kerylon said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

I think everyone is too happy to care about me not liking it, which is perfectly fine :-D
No, but I also never read the VN for the original S;G and I loved every single episode of it both times I watched it, I was not bored even once.
Both of these episodes bored me, and I really was looking forward to this show, too.
Apr 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Apr 2018
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Kerylon said:

I think everyone is too happy to care about me not liking it, which is perfectly fine :-D
No, but I also never read the VN for the original S;G and I loved every single episode of it both times I watched it, I was not bored even once.
Both of these episodes bored me, and I really was looking forward to this show, too.

I see. Zero is kinda different from the OG in that if you didnt read the VN, it seems unnecessary, so maybe that's why. That's my take on it.
I love it tho, it's doing the VN justice.
Apr 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Sep 2008
Abeedo said:
Please Steins Gate. I don't want to cry again

too late...damn i hate that this anime is good and gimme to many feels that i cant watch a generic shit afterwards..TT_TT kurisutina, i still miss you Y_Y
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 18, 2018 4:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
The only negative thing I'd have to say about this is that waiting a full week for every episode for the next 6 months is going to be rather painful

Doing a good job already of showcasing what truly great anime looks like compared to what you usually get served as far as seasonals go
Apr 18, 2018 4:47 PM

Feb 2018
Kerylon said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

I see. Zero is kinda different from the OG in that if you didnt read the VN, it seems unnecessary, so maybe that's why. That's my take on it.
I love it tho, it's doing the VN justice.

No, I think it's fun to see an adaptation if it is done well, I don't think it is irrelevant or pointless, I simply find it boring.
I have a feeling that many people here have watched the VN, have seen that it does it justice, and that made them be happy with it. I guess it will pick up at some point, just hope it will be soon :-D
Apr 18, 2018 4:50 PM

Jan 2017
This amazing so far I'm certain that by the end of it it will rival the masterpiece that is its original. Also from op are they mixing Twin Automata, Vega and Altair and Milky Way Crossing all into one route? Curious to see how that will play out.
Apr 18, 2018 4:55 PM
Mar 2017
HyperL said:
Leskinen: "Is this some kind of JAPANESE lover's quarrel?" "Give her an authentic JAPANESE bow!"

OMG! They're already teasing it XD

One of the best bits of the episode

What does it mean? I do not find the double meaning
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.