Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 14, 2018 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
LovelyPain said:
windeen-windy said:

I agree.
I really LOVE the manga... And this episode really kind of dissapointed me, though... But I've got my reasons to be dissapointed with it.
I don't really see the similarly to twilight, but if I try and look at it from the perspective of some anime only viewers... I MIGHT be able to at least catch the FEEL of it in this, at the start, at least, anyway.
With the info they left out, it might give some that impression.

I've read the manga up to it's most recent chapter 52 and I am totally in love with the story. I was also peeved by how much they left out of this episode. All the kotatsu (hope I spelled that right) and dinner conversations I'm pretty sure happened before the incident with the teacher. Which I'm pretty sure they neglected just so they could add in that little struggle scene between the two cause it wasn't in the manga!
I'm still pretty satisfied with the anime, it's the reason I found the manga in the first place, I just wish they wouldn't leave out so much. (In my opinion because they are leaving out so much it makes it seem like the two instantly fell in love and that Anzai looks a little like a creeper)

Completely agree. With everything you said. After episode 1, I went and in about a day and a half, I had read all 52 chapters out. I didn't know about it till the first episode, though.
Yes, the Kotatsu bit was before the teacher (Yuuki left his whole utility belt (not just his wallet) at her place), when he got the call to go calm his friend down. He had been sleeping under the kotatsu when that came in....
Apr 14, 2018 7:25 PM

Oct 2017
LovelyPain said:
windeen-windy said:

I agree.
I really LOVE the manga... And this episode really kind of dissapointed me, though... But I've got my reasons to be dissapointed with it.
I don't really see the similarly to twilight, but if I try and look at it from the perspective of some anime only viewers... I MIGHT be able to at least catch the FEEL of it in this, at the start, at least, anyway.
With the info they left out, it might give some that impression.

I've read the manga up to it's most recent chapter 52 and I am totally in love with the story. I was also peeved by how much they left out of this episode. All the kotatsu (hope I spelled that right) and dinner conversations I'm pretty sure happened before the incident with the teacher. Which I'm pretty sure they neglected just so they could add in that little struggle scene between the two cause it wasn't in the manga!
I'm still pretty satisfied with the anime, it's the reason I found the manga in the first place, I just wish they wouldn't leave out so much. (In my opinion because they are leaving out so much it makes it seem like the two instantly fell in love and that Anzai looks a little like a creeper)
I agreed with you and I hope the same!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 7:26 PM

Dec 2013
Anime only here. Not a great fan of the animation, but from 2 episodes, I feel like this is my kind of show. Love seeing and hearing about the psychological and mental side that each of these characters have to go through being who (or what) they are. It's a way more interesting take on character building when we're getting information doled out bit by bit, and sometimes only in monologues as well.

May well pick up the manga after watching this.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Apr 14, 2018 7:34 PM

Nov 2011
I dropped this anime halfway through the episode. JFC this is terrible from top to bottom.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 14, 2018 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
About the pacing...

The first episode covered about 85% of ONLY THE FIRST chapter of the manga.
In contrast:
Episode #2 covered the rest of chapter 1 (skipping over most of what was left of it- but to be fair to the studio I'm saying it covered it), parts of chap #2 (actually, they skipped over more than half of this chapter, if I remember right).
And about 50%-70% (skipping over some and adding in a scene between the teacher and Tsukasa (from the time she handed him the book, till when she broke the mug, the stuff in between was mostly anime only additions), that was not in the manga) of chapter #3.
Apr 14, 2018 8:53 PM

Feb 2008
Im just here to tell that mc is a slut and gets on my nerves and only share masochism and need to hate something i seem to possess will keep me watching the series. I hope she gets brutally murdered but sadly this won't happen. Also "seinen" is lie its stright out josei anime.
Apr 14, 2018 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
RavenYami said:
This is clearly not a show for me or for anyone with enough active neurons, it's purely nauseating to watch, shitty opening that is borderline attack on titan , why lord, why, awkward sound effects (moans,groans, sobs) bland female MC that lacks common sense, drama pulled out of ass that I couldn't care about, it's all fanservice meant to wet prepubescent teenagers, it goes to lowly extents to bring some shock value trying to make the viewer gain sympathy for the couple. Dropped.

