Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru' Receives TV Anime

New
Apr 10, 2018 9:19 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
An official website opened for a TV anime adaptation of Kanko Nakamura's Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru manga on Wednesday. The anime is scheduled for an October 2018 premiere.

Synopsis
Having lost her mother at a young age, Misha Takanashi, a second grader with Russian blood, now lives with her Japanese father. Tsubame Kamoi, formerly a Self‐Defense Force officer, comes to the Takanashi household as a housekeeper. This is a home comedy where Kamoi, a hardcore lolicon, attempts to get near Misha as she tries to fight against her.

Staff
Director: Masahiko Oota (Gabriel DropOut)
Series Composition: Takashi Aoshima (Love Lab)
Character Design: Jun Yamazaki (Sansha Sanyou)
Studio: Doga Kobo

Nakamura originally launched the comedy slice of life manga in Shinshokan's yuri manga anthology Hirari, in November 2013, which switched to Futabasha's Monthly Action in August 2016 due to the former ceasing publication in 2014. The series currently has two volumes in print, with the third volume scheduled to be released on Thursday.

Official site: http://uzamaid.com/
Official Twitter: @uzamaid_a

Source: Comic Natalie

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! on MAL
NaruleachApr 16, 2018 7:12 PM

Apr 10, 2018 9:39 PM

May 2015
This is a home comedy where Kamoi, a hardcore lolicon, tries to get near Misha, who tries to fight against her.

GG 2018. The Anime of the Year has been decided.
Apr 10, 2018 9:45 PM

Jan 2016
These two reminds me kate and itsuka from sekai seifuku, even the behavior of the eyepatch girl is similar xd
Apr 10, 2018 9:46 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Kamoi is mah man, or shall I say mah woman.

And a half breed loli, damn son auto PTW.
Apr 10, 2018 10:00 PM
Apr 10, 2018 10:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
>Shoujo Ai

( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 10, 2018 10:11 PM

Apr 2012
Silver Link announces literally straight shota anime - everyone complains of pedo-bait and insult.

Doga Kobo announces shoujo ai with the official lolicon - everyone jokes about the "anime of the year" and hint that it will be hot.

Everything is clear with you guys. But I have only one question, why this studio?
Apr 10, 2018 10:18 PM

Jul 2017
Oh my god. Lolicon Yuri. And maids. I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

RobertBobert said:
Silver Link announces literally straight shota anime - everyone complains of pedo-bait and insult.

Doga Kobo announces shoujo ai with the official lolicon - everyone jokes about the "anime of the year" and hint that it will be hot.

Everything is clear with you guys. But I have only one question, why this studio?

Shota sucks. Yes I have double standards, I don't really care lol. As for why the studio, Doga Kobo has done New Game and Yuru Yuri! so I don't think it's too surprising?
TsubasaFamilyApr 10, 2018 10:22 PM
Apr 10, 2018 10:28 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Nice great to see Oota doing anime again, and SoL, shoujo-ai to top it off.
Apr 10, 2018 10:31 PM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
Shota sucks. Yes I have double standards, I don't really care lol. As for why the studio, Doga Kobo has done New Game and Yuru Yuri! so I don't think it's too surprising?

If you do not consider one pedo-bait, and at the same time another "hot title", then there is no double standard, lol. But since when did New Game become a yuri anime? I often meet people who see here some yuri, but for me in NG is not more yuri than yaoi in BNHA
Apr 10, 2018 10:36 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:

Yeah the double-standards are pretty clear to be honest xD
Apr 10, 2018 10:44 PM
Jan 2014
I see a loli, I see a maid, I see a good anime
Apr 10, 2018 10:46 PM
Jan 2014
RobertBobert said:

Both of these are great
Apr 10, 2018 10:46 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
RobertBobert said:

Doga Kobo is my go-to studio when it comes to SoL. And they've made some quality SoL anime through the years Tada-kun is the latest one.
Apr 10, 2018 10:47 PM

Apr 2012
Wasshio said:
RobertBobert said:

And I'll watch them both (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °) But nevertheless, I'm amazed how many things can become absolutely permissible for people, if you replace the characters with two girls or two girls. Although knowing Doga Kobo and considering the premise of the show, I doubt that it will come to open pedophilia.

