Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 26, 2014 6:41 PM
Jul 2018
glad to see more people are enjoying this.
Dec 14, 2014 7:46 PM

Sep 2014
so the ending is open-ended.

you don't have to applaud the relationship. but man. it was pretty intense.

overall, it was a serious look at incest that was well executed. I enjoyed this anime. Also, I just noticed that he finally said "I love you." He was unable to deny it anymore, no matter how much he wanted to.
Jan 17, 2015 1:51 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. Just wow.

This show is definitely a hidden gem. I liked the way the issue of incest was handled. Incest is a taboo subject and a lot of anime don't really take seriously or show it a realistic way. This show did that. As creepy as incest is, I had intense emotions while watching this show.

8/10

P.S. I still think that incest is wrong.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Jan 17, 2015 4:59 PM

Jun 2013
waterfallsxo said:
Wow. Just wow.

This show is definitely a hidden gem. I liked the way the issue of incest was handled. Incest is a taboo subject and a lot of anime don't really take seriously or show it a realistic way. This show did that. As creepy as incest is, I had intense emotions while watching this show.

8/10

P.S. I still think that incest is wrong.
Ofc. The way this story is told is really well done in such a way that however the subject is wrong you feel one with the characters.

The manga is great also, the anime skipped some parts but it isn't so 'effective' as the anime.
Feb 2, 2015 4:35 PM

Nov 2013
Japan. Brother & Sister. Forbidden romance. Incest. I suppose it happens in every country. But the Japanese seem to be good at putting it into a cohesive story with a window into the couple's feelings. As an 'only' child, I cannot imagine having romantic interests in a sibling. Especially with a 12 year difference. A couple might get away with that in New Jersey, but in Japan, 'normal' folks find it repulsive. But the story gives us insight into how the couple feels and raises questions like "what's right and what's wrong?" and "What does it matter if the couple are happy together?" In the case of Koi Kaze, it's not only incest, but because the younger sister is only in first year high school, it would also be considered ephebophilia.
One has to question, why does Nature turn on the reproductive systems at such an early age? Does Nature not intend the species to begin procreation at that time? If so, then is society at fault for interfering with a natural process? Doesn't the conflict of body and society create stress on the young? This series, in a daily living setting, explores these questions. I can't say that any definitive answers are found, but one couple chooses to live "like that". I wonder how many more situations like that, exist in Japan? Some people will hate this series. Others will find it to be a straightforward 'slice of life' anime, with very ordinary people and none of the typical visual jokes that we see commonly in anime. It is a lot like the later chapters in the manga "Usagi Drop", so I have heard, and have been cautioned not to go beyond the TV series if that stuff bothers one's sensibilities. Shocking in some ways, like "Aku no Hana", too.
Oh lord, we've come a long way from "Macross"!
Feb 24, 2015 5:32 PM

Aug 2014
I found myself mostly bored with Koi Kaze due to the pacing.

I would have really enjoyed it more if they sped up the wincestual romance early in the anime and then go from there, since that would have made it more interesting than just the whole getting to know each other, then dealing with feelings, and then doing physical stuff at the end. They should have done the physical stuff early and go from there storywise.

Another problem i have: I look at the parents of the two MC. The dad is average height and a bit chubby and not muscular. The mom is average height and skinny. So why in the world is the male MC drawn like over 6 feet tall with tons of muscles and looks like he can play american football. While the female MC is drawn like she's barely 5 feet tall and looks much much younger than her age (16). I just dont get why they did that. This aspect shaded the fact that this is an wincest anime, and it made it more of a romance between two people with a big age-gap romance, which is not what we signed up for.

overall, it was just a bland anime. Koi Kaze should have been 10-episodes and not 13, to speed up the pacing. Also, the wincestual romance should have started much early on in the anime, and no so late.
oooo3333Apr 17, 2022 8:08 PM
Mar 1, 2015 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
Impressive, insightful, and strangely refreshing. I have to keep finding more hidden gems like this.
May 19, 2015 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
ooo333 said:
One of the best animes. 10/10

Love the pacing, the graphics, everything!!!

BUT I HAVE ONE HUGE PROBLEM!!!!!

I look at the parents of the two MC. The dad is average height and a bit chubby and not muscular. The mom is average height and skinny.

So why in the world is the male MC drawn like over 6 feet tall with tons of muscles and looks like he can play american football. Whiile the female MC is drawn like she's barely 5 feet tall and looks much much younger than her age (16). I just dont get why they did that.

They did it for dramatic effect. By making the guy big and kinda unattractive and the girl tiny and petite is just to make audience feel more unconformable about the situation.

EDIT: By the way....it's funny how many people here don't know how to count.

15+1=16.
KuruwinMay 19, 2015 11:33 PM
May 28, 2015 8:27 PM
Jun 2013
When they were in the ferris wheel, I thought the wind is going to blew them all the way to top, then? how do they get down? Guess its gonna be some drama and heart breaking stuff later on, but it didn't happen, I wonder if I should be happy.
Aug 16, 2015 8:59 AM

Dec 2014
I kinda knew I wasn't going to like it and well, I didn't like it. I really wanted to see the parents finding out, oh well. 5/10 because at the very least it had me wanting to watch the next episode to see what would happen.
Dec 3, 2015 4:31 PM

Nov 2015
Love knows no borders (fuck society) =)
favorite anime
10/10 story
10/10 makes you cry
Feb 14, 2016 6:26 PM
Sep 2010
The faeris wheel felt like a parallel to their relationship. Although they might want it to, that shit ain't goin' nowhere.