lol i can't stand the awkward sound effects either, is cringy as hell :)))
and the blood spattling in "screen" gee
and the girl MC has nothing special
The spider is watching
Apr 14, 2018 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
This is pretty good entertainment in a way of looking at it. XD
Apr 14, 2018 9:17 PM

Oct 2017
Wow, can anyone say Twilight?
Apr 14, 2018 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
Jesus why is the voice audio so bad?
Apr 14, 2018 9:30 PM

Mar 2009
PastTheRailroad said:
Wow, can anyone say Twilight?

The manga is nothing like Twilight.
People are getting that feel from it, because they have SERIOUSLY screwed up the pacing in the anime.
The only thing similar is the fact that its a human and a vampire (he's not even a full vampire. His mother is human) in love!
Nothing else seems similar!
These vampires are also NOT
Apr 14, 2018 9:47 PM
Mar 2018
Liked the episode, it was pretty intense+interesting too.Unexpected things happened!😂
Apr 14, 2018 10:05 PM

May 2015
It was cringy at times but fun to watch nevertheless.
Apr 14, 2018 10:13 PM
Jan 2016
wondering if anyone knows who's the voice actor of that teacher ?? i felt that i heard him before but can't recall and that's annoying me :3
Apr 14, 2018 10:45 PM

Mar 2009
MoumoonChan said:
wondering if anyone knows who's the voice actor of that teacher ?? i felt that i heard him before but can't recall and that's annoying me :3

The teacher's name is Keiji Ochiai.
As for his voice actor... I'm not sure either.
It did sound sort of like I had heard it before. But nothing about the voice actors lists who plays him.
It might be one of the regular VA cast playing him since he's not really worthy of having his own VA. It is annoying that I know that voice but can't place it. If it's one of the other VA's, then they might be altering their voice to sound a bit differently from whichever character they are playing.
If it's any of them, I'm thinking it might be Dr. Yanagi- who is played by: Satoshi Hino.... but I might be wrong that it's him. And the sleaze of a teacher might actually have his own VA.
Apr 14, 2018 10:50 PM

Aug 2014
MoumoonChan said:

https://myanimelist.net/people/260/Susumu_Chiba apparently
Apr 14, 2018 11:23 PM

Oct 2013
The pace kinda slow a bit. If it picks up would be a good show. If they can't turn another into vampires it would be rather ok show. Also if they can die as well. Aren't humans but not undead.

Can be controlled but not exactly as impossible to not c blood totally... so devastating.
Apr 14, 2018 11:39 PM

Mar 2009
heiqi1hu said:
The pace kinda slow a bit. If it picks up would be a good show. If they can't turn another into vampires it would be rather ok show. Also if they can die as well. Aren't humans but not undead.

Can be controlled but not exactly as impossible to not c blood totally... so devastating.

In the manga:
Apr 15, 2018 12:04 AM

Aug 2012
This girl who gets attacked by guys somehow managed to sneak past some cops and head to the roof of the building where the vampire was at? Yeah, OK. Wonder how many times he snuck into her room to sniff her while she sleeps before he got caught lol.
Apr 15, 2018 12:53 AM

May 2015
I want to say fuck this shit I'm out but I also want to wait and see what's up with the guy with heterochromia. My guess is he's some vamp-human hybrid?

This series has me cringing so hard I've left my body. It's bad, real bad and not the so bad it's good kinda bad. Not to mention the character design between the male MC and the female one look jarring next to each other.

Apr 15, 2018 1:24 AM
May 2015
I liked how close they are getting!
Apr 15, 2018 1:54 AM

Jul 2016
Better than I'd expect.This show is a decent shoujo romance anime,and they described the conflicts among vampires pretty well.Although the professor part is kinda sudden,I guess it's not a big issue.

Life is empty without anime

Apr 15, 2018 3:02 AM
Sep 2017
Pretty good episode. Underrated AsF thats why i hate MAL ratings.