Apr 10, 2018 10:55 PM

Apr 2012
Antagonized said:
RobertBobert said:

Doga Kobo is my go-to studio when it comes to SoL. And they've made some quality SoL anime through the years Tada-kun is the latest one.

Yes, they are great guys, when it comes to really high-quality cute and funny anime, it's silly to deny it. But I never thought that they would ever take such an exploitative work. However, we are talking about this after White Fox agreed to adapt Arifutera ...

@ItsXolo We will definitely make friends
Apr 10, 2018 10:58 PM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:

I'm probably one of the few who wasnt complaining. I'm super looking forward to Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san as well as this show now.

I'm actually surprised at how riled up people got about Kanrinrin-san considering the "shouta" is just a boyish looking kid who's actually a high schooler or some shit, meanwhile this show will have an actual jail time loli.
Apr 10, 2018 11:00 PM
Jul 2018
RobertBobert said:
Wasshio said:

And I'll watch them both (͡ ° ͜ʖ ͡ °) But nevertheless, I'm amazed how many things can become absolutely permissible for people, if you replace the characters with two girls or two girls. Although knowing Doga Kobo and considering the premise of the show, I doubt that it will come to open pedophilia.

To be honest it all comes down to the fact that this entire thing goes for a niche audience. Though if anything Im legit I'm just interested in the comedy, so if its funny for me or at least entertaining then that's fine. And the fact that it looks adorable, at least in the Visuals. A bit weird yeah? Buuuuut... depends.

It'll depends how this entire thing will get handled though, so.

I mean I've seen worse with these things.
Apr 10, 2018 11:05 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
RobertBobert said:
Antagonized said:

Yes, they are great guys, when it comes to really high-quality cute and funny anime, it's silly to deny it. But I never thought that they would ever take such an exploitative work. However, we are talking about this after White Fox agreed to adapt Arifutera ...

Hmm what do you mean by exploitative? Is it because do you see this piece of fiction a pedo-bait?
Apr 10, 2018 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
Jonesy974 said:
RobertBobert said:

I'm probably one of the few who wasnt complaining. I'm super looking forward to Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san as well as this show now.

I'm actually surprised at how riled up people got about Kanrinrin-san considering the "shouta" is just a boyish looking kid who's actually a high schooler or some shit, meanwhile this show will have an actual jail time loli.

^ That's basically what I was about to say.

I mean I get people may be not that comfortable but... it kinda gets questioned. Personally.
Apr 10, 2018 11:09 PM

Jul 2015
More shoujo ai :p
This can turn to be something fun
Apr 10, 2018 11:10 PM

Jan 2016
Yup I need anime like this.
Apr 10, 2018 11:10 PM

Apr 2012
Wasshio said:
RobertBobert said:

To be honest it all comes down to the fact that this entire thing goes for a niche audience. Though if anything Im legit I'm just interested in the comedy, so if its funny for me or at least entertaining then that's fine. And the fact that it looks adorable, at least in the Visuals. A bit weird yeah? Buuuuut... depends.

It'll depends how this entire thing will get handled though, so.

I mean I've seen worse with these things.

Yes you are right. But I also noticed that this year suddenly turned out to be overloaded with not only hyped projects, but also a diverse moe. Up to the point that "we" even get 2-3 full-fledged yaoi shows not counting the yaoi ecchi OVA. I did not see such diversity even in zero years.

@Jonesy974 Well, the character design there still looks like a generic straight shota doujinshi.
Apr 10, 2018 11:11 PM

Apr 2013
So a busty maid wants to screw a loli? Could lead to fun scenes, but could also be really stupid. Not sure about this one yet.
Apr 10, 2018 11:21 PM

Apr 2012
Antagonized said:
RobertBobert said:

Hmm what do you mean by exploitative? Is it because do you see this piece of fiction a pedo-bait?