I think if they really loved each other they would realize that they shouldn't lead their love into a life oppressed by society and ostracized by their family/friends. Ultimately I think they were more selfish and dependent than in love, clinging to each other mostly out of desperation.

From an objective standpoint it was an interesting story and a well done show, but I can't say that I particularly enjoyed it.
kinuyasha2Feb 14, 2016 6:30 PM
May 11, 2016 6:04 PM

Apr 2012
10/10. One of my favorite romance anime.

Now I will recommend this anime to my little sister.
May 30, 2016 7:37 AM
May 2016
basspig said:
Japan. Brother & Sister. Forbidden romance. Incest. I suppose it happens in every country. But the Japanese seem to be good at putting it into a cohesive story with a window into the couple's feelings. As an 'only' child, I cannot imagine having romantic interests in a sibling. Especially with a 12 year difference. A couple might get away with that in New Jersey, but in Japan, 'normal' folks find it repulsive. But the story gives us insight into how the couple feels and raises questions like "what's right and what's wrong?" and "What does it matter if the couple are happy together?" In the case of Koi Kaze, it's not only incest, but because the younger sister is only in first year high school, it would also be considered ephebophilia.
One has to question, why does Nature turn on the reproductive systems at such an early age? Does Nature not intend the species to begin procreation at that time? If so, then is society at fault for interfering with a natural process? Doesn't the conflict of body and society create stress on the young? This series, in a daily living setting, explores these questions. I can't say that any definitive answers are found, but one couple chooses to live "like that". I wonder how many more situations like that, exist in Japan? Some people will hate this series. Others will find it to be a straightforward 'slice of life' anime, with very ordinary people and none of the typical visual jokes that we see commonly in anime. It is a lot like the later chapters in the manga "Usagi Drop", so I have heard, and have been cautioned not to go beyond the TV series if that stuff bothers one's sensibilities. Shocking in some ways, like "Aku no Hana", too.
Oh lord, we've come a long way from "Macross"!

Lets get this straight, sexual attraction to mid-late teenage girls is perfectly natural and healthy part of an adult's behavior. Back in the paleolithic, the life span of a human is just 20 years old. Pregnancy lasts 1 year. Consider the high infant and child mortality back then, if humans weren't sexually attracted to another who's under the age of 18, humanity would've been extinct LONG time ago. We survived this long precisely because humans back in the stone age have no morale objections and felt naturally inclined to banged "under age" but post pubescent girls.

As humanity progressed and becomes more "civilized", the rise of society and increasing importance of the family unit led us to self imposed restrictions on the age which relationship can develop. First it was 12, then 13-15 during the middle age, now finally, in modern society, age of consent is raised to a whopping 18 years old and any adult with age difference greater than 3 having carnal knowledge of a teenage minor is to be treated as statutory rape in the eyes of law. Reason? maturity level and age difference render mutual consent to be neared impossible. So keep this in mind high school senior. Thinking about going out with that hot 14 year old freshman? you're gonna be charged with statutory rape if anyone reports you.

Come on... as if just because the clock hit the seconds of your 18th birthday, you are suddenly wise and mature enough for a healthy, non exploitative relationship. puft.
May 30, 2016 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
GAOtheAnimeLover said:

Lets get this straight, sexual attraction to mid-late teenage girls is perfectly natural and healthy part of an adult's behavior. Back in the paleolithic, the life span of a human is just 20 years old. Pregnancy lasts 1 year. Consider the high infant and child mortality back then, if humans weren't sexually attracted to another who's under the age of 18, humanity would've been extinct LONG time ago. We survived this long precisely because humans back in the stone age have no morale objections and felt naturally inclined to banged "under age" but post pubescent girls.

As humanity progressed and becomes more "civilized", the rise of society and increasing importance of the family unit led us to self imposed restrictions on the age which relationship can develop. First it was 12, then 13-15 during the middle age, now finally, in modern society, age of consent is raised to a whopping 18 years old and any adult with age difference greater than 3 having carnal knowledge of a teenage minor is to be treated as statutory rape in the eyes of law. Reason? maturity level and age difference render mutual consent to be neared impossible. So keep this in mind high school senior. Thinking about going out with that hot 14 year old freshman? you're gonna be charged with statutory rape if anyone reports you.

Come on... as if just because the clock hit the seconds of your 18th birthday, you are suddenly wise and mature enough for a healthy, non exploitative relationship. puft.

Excellent points. Historically, humans bred at puberty, during the dark and middle ages. And in Japan, a tradition called "Yobai" (creeping) was a coming-of-age annual ceremony where young males were allowed to roam the village and have the girl of their choice by sneaking into their unlocked bedrooms.

Modern society has dumbed people down to the point where we have 40 year olds living in their parents homes. But that's partly an economic problem.

Scientifically, some medical journal observes that certain regions of the human brain are not fully developed before about 18 years, and hence the ability of children to make responsible decisions may be less than that of a biological adult.

But modern society puts these restrictions. And it is considered appalling for an adult male to be attracted to a thin, healthy young female of early teens. But with the increase in obesity and "feminazi" type women, I can understand why men may find teenage girls more attractive than the adult counterpart that may seem more like a Rosie O'Donnell type.

The law is an arbitrary thing, and whether its hours or days, when that clock strikes 18, a relationship between teens changes radically in the eyes of the law. Unfortunate in many ways.

I see a lot of middle age men (50-60-ish) marrying young Filipinos because the Asian girls at 20 or 25 look like American girls at 14. Heck, I've seen some 14 year olds that could pass for 40. Yuck. But for men who can't find American adult women sexually attractive, either because of their self-important and hateful attitude, or because of the fact that they are 100lbs overweight at heading for a life of diabetic care, Asian women are a lifesaver. No bad attitude, usually much less overweight if at all, and old fashioned values.

