Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2018 6:25 AM

Jun 2017
I certainly do believe it does. I understand the creator died but I just feel empty without it. Reading the manga isn't the same experience and the anime was fun attentive to the fans. I feel it would do a lot of great for the community if a show like this is given a secondseason. Now I know the ending won't be the same and Overall it was a decent or average anime but this is a show ive comeback to in my several years of watching. It's dramatic but east to swallow. The characters for the most part are likeable though nothing to our of the ordinary, it had guns, boobs, and zombies and the fact that it is rated fairly well. Damn I just wish would could fundraise and get this a second season.
Apr 4, 2018 6:27 AM

Nov 2015
FarCrawDad4 said:
I certainly do believe it does. I understand the creator died but I just feel empty without it. Reading the manga isn't the same experience and the anime was fun attentive to the fans. I feel it would do a lot of great for the community if a show like this is given a secondseason. Now I know the ending won't be the same and Overall it was a decent or average anime but this is a show ive comeback to in my several years of watching. It's dramatic but east to swallow. The characters for the most part are likeable though nothing to our of the ordinary, it had guns, boobs, and zombies and the fact that it is rated fairly well. Damn I just wish would could fundraise and get this a second season.

Read this for info.

HoTD Season 2 Update
Apr 4, 2018 6:31 AM

Feb 2018
I mean that show didn't really have an elaborate plot of something like that almost every idiot could write that so I don't see why a second season wouldn't get approved as long as they think it ll make enough money.
Apr 4, 2018 6:48 AM

Mar 2015
dude, even the mangaka giving up making more... it also not that popular in japan... it's very unlikely at this point...

aslo author before dies prefer to make other story than continuing HoTD... artist giving up complitely and make other manga...

wait for infection to get adapted... that's the closest thing you've will get...
KumaApr 4, 2018 6:52 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 4, 2018 6:49 AM

Feb 2010
No I wouldn't say it does if you ask me like that.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 4, 2018 6:51 AM

Oct 2016
Kuma said:
dude, even the mangaka giving up making more... it's very unlikely at this point...

wait for infection to get adapted... that's the closest thing you've will get...

bruh the mangaka didnt give up, he just died
Apr 4, 2018 6:55 AM

Mar 2015
Pantemic said:
Kuma said:
dude, even the mangaka giving up making more... it's very unlikely at this point...

bruh the mangaka didnt give up, he just died

he made some LN after HOTD Hiatusses before he dies rather than continuing HOTD....
KumaApr 4, 2018 6:58 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 4, 2018 6:55 AM

Jan 2018
Yeah, this anime deserves a second season.But the mangaka dies so who knows.
Apr 4, 2018 6:58 AM
Apr 2017
for what it is
it has an entertainment value
Apr 4, 2018 8:08 AM

Jul 2015
Making a second season or remake even though the OA isn't involved with it isn't uncommon especially in the west, but in japan it's still seen as weird and hard legally
maybe a movie series in the future since this was a somewhat classic but who knows man, we can only pinch our thumbs
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 4, 2018 8:42 AM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Apr 5, 2018 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
The creator died.. And I mean.. This one literally the first Anime I've ever seen so I still have some bias. But no.. It doesn't.. Unless the original material takes it into a better direction and lowers the amount of fan service.

This series had potential to be a masterpiece since there's literally like 3 zombie anime I can think of. And literally probably like 10-20 zombie anime total.
Apr 5, 2018 2:25 PM

Jun 2017
Sasora said:
The creator died.. And I mean.. This one literally the first Anime I've ever seen so I still have some bias. But no.. It doesn't.. Unless the original material takes it into a better direction and lowers the amount of fan service.

This series had potential to be a masterpiece since there's literally like 3 zombie anime I can think of. And literally probably like 10-20 zombie anime total.

