Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2018 8:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the finale picked up from where it left from episode 12 and we get to see more action. It didn't last too long but does resolve in a way that I had expected to.

Violet's survival was obvious and we see her role again as doll. The finale still had a similar feel of recurring drama like the other episodes. While we don't see Gilbert anymore, Violet still feels connected to him.

Overall, I thought the show itself was pretty enjoyable. I wasn't too impresesd by some of the earlier episodes (besides the pilot premiere) but some of the later episodes really impressed me.
Apr 4, 2018 8:29 AM

Mar 2013
All in all a solid 7/10 show for me.

Adding Gilbert mother at the end with Dietfried's final "order" to Violet, and also them adding a bit of flying letters festival at the end was a nice touch! Violet's letter narration at the end was a nice melancholic end to the series, and to Violet saying one final "goodbye" to Gilbert. Looks like they are keeping Gilbert dead so far in the main TV series at least, which I think it is a good decision since they never alluded to it like the LN.

The show did drop its ball here and there with certain depictions of characters through its writing, visual design, or with the lack of explaining of certain events. Like how the heck is Benedict a freaking James Bond action hero all of a sudden in the finale? Kicking a bomb mid jump off a train on the bridge?!! Or Cattelya character design not matching her new persona for the anime? Or that they barely touch on how Violet met Dietfried, so Dietfried's initial animosity is never really fully unraveled to the viewers, so he just comes off as a dick to Violet instead?
However all in all the most important part to the whole series was conveyed well. A satisfying emotional tale of a young character dealing with grief and PTSD after a period of intense war, everything else was just supportive to this idea IMO. It touched upon how hard it is too adjust to civilian life that most shows don't really expand on for soldiers coming home from war. They really went all out with Violet development where they made me initially annoyed with Violet's beginning to fully empathizing with her by the end. (Which is the normal reaction I guess in hindsight to empathizing with people coming back from trauma, that failure/struggle to empathize and understand. Even getting annoyed sometimes?)

Animation was fantastic throughout, but I think I rather prefer simpler character designs with more expressive animation versus detailed designs with limited movements after experiencing Kyoto Animation go all out in the character designs. Film Composition did get tad annoying with the over-usage of depth of field effects, and the old photo film effect did make majority of the colors look desaturated and washed out then it should have intended.
The visual development artists definitely went all out for this series, since I was initially worried Kyoto Animation might not be able to do location designs outside of modern day Japan, but they nailed it. World building was fantastic not just visually, such as creating realistic but unique fantastic locations like the city of Leiden which combined Victorian and Mediterranean aesthetics, but also narratively with the nations of Flugel and Drossel, and its love letter tying with the peace effort after the war.

Looks like they are doing a sequel film/ova? Probably something similar to Kyokai no Kanata or Chuunibyou's sequel movie. Hope they don't drop the ball on that one. For me the series is finished, it wrapped up all major plot points and ended satisfyingly with no big loose ends. Only thing left I want them to depict is Violet's past with Dietfried and her initial life as a soldier before deployment. (barrack test please...)
SalmonSandwichApr 4, 2018 8:52 AM
Apr 4, 2018 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
They ended it with open ending, eh?
Not that I'm surprised about it.
Apr 4, 2018 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Mediocre finale for a mediocre show. Then again the LN was pretty bad too so it can't be helped. I guess we'll find out Gilbert's fate in the new project they announced which is most likely going to be a movie. I'll give this a 5/10.

Here's the announcement of a new anime project.
GreenEmuApr 4, 2018 8:53 AM
Apr 4, 2018 8:51 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, it's over. An anime that is just have good animation and nothing more. Very forgettable. 2/5 for the episode. 4/10 for the anime

Full review: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=276860
NurguburuApr 4, 2018 11:25 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 4, 2018 9:05 AM

Apr 2010
Well it was a nice anime i really enjoyed it.
This anime had a lot of strong emotion which i thought was great almost all episodes managed to surprised me.
Tho i thought the emotions got stronger towards the end it really showed how much she grew.
Apr 4, 2018 9:09 AM
May 2017
Did violet cry at the end?
Apr 4, 2018 9:20 AM

