Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 5, 2018 5:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Manga author Hiro Mashima announced on Twitter on Thursday that he will launch a new manga in this year's 30th issue of Weekly Shounen Magazine on June 27. Mashima mentioned in January that the series will be "a new form of fantasy" and Plue, a recurring character in his works, will make an appearance.

Mashima also announced plans for two Fairy Tail spin-off manga, one of which will serve as a sequel to the main series. Furthermore, he revealed that the final Fairy Tail anime season will begin airing this fall.

The adventure fantasy manga launched in Weekly Shounen Magazine in 2006 and ended last July, compiling a total of 63 volumes. Fairy Tail won the 33rd Kodansha Manga Award for shounen manga and also the Japan Expo Award in 2009. The manga has inspired multiple anime adaptations; including a 175-episode TV series, a 102-episode sequel, two OVA series, two anime films, several spin-off manga, and a side story novel series.

Prior to becoming defunct, Del Rey Manga published the first 12 volumes of the manga in English in North America. Kodansha Comics USA resumed its publication with the 13th volume in 2011 and released the last volume on January 23. Funimation licensed the anime for North American distribution and has been releasing the series on Blu-ray and DVD since April 2013.

Source: Ota☆Suke
VindstotNov 23, 2020 4:33 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 5, 2018 5:56 PM

Jan 2009
is he gonna work on that 3 new manga at the same time thats crazy but he draws so fast though so its possible
Apr 5, 2018 5:58 PM

Feb 2013
This guy is a legend.
I'm still waiting for a new Rave anime, it deserves it.
Apr 5, 2018 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
Guy has a lot of potential, hope he's going to put it to better use in his new project.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 5, 2018 7:16 PM

Aug 2015
He is such a hardworking guy totally unlike togashi and i really hope that this new series of his also get as popular as Fairy tail and Rave
Apr 5, 2018 7:18 PM

May 2015
No matter your opinion on the quality of his works, you gotta admit that the dude has a strong work ethic. He's staying at it even after finishing a long series like FT.

Apr 5, 2018 7:26 PM

Apr 2018
Whaaat? I can't wait for his next project. I thought he's gonna rest a bit after did Fairy Tail. And now new manga? I think he already have got a new idea while he's working on his project before. So stunning
Apr 5, 2018 7:44 PM

Aug 2014
Ulquiorra said:
This guy is a legend.

A remake for a masterpiece.
Truly needed.

Kittens-kun said:
No matter your opinion on the quality of his works, you gotta admit that the dude has a strong work ethic. He's staying at it even after finishing a long series like FT.

His Rave Master is one of a hell a ride.
FT otherwise indeed an underwhelming "Friendship asspull".
Apr 5, 2018 7:47 PM

Sep 2017
i don't like fairy tail too much but like others have said, i can appreciate how hard working this damn guy is lol.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Apr 5, 2018 7:55 PM

Feb 2013
Hopefully it's more like the amazing Rave Master rather than the "meh" Fairy Tail lol.

Dude is an insane worker though. I remember he, on more than one occasion, released two Fairy Tail chapters in a week.
Apr 5, 2018 8:18 PM

Aug 2015
Lol XD
He sure is a hard worker.
I hope he won't add up too much nakama powaaa on this one.. XD
shockzz1234 said:

Dude is an insane worker though. I remember he, on more than one occasion, released two Fairy Tail chapters in a week.
he did it on more than one occasion And I believe it lasted for a month at that time. So he actually released 8 chapters in a month! XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Apr 5, 2018 8:24 PM
Jul 2018
Mashima is insane as fuck of a guy when it comes to writing. Despite the quality of FT decreasing, I do give credit for his dedication lol.
Apr 5, 2018 8:25 PM

Jun 2014
I'm not, to put it lightly, the biggest fan of Fairy Tail, but damn this guy works hard. Hopefully these new works are better with less nakama power. Also I'm kind of interested in the FT sequel despite my negative views of the series.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 5, 2018 8:27 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Doubt he's become a better writter in the what 6 months since he's ended FT? I don't understand how outputting more work makes him superior and top tier.

madarchod said:
He is such a hardworking guy totally unlike togashi and i really hope that this new series of his also get as popular as Fairy tail and Rave

You do know Togashi has extreme medical conditions right?
Apr 5, 2018 8:43 PM
May 2017
Fairy Trash is continuing on the graces of its braindead fanbase.
madarchod said:
Lets not compare someone who can actually write, with a joke of a mangaka who pumps out nakama power circle jerks.
Apr 5, 2018 8:59 PM

May 2015
Taifood said:
madarchod said:
Lets not compare someone who can actually write, with a joke of a mangaka who pumps out nakama power circle jerks.