There must be a reason why puberty sets in when it does. Probably not to torture the young with forbidden affairs, either.. ;-)
May 30, 2016 4:45 PM
May 2016
basspig said:
GAOtheAnimeLover said:

Excellent points. Historically, humans bred at puberty, during the dark and middle ages. And in Japan, a tradition called "Yobai" (creeping) was a coming-of-age annual ceremony where young males were allowed to roam the village and have the girl of their choice by sneaking into their unlocked bedrooms.

Modern society has dumbed people down to the point where we have 40 year olds living in their parents homes. But that's partly an economic problem.

Scientifically, some medical journal observes that certain regions of the human brain are not fully developed before about 18 years, and hence the ability of children to make responsible decisions may be less than that of a biological adult.

But modern society puts these restrictions. And it is considered appalling for an adult male to be attracted to a thin, healthy young female of early teens. But with the increase in obesity and "feminazi" type women, I can understand why men may find teenage girls more attractive than the adult counterpart that may seem more like a Rosie O'Donnell type.

The law is an arbitrary thing, and whether its hours or days, when that clock strikes 18, a relationship between teens changes radically in the eyes of the law. Unfortunate in many ways.

I see a lot of middle age men (50-60-ish) marrying young Filipinos because the Asian girls at 20 or 25 look like American girls at 14. Heck, I've seen some 14 year olds that could pass for 40. Yuck. But for men who can't find American adult women sexually attractive, either because of their self-important and hateful attitude, or because of the fact that they are 100lbs overweight at heading for a life of diabetic care, Asian women are a lifesaver. No bad attitude, usually much less overweight if at all, and old fashioned values.

There must be a reason why puberty sets in when it does. Probably not to torture the young with forbidden affairs, either.. ;-)

My point is 18 years olds and older does not necessarily mean one has the maturity to consent to a sexual relationship. Believe me, ive seen adults who are depressingly childish and immature.

Similarly, just because someone is under 18, does not mean she/he is not competent to give consent. it all depends on a person's maturity level which develops differently from person to person. Generally girls mature mentally and sexually at a younger age than boys but not always.
Age of consent therefore isn't black and white like the rigid law codes make it out to be. It is indeed arbitrary how law codes branded an adult as a rapist by default if he.... made a move on a minor.

Many people find this anime disturbing because of the incest, not the pedophilia because this is NOT pedophilia.
GAOtheAnimeLoverMay 31, 2016 12:50 PM
May 30, 2016 10:07 PM

Jul 2013
I agree with the last part and i agree that 15 year old can make as valid decision as 18 year old but most people start to really mature when they are over 20 so i wouldn't be lowering the age of consent.

18 is good middle ground and eventhough i don't really see it wrong to have relationship with people lower than that i think it's good to keep it at that because otherwise you are just going to have lot more cases of young girls being taken advantage of. Techincally it's not like you get broken from something like that but something like that being done to you at that age can lead to serious mental problems.

People should raise above their biological need's so it's better to make people wait until both are on what is considered adult age.
Jun 13, 2016 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
The downside of having a set age of consent is that different people mature at different rates. There are 13 year olds who are goal oriented, mature and stable individuals, while at the time time there are 40 year olds who aren't mature enough to handle a relationship.

"The law is an ass" indeed, when it comes down to the clock ticking on a high school couple's relationship where one person is just one day older than the other and who turns 18 while his sex partner is, for a day, still 17. Statutory rape is one charge that should be done away with in these situations. As middle schoolers, the law is okay with 13 yo kids having sex, but when one of them hits 18, it's suddenly a felony. Sheesh.

I agree that humans should look to rise above animal pleasures and seek to understand the nature of the universe as their motivation in life. In ghettos, we see bad results with underage pregnancies. The career should be stable first, then come the relationship.
Jul 18, 2016 9:30 PM
Apr 2016
Man, just finished this. What a great show. I hope the "let's promise to meet here every spring" wasn't them saying they were going to break up and only see each other once a year. That's just so sad. Taboo aside, I really want to believe they stayed together and that they decided they would go to that spot every spring as a kind of date.
"Lost, confused..
Losing sight of myself, I grow desperate and struggled
Each time I heard the sound of the bell, I struggled
I wondered, "where is the one who matters most to me?"
Really, I knew the answer the whole time.
I finally came to the realization after she showed me the way home.
I was able to decide that this is where I would live.
This is one of my precious bell's memories."
Dec 4, 2016 3:48 AM
Aug 2014
lnn8v6 said:
You kids and your morals...

I really really don't know how you kids rate those sicko ecchi series higher than this series. Despite the twofold taboo on this show it is really more realistic than your idiotic ecchi harem crap. This is better than most anime I've seen (except the art) and you don't have to agree but I frankly say I really enjoyed this show.

Agree it's a really different and more mature than many harem series. It actually faces an actual real life for some people. (even though some parts weren't that realistic)
Dec 20, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Really interesting series...I honestly thought they were going to kill themselves.
One of the most realistic anime I have ever watched in my life. 8/10 story. They tackled the Incest aspect of it really well suprisingly, I've seen other incest shows but this one really was well done compared to the other trash that exists out there.
I would of gave it 9/10 but a lot of the time I hate open endings :/
Mar 23, 2017 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
I find stories that approach taboo subjects in a mature way inherently interesting. This show does that. However, stories like these are supposed to get you to rethink your preconceived notions about the subject at hand. I can appreciate that Kashiro is self-aware and constantly wrestling with how fucking awful he is, but that's exactly the problem: Kashiro is a fucking awful character for 12 episodes and I couldn't get past that. He was a prick, he was bumbling and stuttering, he was unpleasant and mean, and he looked and acted creepy. This is all BEFORE you even consider the incest and hebephilia. GOD he sucks so much. Kashiro's line in episode 12 about not judging who's miserable and who's not lost any impact it was intended to have, and one last episode of perfect onii-chan was not enough to sway me on his character.