Apr 15, 2018 3:36 AM

Jan 2016
Ko malah coli si 😂
Apr 15, 2018 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
MC Girl was cuter this episode, and Anzai was also cuter this episode, but turns out blood lust is a problem for him... and the dudes a real creep, it's a good thing the girl likes him OR THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN WEIRD AS HELL. Also Sensei dude turned out to be a rapist... so ummm... that was a thing. This anime is stupid. But I like it.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 15, 2018 4:59 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh yeah!!! What an intense episode we have today, that Professor scene attempting to rape her causing Anzai to have his vampire side...

*and also Anzai and tsukasa are starting to be as closer as they are. Lets see in the next few episodes what will happen..
Apr 15, 2018 5:13 AM

Mar 2014
That professor was fucking creepy I'm glad he got his face smashed

The dynamic between Tsukasa and Anzai is pretty cute <3

Also I guess I'm a fucking idiot but I didn't realize he was masturbating before reading this thread lol
DanaeApr 15, 2018 5:16 AM
Apr 15, 2018 5:27 AM
Aug 2016
dany_elle1908 said:
RavenYami said:
This is clearly not a show for me or for anyone with enough active neurons, it's purely nauseating to watch, shitty opening that is borderline attack on titan , why lord, why, awkward sound effects (moans,groans, sobs) bland female MC that lacks common sense, drama pulled out of ass that I couldn't care about, it's all fanservice meant to wet prepubescent teenagers, it goes to lowly extents to bring some shock value trying to make the viewer gain sympathy for the couple. Dropped.

Oh, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one bothered by those, they were making me very uncomfortable to the point of pausing from one minute to other struggling to finish the damn episode, my brain cells were faintly screaming "stop it, you'll kill us". She could be easily replaced by any otome female protagonist or any bland damsel in distress generally.
Apr 15, 2018 5:53 AM

May 2012
Good episode. Better than tokyo goul re
Apr 15, 2018 6:12 AM

Aug 2008
RavenYami said:
dany_elle1908 said:

Oh, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one bothered by those, they were making me very uncomfortable to the point of pausing from one minute to other struggling to finish the damn episode, my brain cells were faintly screaming "stop it, you'll kill us". She could be easily replaced by any otome female protagonist or any bland damsel in distress generally.

i think even those have for emotion and expressivity
lol is like when they kiss are slurping from a melting ice cream or so :)))
and not even animated good :/those scenes
The spider is watching
Apr 15, 2018 6:23 AM
Aug 2016
dany_elle1908 said:
RavenYami said:

i think even those have for emotion and expressivity
lol is like when they kiss are slurping from a melting ice cream or so :)))
and not even animated good :/those scenes

The wannabe romantic moments fall flat and are embarrassing to witness, the camera angles aren't that bad , the animation is the only actual decent trait of the show, of course that alone cannot save it from being trashy.
Apr 15, 2018 6:36 AM

Jun 2016
This show is good but i wish they would minimize the dialogues btw the MCs. The more they talk, the cringier it gets ffs!
Apr 15, 2018 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Would be better if he showed up with a box attached on his waist at the end and THEN talked about give her a present.

Im 100% sure she would not be crying afte the hug.
Apr 15, 2018 8:07 AM

Oct 2011
intense episode omfg
Apr 15, 2018 10:11 AM
Jan 2016
kiryou said:
MoumoonChan said:

https://myanimelist.net/people/260/Susumu_Chiba apparently
ohh .. so it's kondou isao's voice actor from gintama !
Apr 15, 2018 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
Last week I said to myself "Meh, I'm gonna watch one more episode." but I was sooo sure that I was gonna drop this series after this episode. Well, I won't. It's really edgy as hell, sometimes cringy and everything but finally a bloody anime without censorship, and it's not afraid to show us the rough scenes. Moreover I ship Azai and Tsukasa so hard I can't even understand why (I usually go for the gay ships with such enthusiasm). So at some point during the episode this whole edgy mess became somehow entertaining.
OokamiRisuApr 15, 2018 10:19 AM
Apr 15, 2018 10:18 AM
Jan 2016
windeen-windy said:
MoumoonChan said:

