Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 13, 2018 8:54 PM
Nov 2017
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36280/Usatalk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33696/3D_Onara_Gorou_ga_Dance_Dance_Dance
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36157/Gokiburi_Taisou

im trying to watch a lot weird things and at the same time get my completed anime up.

by any chance does mal remove any stuff it made for an entry?
Apr 13, 2018 8:58 PM

Jul 2017
I guess by definition you can say they are anime since they are made in Japan... Why are you trying to increase you anime completed count by watching those anyways?

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Apr 13, 2018 9:04 PM
Nov 2017
i guess so my list can be unique and weird
Apr 13, 2018 9:05 PM

May 2015
They're quite old so if they haven't been removed yet, they most likely won't ever be.
Apr 13, 2018 10:23 PM

Oct 2015
If it's on MAL, it has to be anime.

MAL is the law around here.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Apr 14, 2018 2:35 AM
Aug 2016
I mean, they are on MyAnimeList so that's that.
Apr 14, 2018 2:37 AM

Jan 2018
nani da fuc hav u been smokin bruv??/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 14, 2018 2:39 AM

Aug 2009
otoutoskilled said:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36280/Usatalk
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33696/3D_Onara_Gorou_ga_Dance_Dance_Dance
https://myanimelist.net/anime/36157/Gokiburi_Taisou

im trying to watch a lot weird things and at the same time get my completed anime up.

If its animation made in Japan primarily for a Japanese audience then yes it is a anime.It doesn't matter how poor the animation is or how short it is.
Apr 14, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2017
Anime is anime if it's here at MAL. Simple as that.
Apr 14, 2018 2:40 AM
Nov 2016
I rate 10/10 for those anime, such great art works
Apr 14, 2018 2:50 AM

Mar 2018
Unfortunately, yes. Meanwhile, you can't call cartoons with anime-like art style like Avatar and Ben 10 anime no matter how much you want to.

Apr 14, 2018 3:05 AM

Mar 2015
this has enough japan people involvement that has market in japanese...it is anime...

YoungboyNFA said:
Fuck this, I asked is Boondocks anime 2 days ago and 90% told me it aint, you get 90% telling you yes on this weak shit.

is it produced by japan? is it made in japan? does it released in japan?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2018 3:17 AM

Mar 2015
YoungboyNFA said:
Kuma said:
this has enough japan people involvement that has market in japanese...it is anime...

is it produced by japan? is it made in japan? does it released in japan?

Anime is animation fam, but yh you right, outside of Japan anime is considered to be a art style. But in japan the word is for anything that is animation. So basicly Japanese people would call Boondocks anime.

EDIT1: In case you dont know what Boonddocks is, no its not made, produced in japan.

outside by who? mal define it by geography limitation...

japan call any animation as anime, even spongbob... i dont see the reason why bandooks is exception...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 14, 2018 5:08 AM

Sep 2011
According to MAL, yes they're considered as anime given they're accepted here. They won't be considered as anime if they have no entries in the first place.

Apr 14, 2018 5:09 AM

Mar 2015
YoungboyNFA said:
Kuma said:

outside by who? mal define it by geography limitation...

japan call any animation as anime, even spongbob... i dont see the reason why bandooks is exception...

The west has their own definition of anime while in Japan it's just a loanword for "Animation" is basicly what I'm saying. But since this is a western site we go by the western definition, wich is the art style and regional shit. But damn these anime look wack compared to Boondocks, wich is not considered anime on this site.

what make those anime less anime than lets said boondocks?
Apr 14, 2018 5:17 AM

Feb 2018
If you just want to fill ur liest up check this out
https://myanimelist.net/anime/16608/Shitcom
Apr 14, 2018 5:20 AM

Mar 2015
YoungboyNFA said:
Kuma said:

what make those anime less anime than lets said boondocks?