Nanako's 15, which basically means she's naive and stupid... so can't really say anything about her. This is all on Kashiro.

Kaname best girl or gtfo.

6/10
-Trippwire-Mar 23, 2017 4:01 PM
May 27, 2017 8:06 AM
Nov 2012
Ah ah and it ended. That was a beautiful piece. Amongst all the incest animes out there this is the only that dealt with the topic maturely instead of bombarding you with fanservice.

It was beautiful but the fact that they fucked up their lives for it is pretty sad. They should do what oreimo did. Be together for a bit to get it out of their system but agree and be stoic about toning it back down to just close siblings later. That way she can go back to her life and he can go back to Chidori, his sexy squeeze.

I rate animes based on how much I enjoyed it, while I gave this an 8, I was willing to go to 9-10 had it stay just as beautiful. but the heavy last few episodes dampen my mood too much
Jul 8, 2017 11:12 AM
Oct 2016
E-Licious said:
This post is quite lengthy so feel free to skip all the way down to the TLDR section at the bottom for the cliff notes if you can't be bothered to read the whole thing.

Koi Kaze is one of the most remarkable show's I've ever watched in that it has kept me in thought for days about morality and society. When I first watched the show about 9 years ago I was a fresh college grad and while I thought the show itself was great and entertaining, I still thought it was awkward and weird because of the subject matter. Fast forward to present day where a much more open minded and less judgemental me has just watched Koi Kaze again. I still think the show is great and entertaining, but am no longer weirded out by the incest theme. In fact it has prompted me to re-evaluate my personal morals and my view of incest.

Last week if you asked me if incest was wrong I would have answered "Yes" without giving it much thought. Today, if you asked me the same question, I would have to say that "It depends".

After watching the show again I came here to find people discussing the show and the ending. I learned about a phenomenon called "Genetic Sexual Attraction" which makes the story in Koi Kaze much more believeable. A quick google search for GSA returns this wikipedia result:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction

In it, it states that: "Genetic sexual attraction (GSA) is sexual attraction between close relatives, such as siblings or half-siblings, a parent and offspring, or first and second cousins, who first meet as adults."

and also "Genetic sexual attraction is presumed to occur as a consequence of genetic relatives meeting as adults, typically as a consequence of adoption. Although this is a rare consequence of adoptive reunions, the large number of adoptive reunions in recent years means that a larger number of people are affected.[5] If a sexual relationship is entered, it is known as incest."

So just by knowing this, it is apparent that our protagonists Koshiro and Nanoka's love for eachother is much more plausible. They are quite literally "screwed" by biology. It is much harder to condemn their actions knowing that they are victims of this phenomenon.

So if they can't control their love for each other is it really so bad if they choose to act upon those feelings? A parallel can be drawn between this and homosexual love in that, in both cases, the people in question cannot choose who they love. Love is not a choice. Love chooses you, not the other way around. Even today there are people who think homosexual love is wrong, but as a society we are starting to accept homosexuality. Incest, on the other hand is still widely unacceptable in just about every culture.

Now while homosexuality has very few dangers that I can think of, incest has a very serious danger in the form of inbreeding. Looking up inbreeding returns the following possible defects in offspring:

"Inbreeding may result in a far higher phenotypic expression of deleterious recessive genes within a population than would normally be expected.[7] As a result, first-generation inbred individuals are more likely to show physical and health defects, including:
Reduced fertility both in litter size and sperm viability
Increased genetic disorders
Fluctuating facial asymmetry
Lower birth rate
Higher infant mortality
Slower growth rate
Smaller adult size
Loss of immune system function"

Looking at this list it's clear that inbreeding has less than desireable results. And this is the main reason homosexual love doesn't bother me at all, but incestual love does. Homosexual lovers have no offspring problems. Not like they can have offspring with eachother anyway. But an incestual couple will likely reproduce, which is ultimately bad from a scientific standpoint.

This is why the answer to my original question "Is incest wrong?" equals "It depends". If the incestual couple is smart and knows the dangers of inbreeding, and chooses not to reproduce, then I would have to say there's nothing wrong with that. They can't help that they love each other, so we might as well let them love each other without condemning thier actions. However as soon as an incestual couple starts to reproduce I would say that is wrong. It is irresponsible of them to reproduce when it means the child is likely to have serious birth defects.

I would like to end this post by saying again that Koi Kaze is such an amazing show because it has changed the way I think. No longer do I think incest is a great evil as long as the couple refrains from inbreeding. The potential for inbreeding is strong, so I still think people should avoid incest, but it is otherwise tolerable as long as they don't reproduce. They are not hurting anyone after all and they didn't choose to fall in love. Very few shows have had such an effect on my view of the world. Koi Kaze is incredible.

TLDR: Koi Kaze has made me change my stance on incest. Incest in general is wrong because of the dangers of inbreeding. However, if the the incestuous couple knows of the dangers and chooses not to reproduce, then it is tolerable. They are just a couple who can't help but love each other and should be left alone.

