Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Raw is out for download (nyaa)

The first episode did its job at highlighting the workpalce and there's a lighthearted atmosphere. The working folks there all have different personalities but it's really fun to watch thanks to their character chemistry. Narumi is definitely my favorite character so far with her knowledge about different genres and just the way she reacts to certain situations.

The way she bonds with others is very fun to see. The comedy so far looks to be similar to the manga so that's also a plus. There's also other references including Saekano lol (pretty sure we'll see other series by A-1 making cameos). I'm not sure how to feel about the animation quality yet as it feels so-so. Still, an very entertaining episode.
Stark700Apr 11, 2018 4:20 PM
Apr 11, 2018 4:51 PM

Nov 2016
Was looking forward to this, as the premise suggested that is going to be very entertaining. First episode definitely delivered.

This seems to be a very good season for rom/coms.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2018 10:25 PM

Oct 2012
Aww Katou-chan.
Been waiting for this and it was great.
Apr 12, 2018 2:38 AM

Apr 2012
Well, quite well, what else can I say? Although I do not understand why the gamer guy should be treated like an otaku and a man with dubious interests.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
NexuApr 15, 2018 3:38 PM
Apr 12, 2018 7:43 AM
Oct 2014
I'm excited about this anime, Net-juu no Susume was quite good.
Apr 12, 2018 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
First day of transfer "because of various reason", and happen to meet her otaku friend. They have different ideas about revealing about otaku. The main girl wanting to have boyfriend but doesn't want them to know about her being otaku.

lol @ Saekano movie poster.

Both their co-workers seems nice enough. lol, so her co-worker is a cosplayer.

The male game otaku can do things while female one is clumsy. They are always together, but they consider themselves as otaku friends. lol @ "-don". Wait... the narration at the end.. did they really?

Both OP & ED were nice.

25:20 (30 mins. delay) next.
tsubasaloverApr 19, 2018 8:24 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 12, 2018 10:52 AM

Jan 2014
Adorable.
Only read as far as the first episode to confirm PTW and glad I did. I like the anime adaptations story progression better so far.
Apr 12, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2016
I like the OP and the ED.
Apr 12, 2018 11:53 AM
Mar 2017
Do you guys think a Fansub will start to translate it? I have Prime but would like to have it on my disk though :D
Apr 12, 2018 12:40 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was mad funny, i am throughly pleased with what i got here :D

Characters are chill in their conversations which makes it a breath of fresh air in anime for me everytime it happens.

Animation is also really nice.
Apr 12, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2016
Is this what they call a den of lions ?

Also was this one big advertisement for Switch and Monster Hunter ? :D

But now seriously, i can see that i would enjoy this show, very nice first episode please continue with that.

@RobertBobert glad to see im not the only one.
Apr 12, 2018 12:50 PM

Apr 2012
@Swagernator For some inexplicable reason, tomboy girls act like a magnet on me, lol.
Apr 12, 2018 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
A1 Pictures shamelessly advertising the saekano movie lol twice. Though, I have to agree Katou is best girl.

Starting off quite interesting. A romance between 2 adult otakus. Took the anime industry awhile to realize we want to see couples in a relationship instead of wait for a confession for seasons.
Apr 12, 2018 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
I'll be honest I didn't think this anime would be good but I'm glad this anime proved me wrong because this show is funny. especially how narumi wanted to silence hirotaka before he revealed that she's an otaku but ends up revealing it anyway. overall not a bad first episode great introduction to both the characters and the setting/plot. that little censorship with the name was unexpected but a part of me wants more random name censorship. I wasn't expecting hirotaka to be a bow user for MH also I too know the pain of farming for that damn ruby.
Apr 12, 2018 1:24 PM

Jul 2017
Not bad. It was a fine episode and I'm glad they got together immediately, albeit it did feel a bit anticlimactic.

OP is nice.
Apr 12, 2018 1:40 PM

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good episode. It's nice to see a romcom where the characters are adults. There were some references like the Switch and Monster Hunter. The faces Narumi makes are funny. Characters have some good chemistry.
Apr 12, 2018 1:42 PM

Dec 2013
Sub is out.
This was really good!

Mod edit: removed deleted post
BrandonApr 13, 2018 11:54 AM
Apr 12, 2018 1:49 PM

Jun 2016
ah, finally a good seasonal show that I can just sit back, relax and enjoy watching. Had some pretty funny moments as well.

Apr 12, 2018 1:50 PM

Dec 2017
I was wondering why Katou looked so familiar until I realized that A-1 was the studio animating this LOL.
Reina_OrikasaApr 12, 2018 1:57 PM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 12, 2018 1:55 PM

Feb 2015
UImoetard said:
A1 Pictures shamelessly advertising the saekano movie lol twice. Though, I have to agree Katou is best girl.

Starting off quite interesting. A romance between 2 adult otakus. Took the anime industry awhile to realize we want to see couples in a relationship instead of wait for a confession for seasons.