Need to think. Well, I did not read this work, but I doubt that here is enough ecchi or perversion to talk about it. But the shoujo ai tag clearly implies that MC has a sexual attraction to Misha, not to mention the fact that it can also mean the presence of lesbian lolis...

So, fuel of this work in any case will be fanservice and a lolicon. And this is the same magazine that publishes Tsugumomo with its lesbian rapes and "jokes" about how the girl cheating forces her little brother masturbate to her, so I do not know what to expect.
Apr 10, 2018 11:33 PM

Nov 2010
Masahiko Oota?! Hell yes.

This is gonna be great.
Apr 10, 2018 11:53 PM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:
TsubasaFamily said:

If you do not consider one pedo-bait, and at the same time another "hot title", then there is no double standard, lol. But since when did New Game become a yuri anime? I often meet people who see here some yuri, but for me in NG is not more yuri than yaoi in BNHA

Fair enough lol I exclusively watch CGDCT and Yuri now, so I just really don't care about other genres in general unless something REALLY standout comes out.

New Game is definitely Yuri, Yuri encompasses a broader spectrum of shows than a lot of people realize. And if you're not convinced by that, well Yuru Yuri had actual yuri and so did Mikagura Gakuen by the same studio. This is the most yuri thing they've done probably, but I don't think it's unexpected.
Apr 11, 2018 12:06 AM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
RobertBobert said:

Fair enough lol I exclusively watch CGDCT and Yuri now, so I just really don't care about other genres in general unless something REALLY standout comes out.

New Game is definitely Yuri, Yuri encompasses a broader spectrum of shows than a lot of people realize. And if you're not convinced by that, well Yuru Yuri had actual yuri and so did Mikagura Gakuen by the same studio. This is the most yuri thing they've done probably, but I don't think it's unexpected.

I perfectly understand that yuri is not only in the official yuri, but the New Game is clearly not such a show. Having 1-2 potentially lesbian characters does not make the show yuri, unless you put on yuri goggles. Here was one potential pairing (Ko+Rin), but judging by the covers of the second season's discs, even the author himself is not serious about it.

Mikagura Gakuen generally develop MC as bi, as far as I know. But in any case, the problem here is not in yuri, but that this show is too fetishized compared to their usual works.
RobertBobertApr 11, 2018 12:11 AM
Apr 11, 2018 12:15 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:

I perfectly understand that yuri is not only in the official yuri, but the New Game is clearly not such a show. Having 1-2 potentially lesbian characters does not make the show yuri, unless you put on yuri goggles. Here was one potential pairing (Ko+Rin), but judging by the covers of the second season's discs, even the author himself is not serious about it.

I mean, the whole Class S theme (even though I don't like it) runs pretty strong in shows like that, which is why a lot of Yuri fans still call it Yuri, even if it's not explicitly stated. If there's no male love interest, it's fair game :P

There are a lot of fans who also call stuff like Non Non Biyori Yuri, because of Hotaru's feelings for Komari (though that doesn't really require goggles) and RengexCandy Store. It just depends. Now I'm kind of playing devil's advocate, because personally I wouldn't recommend these shows if someone said they're looking for Yuri, I'm just explaining what a lot of the fandom thinks.

I personally hope we get more explicit Yuri, which thankfully seems to be happening with Citrus, Kase-san, this show, Happy Sugar Life, Love to Lie Angle, and Bloom Into You (it hasn't been announced, but we all know it's coming).
Apr 11, 2018 12:40 AM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
RobertBobert said:

I mean, the whole Class S theme (even though I don't like it) runs pretty strong in shows like that, which is why a lot of Yuri fans still call it Yuri, even if it's not explicitly stated. If there's no male love interest, it's fair game :P

There are a lot of fans who also call stuff like Non Non Biyori Yuri, because of Hotaru's feelings for Komari (though that doesn't really require goggles) and RengexCandy Store. It just depends. Now I'm kind of playing devil's advocate, because personally I wouldn't recommend these shows if someone said they're looking for Yuri, I'm just explaining what a lot of the fandom thinks.