"They like something I don't, so they're braindead fanboys!"

Apr 5, 2018 9:02 PM

Jan 2016
I'm looking forward to this.
Apr 5, 2018 10:12 PM

Jul 2017
i think this just triggered my ptsd from fairy tail's decline
Apr 5, 2018 11:44 PM

Mar 2015
this guy is madman... not really liking later part of FT, but as long it's fun, why not? and look taking rave master route? yeah count me in...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 6, 2018 1:36 AM

Jan 2016
people hate but I soooo happy for both. Will follow both. I need me more Nalu. A sequel anime too.
Apr 6, 2018 2:02 AM

Mar 2017
FMmatron said:
Guy has a lot of potential, hope he's going to put it to better use in his new project.

Yeah...let's hope for the best..bro
Apr 6, 2018 10:59 AM
May 2017
Kittens-kun said:
Taifood said:

No. Fairy Tail became objective garbage. Before it’s final arc you could say what you like but not now.
Apr 6, 2018 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
Hiro really is a work horse. It still amazes me at the speed he can draw his chapters even to this day.
Apr 6, 2018 12:40 PM

May 2015
Taifood said:
Kittens-kun said:

No. Fairy Tail became objective garbage. Before it’s final arc you could say what you like but not now.

No such as "objective garbage."

Apr 6, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Taifood said:
Kittens-kun said:

funny coming from someone who has bnha at 9. worst shounen ever.
Apr 6, 2018 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
Haven't read any of his works but wow, I would have thought that this guy would have wanted a short break to relax after finishing FT but that doesn't seem to be the case!
Apr 6, 2018 8:53 PM

Dec 2017
Liked Fairy Tail. Seeing that my man is a hard worker. Good Job.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 7, 2018 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
Hopefully he focuses more on making a good story and less on fanservice.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 7, 2018 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
Xaelath said:
Ulquiorra said:
This guy is a legend.

Truly needed.

Kittens-kun said:

Actually FT (specially post-Fantasia, and MUCH SPECIALLY post-Tenroujima) was his only truly BAD job.
In this he basically went fuck power level bizarre inconsistency, also, nakama power is as a legit power up (and used 80% of fights) because why not.
Not to mention his crush on omnipotent Erza and Natsu almost never losing, or doing any strategies to justify his winning against much stronger opponents. NOPE! Just nakama speeches to fire him up.

Take a look on Mashima-Hen collection of one-shots, is solid as hell.

But I have doubts about this one. Maybe the cancer-tier writting he got is still plaguin him.

Also, he really should settle for just making ecchi. His ero scenes are consistent in lewd "quality", if you know what I mean...that thing did not failed FT later arcs at all /lol

Overated as hell, yes, but the worst shounen ever is actually Black Clover, followed close by DBSuper multiversal tournament.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 7, 2018 11:54 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
For the guys calling togashi lazy, he has health issues, you doodooheads.
LeonhartAugustAug 15, 2018 3:31 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:53 PM

Apr 2017
Say whatever about FT or Rave but you gotta admit that this guy is one of the most hardworking mangaka ever. He never misses any weekly issue and sometimes puts double chapters. I have never seen this guy took a break or hiatus. If only his writing was as good as his sense of duty, he would be my favorite mangaka hands down. But sadly most of Fairy Tail is thrash and Rave is just "meh".
Apr 7, 2018 3:55 PM

Mar 2014
BroxSaurfang said:
Say whatever about FT or Rave but you gotta admit that this guy is one of the most hardworking mangaka ever. He never misses any weekly issue and sometimes puts double chapters. I have never seen this guy took a break or hiatus. If only his writing was as good as his sense of duty, he would be my favorite mangaka hands down. But sadly most of Fairy Tail is thrash and Rave is just "meh".

Nah, Rave is good -for a shounen, that's it. Nothing STELLAR, but good.
Mashima-hen is okay-ish.
FT is an abomination, in their last arcs.
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Apr 7, 2018 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Fabris said:
Xaelath said:

Truly needed.

