Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 8:51 AM
Nov 2016
A pretty solid start.
I am aware of the fact that this is one of the most popular new rom-com series'. I've been meaning to reading the manga for a while now but maybe I'll actually pick it up after the anime ends.

Narumi and Hijitaka look good together.
Apr 14, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2017
Really enjoyed this. There is definitely a lot of potential for a great romance. I was pleasantly surprised that they started dating so soon. Also, love the facial expressions Narumi makes.
Apr 14, 2018 9:06 AM
Jul 2017
As a single fujoshi otaku officer worker lady, this is my new favorite anime of the season.
Apr 14, 2018 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
I already hate Narumi.

I'll keep watching cause Hirotaka is cool, but I doubt I'll make it to the end.

ichii_1 said:
Would be better if narumi was a virgin and not some bad boy chasing slut.
Yeah pretty much this.
5layerApr 14, 2018 10:19 AM
Apr 14, 2018 10:34 AM

Feb 2013
Couple established first episode, good.

Was not bored watching. Seems this romance might be worth watching.
Apr 14, 2018 10:35 AM

Mar 2018
It's refreshing to see another romantic comedy with characters older than high school-age.

I also like that this one seemingly picks up where more most other series end. Our two main characters already have a history, and apparently a relationship.

Good stuff. I'm definitely going to keep watching this one.
Apr 14, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2018
ProofByColor said:
Really enjoyed this. There is definitely a lot of potential for a great romance. I was pleasantly surprised that they started dating so soon. Also, love the facial expressions Narumi makes.

Yeah I really dig the almost quirky animations and the pleasant soundtrack. It's an interesting idea to start things off with the two main characters already having a history/possibly a relationship.
Apr 14, 2018 12:48 PM

Feb 2018
PrettiBoiSlim said:
It's refreshing to see another romantic comedy with characters older than high school-age.

I also like that this one seemingly picks up where more most other series end. Our two main characters already have a history, and apparently a relationship.

Good stuff. I'm definitely going to keep watching this one.

Exactly, that's what I though! Instead of having like 25 eps about them beating around the bush and not wanting to get with each other, they get into it right away.
Felt very refreshing.
I was 100% sure that she is going to say "No" to them dating, I was really pleasantly surprised.
Apr 14, 2018 1:51 PM

Dec 2015
This show is sweetness overload. The humor is also on point.

Also... a romance that is not set in a high school setting???

Looks like I am gonna enjoy this one.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Apr 14, 2018 1:54 PM
Nov 2017
Heh. Pretty fast escalation there... Will keep watching to see how things progress.
Apr 14, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2010
kinda disappointed by the lack of boobs. main girl is full flat.. wtf. why should I watch this?
Apr 14, 2018 2:41 PM

Dec 2012
I dunno why I was so looking forward for this, I don't like any of the charas
I also kinda wished for a different type of romance, not this kind of stupid and childish shit, on top of that they feel really flat and empty
"Every girl should have a Hirotaka" no thanks, he sucks. I'm tired of the quiet,reserved and cool stereotype and their huge popularity
Apr 14, 2018 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Watched the first episode on Prime a few hours ago (Yes, it's finally up on the US version of Amazon). It was pretty good; not great, but good. I wasn't expecting something amazing out of this show, I just wanted a good introduction to the characters and a nice romantic comedy, and that's what I got. So far, Arisa Date as Narumi is pretty 'meh' for me (It's like the producers wanted her to sound cute), but everyone else in the cast is pretty good. A-1 Pictures' animation is OK, which is the usual case for them; not awful like most of SAO (I've watched through both seasons twice and the Ordinal Scale film), but not amazing like Idolmaster; Just OK. The OP & ED were nice. The ending was definitely anti-climactic, but let's see what happens in episode two if they do become an official couple. Overall, nice first episode; I'm just hoping it gets better as the show progresses, even with 11 episodes.
Apr 14, 2018 7:33 PM
Mar 2012
Creative OP with those hand signs & framing cuts, maybe best op so far.
Narumi's great as mc, more 3d kanojo-ish than 3d kanojo. Oh sword boys, sengoku basara & yaoi fan, & used to draw doujinshis.
Hirotaka's calm & not annoying like so many HS weaksauce. And they noted the double standards & otaku discrimination.
It's like KissHimNotMe + Gamers!, but better characters. Art's quite budget bland tho.