I personally hope we get more explicit Yuri, which thankfully seems to be happening with Citrus, Kase-san, this show, Happy Sugar Life, Love to Lie Angle, and Bloom Into You (it hasn't been announced, but we all know it's coming).

Oh, if we're talking about platonic romance and Class S, then we generally do not have any "not yuri" slice of life anime :D. But in any case, yuri is too important for me, so there are few things that annoy me more than people who never remove goggles and find lesbians even on those shows that were never created as yuri-bait.

But then again, I find the incest subtext in any show where there are sibling or cousins, what I'm talking about? In general, if seriously I do not have problems with yuri, I just do not want this to be a fanservice or a qeerbaiting.
Apr 11, 2018 12:51 AM

Jul 2017
RobertBobert said:

Oh, if we're talking about platonic romance and Class S, then we generally do not have any "not yuri" slice of life anime :D. But in any case, yuri is too important for me, so there are few things that annoy me more than people who never remove goggles and find lesbians even on those shows that were never created as yuri-bait.

But then again, I find the incest subtext in any show where there are sibling or cousins, what I'm talking about? In general, if seriously I do not have problems with yuri, I just do not want this to be a fanservice or a qeerbaiting.

Haha yah as far as all SOL anime being Yuri, obviously no one thinks that, but determining what to call Yuri becomes a really tricky task at some point. Like no one talks about Lucky Star as Yuri, but Hidamari Sketch gets brought up in Yuri circles plenty (used to at least, it's old now). Why? Well, personally I think doujin has a lot to do with it, there's way more Hidamari doujins than Lucky Star, hence people grow attached to those ships more.

As for me, I'm a complete Yuri nut. Anything with Yuri I'll like for the Yuri, I don't care how degenerate or fan-servicey it is lol. But! I hate yuribait. Like what Hibike Euphonium did, which I will never forgive KyoAni for -^- I am ok with "fanservice" though, I want to see the girls show their affection in that way since it's a natural part of a relationship.
Apr 11, 2018 1:11 AM

Apr 2015
I hope it is not a short anime of less than 5 minutes.
Apr 11, 2018 1:12 AM

Apr 2012
TsubasaFamily said:
RobertBobert said:

Haha yah as far as all SOL anime being Yuri, obviously no one thinks that, but determining what to call Yuri becomes a really tricky task at some point. Like no one talks about Lucky Star as Yuri, but Hidamari Sketch gets brought up in Yuri circles plenty (used to at least, it's old now). Why? Well, personally I think doujin has a lot to do with it, there's way more Hidamari doujins than Lucky Star, hence people grow attached to those ships more.

As for me, I'm a complete Yuri nut. Anything with Yuri I'll like for the Yuri, I don't care how degenerate or fan-servicey it is lol. But! I hate yuribait. Like what Hibike Euphonium did, which I will never forgive KyoAni for -^- I am ok with "fanservice" though, I want to see the girls show their affection in that way since it's a natural part of a relationship.

Well, no one forbade shiping, especially if the girls do not have a canonical pair or orientation. Although it does not prevent me shiping Rem x Ram, lol. Just when I look too yuri-sh anime like Urara, I can not relax because I'm distracted by debate about the orientation of the heroines :D And then we have Strike Witches, which seems to be consider completely not gay when the girl has a fetish of big boobs.

Well, Hibike is another matter, since the original work is more about intimate female friendship and heterosexual relationships, but KyoAni turned it into an extremely homoerotic "definitely not gay" entertainment. It's like Sanrio Boys, where the anime leaves behind the female MC and boy's girlfriends to create the illusion of yaoi-bait.

Apr 11, 2018 1:14 AM

Apr 2012
Rideontime said:
I hope it is not a short anime of less than 5 minutes.