This 100%. Its also nice to see adults in a relationship rather than high school kids who blush at the thought of holding hands.
Apr 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Apr 2013
Eriri is best girl.

Anyways, this was hilarious. Salute to this guy for making it out of the so-called friendzone.

Now that we're moving away from high school, can we finally get more married couple romances while we're at it or what? Lol.
Apr 12, 2018 2:21 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a OL with a secret huh. But meeting an old friend that you haven't seen for ages on the first day in your new job sure is unusual. Hmm to think that both were avid gamers though. Their secrets though sure were tamer than i thought. Hirotaka sure was bold gaming in the office. Hmm an interesting first episode that introduced two main characters that have quite the unique relationship. Now thats what i call a relationship of convenience.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2018 2:30 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting start and great OP! :D

Otaku pair, please.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Apr 12, 2018 2:34 PM

May 2017
That was hilarious, but good lord the artwork before the OP is horrible.
Those absolutely shameless advertisements of Saekano, Sengoku Basara (I played this a lot when I was a child LOL) and Monster Hunter. Wow.
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Apr 12, 2018 2:36 PM
Mar 2015
Notamin does a great job drawing girls. At least a show that I do not hate to watch
Apr 12, 2018 2:41 PM

Feb 2018
Seems like a fun series although that "gamer. Dialogue felt a bit forced
Apr 12, 2018 2:42 PM

Nov 2010
And thus a relationship was born.
Apr 12, 2018 2:53 PM

Oct 2012
Chara-designs are ok but animation are bad, I mean BAD! The biggest problem is that their faces doesn't reflect emotions in their voice.
I also don't like Narumi's VA much, Arisa Date wasn't the best choice I guess.

The premise seems interesting but it would be a lot better if they toned down their expressive way of talk to fit the chara designs or if they went with usual anime designs if they speak like this.
Not really even close to level of Netojuu.

Guess it would take a lot getting used to this series... so let's hope it gets better.
Apr 12, 2018 2:54 PM

Apr 2009
I had enough with the High school romance animes. This one looks interesting.
Apr 12, 2018 2:58 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty fun episode. This is kind of fun seinen romcom show and the lightheart mood reminds me last year's recover mmo junk show, so another very relatable show. Looking forward to see their more developments~
removed-userApr 12, 2018 3:02 PM
Apr 12, 2018 3:07 PM

Sep 2015
Wait... two really good A-1 anime in the same season? What's going on here? This is not the A-1 Pictures I'm used to.
:p

But no, that was a really solid first episode... not to mention that Narumi's complaint about Drop-rates took me right back to the beautiful moment in BL2 when it took me 8-fking-hours to farm just one DPUH. Never again. Drop-rates are bullshit :|.
Apr 12, 2018 3:14 PM
Mar 2016
Wow nice ads Monster Hunter LOL
and lol Drop Rate for gem is more suck
RNG is bastard
well i wont set high bar expectation
this low budget at first look

still disappoint because line up seiyuu isnt 100% from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
NdanHMApr 12, 2018 3:27 PM
Apr 12, 2018 3:26 PM

Oct 2012
Nice first episode is nice. He already asked her out and she said YESSSS. Also of course it's easy to relate, BUT GODDAMMIT SO EASY TO RELATE. Gimme more.
Apr 12, 2018 3:32 PM

Dec 2017
the animation is pretty fine i guess, i don’t expect anything extraordinary from a rom-com except for the facial expression, this one has some of a good and funny expression though, especially Momose when tried to hide her hobby. other than that, everyone has a pretty flat expression. maybe because they’re an office worker maybe, not a highschool students anymore, all i can sense is a very chill and casual conversation, especially Hirotaka and Kabakura, they seems kinda bro for each other but doesnt show it.

and seeing Monster Hunter really bring me back, it’s been a pretty long time i didn’t see that game. Hirotaka seems a pretty chill for hanging out and played games together too.

i’m with Momose you know. back when i read the Manga, Hanako indeed has a big racks, an enjoyable sight on it’s own.

and Hirotaka proposal is goddamn sweet, a very beneficial one for her. seeing two people who shares the same hobby together is what i want too. and despite his weird proposal, their relationship is pretty genuine so i’m fine with that.

hope we can see the next pairing in action for the next episode. pretty fun first episode.
Apr 12, 2018 3:45 PM

May 2015
I agree, Katou is a cutie for sure. That SaeKano movie advertisement appeared twice, lmao.

Anyway, the manga is quite enjoyable, and the first episode delivered just that. Gonna be an enjoyable ride. Although, the animation is so-so in my opinion, but the OP and ED are pretty neat and catchy.

Apr 12, 2018 3:57 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I was expecting good things from this anime, and I'm glad to see that I'm not disappointed. It has a brilliant level of humor, the characters are very likable (I don't know about others but I'm loving the design - Hirotaka is very hot), and the storyline is unique and seems like fun to watch. I look forward to watching the rest of this over the next few months.