Apr 2016
Not bad. Glad that I'm dead. Well there's still a chance, but what good will it do...
Major_GilbertApr 4, 2018 11:23 AM

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Apr 4, 2018 9:24 AM
Mar 2018
Major_Gilbert said:
Not bad. Glad that I'm dead.

lol bro, my deepest condolences for you. Already saw this coming, still hugely dissappointed tho.
Apr 4, 2018 9:31 AM

Jul 2017
Major_Gilbert said:

Only in the anime, in the LN

Mod edit: added spoiler tag
BrandonApr 16, 2018 12:27 AM
Apr 4, 2018 9:34 AM
Aug 2015
BussianRiasXD said:
Major_Gilbert said:

lol bro, my deepest condolences for you. Already saw this coming, still hugely dissappointed tho.

Lol xD
That joke aside, I haven't seen the episode yet but I really hope the new anime is remake, a faithful adaptation of the novel.
Gil being death is consistent with what the anime did but the show is kinda disappointing since the main characters didn't get proper screentime and development.
Apr 4, 2018 9:42 AM

Jul 2017
Kirie-san said:
BussianRiasXD said:

Lol xD
That joke aside, I haven't seen the episode yet but I really hope the new anime is remake, a faithful adaptation of the novel.
Gil being death is consistent with what the anime did but the show is kinda disappointing since the main characters didn't get proper screentime and development.

In all likelihood, the new anime project is going to be a movie.
Apr 4, 2018 9:54 AM

Oct 2015
I was expecting too much from this but it honestly holds little value to it... 5/10 I doubt even the novels are that good
Apr 4, 2018 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
The novel wasn't great to begin with, and as usual Kyoani ruining things more by making changes, lots of emotional manipulation for feels while supporting characters stayed bland. 4/10, now watch all the Kyoani fanboys defend this mediocre show to death.
But hey at least I am glad they didn't bring back her husbando alive here at least.
Apr 4, 2018 10:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice last episode although easy to anticipate!!!
The best of this series was the animation quality, and two sad episodes, but in general was a nice series animation1!!!

8/10....
Apr 4, 2018 10:22 AM
Jun 2016
im a simple person. no husbando. auto disliked
Apr 4, 2018 10:46 AM

Apr 2012
Well, I will not say that this project also impressed and inspired me like other KyoAni's show like Air, Clannad or Hibike, but I definitely had a good time, watched the Violet. Perhaps this anime really uses too much emotional cliche for melodrama, but it does not irritate, and even looks somewhat nostalgic. In general, I liked it.

9\10
Apr 4, 2018 11:09 AM

Nov 2007
Oh God! I am now extremely sad. I really hoped Gilbert would be shown alive but this episode hardly left any room for that to happen even in the future. But Violet still believed that Gilbert is alive so I intend to keep on believing as well.

Gilbert and Violet's heated argument right before the battle for Intense was not something I was expecting. I didn't see Gilbert breaking down just before such an important mission. The feeling of guilt was weighing too heavy on his heart as he even started questioning whether Violet really didn't understand human emotions the moment she said his orders were absolute for her. Violet's haplessness for not being able to convey that her inability to understand those emotions was real lead to a teary situation. I could really feel the emotions at that segment and it really teared me up.

I really didn't see the meeting with Gilbert's mother coming. The broach part was bittersweet as she reflected the same sentiment Violet felt about it. Suddenly my heart stopped for a second when she said Gilbert is living but then she broke my heart again by saying he lived deep inside her heart. At the very least I can say that meeting with Gilbert's mother was meaningful as she reassured Violet that what happened to Gilbert was not Violet's fault.

I really didn't see Dietfried and Gilbert actually got along. He was actually a doting older brother. Looks like somewhere down the line their relationship got stained yet he probably decided to make use of Violet to protect his young brother who was assigned in the front lines. However, Dietfried acknowledging Violet in the end, by calling her by her name, and giving her his final order to only die after she had lived long enough for herself and as much as living Gilbert's share as well was a nice touch. Violet politely saying she wouldn't need any orders and the Japanese style bow that followed were even nicer.