I do not remember that Doga Kobo had such. Most likely there will be a full format.
Apr 11, 2018 1:39 AM

Apr 2016
Shoujo Ai + lolis are always a good combination.

Wait a minute ...
Apr 11, 2018 2:05 AM

Sep 2009
I read tyhe first chjapter of manga some time ago and I liked it. To bad I was unable to find more on English.
Apr 11, 2018 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
Cops will sure be busy in October
Apr 11, 2018 3:26 AM
Jan 2014
Electik said:
i like yuri but this is straight up pedophilia and all ppl interested in watching this should maybe re-evaluate their moral compass

Took longer than I thought for the triggered casuals with repressed sexuality to virtual signal on a semi-anonymous internet message board about cartoons, but it always shows up eventually.
Apr 11, 2018 7:31 AM

Jan 2017
You can come, October. My body is ready.
Apr 11, 2018 8:09 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Well, as long as it's funny ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 11, 2018 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
This is what the doctored ordered, with extra strength.

Apr 11, 2018 8:45 AM
Nov 2009
So many Shoujo Ai anime this year, I'm happy to see more.
Apr 11, 2018 9:44 AM
Jul 2018
Electik said:
Tsumugoi said:

No one cares about your opinion, kid.

Btw, straight up watching this. More Yuri the better.

yikes lol, hope you're never around actual kids if you're watching something like this

I don't like kids near me to be honest so I'm fine (?)

To be fairly honest I'm pretty sure people know the stances on this, when it comes to morality. I highly doubt people would support real "you-know-what" in here, unless someone legitimately and outright does.
Apr 11, 2018 12:04 PM

Jun 2013
Some of these responses though. I'll probably just watch it for the fun of it.
Apr 11, 2018 2:46 PM

Aug 2016
Electik said:

repressed sexuality? I'm a big ol' lesbian ain't nothin repressed abt that my dude

wat? the only thing we should re-evaluate is ur poor lil sis
Apr 11, 2018 3:44 PM
Dec 2017
Yay! another shoujo ai anime
Apr 11, 2018 6:13 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boy, the comments, not my kind of animu tbh
Apr 11, 2018 11:03 PM

Jul 2017
Electik said:
TsubasaFamily said:

If one's moral compass was dependent on the fiction they consumed, the entire world would have degenerated and been obliterated by now. No need to pass judgment on anyone interested in the show (myself included) :P

true however the fact that this was already made means there's big enough demand for something like this. someone thought about this, created it and successfully sold it. though someone's moral compass may not always be dependent on this kind of stuff it's still allowing the people who create this kind of thing to thrive and continue making such immoral things for entertainment. I'm not saying everyone who watches this is a pedophile however there definitely will be some watching it and this show enables them, which is /obviously/ an extremely bad thing.

I think that humans naturally gravitate towards fiction that tells very politically incorrect and absurdist stories, it's just in our nature. It wouldn't be very exciting, hypothetically, to experience stories that never tried to provoke or do anything outrageous, at least from my point of view.

As for enabling, I'm not sold on any of the arguments because they're based on conjecture. Now, I don't in any way condone pedophilic practice myself, though I acknowledge that pedophilia in and of itself is not an evil, and most psychological literature points to the cause as parts of the brain ceasing to mature prematurely. I also believe that removing all safe outlets for such behaviors (animated fiction being one) will result in the behaviors being more likely to manifest themselves in reality, not less. Studies have certainly suggested this is true for things like violence and sexual assault.

But in the context of this show, regardless of how reasonable you think my views are, it looks pretty harmless, funny, and cute *shrug*
Apr 12, 2018 4:17 AM

Aug 2016
Electik said:
anemonespotte said:

wat? the only thing we should re-evaluate is ur poor lil sis

tfw i don't have any siblings and I'm not some immoral creep. lmao you're the one I'm worried abt if you're watching this

yes u should be worried abt me, watch out
Apr 22, 2018 5:06 PM

May 2013
Failed opportunity at having a character called Mishu.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
27 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.