Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 12, 2018 3:14 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't read the VN so I don't know how this will turn out, but the score for this show has only gone up since the show started airing, which as far as I know, has never happened before.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2018 3:16 PM

Jan 2017
I feel like it will drop down to high 8s then later go up after it finishes to 9.05 or so. But I haven't read/played/ anything. I've only seen the anime
you're cool
Apr 12, 2018 3:21 PM
Oct 2017
I think that if they adapt the VN well then it will be about 9.10 after it finishes, since the last bit of the VN i found to be so thrilling
Apr 2017
I read it, and it's absolutely fantastic. Score might be staying like this for a while. I personally want it to become NUMBA WAN
Feb 2018
If you thought the original was mind rape you haven't seen anything yet
Apr 12, 2018 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
From what I know, this history is far better than the main, so expect a better score than Steins;Gate
Apr 12, 2018 3:24 PM

Apr 2017
It entirely depends on how smoothly they adapt the VN and the ending.
Apr 12, 2018 3:30 PM

Jan 2012
It depends if Seargent Cleaner shows up or not. Otherwise it wont be in the top 3.
Apr 12, 2018 3:31 PM

Sep 2013
Well no shit it will burst. What is even the point of threads like this when everyone knows the answer.

S;G 0 is great and I love it as much as the original, but I guarantee you most people won't agree and it'll probably stabilize around 8.50 or something.

That's assuming they don't screw up the anime adaptation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Fate_warrior95 said:
From what I know, this history is far better than the main, so expect a better score than Steins;Gate

Where the hell did you hear this nonsense? Go to vndb and compare the scores for the first SG VN to SG 0 VN
https://vndb.org/v2002
https://vndb.org/v17102

People clearly prefer the original, and that will likely hold true for the anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 3:52 PM
Jan 2017
Mickdrew said:
Fate_warrior95 said:

Where the hell did you hear this nonsense? Go to vndb and compare the scores for the first SG VN to SG 0 VN

People clearly prefer the original, and that will likely hold true for the anime.

I personally liked SG0 better for the most part. However, I personally believe(and I think most people agree with me on this) that the main issues of the SG0 VN is the time skip near the end and a few minor plot holes. However, the studio said that they added content which was not in the VN which clears up many things.
Apr 12, 2018 4:02 PM

Sep 2013
alucab said:
Mickdrew said:

I personally liked SG0 better for the most part. However, I personally believe(and I think most people agree with me on this) that the main issues of the SG0 VN is the time skip near the end and a few minor plot holes. However, the studio said that they added content which was not in the VN which clears up many things.

That's one of the major issues people have, but I doubt that it's the main reason. I predict that most people's problem with SG 0 is how angsty Okabe is for most of it and how little we will get of "Hououin Kyouma". Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind that at all and think they did a lot of interesting stuff with him being broken down, but people will just bitch about how their favorite character has been made "grimdark".
I know this because it's exactly how my brother reacted to hearing this - and no explanation or praise for how good the rest of the VN was could change his mind from that disappointment
Apr 12, 2018 4:08 PM
Apr 2018
It will finish with a 9.24 much like the original Steins;Gate it only gets better as time goes on and lets be real here Steins;Gate isn't #1 because of the slow start but Steins;Gate 0 has a faster start. The reason I'm saying SG0 will be 9.24 is because I believe that at the end of airing SG0 will be rated a masterpiece by most and will temporarily be above FMA brotherhood, then FMAB tards will rate SG0 a 1 until it falls to #2.
Apr 12, 2018 4:09 PM

Jan 2012
Mickdrew said:
Fate_warrior95 said:

S;G0 vndb score will probably rise after the anime. Its still not out on steam and the anime should give it a boost too. But yeah i also expect the original will be higher thanks to the original bonus, while 0 is only a midquel and the true end wont be as satisfying unless they air an remastered version of episode 24.

It will also depend on Seargent Cleaner and other stuff being merged into the anime mainroute. Still feeling optimistic both anime versions gonna end up close with closer to 9+. But ultimately it doesnt matter anyway.

(Personally i enjoyed 0 as much, but original was more special with less shortcomings and the annoying flowchart felt also like a more interesting vn structure than the PR->V&A->MWC linear structure with 3-4 hours subendings. Also obviously original ended on a higher note as 0 is just a midquel)
Apr 13, 2018 7:42 AM

Feb 2016
It has many powerful hype moments that can fit well at the end of episodes, so it can definitely maintain a good score. If the adaptation is good (read better than the VN), it can surely end up with a very high score. There is a possibility it could be more appreciated than the original.