Actually FT (specially post-Fantasia, and MUCH SPECIALLY post-Tenroujima) was his only truly BAD job.
In this he basically went fuck power level bizarre inconsistency, also, nakama power is as a legit power up (and used 80% of fights) because why not.
Not to mention his crush on omnipotent Erza and Natsu almost never losing, or doing any strategies to justify his winning against much stronger opponents. NOPE! Just nakama speeches to fire him up.

Take a look on Mashima-Hen collection of one-shots, is solid as hell.

But I have doubts about this one. Maybe the cancer-tier writting he got is still plaguin him.

Also, he really should settle for just making ecchi. His ero scenes are consistent in lewd "quality", if you know what I mean...that thing did not failed FT later arcs at all /lol

Overated as hell, yes, but the worst shounen ever is actually Black Clover, followed close by DBSuper multiversal tournament.

Fairy Tail was pretty decent when it was out back then.
I still didn't get what happened to it after years of writing + rave master.

Rave Master would be a fenomenal shounen these days due the MC and some main character progress actually good where there's actually dead people making their choice for the better good, not dead people suddenly resurrected by nakama power.
Haru himself get alot of character progress both power and personality yet alone other side such as Musica.

Meanwhile majority of Shounen these days > more girls > more fanservice > edgy move > but dumbed down.
I don't remember encountering these problems in Rave Master.
Meanwhile in Fairy Tail every of them appear to be there...
Apr 8, 2018 7:05 AM

Sep 2010
Probably will be like Boruto or whatever its called where it focuses on the next generation I mean he already gave us sketches of Gray/Juvia,Levy/Gajeel, and Natsu/Lucy children.

I don't know if I will read the new manga or not.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 10, 2018 8:14 AM

Nov 2007
The announcement page
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/277474
tsubasaloverApr 10, 2018 8:17 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 11, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2008
Not suprised that Plue is making an apperance.
Apr 12, 2018 7:34 PM

Aug 2010
I'll probably wait for reviews before reading.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 13, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2011
I'mma laugh if the main character's name is "Aki."

Now we wait and see who gets that dumb, low-hanging joke that just occurred to me...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 14, 2018 3:28 PM
Feb 2016
plue my baby, i will read it. it will maybe mend the hole fairy tail left in my heart once it ended<3
clown president general plue
Apr 15, 2018 1:19 PM

May 2011
Really don't understand all the hate for Fairy Tail, I enjoyed it, it's just an ecchi shounen series, yeah, the ending sucked and I can't defend it, even Hiro didn't but the rest of the series was really enjoyable and no series is perfect.

Whatever, I'm looking forward to his new series, and also, looking forward to the anime.
Apr 16, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2012
MistLiigh said:

Now we wait and see who gets that dumb, low-hanging joke that just occurred to me...

Haru=Spring
Natsu=Summer
Aki=Autumm
Apr 16, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2011
SuperRed said:
MistLiigh said:

Haru=Spring
Natsu=Summer
Aki=Autumm

Thank you for validating my lame sense of humor by getting the joke XD
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Apr 16, 2018 5:15 PM

Jan 2018
I want to assume the booming of anime is because of people looking up to Mashima.
Apr 19, 2018 2:37 PM

Oct 2017
Well hopefully he gets a writer to help him this time with the plot and characters...
May 25, 2018 9:28 AM

Jul 2015
May 26, 2018 7:22 PM
Mar 2017
PLEASE BE AS GOOD AS RAVE MASTER and not as bad as Fairy Tale.
It's been more than six years and I still remember some scene or characters from Rave Master because it's just that good.

I recommend people to read Rave Master if they get bad taste left on their tongue on Fairy Tale. I swear, I cry a lot on Rave Master.
Sieghart man, he is too great.
May 26, 2018 7:25 PM
Mar 2017
MistLiigh said:

LMAO, obviously it will be Aki... Or Fuyu.
Haru: Spring, a kind dude.
Natsu: Summer, hot headed person.
Aki: Fall. I expect him to be laid back
May 26, 2018 7:35 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017

Mashima. You never surprise me yet somehow disappoint constantly.
May 27, 2018 4:32 AM

Nov 2012
Stripes said:

Mashima. You never surprise me yet somehow disappoint constantly.

Natsu X Gray was the true OTP all along.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.