This perfectly sums up my views on the subject as well as long as there's no production of children then i think its ok. Especially after learning about GSA as a proper phenomenon, you can't help who you love and just like you said as long as its not hurting anyone who cares. Also about reproduction i agree in that you can be as selfish as you like with your own love life but to bring up a child in that environment, let alone the birth defects side is just irredeemably self indulgent.
Dec 6, 2017 6:14 AM
Jan 2017
This was really such a beautiful episode,a good end to the series.This is the best romance anime I have ever seen.
Jan 12, 2018 11:46 AM
Oct 2016
I just finished watching this anime about an hour ago. I'm very conflicted about this anime. Not because of the topic or its execution. More because it was terrible, yet beautiful. A punch in the face with a soothing hand. Hard to watch but impossible to drop. At this time, i watched about 330 anime TV's ( plus some movies and OVA and stuff) and Koi Kaze is so out of the league of all the other, So far that i find it nearly impossible to compare them, impossible to give a score.
I'm going to sleep a night and maybe edit this post later if I'm able to give it a score by then.

The only thing certain is that i can recommend this anime to all who do not hate this topic, or the speed of the story, or the genres(Yes i do know someone who i would have to pay to watch any kind of romance, so....). If you have the time to watch this gem, stop caring about anything and just absorb it.

Edit: Ok, after sleeping and looking back I am still unsure how to rate this anime, so that I can only give it a score, by comparing the chance that i watch this one again, with the chance I will watch other again. Thus it gets a 8/10 from me. There are so many 8/10 in my list that I enjoyed more then this, but also there are so many that i did not enjoyed as much, so I think that this score is acceptable, while not entirely fair
TheBlackobJan 13, 2018 2:05 AM
Feb 4, 2018 7:23 AM

Apr 2011
Koi Kaze is the second incest anime I watched after Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru. Actually, I'm out of words for this anime, but one thing I'm sure of is that it really is a good series. I was hooked from the beginning til the end (especially with the last 3 eps).

What a hidden gem! 8/10

Feb 16, 2018 1:54 AM

Jun 2014
Wow. This series was very controversial and, after finishing it, I was pretty conflicted as well. I had to think about many things before writing down my thoughts. Let’s begin.

Despite a few “incoherent” instances of plot convenience (a 15 years old girl agreeing to go to an amusement park with a total stranger in his late 20s; Koshiro doesn’t visit his family in like 12 years and vice versa, even though they’re only one hour apart…), I found this show quite realistic and the characters and emotions portrayed were nicely done. They tackled this taboo and really pushed the boundaries. Congratulations for that.

Regarding the age gap, I think that’s one of the main problems and something I reject in this case. I know couples with 10 years or more between them who are perfectly fine… but all of them started dating as mature adults (29 and 39, 25 and 33). In this show, however, Nanoka is just a teenager. She still has a childish personality, it seems that she’s never dated anyone before and has no experience in love at all (a one-sided crush in junior high school doesn’t count). She’s in a very confusing age and she’s “starting to live”. It feels very wrong to see a seemingly grow-up man in a relationship with her. It’s obvious that Koshiro has issues, is a very immature person and, as others users have said, it seems that he’s taking advantage of her (at least in the first episodes). It’d have been different if they were both adults. That’s why I’m totally against their relationship in this aspect.

And then we have the incest. We all know the inbreeding problems and the social stigma it entails (masterfully depicted and implied in many scenes of the series), so I’m not commenting on that. It’s true that at first Koshiro and Nanoka didn’t know they were brother and sister, and this is why it might be possible for them to fall in love with each other. But, to be honest, I think it’s extremely rare to fall in love with a relative knowing that beforehand, having grown with that person and all that stuff. There’re millions of people out there, why do you have to fall in love with your sister? It’s not normal and a very complicated topic.

I think that Koshiro should have acted like an adult and like a real brother. He shouldn’t have started with his weird behaviour in the first place and shouldn’t have let her sister to develop feelings for him. As he controlled himself with his ex-girlfriend when they had dinner together, he should have done the same thing with Nanoka. You know, she’s your little sister, a teenager who idealises you… Use your brain; think about the consequences for her, for your family, friends, workplace, etc.

Finally, the scenes in the Ferris wheel and in the park in this episode were very metaphorical and beautiful. They say a lot and are open to interpretation. I’m not very optimistic about their relationship. They are obviously happy loving each other for the time being, and that’s great. But life is long, you never know where it will take you and, unless they keep it secret, they’re going to face a lot of hardships, socially speaking. I don’t know. I’m sure that if I were Koshiro I’d have never acted that way.
Rely on nothing under heaven
Mar 21, 2018 1:04 PM

May 2010
After quite difficult to watch 12th episode we get this... slow, quiet and surprisingly peaceful ending. That felt really out of place. Didn't expect to hear about "shinjuu" from Nanoka, but I guess it just showed how serious she was about her brother. I had no idea where this is going, when he resigned I thought they'd leave the town together, but I guess they stayed and decided to keep their relationship in secret?

Then again, after their talk about not knowing what to do, they don't show many signs of being in love, like holding hands, kiss or anything like that. Koushirou even keeps the "I love you" words to himself at the end. I guess it's all open to interpretation.

It's a good series, although there is something really unpleasant about it. But it's an ugly topic in general, and I think they handled it well. On the other hand, I feel like the happy "ending" should take place somewhere in the middle of this series, I'd love to see a timeskip and some actual drama, like more coworkers learning about their relationship, or even worse - their parents... That could make so much more realistic and harder to swallow story. Shame it ends here.