Fair enough but they can do something like Tokyo Ghoul where they take the original source material and take it into a new direction. Plus out of all of the zombie anime I’ve seen this one just has the reality to it that seems believable and makes you want to root for it. Also ya the fan service is a bit much not a fan of it unless it’s used maturely.
Apr 11, 2018 11:33 PM

May 2013
FarCrawDad4 said:
Sasora said:

Fair enough but they can do something like Tokyo Ghoul where they take the original source material and take it into a new direction. Plus out of all of the zombie anime I’ve seen this one just has the reality to it that seems believable and makes you want to root for it. Also ya the fan service is a bit much not a fan of it unless it’s used maturely.

That would require the anime to have a boat load of support since if there's no source material than the whole purpose of making the anime is to sell BDs and maybe merchandise. If it's not something insanely popular or very good it'll never go through.

Examples of anime that are "original" -> Code Geass, Darker than Black, and Psycho-Pass

Since there's source material the studio would have to acquire the rights if they're going to use the characters, they can't just go "well we'll make something like that but we'll do it our own way".

At this point I think any anime from the mid 2000s has a better chance at getting another season than HotD will.
Apr 12, 2018 9:50 PM
Apr 2018
Y es, of course it does. I just watched the anime a few days ago and I just want continúe, I hace se en vídeos, forum, etc and everyone wants a second season. I hope Shoji Sato continúe the second season at least someday, it doesn't matter if i hace to wait months or years, but i want to see the continuatión someday. Please hear us and consider it, ill be here waiting with muy hopes up.
Apr 13, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2017
DreadXD said:
Y es, of course it does. I just watched the anime a few days ago and I just want continúe, I hace se en vídeos, forum, etc and everyone wants a second season. I hope Shoji Sato continúe the second season at least someday, it doesn't matter if i hace to wait months or years, but i want to see the continuatión someday. Please hear us and consider it, ill be here waiting with muy hopes up.

Unfortunately he died at the age of 52 due to a heart condition. The problem we’re having is weather or not if they want to pick it up even after the creator died. The original source material would change to given he didn’t finish up the story. So the ending will be different then possibly what he was trying to do.
Apr 13, 2018 2:48 PM
Apr 2018
FarCrawDad4 said:
DreadXD said:

Unfortunately he died at the age of 52 due to a heart condition. The problem we’re having is weather or not if they want to pick it up even after the creator died. The original source material would change to given he didn’t finish up the story. So the ending will be different then possibly what he was trying to do.
yes, we will have to wait, but after so many years since the anime was aired, i still hope they continue it somehow, i cant just stay like this, i want to see an ending to the story.
Apr 13, 2018 2:58 PM

Jun 2017
DreadXD said:
FarCrawDad4 said:

yes, we will have to wait, but after so many years since the anime was aired, i still hope they continue it somehow, i cant just stay like this, i want to see an ending to the story.

I do as well unfortunately I don’t think we’ll ever come to see that ending. I recommend reading the manga. If you can that is. It gets rid of that emptiness a little, but it is still within and end and stops abruptly...
Apr 19, 2018 10:31 PM
Apr 2016
In the OVA they implied that a second season would happen...starting with main cast escaping from the island they rested at. But I guess since the original creator passed away it might not happen
Apr 30, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2017
Most fun I have had with an ecchi anime (way better than the overrated DxD certainly) so yes I would say it deserves it. The strange combination of zombie apocalypse + fanservice somehow gave it a unique charm.

May 17, 2018 8:11 PM
May 2018
Wow, gusy i've found 2 more new petition starts this week on change.org. I hope some body sign this, or at least one of this 1) https://www.change.org/p/netflix-segunda-temporada-de-highschool-of-the-dead 2) https://www.change.org/p/netflix-highschool-of-the-dead-season-2-84f95b54-ef7a-4355-85c0-357f48026f07. Raymundo (guy of the petition) have a Youtube channel, this the Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAKaH6-qsc8
Prom-May 17, 2018 8:34 PM
May 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Nov 2015
It won't get one for the reasons suggested and in terms of does it deserve a second season? no it doesn't.
May 17, 2018 8:51 PM

Dec 2012
YES PLEASE!!!!! it is a superb series and deserves to be completed. There is everyting going for it, story , art style chareacter design and all.

please yes...

