Forum Settings
Forums

'Koi to Uso' Manga Bundles OVA [Update 4/10]

New
Apr 8, 2018 11:22 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The wraparound band on the seventh volume of Musawo Tsumugi's Koi to Uso (Love and Lies) manga announced an original video anime on Monday. The episode will be bundled with the eight limited edition volume shipping this November.

The romantic drama manga has been simultaneously published in Japanese, Chinese, and English on DeNA's Manga Box application since August 2014. LIDENFILMS adapted the manga into a 12-episode television anime in Summer 2017, which was simulcast by HIDIVE and Amazon's now-defunct Anime Strike platform.

A two-volume side story novel written by Mamoru Iwasa (Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch novel) titled Koi to Uso: Koi wo Shiranai Shoujo was also published on Monday.

Sentai Filmworks licensed the anime in North America and plans to release it on Blu-ray on July 10. Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English and will publish the fifth volume on April 10.

A live-action film based on the manga opened in Japanese theaters last fall, featuring original characters and a love triangle between two boys and one girl, unlike the manga.

Source: Official Twitter

Update April 10
The official YouTube channel of Kodansha's Weekly Shounen Magazine posted a promotional video for the OVA on Tuesday. The OVA will comprise of Isshou no Koi (Love of a Lifetime), an episode written by the original manga author Musawo Tsumugi, and Koi no Kimochi (Feelings of Love), which adapts a story from the booklet included with the fifth special edition manga volume shipped in November 2016. The pre-order deadline for the limited edition bundle is August 31.

PV

VindstotNov 1, 2020 9:37 PM

Apr 8, 2018 11:25 AM

Jul 2015
Good thing is an ova not a s2

Just die already ...
Apr 8, 2018 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Oh, I wonder what kind of events there will be, because "to be continued in the manga" the end pretty much disappointed me.
Apr 8, 2018 1:29 PM

Apr 2016
Chances of a season 2 were low after that ending anyway. Personally didn't want one. OVA is acceptable.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 8, 2018 2:04 PM

Apr 2016
There are many things i never will understand about nippon.

Popularity of this manga is one of them.
Apr 8, 2018 4:25 PM

Dec 2014
Ugh.

I mean, if its not stupid melodrama then maybe it'd be a tiny bit better than the series. But with Dumbass McGee and his burial mound fetish, I doubt it'd be any good.
Apr 8, 2018 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
Not a big ass fan but hey, I think I can take this to be fairly honest.
Apr 9, 2018 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Please be a threesome ecchi.
Apr 9, 2018 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
People hate this so because it's something new. I'm tired of all these elitists.

Pretty happy that we are getting an OVA. I hope to concludes something from S1.
Apr 9, 2018 5:20 PM

Aug 2016
changelog_ said:
People hate this so because it's something new. I'm tired of all these elitists.

That's not how elitism works....
Apr 9, 2018 5:40 PM
Jul 2018
RoryBurrows said:
changelog_ said:

That’s something an elitist would say.
Apr 10, 2018 4:15 AM

Aug 2016
changelog_ said:
RoryBurrows said:

Sure... I'm a very big elitist with K-On, Soul Eater and Chuunibyou in my fav anime
Apr 10, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2017
RoryBurrows said:
changelog_ said:

Sure... I'm a very big elitist with K-On, Soul Eater and Chuunibyou in my fav anime

The idea that K-On, Soul Eater and Chuunibyou somehow exempt you from being an elitist is in and of itself elitism.
p00p
Apr 10, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2016
sothym said:
RoryBurrows said:

The idea that K-On, Soul Eater and Chuunibyou somehow exempt you from being an elitist is in and of itself elitism.
sothym said:
RoryBurrows said:

S H I T --- Y O U G O T M E T H E R E
Apr 10, 2018 8:02 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
News Update
The official YouTube channel of Kodansha's Weekly Shounen Magazine revealed a preview video for the OVA on Tuesday. The OVA will comprise of "Isshou no Koi" (Love of a Lifetime), an episode written by the original manga author Musawo Tsumugi; as well as the "Koi no Kimochi" (Feelings of Love) episode, which adapts a story from the booklet included with the fifth special edition manga volume shipped in November 2016.

The pre-order deadline for the limited edition bundle is August 31.

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
2 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.