Apr 14, 2018 8:07 PM

Jul 2014
OMG THIS IS SO ADORABLE!!!!!! LOVING THE FIRST EPISODE ALREADY!!!!!! Cant wait for more!!
Apr 14, 2018 8:31 PM

Jun 2015
Loved every second of this episode, couldn't help but want Hana and Naru together though!!!!

I love a good romance and this one is already so cute, funny and paced well! Plus, the animation is stellar!
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Apr 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Mar 2013
Good OP and ED, adult romance instead of high school, and some comedy. Love it.
Apr 14, 2018 11:45 PM
Mar 2016
It's really refreshing to see older characters and what they do~ I'm really looking forward to know more about all the characters and their relationships. Also the opening it's just really cute!!! (I've repeated that part in which they kinda do a dance so many times already.
Can't wait for the next episode~~
Apr 14, 2018 11:46 PM
Jan 2018
At first, i didn't expect it will be this good... But, it sure really captivating first episode... >_<)/
Apr 15, 2018 12:05 AM
Sep 2015
I wasn't expecting much of this anime. But the first episode was really good imo. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Also I am a bit jealous because it seemed so easy in the end that the two of them start a relationship. Wish I know a guy who says something like "choose me" to me |D

The OP song is very good, too ^^
Apr 15, 2018 1:42 AM

Jan 2015
So I guess the only person that haven't "join the group" is Kabakura right? And I kind of seeing what it feels like to be a Hirotaka, until now. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 15, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
That's a lighthearted and fun start, Narumi exaggerated faces was so hilarious. Otaku fujoshi, Gamer, Crossdresser Cosplayer, I wonder if Tarou is also on the dark side xD

Cute OP, those hand gestures were adorable, same goes with ED. This gonna be my chilling show to relax, and would like to she how this otaku and gamer romcom goes.

It felt like an adult version of Gamers anime.

What an odd and cute confession, at first it looks like a game party request, grinding materials, quest, then goes on not gonna make you sad thing. Narumi reaction looks like she hit a jackpot negotiation, two birds with one stone I guess.
cronoSpirAApr 15, 2018 2:52 AM
Apr 15, 2018 3:27 AM

May 2016
i love this so much it's tugging at my heartstrings
Apr 15, 2018 5:56 AM

Nov 2009
The fact that this isn't tagged as josei (or shoujo?) annoyed me while watching it but I still enjoyed the ep. Narumi's answer in the last scene was the best.
Apr 15, 2018 6:46 AM
Jun 2017
Nice 1st episode, 2 otaku's meet again at the same company. Hmmm!!! Lets see what will happen with them... hahaha
Apr 15, 2018 6:53 AM

Jun 2013
Hanako is so hot! and this is gonna be good
Apr 15, 2018 6:54 AM

May 2015
Looks like a nice and funny anime but damn A-1 Pictures, as usual good at marketing while meh at adapting.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2018 7:34 AM

Jun 2017
I don't really like the premise, the characters or even the genre. I guess it's a well made show, but I suppose it's not really my style. I'm only watching it to find why it's so popular. Well, I guess if it's really good I might enjoy it. Even if I don't really like the genre, I still like some of the best shows of the genre.
Apr 15, 2018 7:47 AM
May 2016
tbh i prefer the manga, the adaptation was accurate but the animation wasn't the a+ i was expecting :/ hopefully it improves, I've already reread all the manga up to the current point. wish the studio doesn't disappoint! :(
Apr 15, 2018 9:31 AM
Oct 2017
Going into this show, I absolutely had no idea about it. I didn't read the manga. I gotta say though, the first episode of this show was enjoyable. With an extremely likable main cast, an OP that just makes you smile to your hearts content, and a generally light and fun atmosphere and tone to it. The first episode was just such a fun and enjoyable ride. I will be looking forward for more episodes of this show.

Also that opening is one the cutest openings I have ever seen. I dare you to watch that OP and not have a smile on your face while watching it. It's literally impossible.
AaroNoticzApr 15, 2018 9:36 AM
Apr 15, 2018 12:07 PM

Apr 2011
The main girl is very annoying. The guy deserves a much better person.

