Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Devils' Line
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 14, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh so the vampires in this series are driven by impulses....kinda makes sense since they aren't human anymore.

It seems Tsukasa and Anzai are getting along better now. A strange relationship tbh but at least they're not enemies. A Christmas gift too. I'm not feeling much for the storytelling for the show though. The forumla just feels really repetitive so far so I hope something changes soon.

Tsukasa also really need to learn more ways to defend herself from being attacked...
Stark700Apr 14, 2018 8:27 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2017
That was intense episode. Things starting to pick up.
Apr 14, 2018 9:16 AM

Jun 2015
Poor Tsukasa has been having nightmares from what happened to her. She's getting along well with Anzai. He gave her a nice Christmas present. Tsukasa keeps on getting attacked and needs to learn how to defend herself.
Apr 14, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2013
Damm, I hate rapes.

I can definitely feel the romance now and I find it pretty entertaining. The first part of the episode was fine, later it's was pretty tough to watch to be honest, but it wasn't necessarily bad.

The soundtrack is pretty good. Also for some reason, I ignored the ending last week but it's really good.

3/5 Damm, I hate rapes. (x2)

Apr 14, 2018 9:32 AM

Dec 2010
Not bad, seems likely a detective shoujo with dark tones, it remind me a mix of Mayonaka no Tantei Night Walker and Blood Alone.

4/5.
Fn76Apr 14, 2018 10:12 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:37 AM

Nov 2016
Hm.. this week's episode was better but there are still some problems with the storyline and pacing.
Pretty obvious that they like each other at this point, the interesting part is that one is a human and the other a vampire. The repetitive dreams/thoughs on this episode was too much.
That professor part tho...
Apr 14, 2018 10:15 AM

Feb 2015
Finally seeing that beating, I really hated the professor.

So far this is a decent anime, still prefer the manga myself but I am enjoying this.

4/5
Apr 14, 2018 10:26 AM
Apr 2015
So, I'm actually reading the manga to the chapter that it's last translated, and the anime seems to exclude some things. I can understand why the do that, because there is not gonna be a lot of episodes, but as a manga fan of the series, it's kind of sad. :'c
Apr 14, 2018 10:28 AM

Oct 2013
Did he just... masturbate himself while licking her blood ? or he took his medicament ?

Damn this anime went hot fast, the dream, the almost rape scene and maybe this, wow wow wow calm down you're waaaaaay too horny anime! but I think I like this horny romance with gore
Apr 14, 2018 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
This show is so underwhelming.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2017
Not gonna lie, this was pretty boring for me.

I like the artwork a lot but the story is badly paced so far and I'm struggling with this show.
Apr 14, 2018 11:12 AM
Oct 2015
12pokemon said:
So, I'm actually reading the manga to the chapter that it's last translated, and the anime seems to exclude some things. I can understand why the do that, because there is not gonna be a lot of episodes, but as a manga fan of the series, it's kind of sad. :'c

Is good After ep 2?
Apr 14, 2018 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Titadou said:
Did he just... masturbate himself while licking her blood ? or he took his medicament ?

I'm glad I wasn't the only who thought he masturbated while licking the blood.
I mean... he already took his tranquilizer and his pants were down... r-r-r-really u-unique stuff we're getting from this a-anime, huh...
Apr 14, 2018 11:51 AM

Feb 2018
I don't know why people give such shit rating to this, it's not so bad at all, this episode was pretty interesting and intense, it was fine for me.

Titadou said:

Damn this anime went hot fast, the dream, the almost rape scene and maybe this, wow wow wow calm down you're waaaaaay too horny anime! but I think I like this horny romance with gore

Yep, he was definitely masturbating, the urge is stronger than the one a drug addict gets for drugs, after all.
Apr 14, 2018 11:52 AM

Jan 2017
Censored, rip. Gotta wait for BD release to enjoy it more ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Apr 14, 2018 12:03 PM
Aug 2016
This is clearly not a show for me or for anyone with enough active neurons, it's purely nauseating to watch, shitty opening that is borderline attack on titan , why lord, why, awkward sound effects (moans,groans, sobs) bland female MC that lacks common sense, drama pulled out of ass that I couldn't care about, it's all fanservice meant to wet prepubescent teenagers, it goes to lowly extents to bring some shock value trying to make the viewer gain sympathy for the couple. Dropped.
Apr 14, 2018 12:03 PM

Nov 2017
Fnights said:
Not bad, seems likely a detective shoujo with dark tones, it remind me a mix of Mayonaka no Tantei Night Walker and Blood Alone.