Besides, I still think that Koushirou's an immature dick.
7/10
Mar 30, 2018 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
I really don't mind incest infact I think that it makes a show better. Because if they're siblings it makes their love feel so much more real and it makes their love feel so strong. They know the consequences but they can't stop themselves.

But the things I didn't like about this anime was the art and their age difference, incest was what I came looking for.

What creeps me out is that I have a little sister and we're currently 12-14 years apart in age just like in the show. So whenever I see her now it just creeps me out. Don't worry though nothing will happen I'm 15 and she's 3. I like watching incest but the real thing still sounds really wrong and creepy. I like to keep it in the anime world.

But I guess this show made the art bad because they wanted people to just focus on the relationship and if the art was good then no one would really focus on it or care as much and the art gave it a more a realistic feel. If the art was good then it would just be looked at as just an anime.

I don't like it when incest anime's are so realistic. It makes it feel to real and it even creeps me out. I would've loved it much more if there was better art and closer age. Something like Oreimo.

6.5/10 it was to realistic and the art and age difference.
mike12414Mar 30, 2018 6:21 AM
Apr 2, 2018 6:07 AM

Nov 2015
How does this fare compared to Oreimo?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2018 12:02 AM
Apr 2016
I finished watching the anime wish it was longer. the story is pretty deep, although we're dealing with incest the main characters do make it seem genuine. I can't help but hope Nanoka and her brother will sit down and consider their relation carefully, I'm not against brosis love but apparently that's the nasty side of humans and shows how close minded general mindset is
Apr 4, 2018 12:25 PM
Apr 2016
AX3M said:
 completely different in my opinion, while both do discuss incest they are far from similar. Oreimo is in category of harem if you well they toss in as much comedy at you before the big news breaks out, but Koi kaze is a serious take on incest, no harem no tsundere imouto nothing fancy. just examine the cover graphics and you will see the difference if you're oreimo fan then I don't suggest this one.
Apr 4, 2018 1:04 PM
Apr 2016
Sisslith said:
she’s your little sister, a teenager who idealises you… Use your brain;
well said. I agree completly. Nanoka is 14 her brother is 26 but the problem is you really don't see anything he does proving that. it's like he can't even wipe his mouth after dinner. an adult who can't control his emotions/actions and gets caught up in the same pace with a teenager; failure. He has taken steps to cut himself off but all is in vain.
Japanese people has this fettish for high school girlsXD
Apr 4, 2018 8:11 PM

Nov 2015
Zettai2Moe said:
AX3M said:
 completely different in my opinion, while both do discuss incest they are far from similar. Oreimo is in category of harem if you well they toss in as much comedy at you before the big news breaks out, but Koi kaze is a serious take on incest, no harem no tsundere imouto nothing fancy. just examine the cover graphics and you will see the difference if you're oreimo fan then I don't suggest this one.
Great points imo! Actually, I asked not because I'm planning to watch this, I asked because I want to know people's thoughts. I've already watched both. And I agree with your points. Oreimo is more like your typical romcom, while Koi Kaze is one that takes itself more seriously.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2018 11:47 PM
Apr 2016
AX3M said:
Zettai2Moe said:
Great points imo! Actually, I asked not because I'm planning to watch this, I asked because I want to know people's thoughts. I've already watched both. And I agree with your points. Oreimo is more like your typical romcom, while Koi Kaze is one that takes itself more seriously.

I can't read date, you asked your question 2 yrs ago sorry. However I do like koi kaze a lot just disappointed it wasn't longer. it's a rare one to me, almost everything out there involves harems and boob service which I'm growing tired of. what did you think of the ending? it's little unsatisfying for me bc it doesn't give us any hints of them being together and if their parents condone this.
Apr 5, 2018 12:38 AM

Nov 2015
Zettai2Moe said:
AX3M said:

I can't read date, you asked your question 2 yrs ago sorry. However I do like koi kaze a lot just disappointed it wasn't longer. it's a rare one to me, almost everything out there involves harems and boob service which I'm growing tired of. what did you think of the ending? it's little unsatisfying for me bc it doesn't give us any hints of them being together and if their parents condone this.
Uh, I asked the question just 2-3 days ago. But okay, I like Koi Kaze too because it treats its incest, romance, self-questioning aspects just the way they should be treated (I think). About the ending, well, it's just one of those typical open-ended endings in stories where everything goes back to "normal", the way everything used to be before the first episode began --- they're siblings. This is very similar to Oreimo's ending tbh except that in Oreimo they're "actually" back to being siblings, while here it's open to interpretation. I don't know how I should feel about that... I've rewatched the show at least 2 times before, I think my latest rewatch was two years ago.. I'm not sure.. but.. I think it's for the better I guess? My interpretation would be that they're still "on" in secret, especially with everything that happened in the last episodes. It's like Oreimo, but more serious, and depressing to some extent tbh.
AX3MApr 5, 2018 12:41 AM
Apr 5, 2018 6:50 PM
Apr 2016
AX3M said:
Zettai2Moe said:

Uh, I asked the question just 2-3 days ago. But okay, I like Koi Kaze too because it treats its incest, romance, self-questioning aspects just the way they should be treated (I think). About the ending, well, it's just one of those typical open-ended endings in stories where everything goes back to "normal", the way everything used to be before the first episode began --- they're siblings. This is very similar to Oreimo's ending tbh except that in Oreimo they're "actually" back to being siblings, while here it's open to interpretation. I don't know how I should feel about that... I've rewatched the show at least 2 times before, I think my latest rewatch was two years ago.. I'm not sure.. but.. I think it's for the better I guess? My interpretation would be that they're still "on" in secret, especially with everything that happened in the last episodes. It's like Oreimo, but more serious, and depressing to some extent tbh.
Do you have good imoutou shows you'd recommend? I think I need some potions to recover from this somewhat sad ending. I like ones that put emphasis on the story instead of harem, and I don't think I will spend much time on this one. It doesn't have a second season and its manga doesn't get far either. Strangely I liked some harems such as Da Capo and DCSS only the first season before they changed casts, also I liked niji iro Canvas
Apr 6, 2018 1:46 AM