May 18, 2018 4:19 AM
May 2018
PvaGlue said:
It won't get one for the reasons suggested and in terms of does it deserve a second season? no it doesn't.

Why not? Hotd haven’t a conclusion, is incomplete, deserves a second season. Unfortunately, his mangaka is dead, i know. But, There are various foreign networks which own the rights to the first season and may acquire rights of making Highschool of The Dead Season 2 as the has a large fan following. Some of the networks are VOD, Sentai Filmworks, Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace, and Madman Entertainment in Australia. Thus, even if Madhouse doesn’t want to produce another installment of H.O.T.D., why A-1 Pictures or White Fox can’t cope with the job? After all, Highschool of the Dead is a tidbit for Netflix. To be honest, Netflix possesses enough resources to revive the franchise. Perhaps you are not aware of the fact that the global broadcaster invested $8 billion this year, to extend its library. The most curious is that Netflix was about to spend the most of the money to produce 30 anime series. On the other hand, there are plenty of animation studios in Japan as well as in the US capable of producing the anime of proper quality. But, it seems that none of them is capable of hearing the voice of the fans. It’s a pity! The franchise seems to be dead, unfortunately. It appears that no one possesses the ability to revive it. We just may pray, crossing the fingers, hoping that someone at Netflix, responsible for a decision, could pay attention to H.O.T.D. Of course, this chance looks foggy, doubtful, and unlikely. In fact, little depends on us. This petition currently has 101 signatures, not bad, I know it's far from the goal. But why not try to change this? at least, putting a signature is free :)
Prom-May 18, 2018 4:43 AM
May 18, 2018 5:08 AM

Nov 2015
Kait0s said:
PvaGlue said:

Why not? Hotd haven’t a conclusion, is incomplete, deserves a second season. Unfortunately, his mangaka is dead, i know. But, There are various foreign networks which own the rights to the first season and may acquire rights of making Highschool of The Dead Season 2 as the has a large fan following. Some of the networks are VOD, Sentai Filmworks, Microsoft’s Zune Marketplace, and Madman Entertainment in Australia. Thus, even if Madhouse doesn’t want to produce another installment of H.O.T.D., why A-1 Pictures or White Fox can’t cope with the job? After all, Highschool of the Dead is a tidbit for Netflix. To be honest, Netflix possesses enough resources to revive the franchise. Perhaps you are not aware of the fact that the global broadcaster invested $8 billion this year, to extend its library. The most curious is that Netflix was about to spend the most of the money to produce 30 anime series. On the other hand, there are plenty of animation studios in Japan as well as in the US capable of producing the anime of proper quality. But, it seems that none of them is capable of hearing the voice of the fans. It’s a pity! The franchise seems to be dead, unfortunately. It appears that no one possesses the ability to revive it. We just may pray, crossing the fingers, hoping that someone at Netflix, responsible for a decision, could pay attention to H.O.T.D. Of course, this chance looks foggy, doubtful, and unlikely. In fact, little depends on us. This petition currently has 101 signatures, not bad, I know it's far from the goal. But why not try to change this? at least, putting a signature is free :)

For a few reasons

1. obviously my personal opinion but Hotd doesn't deserve a second season because it wasn't that good, sure for a mindless show about tits with some action its ok but there better shows that do the tits + action.

2. I don't have actual sales figures so i i could be wrong but from what i seen and heard Hotd wasn't that popular in Japan so i'm guessing it wasn't the most profitable show. If that's the case i struggle to see why a studio would take up the risk of a second season as they mostly only care about the Japanese audience and also somewhat the Chinese audience. The West doesn't really contribute much to a overall profit in the industry so it doesn't make sense for a studio to make a second season, especially when they could just adapt the source material of a current popular work(weather a similar type to Hotd or not).