4/5.
I got the same vibes but apparently it's seinen
Apr 14, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2015
This is so weird. People keep comparing it to twilight, because it fits. It's literally twilight amplified by generic anime logic. Guy you met once sitting on your balcony? No big deal. Worried about Rapist Murderer? Don't worry, he might only get a life sentence. Good lord.
Apr 14, 2018 12:05 PM

Nov 2017
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Yep, he was definitely masturbating, the urge is stronger than the one a drug addict gets for drugs, after all.

woah what? how did i not pick up on that??
Apr 14, 2018 12:05 PM

Mar 2013
This show is so ridiculously terrible but unlike most of the bad shows this season, it's terrible in a trainwreck sorta way. It's just so hilariously stupid that I can't stop watching. I swear I laughed more during this than most of the comedies I've been watching.

I have to say the best moment this ep is the throwaway line about having to have a doctor watch you through every thrust if you wanna shag a vampire. I almost had to pause the show, I was laughing so bad.
Apr 14, 2018 12:12 PM

Mar 2018
So this episode was like the last episode only without the ridiculous running scenes which make in immediately inferior then the last episode.
Apr 14, 2018 12:24 PM
Nov 2016
I don't wanna offend anybody but this seems a lot like an edgy version of twilight coupled with detective things
Apr 14, 2018 12:28 PM

Feb 2018
cleganebxwl said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

It's right after he realizes it's her blood on his hands.
Yautja said:
This is so weird. People keep comparing it to twilight, because it fits. It's literally twilight amplified by generic anime logic. Guy you met once sitting on your balcony? No big deal. Worried about Rapist Murderer? Don't worry, he might only get a life sentence. Good lord.

Well she did realize that she was acting like an idiot, so there's that. The logic in it for me would be that he is a half-vampire, not human, so different feelings are created than with humans.
Only life sentence is good, better than a death sentence, which a mass murderer could easily expect, don't you agree?
Apr 14, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
Lol this show is so bad...but of course I'm going to keep watching because why the fuck not. And these rape scenes are hilarious. Mind you, I don't condone rape and I don't think it's funny, but the rape scenes in this show are so ridiculous that I can't help but shake my head and laugh at how stupid it is.

Titadou said:

I thought he was masturbating himself with the hand that had her blood on it, using the blood as lube or something. Then again, it wouldn't make sense for him to lick the blood hand first, so what you said seems to make more sense.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 2018 12:45 PM
Jul 2016
That was a good episode, Taira and Anzai are coming closer...
Apr 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Nov 2017
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
cleganebxwl said:

Yautja said:

Well she did realize that she was acting like an idiot, so there's that. The logic in it for me would be that he is a half-vampire, not human, so different feelings are created than with humans.
Only life sentence is good, better than a death sentence, which a mass murderer could easily expect, don't you agree?

i saw that he was unbuckling his pants but i assumed he was getting dressed or something fml
Apr 14, 2018 12:54 PM

Dec 2014
male and female MC are both simple and naive in term of romance.

after all these years of wondering in the world of anime/manga, i have forgotten how romance can be so simple and naive.

hopefully it is not a dark anime.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Apr 14, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
When did Twilight get an anime adaptation?
Apr 14, 2018 1:35 PM

Mar 2009
So far:

cleganebxwl said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

i saw that he was unbuckling his pants but i assumed he was getting dressed or something fml

I don't remember him masterbating like that in the Manga... I might have missed it, though. They are leaving a lot of character/world/relationship building aspects out of the anime, which were in the Manga! Its an insult to the Manga to do this with the anime! Its nothing like twilight (in my opinion) in the manga anyway...

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Heh so the vampires in this series are driven by impulses....kinda makes sense since they aren't human anymore.

It seems Tsukasa and Anzai are getting along better now. A strange relationship tbh but at least they're not enemies. A Christmas gift too. I'm not feeling much for the storytelling for the show though. The forumla just feels really repetitive so far so I hope something changes soon.

Tsukasa also really need to learn more ways to defend herself from being attacked...

Stark: don't read the spoiler if you don't care about the manga.