The segment with everyone form the CH Postal Service was kind of amusing. Glad that KyoAni made Luculia appear again. Iris writing a letter to her future self, the one who will become the number one doll, was amusing. There was an indication that Erica has fallen for Benedict and the fact that Benedict's letter was intended for Claudia after he would become the boss was funny because of Erica's reaction. She probably though for a second that he swung that way, haha! And Cattleya shouldn't really dig into other people's bins! While Claudia's letter to his daughter yet to be born started off as a joke, it turned out to be such a beautiful letter full of beautiful wishes.

Violet's letter to Gilbert which she couldn't write in the end was extremely touching as all we got to know was what she wanted to say to him through her monologue. As she understood even for a little bit what were the meaning of those words, the episode had a fitting title:

自動手記人形と「愛してる」
Auto Memoir Doll and "I Love You".

A roundabout title of the first episode.

As for the announcement, it will most likely be a movie or a TV sequel because for OVAs and/or Specials, KyoAni or any animation studio doesn't do this type of announcement.

I am left with a bit of wanting more in the end but this anime really gave me a lot of emotional moments most notably between episodes 7 through 11 and thus I want to say Thank You, Violet Evergarden.

9/10. Will wait for whatever comes up in the future!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 11:22 AM

Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
I am left with a bit of wanting more in the end but this anime really gave me a lot of emotional moments most notably between episodes 7 through 11 and thus I want to say Thank You, Violet Evergarden.

...And thank you for your brilliant comments throughout the season.

Apr 4, 2018 11:34 AM

Dec 2017
i like that the villain guy just suicide killed himself, some of the people just want to see the world burn

meh, just like pop team epic this winter, with the best animation and an average drama it just didn't deliver enough to care about. maybe it's 'cause of all of the hype that i got my expectations high, maybe i've just seen much better post-war drama stories that ruined this one for me, who knows

well, whaterver. i'm sure the source material is a lot better than this
Apr 4, 2018 11:55 AM

Nov 2007
Major_Gilbert said:
shanimebib said:

Aww~ Thank you for such kind words!

I wonder if you'd change your nick. But if you did, those who would come to this thread won't get what you meant so I am gonna immortalize you!

nb. I hope to see you in Tada-kun and Wotakoi threads!
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 11:58 AM

Apr 2016
shanimebib said:
Major_Gilbert said:

Aww~ Thank you for such kind words!

I wonder if you'd change your nick. But if you did, those who would come to this thread won't get what you meant so I am gonna immortalize you!

nb. I hope to see you in Tada-kun and Wotakoi threads!

Haha thanks. But unfortunately I won't be around for most of the spring season due to exam preparation. To be exact, not until mid-June.

Apr 4, 2018 12:37 PM

Jan 2016
Worst anime adaption ever.....I am absolutely completely disappointed. How is this even deserving to be called Violet evergarden when they changed everything of the novel? I had hopes with the ending but .....this was just....no

It was beautifully animated, the songs are well chosen, now if they had just stuck with the original story it would have been a masterpiece but with the way it ended....no just absolutely no.

"Keep on dreaming" - said the dreamer
Apr 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
lmaooooo they tried way too damn hard in the second half to make us feel dem feelz. Just dragging out for 11 already drawn-out minutes in this by-the-numbers finale Def a weak episode and conclusion, and one of the least emotionally potent episodes in the show, ironically.

6/10 anime
Apr 4, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Fitting ending to the adaptation. Garbage and garbage.
https://imgur.com/a/OsRnn

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazApr 22, 2018 7:40 AM
Apr 4, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2016
This final got me more emotional than I had expected,especially the part with Gilberts mom and the letter were so damn sad.

The very last scene was nice too,think there couldn't have been a better way to end this as with Violets typical way of introducing herself in front of her clients.

It was a moving journey and I enjoyed to accompany Violet on it while her character grew closer and closer to me,even so close that the end of this tale is leaving me in sadness now.

Storywise this might be a 7 for me,but the visuals, presentation and atmosphere of this series were so beautiful that I must give out an 8/10.

Looking forward to the special.
FMmatronApr 5, 2018 7:29 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 4, 2018 4:22 PM

Apr 2011
ImAWeebUwU said:
Fitting ending to the adaptation. Garbage and garbage.
https://imgur.com/a/OsRnn

I don't think that's the entire point of the novel. It's not about the romance.