Nov 2015
Zettai2Moe said:
AX3M said:
Do you have good imoutou shows you'd recommend? I think I need some potions to recover from this somewhat sad ending. I like ones that put emphasis on the story instead of harem, and I don't think I will spend much time on this one. It doesn't have a second season and its manga doesn't get far either. Strangely I liked some harems such as Da Capo and DCSS only the first season before they changed casts, also I liked niji iro Canvas
I don't really think there's an imouto-love anime that's as story-focused as Koi Kaze. Either they use incest as a plot device rather than story itself or that the siblings are not really blood-related (like step-sister/-brother). And most of them are harem. Still I'd highly recommend you Oreimo though, it's probably the most story-focused imouto anime after Koi Kaze, if you ask me personally. If you want other imouto-focused anime (still not as story-focused as Koi Kaze, nothing beats Koi Kaze imho), feel free to try KimiAru, Kiss x Sis, ImoCho, OniAi, OniSuki, Yosuga no Sora, Boku wa Imouto, Romantica Clock, Oneechan ga Kita. I liked all of these.
Apr 7, 2018 5:18 PM
Apr 2016
AX3M said:
Zettai2Moe said:
I don't really think there's an imouto-love anime that's as story-focused as Koi Kaze. Either they use incest as a plot device rather than story itself or that the siblings are not really blood-related (like step-sister/-brother). And most of them are harem. Still I'd highly recommend you Oreimo though, it's probably the most story-focused imouto anime after Koi Kaze, if you ask me personally. If you want other imouto-focused anime (still not as story-focused as Koi Kaze, nothing beats Koi Kaze imho), feel free to try KimiAru, Kiss x Sis, ImoCho, OniAi, OniSuki, Yosuga no Sora, Boku wa Imouto, Romantica Clock, Oneechan ga Kita. I liked all of these.
thanks a bunch. I will definitely take your word for advice. and maybe I didn't make it clear but I don't mind incest or actions (if you know what I mean) just as long they relate to story. ones like High school DXD, shinmai maou no testament, masou gakuen...are boo-boo for me. Heck, I even watch yuri's for hot yuri action. I've seen imouto chouto hen, imoKoi, yosuga, shitsuore, oniZenzen. I used abbreviations that are more of my style. thanks again
Apr 11, 2018 1:45 PM

Sep 2016
I started watching this show because the Key Visual here on MAL was nice. Was not prepared for what it was actually about. This caught me completely off guard. And it is one of the few show to make me uncomfortable. This show does have balls for showing an underage incestuous sexual relationship between siblings and I give it props for that.

But Koishiro is a complete and utter buffoon for giving in to his feelings. From the way he behaves when he is in denial to his complete submission to the fact that he is in love with his sister he proves that he is a complete fool. And Nanoka is not really better. They are both incredibly flawed people.

This series is very mature (apart from the creepy coworker who should just disappear into a void and never return) and does not condone Incest. It is supposed to make you uncomfortable. And it did in my case.

Oh and the art, the Op and the ED were very mediocre. 6/10.
May 9, 2018 1:54 AM
May 2017
Zettai2Moe said:
AX3M said:
thanks a bunch. I will definitely take your word for advice. and maybe I didn't make it clear but I don't mind incest or actions (if you know what I mean) just as long they relate to story. ones like High school DXD, shinmai maou no testament, masou gakuen...are boo-boo for me. Heck, I even watch yuri's for hot yuri action. I've seen imouto chouto hen, imoKoi, yosuga, shitsuore, oniZenzen. I used abbreviations that are more of my style. thanks again

Wow, as a huge fan of this sub-genre, I actually learned of a title or two from these recommendations, thank you.

Also, I know you said anime, and it sucks when people suggest manga when you ask for anime, but there are these two pretty little mangas that meet your story requirements pretty well:
-tsumi ni nureta futari
-True Love

There's also this manga: Cherry Juice. Short, and light toned, no drama or struggle against society because you know from the start they're not blood-related.

Lastly, there's this anime: Akane no Iro ni Somaru Saka, that is your typical 12 episode harem, but in episode 4 they start hinting at an incest route competing with the expected "best girl", and eventually the main theme becomes incest
Oct 19, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2012
I almost shit myself when she said "are we going to commit suicide now?"
Nov 17, 2018 5:30 AM

Nov 2017
Wow. It's rare to see an anime that addresses the controversial and taboo topic of incest in such an honest and mature manner. 8/10
--PhantomJan 6, 2019 8:22 PM
Mar 28, 2019 10:46 AM
Jan 2019
I just completed the series..
i dont know y i began with in thr first place
animation Was old, slow but decent enough for me to complete it.
genre was kind of socially awkward but had decent ending...
solely left to imagination of viewer.

I like to beleve the sibling returmed back to society with promise to meet every spring like couple while as siblings for rest of the time.

Overall a good anime and though kind of taboo but i liked it
May 18, 2019 5:18 AM
Apr 2018
Disappointing series imo, mainly because of Koushirou... how he couldn't control himself around Nanoka, the way he spoke. And he is an adult.