Apr 14, 2018 1:47 PM
Sep 2010
This show is the culmination of every bad vampire show over the past decade, wow. I think it's a drop from me.
Apr 14, 2018 2:23 PM

Jun 2016
The romance is kicking in, with some drama. Decent episode overall but my God Tsukasa is going through a lot....
Apr 14, 2018 2:27 PM

Dec 2017
I hate that I enjoy this lol. Hands down because this shit is better than Tokyo Ghoul, I'm telling you. Anzai is best man.
Apr 14, 2018 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
I'm actually liking this so far.

Tsukasa's and Anzai's budding "relationship" is...sweet, in its own little way. Can't wait to see how it develops further.

Was quite surprised when Tsukasa's professor forced himself upon her, even though he has a wife and children. But, I suppose, he just doesn't care.

The animation isn't that bad, at least to me.

Anyway, can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 14, 2018 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
This episode was intence! And I sensed the professor was up to no good, and guess I was right... he got what he deserved in the end.

And Anzai and Tsukasa are already showing feelings for each other :3 I want to see their relashionship grow stronger and stronger.
PurpleGirl203Apr 14, 2018 2:42 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 14, 2018 2:44 PM
Apr 2017
i still feel like the name of the series needs to be changed from devils line to cucked line. why is everyone already over the fact that akimura got cucked like crazy. #top10animeNTR
Apr 14, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2017
OH MY GOD!I really loved this episode, it was really exciting and lovely, of course the story argument it's so interesting to but I enjoy a lot to see this couple. The productors did a good job joining some chapters of the manga in only a few minutes. This gonna be so interesting my dear friends I so recommend it ! Don't loose yourself 'cause the action it's coming! See you!!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:15 PM

Oct 2017
kyousukeOkarin said:
This show is the culmination of every bad vampire show over the past decade, wow. I think it's a drop from me.

Wow! I personally think It's just a realistic and new point of view about vampires, but remember which in this case Anzai-san it's only a half part vampire.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:23 PM

Oct 2017
windeen-windy said:
So far:

cleganebxwl said:

I don't remember him masterbating like that in the Manga... I might have missed it, though. They are leaving a lot of character/world/relationship building aspects out of the anime, which were in the Manga! Its an insult to the Manga to do this with the anime! Its nothing like twilight (in my opinion) in the manga anyway...

Stark700 said:

You are reading the manga? The productores cut a lot of scenes determinaly about how the relationship it's development between them, they only left the essentials parts or maybe the most important parts to give the idea about that their relationship it's growing up. However, they just cut a several times when they meet in Tsukasa's house and Anzai-san sleep there.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:30 PM

Oct 2017
He masturbeted, in the manga it's more cleare than the anime, but He did it because the impulse at the vampires are not just the blood human's even also they feel sexual madness and desire for the person. Both.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:34 PM

Dec 2017
3/5
Storytelling feels a little off and rushed imo.

The rest is pretty decent
Apr 14, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2017
SparkleDuck said:
Sorry, but your comment for me it's so out of place here. The only thing in common with Twillight here it's the fact that there are vampires if you wanna say it, but even so they are includding a different type of vampires and a moreover things like action and story arguments's.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2017
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
I don't know why people give such shit rating to this, it's not so bad at all, this episode was pretty interesting and intense, it was fine for me.

Titadou said:

I agreed with you!
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:42 PM

Oct 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
Poor Tsukasa has been having nightmares from what happened to her. She's getting along well with Anzai. He gave her a nice Christmas present. Tsukasa keeps on getting attacked and needs to learn how to defend herself.
It could be, but remember that she's only a human.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 3:46 PM

Oct 2017
aLotQuestion said:
male and female MC are both simple and naive in term of romance.

after all these years of wondering in the world of anime/manga, i have forgotten how romance can be so simple and naive.

hopefully it is not a dark anime.
Well I can say from my point of view it's a half dark and on the other hand a really cute and complicated romance.
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 14, 2018 4:04 PM
Dec 2015
Every vampire x human piece, whether it be an anime, literature, a movie, a tv show, etc, is Twilight. Everything human x vampire related is copying Twilight because Twilight was the first EVER human x vampire story to every come to light. Can't take anyone seriously cause all they know how to do is compare to popular shows, anime, movies etc, and shit on someones else work and then give a half-assed reason why they shit on it. There's no problem that you don't like the show, but if you're gonna publicly shit on it, at least have the common courtesy to give an proper reason why you don't like it. Say, for instance, you don't like the story pacing (I saw someone state this earlier and I totally understand) or even if you don't like the art style. I know how some anime fas are, but if you just shit on it with proper reason why you're shitting on it, no one is gonna take you seriously and just dismiss you as either a hater or a troll.