I believe it's more of the journey that Violet took to be able to feel emotion and to connect with people rather than staying as emotionless tool for killing.

What Gilbert truly wants is for her to be free and become normal.

Yes, it's heartbreaking that they didn't meet but we got the Light Novel for that.

The novel was more of other people's perspective about Violet so we didn't really saw 'much' of her growing up as a person (we didn't even see her cry that much like in the anime).
On the other hand the anime show her struggling more on learning new skills (being a doll), the novel just made her into a perfect doll from the get go.

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
ArdanazApr 22, 2018 7:41 AM
Apr 4, 2018 4:54 PM

Aug 2014
GreenEmu said:
Major_Gilbert said:

Only in the anime, in the LN you're still alive and living it up with your waifu Violet. And even then don't hold your breath regarding the anime given the announcement of a new project.

It was spoiled for me that he is alive in the LN, so does he return later? Or is the novel and anime different and he didn't "Die" like in the anime?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 4, 2018 5:05 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:
GreenEmu said:

Only in the anime, in the LN you're still alive and living it up with your waifu Violet. And even then don't hold your breath regarding the anime given the announcement of a new project.

It was spoiled for me that he is alive in the LN, so does he return later? Or is the novel and anime different and he didn't "Die" like in the anime?

here
Apr 4, 2018 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

here

The new sequel could be a 13 episodes series and bringing him back will be in it but there is something i don't understanding, so in the novels are they like lovers? I mean she is like10-20 years younger than him so i'm curious specially with them saying that she is 14 in the anime and all
Also does catellya end up with that young kid or the red haired President?

Apr 4, 2018 5:28 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:

The new sequel could be a 13 episodes series and bringing him back will be in it but there is something i don't understanding, so in the novels are they like lovers? I mean she is like10-20 years younger than him so i'm curious specially with them saying that she is 14 in the anime and all

Well...

First of all the sequel won't be 13 episodes, It's an OVA which means it would only contain 1 episode.
I believe it will be another encounter with another person or probably with Lux.

Catellya (anime) is a bit different with Catellya (Novel). I mean personality wise.

As for Gilbert and Violet
Apr 4, 2018 5:33 PM

Nov 2007
@hellogarry: This will most likely be a movie or a TV series based on the announcement. I don't think this one is the already revealed episode 4.5 (OVA) which will be released in the final volume where Violet's client is a singer. It was her assignment right before her assignment with Charlotte.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 5:36 PM

Apr 2011
shanimebib said:
@hellogarry: This will most likely be a movie or a TV series based on the announcement. I don't think this one is the already revealed episode 4.5 (OVA) which will be released in the final volume where Violet's client is a singer. It was her assignment right before her assignment with Charlotte.

Oh.. I only looked on the MAL Sequel.

I don't think there will be enough material for a sequel series.
So I believe they will do something like on 'Tamako Market' if you know what I mean.
Considering this is a product by KyoAni

But if I'm not mistaken there will be a new book for the novel so who can tell?
Though I will want a movie rather than force a 13 episode series.
Apr 4, 2018 5:37 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

Well...

First of all the sequel won't be 13 episodes, It's an OVA which means it would only contain 1 episode.
I believe it will be another encounter with another person or probably with Lux.

Catellya (anime) is a bit different with Catellya (Novel). I mean personality wise.

As for Gilbert and Violet

looks like the novel's ending is worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

Thanks for the explanation.
Also what I meant by stating the age difference is that she was still a child when she was with him so I thought it would be more like maternal love would fit them more than normal romance tbh, but yeah I guess age doesn't make a huge difference here compared to other anime and real-life stuff.
RPWPAApr 4, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 4, 2018 5:46 PM

Apr 2011
Mezo-RPWPA said:

looks like the novel's ending is as worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

Also what I meant by stating the age difference is that she was still a child when she was with him so I thought it would be more like maternal love would fit them more than normal romance tbh, but yeah I guess age doesn't make a huge difference here compared to other anime and real-life stuff.

I don't think it was a bad ending though, it was a pretty good ending.
Well for my personal opinion that is.