The teacher's name is Keiji Ochiai.
As for his voice actor... I'm not sure either.
It did sound sort of like I had heard it before. But nothing about the voice actors lists who plays him.
It might be one of the regular VA cast playing him since he's not really worthy of having his own VA. It is annoying that I know that voice but can't place it. If it's one of the other VA's, then they might be altering their voice to sound a bit differently from whichever character they are playing.
If it's any of them, I'm thinking it might be Dr. Yanagi- who is played by: Satoshi Hino.... but I might be wrong that it's him. And the sleaze of a teacher might actually have his own VA.
yes i think you're right , but i don't think it's Satoshi hino's voice ,if so i could figure it out bc he's one of my fav voice actors .. but anyway thanks for your answer ^^
Apr 15, 2018 11:51 AM

Jun 2009
awwesome cant wait for next weeks ep :D
Apr 15, 2018 12:51 PM
Mar 2016
Ya know they're really trying to make a plot where Tsukasa is this seemly stupid girl, who has a bad sense of timing when she could have just give anzai' wallet to the cops, and return the book in the morning.....Anzai on the other hand seems to be a stalker.

I'm starting to think that this story plot would depend on tsukasa being in trouble and Anzai come to the rescue......

Btw some rape scene that was we didn't even get to see Tsukasa's nipples.
Apr 15, 2018 4:53 PM
Jul 2017
I am loving this series! Can't wait to see their relationship develop, and how they handle their differences..
Apr 15, 2018 4:58 PM

Apr 2013
Is this "Tokyo Twilight Re" or something ?
Apr 15, 2018 5:03 PM
Dec 2011
"I thought silence was consent."

So that's why this show is in the 6000's.

But seriously, I bet that line triggered a lot of people, and not the internet's definition of the word. The sad thing is that there are people who still believe this to be true.
Apr 15, 2018 6:22 PM

Feb 2017
Titadou said:
Did he just... masturbate himself while licking her blood ? or he took his medicament ?

Damn this anime went hot fast, the dream, the almost rape scene and maybe this, wow wow wow calm down you're waaaaaay too horny anime! but I think I like this horny romance with gore

DUH he was masturbating for sure! He even popped his pants button xD I was creepy but i find it kinda hot and romantic tbh xD
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Apr 15, 2018 6:33 PM

Feb 2017
This episode was rushed, they skipped some important scenes, to a point where they made him look like a creepy stalker. Even so, i still enjoyed watching this very much. I can't wait for the next episodes to air. <3
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Apr 15, 2018 6:49 PM

Mar 2009
noufa_kisaki said:
This episode was rushed, they skipped some important scenes, to a point where they made him look like a creepy stalker. Even so, i still enjoyed watching this very much. I can't wait for the next episodes to air. <3

Others don't seem to think they skipped important stuff, but they did. A lot of things! They animated around 85% of chapter 1 for ep 1, then maybe about 10%-15% of chapter 2 and 40% of chapter 3 (40% might be giving them too much credit) for episode 2 (not to mention they added things that weren't in the manga).
Its stupid. People are getting a terrible impression of the story from this.
Apr 15, 2018 10:36 PM
May 2009
Kowaidesu....the part where she was assaulted. Did not see that coming...as well as Anzai licking her blood. The devil form is so ugly though. lol what did I expect? aha.
Apr 15, 2018 10:56 PM

Aug 2012
It was fun, but because of the comments I think I'm going to drop it and switch to the manga.
Apr 16, 2018 1:28 AM
Oct 2017
Maybe I've been spoilt by other excellent stories, but man that was lame. Each secene felt forced. The art is simply ugly, and I don't really care for any of the characters.

1. orphan
2. half vamp hunting his own kind
3. works for special police
4. has to control his lusts

BORING. Give something more original please.
Apr 16, 2018 2:55 AM
Sep 2017
Anyone else gets Twilight vibes from this anime?
Apr 16, 2018 2:59 AM

Mar 2009
Sunshine_ said:
It was fun, but because of the comments I think I'm going to drop it and switch to the manga.

Good idea. Wish more did that, rather than insult the story, characters and those who like the source material, based on this anime.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

39 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.