3. Also more of a personal view but they should just leave the work as it is now. Just let the legacy of the author and his work/career stand as it is.

Don't get me wrong it's not impossible for it to get a second season especially if Netflix pumps some money in, but does it deserve a second season? i don't think so.
May 18, 2018 3:09 PM
May 2018
CrisGer_San_AA said:
YES PLEASE!!!!! it is a superb series and deserves to be completed. There is everyting going for it, story , art style chareacter design and all.

please yes...

So 552 signatures in 2 days, wow. Share it
May 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
I work in Japan in both anime and Dōjinshi and it was quite popular here. Among younger people of course but also among sci fi and horror fans as well. The sales were good, and strong and continue. In fact it is one show that is still talked about and hoped for here.

It is an odd almost mystical thing when a show gets green lit, it took forever for Inuyasha even tho that was epic in support and too bad it was so long the vest VA for the dub retired before Takahashi-san could decide what ending she wanted.

Same for Full Metal Panic, the illustrated novels and ending were published long long ago and there was great material...just lost momentum by changing studios after the first series and internal differences in the staff about which heroine to focus on. Tessa won out half way but that deadlocked it. Now we can see what may happen for that one but for HOTD, we do I feel have hope. Just needs a powerful director and esp a powerful producer to stand up for it. We will see.
CrisGer_San_AAMay 24, 2018 2:30 PM

Aug 10, 2018 4:55 AM
Aug 2018
It certainly deserve a season 2... Because many fans are waiting on its release and in the last episode the OVA part it said that this anime is TO BE CONTINUED ... so dont break that statement.. they also said that SEE YOU SOON!!! Im still counting on that line... So please make dont let the fans down.. Im sure in speaking of money that this anime will make billions of money.. so please make more HOTD episodes... Dont let the fans down...
Aug 10, 2018 4:57 AM
Aug 2018
It certainly deserve a season 2... Because many fans are waiting on its release and in the last episode the OVA part it said that this anime is TO BE CONTINUED ... so dont break that statement.. they also said that SEE YOU SOON!!! Im still counting on that line... So please make dont let the fans down.. Im sure in speaking of money that this anime will make billions of money.. so please make more HOTD episodes... Dont let the fans down...
Aug 10, 2018 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
FarCrawDad4 said:

No it does not. When I first got into anime I really liked the show. But looking back and rewatching it, it's really disgusting. Cheating, gore, mindless death. I don't like it anymore.

Also, a second season will never happen. Long story short, High School of the Dead is banned in Japan. But tbh evem if it did. I'd probably watch it.
Aug 10, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2013
Sure, I think it was an alright anime. The fanservice was nice to look at.
Aug 10, 2018 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
yessss
even though the unnecessary ecchi was quite annoying
Aug 24, 2018 8:07 PM

Apr 2018
This anime is probably in my top 5 anime that needs another season tbh
It was so untertaining to the point that it became my most rewatched anime
Sep 9, 2018 8:57 PM
Jul 2018
Hope they making season 2nd possibly and same studio or another studio.

Share your friends & family this: https://www.change.org/p/netflix-segunda-temporada-de-highschool-of-the-dead
Would be appreciated.

EDIT,
We found a tweet from Twitter and Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/HofTheDEAD/posts/2053582291339928

https://twitter.com/ss_shouji/status/1029976476915920896
removed-userSep 9, 2018 9:14 PM
Sep 20, 2018 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
Of course it does! It holds so much potential and there was more to it, I just felt like it. Like there was still many unanswered questions in the anime.
“You might be able to do it if you try. But if you don’t try, you definitely can’t”
Oct 26, 2018 10:34 AM
Oct 2018
It deserves a second season... But with cost and all, at least the manga should continue... Is it possible to have a signed petition sent to the artist or the person/company showing that there's potential for it. If we get a lot of signatures, they might c that the show is still popular and continue it.

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.