Nanoka is a teenager so I can understand her actions but I don't buy she will forever love her brother.

The only thing that bothered me was the age difference, because even if for some reason people justify it by saying the age of consent in Japan is 16, Nanoka behaves like a kid, and she is one.

I'll give Koi Kaze credit for its serious tone (plus the opening was very pretty), but to me it isn't a beautiful or a pure love story as some people claim.
May 26, 2019 11:03 PM
Jul 2018
DeathfireD said:
Does the manga continue on much past this "ending"? Everything felt to happy go lucky but I'm sure if there was a continuation we'd see nothing but hardships for both of them and their family. I'm guessing they both know nothing positive would happen if they "came out of the closet". This ending did indeed make it seem like they would continue living on as they where before hooking up but still support each other. Neither said I love you even though both wanted to. They only wrote their names on a tree and promised to go there once a year.

something I found interesting. The workers at the park where mentioning that the trees should be cut down. Nanoka and Koshiro write their names under an umbrella on one of the trees. Is this a subliminal message to us hinting that their relationship wont last? It felt like it, I mean why would they toss that chunk of info at us if it didn't mean something?

Anyway this was a decent series. the story was interesting to say the least.

Just finished my third rewatch and this is the first time that really stood out to me. It is something to chew on though. One thing that's so great about this story is that its so conflicting for viewers. Unless a viewer was just a siscon junkie and are here just to see incest, the viewers stance on the relationship really changes throughout the series. For the majority of the show the relationship seems like it'd be awful, and I think thats true. But by the end it manages to bring you around and really root for the most unlikely of all relationships. Even though no matter how you spin it, it is really hard to imagine the relationship working long term. If you're right about the foreshadowing with the park closing, I'm frankly just really concerned for both Koshiro and Nanoka. Their relationship seems to be all that's really holding them together as people. As Nanoka is young, it's something I could see her growing out of and moving on from, though always with a sense of loss. Koshiro on the other hand, I feel would be straight up driven to suicide. It'd be really interesting to see a sequel to see where it goes from there, although I'd be a bit worried that it would diminish how much of a masterpiece this show is.

One thing I also find puzzling is that it seems more people tend to have a problem with the incest more than the age gap, in the show as well as reality. Frankly I think it should be the other way around. They first met not knowing they were related, so they never had that familial relationship, making it incest by genetics only, which is much different than having grown up with someone. Though the age gap is one thing that raises a lot of questions, as well as would pose an issue in their relationship. They're both at different maturity stages (or should be, Koshiro is pretty immature). Meaning that like Chidori said, Koshiro should be the one to be firm. You know, hormones and immaturity and shit make it so this could just be a regrettable phase for Nanoka, and Koshiro should act as the adult and say no. Koshiro being immature could put them both at similar stages mentally, which is much better and could work, but just how dramatic their gap is does raise some concerns.

Given how in depth they showed the dynamics of this relationship, I feel like in the end they both didn't do anything overtly wrong. Although, they really didn't do anything right either. Everything was consenting, and Koshiro didn't seem to emotionally manipulate Nanoka, it just felt like real, stupid love. The one part that always does bother me though is when they consider suicide. Moreso than having sex or anything, that was a part I felt like Nanoka was getting dragged along by Koshiro, and because of how impressionable she may be, may be somewhat taken advantage of to make an irreversible decision. Maybe it's because even if they were found out, I couldnt see Nanoka ever really resorting to taking her life. She even tries and talk Koshiro out of it, showing its not something she wants, though would do just out if her devotion (and possibly temporary) love for him. All in all though, these issues just help to increase the depth if the show. I feel like less mature or diligent viewers would see the show as promoting all these unhealthy decisions, when really I think it's just telling an amazing story about people who happened to make those decisions. I dont think it's promoting incest, just talking about it. But most people freak out because they don't read into anything and feel threatened.

Sry ranting. Just love this show and it has so much to talk about
Aug 19, 2019 2:12 PM
Jul 2018
Great finale episode and did really really nicely wrapped up the whole show imo. This really turned out to be pleasant surprise especially some of the executions unexpectedly like pushing the boundaries of a TV shows and realistically (and perfectly) portrays themes that shows off real consequence.

On the other hand, I felt this was kind of missed opportunity to present something positive or uplifting message.. (had lot of similarities with lot of quality coming-of-age anime which would eventually come later on) I find this overall show to be very depressing that makes me hard to recommend but still this show is all in all an experience. The artstyle and music is very nostalgic and really treat to watch.
Sep 27, 2019 2:34 PM

Jan 2016
This last episode was just okay.
Oct 10, 2019 3:19 PM

Oct 2019
Surprised by the ending. Seems open to interpretation, until you realise it's pretty obvious they'll meet every spring to continue the relationship. Not bad for a first take on incest. Decent way to start this month. Koi Kaze have a simple, occasionally boring feel to it, but it delivers on a psychological level. 8/10 seems the most appropriate mark this show gets.
Alright! Next up, Boku wa Imouto!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» That scene surprised me...

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 12

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 12, 7:25 PM

» What were your problems with Koi Kaze?

removed-user - Nov 20, 2016

16 by zharth »»
Oct 21, 2023 12:48 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rreggiebryant1 - Sep 1, 2009

57 by MrYandereFan26 »»
Aug 16, 2023 4:37 AM

» Should I watch Koi Kaze's English dub or Japanese original?

SigTheSauceMan - Mar 8, 2018

4 by WatchTillTandava »»
Jun 30, 2023 1:21 PM

Poll: » Koi Kaze Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Nov 14, 2009

74 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 11, 2023 4:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.