Yeah, that's what I was also thinking, but I mean years passed before they met again.
So a parental love can change to something else, that's also why Gilbert want to wait for her to realize her feelings.
Apr 4, 2018 5:52 PM

Aug 2014
hellogarry said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

looks like the novel's ending is as worse than the anime's. I still haven't watched the finale but I guess it will be better than that tbh.

I don't think it was a bad ending though, it was a pretty good ending.
Well for my personal opinion that is.

Yeah, that's what I was also thinking, but I mean years passed before they met again.
So a parental love can change to something else, that's also why Gilbert want to wait for her to realize her feelings.

Yeah but it was weird considering he loved her before the whole death thing happened, I would say Kyoani did the right thing by making him stay dead. I also read that the director hinted at a second season some time ago and considering that the anime is episodic then it wouldn't be difficult to make a 2nd season as the sequel tbh and they could easily bring him back.

Apr 4, 2018 6:02 PM

Nov 2007
hellogarry said:
shanimebib said:

So I believe they will do something like on 'Tamako Market' if you know what I mean.

Well the side stories are already out which is written by the same author and illustrated by the same illustrator. So much so has been said by anime original episodes earlier in the story but now it looks like some of the "anime original" contents were actually the author's brainchild (like Charlotte and Alberta's episode from what I read in Japanese boards). KyoAni just had access to the contents ahead of the publication and turned them into anime like they did in the past for Hibike! Euphonium (introducing Nozomi and Mizore in their anime production before the sequel volumes were out). It was the same case with Chuunibyou in the past. I read in MAL that Ren was an anime original story but then it turned out Sophia's character was in the drafts made by the author (and she ends up appearing in the novel as well).

Anyways, I am assuming there could be new contents in the latest book and I already read that some of the contents of the first two volumes were not animated. I dunno how many stories were left out from the original two volumes so maybe those of who read it would know how many chapters/stories were not included in this anime.

And of course, they could always go Tamako Love Story and Mirai-hen routes. Both actually worked out more than fine to give thre animated TV series much better overall impression, collectively.

ALSO COULD YOU GUYS NOT DISCUSS NOVEL CONTENTS IN THE OPEN PLEASE!!!
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
Vivid and Asenshi subtitles are fast as always. I couldn't wait the 8 hours for the final episode. Oh my, what a final.

Apr 4, 2018 6:11 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
hellogarry said:

Well the side stories are already out which is written by the same author and illustrated by the same illustrator. So much so has been said by anime original episodes earlier in the story but now it looks like some of the "anime original" contents were actually the author's brainchild (like Charlotte and Alberta's episode from what I read in Japanese boards). KyoAni just had access to the contents ahead of the publication and turned them into anime like they did in the past for Hibike! Euphonium (introducing Nozomi and Mizore in their anime production before the sequel volumes were out). It was the same case with Chuunibyou in the past. I read in MAL that Ren was an anime original story but then it turned out Sophia's character was in the drafts made by the author (and she ends up appearing in the novel as well).

Anyways, I am assuming there could be new contents in the latest book and I already read that some of the contents of the first two volumes were not animated. I dunno how many stories were left out from the original two volumes so maybe those of who read it would know how many chapters/stories were not included in this anime.

And of course, they could always go Tamako Love Story and Mirai-hen routes. Both actually worked out more than fine to give thre animated TV series much better overall impression, collectively.

ALSO COULD YOU GUYS NOT DISCUSS NOVEL CONTENTS IN THE OPEN PLEASE!!!

Is there a new book? Are the books like volumes in manga where each book has 5-6 chapters? Where did you read about that?

Apr 4, 2018 6:11 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i need more of this FINE ASS WOMAN in my life

Apr 4, 2018 6:15 PM

Jun 2015
Meh, this was an okay finale. Violet saying she doesn't take any orders anymore was nice. She has truly grown a lot. Not a good show overall. It tried too hard to make me feel for the characters. It's nice to look at it. 4/10
Apr 4, 2018 6:17 PM

Nov 2007
Mezo-RPWPA said:
Is there a new book? Are the books like volumes in manga where each book has 5-6 chapters? Where did you read about that?