This will probably have a high rating when it's is done, because it is a wet dream for a lot of people in here. I think it's a bit too cliche. 3D Kanojo is a better choice for this type of shows in this season. Even with its very slutty heroine.
RaiseiiApr 15, 2018 4:23 PM
Apr 15, 2018 1:02 PM
Jul 2017
I think as far as first episodes go this is well established, it introduces us to the cast of characters showing us their interests and current positions, it also sets a theme for the show showing us a much less romanticised outlook on relationships. If you compare it to a show like the recovery of an MMO junkie it shares a lot of similarities however with a more relaxed approach to dating a more realistic view of adult romance. I think that further on this show will probably have a mixture of light-hearted moments paired with some more serious moments. as far as first episodes go I think this show could really show some uniqueness and be really enjoyable :)
Apr 15, 2018 7:24 PM

Apr 2015
Excelente episódio, se continuar nesse ritmo vai ser o meu anime favorito desta temporada.
Apr 15, 2018 7:27 PM

Dec 2014
Sees Monster Hunter. Am sold.
I need sleep.
Apr 15, 2018 9:59 PM

Mar 2017
I LIKE THIS GET UP WWWWWWWW IT FEELS SO REAL WWWWWWWW

Once more, I'm sold by romcom marketing.
Apr 15, 2018 10:20 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Why is the OP so cute?! I hate it! <33333

Not gonna lie, Hirotaka's pretty smooth. Gotta appeal to what the gal likes but also make sure you're willing to actually do whatever you offer genuinely, not just to please. Personally though, as soon as he called me stupid I would have never considered, but whatever. There's no way I'd take that even as a joke. If that's what Narumi's okay with though, then it's their story not my own.

This reminds me of something, but I can't quite remember exactly which series.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 16, 2018 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
Very adorable start! And nothing but the truth! Accept it everyone. Katou is the best waifu.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 16, 2018 9:05 AM
Mar 2018
I don't believe when the main heroine say "okay" at the end of first episode 😂😂😂😂 love this.
Apr 16, 2018 1:13 PM

Oct 2017
So far we've got:

• Comedy
  • Good OP
  • unique take on the genre
  • Multiple ship potential

FireandIceMay 2, 2018 1:57 PM
Apr 16, 2018 2:01 PM
Mar 2018
i laughed so hard watching this ep, def will be watching it.
i also ship the MCs so muuuchhh
Apr 16, 2018 5:08 PM
Sep 2015
This has Kiss Him Not Me vibes and I'm loving it
Apr 16, 2018 6:58 PM
Jul 2017
This was hard to find on Amazon when searching by Japanese name, you have to look for English name: "Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku."

Enjoyed it and will keep watching for now but will not hope for too much; I felt let down by Net-juu towards the end.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Apr 16, 2018 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad. The characters were about as bland as the backgrounds but hopefully we'll see some growth. I loved how the two otaku started dating - it was so direct! Also, while the OP wasn't a song I particularly loved it does stand out as being different. Might even be a grower.
Apr 16, 2018 11:23 PM

Jul 2014
Frustratingly predictable, even knew she'd be a klutz on the job. It's serviceable though, despite the lame premise. Dislike the MCs voice actress. The male characters carried ep1.

I was about to ask how does noitaminA get down to this level after Fune wo Amu a couple of seasons ago? (But then I remember they had Kuzu no Honkai and After the Rain, so I guess they're losing the plot overall)
Red_TuesdayApr 16, 2018 11:27 PM
Apr 17, 2018 2:52 AM

Apr 2009
Hell yeah, really good first episode.
Apr 17, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2017
This is really good and very funny. I love it :D
Apr 17, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Overall this first episode is fun, but it is not so interesting as I looked, also the graphics quality is not so high, oh well! I hope you get better, for now I look at it during free moments, when I wait for the other anime series of my liking.
Apr 17, 2018 7:16 PM

Jul 2014
oww, i didn't expect much from this anime - i really don't know why. however, 1st episode was quite nice! totally got me! :) light and fun and very relatable.
i'm unsure about the animation quality, it was not the very best - but it didn't bother me much overall.

+ i really like Sawashiro Miyuki, glad to recognize her voice here! loved her voice acting as Bishamon and Kimishima Kana, and now her voice fits Hanako quite well so far, i think.
Apr 17, 2018 7:23 PM

Jan 2008
Remember reading the first couple chapters a ways back. This animated version was so much more enjoyable and man, Hirotaka is so relatable. Anime having a similar vibe to Net-juu which I really enjoyed as well.

The OP is really nice, I love it when they're doing those hand gestures.
Apr 18, 2018 12:18 AM
Jan 2016
I loved that first episode, lots of fun, really enjoyable, that episode really hyped me so hard, the reference of Saenae was really nice, last scene was like a confession but in a funny away! Promising episode, this anime atmosphere was prefect for me!

episode 10/10 for me!
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.