Apr 14, 2018 4:50 PM

May 2011
Well, at least we get some simple romance here, I'm so tired of all the complicated love stories out there that go on and on with so many twists and turns, that can be so tiring.

Still can't get over the fact that she forgot about her friend lol but I guess I wouldn't care about someone who raped and killed women.
Apr 14, 2018 4:59 PM

Mar 2009
Ant161718 said:
windeen-windy said:
So far:

You are reading the manga? The productores cut a lot of scenes determinaly about how the relationship it's development between them, they only left the essentials parts or maybe the most important parts to give the idea about that their relationship it's growing up. However, they just cut a several times when they meet in Tsukasa's house and Anzai-san sleep there.

Yes, I am 52 chapters in. Waiting for #53 (which CrunchyRoll said should be translated by the end of April). Why did you make it a question when all of my comments said that I read it? (I also said I might have missed a few things) - I went back and looked and I was correct, I did miss him doing that after the attack (or I might have forgotten it).
Anyway- to me, it feels more creepy (almost stalker-ish) the way they are animating their relationship.
They left out what others might think are small things, but those small things add up to form their relationship.
People are comparing this to twilight because the animation studio is leaving those things out, and because they are not properly explaining what these vampires are (since people are just assuming that they are the usual undead humans infected with some sort of virus that turns them into this).
Apr 14, 2018 5:13 PM

Mar 2009
LovelyPain said:
Every vampire x human piece, whether it be an anime, literature, a movie, a tv show, etc, is Twilight. Everything human x vampire related is copying Twilight because Twilight was the first EVER human x vampire story to every come to light. Can't take anyone seriously cause all they know how to do is compare to popular shows, anime, movies etc, and shit on someones else work and then give a half-assed reason why they shit on it. There's no problem that you don't like the show, but if you're gonna publicly shit on it, at least have the common courtesy to give an proper reason why you don't like it. Say, for instance, you don't like the story pacing (I saw someone state this earlier and I totally understand) or even if you don't like the art style. I know how some anime fas are, but if you just shit on it with proper reason why you're shitting on it, no one is gonna take you seriously and just dismiss you as either a hater or a troll.

I agree.
I really LOVE the manga... And this episode really kind of dissapointed me, though... But I've got my reasons to be dissapointed with it.
I don't really see the similarly to twilight, but if I try and look at it from the perspective of some anime only viewers... I MIGHT be able to at least catch the FEEL of it in this, at the start, at least, anyway.
With the info they left out, it might give some that impression.
Apr 14, 2018 6:04 PM

Mar 2012
Ant161718 said:
SparkleDuck said:
Sorry, but your comment for me it's so out of place here. The only thing in common with Twillight here it's the fact that there are vampires if you wanna say it, but even so they are includding a different type of vampires and a moreover things like action and story arguments's.

I was just joking, of course. Lol.
Apr 14, 2018 6:21 PM
Dec 2015
windeen-windy said:

I agree.
I really LOVE the manga... And this episode really kind of dissapointed me, though... But I've got my reasons to be dissapointed with it.
I don't really see the similarly to twilight, but if I try and look at it from the perspective of some anime only viewers... I MIGHT be able to at least catch the FEEL of it in this, at the start, at least, anyway.
With the info they left out, it might give some that impression.

I've read the manga up to it's most recent chapter 52 and I am totally in love with the story. I was also peeved by how much they left out of this episode. All the kotatsu (hope I spelled that right) and dinner conversations I'm pretty sure happened before the incident with the teacher. Which I'm pretty sure they neglected just so they could add in that little struggle scene between the two cause it wasn't in the manga!
I'm still pretty satisfied with the anime, it's the reason I found the manga in the first place, I just wish they wouldn't leave out so much. (In my opinion because they are leaving out so much it makes it seem like the two instantly fell in love and that Anzai looks a little like a creeper)

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

25 by hellokittyluv23 »»
Mar 29, 4:32 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

184 by Karva1 »»
Mar 9, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 16, 2018

5 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 4:18 PM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

26 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 17, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Devils Line Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

39 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 16, 2023 10:44 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.