I'm glad to see that Hirotaka also doesn't waste time asking out Narumi. Although I know she's not exactly in it for the romance at the moment, I expect those cute moments to come in soon.
Apr 12, 2018 4:16 PM

Jan 2017
i found everything funny cos i read the manga >:o

heuhuehuh such cute relationship
itd be nice if i had an otaku friend irl ;-;
Apr 12, 2018 4:19 PM

Jun 2015
That was really fun, hope it will keep being this nice for its whole runtime.
Apr 12, 2018 4:35 PM

Jul 2015
That was a fun start, the chemistry between the main duo was definitely there, looks like I will have a nice time with this anime.

On the other hand I have to say that the animation/backgrounds felt lacking tbh, but that's not something that particularly bothers me much as long as it's not really bad.
Apr 12, 2018 4:46 PM

Jul 2013
GOD THIS SHOW IS MEME-TASTIC

that opening scene was rocky as hell though, animation-wise. what the hell was up with that?
Apr 12, 2018 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
I get to see Katou, I was able to hear Gintoki, more importantly the plot is very interesting.
Signature removed. Please check your inbox
Apr 12, 2018 4:59 PM

Feb 2018
It was pretty funny, episode 1 didn't disappoint!
I liked how they put on a lot of references without it sounding forces, as it often can sound.
I cracked at the flatline voice when Hirotaka said "yay Nicotine time" with a voice that says "i'm dead inside".

Also, very glad that they didn't beat around the bush the entire anime and then hook up, but they did so from the very start, that's very refreshing.
Apr 12, 2018 5:15 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic start.

Those Saekano advertisements, not once but twice. XD

Anyway, I loved this, super fun to watch, hilarious and the character chemistry is already really really good.
Loved the part where Narumi and Koyanagi recognize each other. xD

That Goddamn was brilliant. XDD

Love how Narumi shifts between being super cute at times with her tone and speech to making all these hilarious remarks and faces. Great stuff

The final scene was great.
Really looking forward to next week.
Apr 12, 2018 5:18 PM
Jun 2017
I didn't find what I expect from wotaku ni but I really can't say that was the bad start. Characters are so cute but story seems a bit standard. First episode showed that this series will be highly enjoyable
Apr 12, 2018 6:06 PM

Jun 2009
I need a Hirotaka in my life, too. xD Anyway, the ep. was really entertaining. So far my favorite premiere this season! I will definitely keep watching this one!
Apr 12, 2018 6:06 PM
Nov 2017
This anime is looking really good. I love everything about it so far.
I have this feeling that this will be like Net-juu no Susume from the Fall 2017 season.
Let's see what this anime has to offer. (・ω・)
Apr 12, 2018 6:12 PM
May 2015
1st episode and I am ready in love with this show, especially the characters. It's hilarious and goddamn, the references in this show....If you ask me, that's a great way to advertise the upcoming Saekano movie. Also.....

MONSTER.HUNTER..I'm a big fan of the game and this episode has a lot of MH references which put a big-ass smile on my face. My most favourite is this one

This scene just killed me because that's how I usually react when I don't get those Ruby/Gems. You know how long it took me just to get the fucking Rathian Ruby? I had to hunt Rathian 8 goddamn times just to get her goddamn Ruby. Actually, I was so close to throwing my damn controller because it's infuriating having to hunt her for about 20 minutes and not getting what I wanted.

Meanwhile, Hirokata got 2 Ruby in just one hunt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻...I am done!

All in all, this show is already a 9/10 for me.
jc9622Apr 12, 2018 6:19 PM

Apr 12, 2018 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
Man i always gotta give props to anime's that take place in adult life's since there so few of them every so often didn't know this was gonna be some Net-juu /otaku romance

lol straight up just found out about the saekano movie from a ad in a anime

show already sold me at Sugita and Sawashiro but the full on monster hunter reference killed me wasn't even a knock off he was fighting good ol rathian using buffs and power coating then it went on to them farming together for rubies which are a nightmare to get in the old games.

OP is cute with all the selfie like moments , this is gonna be great if they manage to keep it fun without feeling too pandering on the references using Monster hunter is like when gintama uses Dragon Quest it's easily recognizable

Apr 12, 2018 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
I really liked this episode. It also went by fast for me, which is a good thing.
Apr 12, 2018 6:53 PM
Feb 2017

This scene just killed me because that's how I usually react when I don't get those Ruby/Gems. You know how long it took me just to get the fucking Rathian Ruby? I had to hunt Rathian 8 goddamn times just to get her goddamn Ruby. Actually, I was so close to throwing my damn controller because it's infuriating having to hunt her for about 20 minutes and not getting what I wanted.

Meanwhile, Hirokata got 2 Ruby in just one hunt (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻...I am done!

subs are different on amazon
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

101 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

40 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

52 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 8 Discussion

38 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 8:00 AM

Poll: » Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2018

93 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Apr 17, 7:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.