Don't take the VN scores as deciding, the anime is already clearly trying and succeeding in fixing the presentation issues from there. The core story is at least as solid as the original.
Apr 13, 2018 9:06 AM
Sep 2017
Mickdrew said:

That's one of the major issues people have, but I doubt that it's the main reason. I predict that most people's problem with SG 0 is how angsty Okabe is for most of it and how little we will get of "Hououin Kyouma". Don't get me wrong, I didn't mind that at all and think they did a lot of interesting stuff with him being broken down, but people will just bitch about how their favorite character has been made "grimdark".

I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say an angsty Okabe is infinitely better than a cringey Kyouma.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Apr 13, 2018 9:27 AM

May 2016
Knightmare_YK said:
Mickdrew said:

I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say an angsty Okabe is infinitely better than a cringey Kyouma.

Yeah, you definitely not speaking for a lot of people. But I too wouldn't understand why they would not like "normie" Okarin. Do they want his whole character reduced to just a delusional memer? No, Okabe's character is so much more than just Hououyin Kyouma.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Apr 13, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
HyperL said:
Knightmare_YK said:

Yeah, you definitely not speaking for a lot of people. But I too wouldn't understand why they would not like "normie" Okarin. Do they want his whole character reduced to just a delusional memer? No, Okabe's character is so much more than just Hououyin Kyouma.

A lot of people (too many I'd say) are so drawn in by the Kyouma persona that they probably have a pretty hard time accepting the normie Okarin. He does rank 6th on character ranking which I highly doubt would be the case without all the chuunibyou talk
Apr 13, 2018 9:39 AM

Feb 2016
HyperL said:
Knightmare_YK said:

Most of the commenters I've seen across multiple sites think that his 0 portrayal is good and are interested in seeing his suffering, even more when they understand the context of this story. I very much doubt that would be a big reason why the score could be lower, there are some other things from the story that might not click well with all people and some things might not make much sense or look too cheesy at first without seeing the whole picture, but at the same time there are many powerful moments that might give hope for something "good" for them in balance and keeping them hyped for the next week. I'm expecting multiple gradual falls and returns of the score throughout the run.
AquamirrorApr 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Apr 13, 2018 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
As long as it's above Kimi No Nawa I'm good.
Apr 14, 2018 1:48 PM

Feb 2016
Well, with the people voting 1 for no reason at all, and being a 1% (which is a lot), probably around 9.10
Apr 14, 2018 3:30 PM
Nov 2015
If it manages to be as good as the first season until the end. And if the butthurt haters who can't see a show surpassing Brotherhood gets outnumbered enough by the people who actually watched it. Then it is pretty much possible that it will stabilize at over 9.3.
Apr 15, 2018 8:21 PM
Apr 2018
After Gintama's fanbase is done their attack I see it taking 4th place for now.
Apr 15, 2018 8:41 PM
Oct 2017
If the adaptation is actually good (so far it's nice) I think it'll be a 9
Apr 16, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2017
TomatoTheSupreme said:
After Gintama's fanbase is done their attack I see it taking 4th place for now.

Look at yourself in the mirror and look for motes in your eyes.
Apr 16, 2018 7:41 PM
Jul 2015
I'm a VN reader, I think it will be good (8.5) if White Fox keeps doing this great job. But I doubt that the plot, the explanation could be better than the source material. The VN has a unimpressive plot, weak explanation like some parts of the original S;G, even it has more.
The best part of the anime could be Okabe's PTSD, his reaction and all the scenes he has with Amadeus, Maho (maybe). After that it could be fall down

Apr 18, 2018 6:44 PM

Apr 2009
i will drop since the plot is bad. At least you don't have to waste 40 hours of gameplay to witness this trainwreck
Apr 18, 2018 8:59 PM
Apr 2018
zombieiscoming said:
I'm a VN reader, I think it will be good (8.5) if White Fox keeps doing this great job. But I doubt that the plot, the explanation could be better than the source material. The VN has a unimpressive plot, weak explanation like some parts of the original S;G, even it has more.
The best part of the anime could be Okabe's PTSD, his reaction and all the scenes he has with Amadeus, Maho (maybe). After that it could be fall down
with how the VN's are regarded I could see S;G0 taking 5th, many people say they are equal and the much darker tone of S;G0 is better for an anime adaptation. I think S;G0 may actually get to #3 at most and around #9 at least (obviously it can't achieve #1 because FMAB fanboys and their 20 alt accounts)
Apr 18, 2018 9:10 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TomatoTheSupreme said:
After Gintama's FMA:B and Kimi no na Wa fanbase is done their attack I see it taking 4th place for now.