I already gave the link in my post above in case you missed it. I think I read somewhere in Japanese boards that the book contains 6 chapters and 2 of which are already animated. I can confirm that Charlotte's story is NOT from KyoAni but from Akatsuki Kana (original author of the novel). I think the other one is Luculia's story but I dunno.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:20 PM

Aug 2014
shanimebib said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I already gave the link in my post above in case you missed it. I think I read somewhere in Japanese boards that the book contains 6 chapters and 2 of which are already animated. I can confirm that Charlotte's story is NOT from KyoAni but from Akatsuki Kana (original author of the novel). I think the other one is Luculia's story but I dunno.

Wait are you talking about the extra stories? Is that the new book? It'd probably have no relation to the main story tho, I mean it's called extra for a reason.

Apr 4, 2018 6:24 PM

Jun 2014
I thought this show was decent overall. I personally didn't get the feels that people constantly talked about though. I think my expectations were a little too high because of everyone hyping this show up, but it honestly boiled down to pretty colors and feels that didn't really hit me. That pretty much sums up this show. Overall it was decent but certainly not as spectacular as people made it seem.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 4, 2018 6:28 PM
Feb 2017
uninstallthegame said:
i like that the villain guy just suicide killed himself, some of the people just want to see the world burn

meh, just like pop team epic this winter, with the best animation and an average drama it just didn't deliver enough to care about. maybe it's 'cause of all of the hype that i got my expectations high, maybe i've just seen much better post-war drama stories that ruined this one for me, who knows

well, whaterver. i'm sure the source material is a lot better than this

what is name of manga picture?
Apr 4, 2018 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
Mezo-RPWPA said:
shanimebib said:

Wait are you talking about the extra stories? Is that the new book? It'd probably have no relation to the main story tho, I mean it's called extra for a reason.

No. All I am saying is even though they are extra standalone stories, they can be incorporated into a new season as we have seen in this season which had lots of standalone episodes. I mean, VE is basically an episodic anime in nature so they can tweak here and there and make a sequel out of it quite easily. I think the idea to keep the ending open was mainly because they wanted to expand on the story from the get go.

I also read that KyoAni probably made a lot of money just by selling the simulcasting right to Netflix with VE. As they own the IP of the content, whatever they are making is working like they would from anime original. They can easily make more money out of it by adding more content/ expanding the franchise.

People tend to not realize the significance of original anime/IP ownership versus third party and what huge difference it makes in profit sharing.
Coronavirus.
Apr 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Oct 2014
I loved this anime from beginning to the end. I know you can say the side characters weren't fleshed out or it too often tries to overwhelm you with drama, but it all came together for me. Violet's personality coupled with the reflective atmosphere, of course, fueled by the music and visuals.

Everything worked out as expected from episode one, but it was still impactful.
Apr 4, 2018 7:18 PM

Mar 2016
I don't regret at all having taken this feels trip
wonderful 10/10 anime
and plus it's good to see that they're working on a new project
"The feels start coming and they don't stop coming"
so may the Feels be with you....LOL xD
Apr 4, 2018 7:26 PM

Jul 2016
Average series... in my case, I could never feel any connection with Violet as a character and the side ones weren't very helpful either, sadly it's a shame... I think I'd have enjoyed the anime even more aside from its wonderful animation and OST (I've been listening to it a few times recently and damn it's really good) but well.

I'm also kinda glad that I wasn't caught by the hype train like most of people so I wasn't expecting nothing but good animation and I got it. It was an Ok series but nothing memorable. 6/10
Apr 4, 2018 7:26 PM

Nov 2011
The action part of this episode was very whatever but the second part was beautifully done.
It felt like the episode was going to end 3 times and each time I was like "thank god, let the major be dead".
The last scene with Violet looking at her new client made me think it was him but they didn't showed so... I don't know.

We still have one more episode and maybe a new season/movie so who knows what's going to be the final decision concerning the major.

All in all it was a let down but at the same time it was enjoyable enough that I didn't have a need to drop it and whatever the new project is I'll probably watch it.
Violet had a nice development so it was worth it.
Baby, daijobanai...
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Yesterday, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

616 by Nekogirl27 »»
Mar 30, 4:56 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.