I mean by japanese definition there is no difference, but by western definition those anime has a lot less common with 99% of anime than Boondocks does.
I guess I'm thinking black and white right now because this is technically a western site.

what? those short is made by japan people for japanese audience... Usatalk even aired in japan animation art festival... boondocks? lOl
Apr 14, 2018 5:42 AM

Mar 2015
YoungboyNFA said:
Kuma said:

what? those short is made by japan people for japanese audience... Usatalk even aired in japan animation art festival... boondocks? lOl

Bruh you don't get what I'm saying. I'm not saying they aint anime, what I'm saying is they dont look like mainstream anime to me. Boondocks is basicly anime art style and just in general heavily inspired by anime. But its not considered anime. Look at that blob anime, does that look more like anime to you than Boondocks?

Tbh all I'm saying is its funny that people say these are anime but not Boondocks. I get why they say Boondocks aint anime, I'm just saying Boondocks definently has the same art style and vibe as mainstream SoL, comedy anime. A lot more than these weak anime that don't even have the art style nor story. Boondocks is not included in MAL, I get why, but I still find it funny. By western definition of the word "anime" Boondocks qualify 10x more than these. But again, I understand japanese people didnt make Boondocks, so its not anime by western definiton (this is a western site). Are you trying to argue with me or some shit fam, because I'm not really trying to make any point here.

i somply find "more qualified as anime" is obnoxius... i mean, why there is more? what anime art even? i mean, should we reconsider the canon anime simply because they aren't look like those what you consider anime even they are the one that becoe anime ground breaking like lets said chibi maruko chan, crayon shinchan, ETC? definite something by art interpretation is blurry already,,,
Apr 14, 2018 5:44 AM

Dec 2017
I don't know why would you want to spoil your list and waste your time with these "anime", and I'm more than sure you won't like them. Why watch them just for having more anime in your list? Watch something you like.
Apr 14, 2018 5:44 AM

Jan 2016
MyAnimeList defines anime simply as 'animation from Japan for Japanese audiences' from what I've seen, so anything that falls under that category gets on this site.

Neo Yokio is not on this site despite being animated by Studio DEEN as it isn't for Japanese audiences, I believe.
Apr 14, 2018 5:54 AM

Jul 2016
I do not consider them as an Anime but they are an Anime either way
Apr 14, 2018 6:18 AM

Aug 2015
"Anime refers specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style" Wikipedia
Here is your answer. Those are the animation and they are from Japan, so yes.
Apr 14, 2018 6:34 AM

Feb 2013
otoutoskilled said:
to answer this specifically, yes it does
this is the latest post concerning removed entries:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=140439&show=350#msg34632201

feel free to ctrl+f for other removed anime in that thread and try to notice patterns

as for list padding advice i suggest to see your "Missing Titles" on MALGraph, and the Music (read: music video) and Dementia genres
http://graph.anime.plus/otoutoskilled/recommendations,anime
Apr 14, 2018 6:37 AM

Sep 2017
Apr 14, 2018 7:20 AM

Mar 2017
As far as I can tell, the following seem to be the rules that apply:
1. If it's animated and from Japan, it's anime pretty much by definition.
2. If it's animated and from another Asian country, it's anime if it's sufficiently similar to Japanese anime.
3. If it's from anywhere else in the world, it's not anime regardless of similarity to Japanese anime.

"Rock Dog" is Chinese but it's more like a western computer animated film (e.g. Dreamworks) so it's not anime.
"RWBY" is stylistically very anime-like but because it's American-produced it's not anime.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Apr 14, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2017
if its on the website, its probably a anime

i like avocados on toast 
Apr 14, 2018 12:34 PM
Oct 2017
the only anime in those links was TWO CAR, which you should definitely watch
Apr 16, 2018 7:30 AM
serendipity

Oct 2015
everything on mal is considered anime so dw fam

βœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœ
i'll be a
bad girl who's
always good to her
boy
βœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœβœƒβœ

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 12 hours ago

37 by Zimmu »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

69 by Caciulacdlac »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 3 hours ago

12 by iThink »»
10 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 10 hours ago

24 by deg »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

82 by Zalis »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.