Here, fixed your mistake
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 18, 2018 10:05 PM

Mar 2014
jTiKey said:
i will drop since the plot is bad. At least you don't have to waste 40 hours of gameplay to witness this trainwreck

Are we really going keep this meme up? If Steins;Gate was a 10 then Zero is a solid 8-8.5 at least.
Apr 19, 2018 3:58 AM
Sep 2016
... What bubble? LOL ;-) it's real! <3
Apr 19, 2018 9:03 AM
Apr 2018
And there's 6.01 and 3442nd place on Anicore. Such a difference I'd say.
Apr 19, 2018 12:23 PM
Oct 2016
If I didn't played Steins gate 0, I don't think I could've appreciated the series. That's why I can say that I enjoyed 0 more than the original.
Apr 20, 2018 6:27 AM

Feb 2018
I am really disappointed so far so for me it already has
Apr 20, 2018 11:47 AM
Jan 2018
Chaos;Child is better eitherway. It's pretty unnoticed thanks to the awful anime adaptation but it's just as good as S;G and better than 0.
Apr 20, 2018 11:02 PM

Nov 2015
Koyomi24 said:
Chaos;Child is better eitherway. It's pretty unnoticed thanks to the awful anime adaptation but it's just as good as S;G and better than 0.
They sacrificed Chaos;Child in favor of Steins;Gate 0. Can't they just give them both their proper adaptations? Or is that just how the world works?
Apr 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
It will soon go down not because of the anime itself but because there will be people who want to be the "enlightened" ones who'll point out baseless things for the sake of being a contrarian. They'll make smug remarks about pacing, writing and every other frivolous claim to put it down. They'd rather stay vague and make generalizations and not go into specifics and details to explain why it deserves a lower score. The ugly and negative part of social media has yet to start with this anime.
Janethan23Apr 21, 2018 12:58 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 21, 2018 1:16 PM

Oct 2017
Only if the anime goes downhill which it could. So far its great.
Apr 21, 2018 2:53 PM

Dec 2017
According to the story and atmosphere, the score won't change (9.18). But that depends on how the adaptation can handle the endings. I am really curious :)
I am ignorant - brace yourself!!!!
Apr 21, 2018 8:55 PM

May 2017
Just wanted to ask something if S;G 0 is midquel ,then won't the ending be a little unappealing or at the end they reconnect it with the original end of S;G ?
Apr 21, 2018 9:03 PM

Nov 2015
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Just wanted to ask something if S;G 0 is midquel ,then won't the ending be a little unappealing or at the end they reconnect it with the original end of S;G ?
Yes, basically, the chronology is Steins;Gate (1-22) -> 23b -> Steins;Gate 0 -> Steins;Gate (23-24).
Apr 21, 2018 9:22 PM

May 2017
AX3M said:
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
Yes, basically, the chronology is Steins;Gate (1-22) -> 23b -> Steins;Gate 0 -> Steins;Gate (23-24).
oh i see thnx for the explanation.
Apr 22, 2018 2:18 AM
Dec 2017
well the VN was amazing and as far in these 2 recent episodes anime is adapting it pretty good i dont think it will get down from 5-6 place and with an average rating of 9.08-9.14 but may be possible that this one will dethrone FMAB from 1st with rating more than 9.21
Apr 22, 2018 2:21 AM

Oct 2017
Dang, i've been randomly going "Tu-tu-ruu" recently...
Wish my future self would dmail me all episodes :D
Apr 22, 2018 3:45 AM

Jan 2018
Aindriu94 said:

Link please, can't find Anicore anywhere.
Apr 22, 2018 4:50 AM
Apr 2018
ChemicalBro said:
Aindriu94 said:

Here you are:
https://www.anikore.jp/anime/9407/
(actually is AniKore, my fault, sorry).
Apr 22, 2018 4:52 AM
Jul 2014
But still it's the top number 1 anime airing i think in that.
Apr 22, 2018 4:54 AM

Nov 2015
ChemicalBro said:
Aindriu94 said:

I couldn't find any Anicore website too when I tried a few days ago. But the website's stats would be much less representative though since all anime database websites other than MAL have a low user count.
Apr 22, 2018 4:56 AM

Nov 2015
Aindriu94 said:
ChemicalBro said:

Here you are:
Oh my f g, so it's Anikore not Anicore lmao xD. Hmm I don't know.. Anikore is supposedly for Japanese only.. MAL on other hand caters to everyone fond of anime. Maybe Japan doesn't like 0 that much for now?
Apr 22, 2018 4:58 AM

Nov 2015
Aindriu94 said:
ChemicalBro said:

Here you are:
But lol it's also the top 1 airing anime of the season too like in MAL atm: https://www.anikore.jp/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.