Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 16, 2018 4:53 PM

Mar 2009
I got my World Guide in today (came out two days ago in Japan). It's really cool. It has information on the world and all the characters, as well as many nice colored illustrations.
Jan 20, 2018 5:49 PM

Aug 2017
Fuck, I am so jealous. Can you send me the link for it on amazon.jp?
...also, I would be really grateful if you took more pics of it haha

Also, Hakumei to Mikochi isn't very known in the west is quite popular there, right?
Pincushions. I'm a long time threatening to buy one. Sticking them all over the place. Needles in window curtains.
Jan 21, 2018 8:19 PM

Mar 2009
topazio said:

Also, Hakumei to Mikochi isn't very known in the west is quite popular there, right?

Just for you.

I buy Harta every month, the magazine that it's published in, and I have zero Japanese friends who do that, so I have zero Japanese friends who read really any of the series in it. I don't know if it's popular, but I don't think so. I've never seen much around Japan advertising it, but that's likely changed now with the anime out.

Here's the jp amazon link.
click me
Jan 23, 2018 12:40 PM

Aug 2017
AlabastreAizo said:
topazio said:

Just for you.

I buy Harta every month, the magazine that it's published in, and I have zero Japanese friends who do that, so I have zero Japanese friends who read really any of the series in it. I don't know if it's popular, but I don't think so. I've never seen much around Japan advertising it, but that's likely changed now with the anime out.

Here's the jp amazon link.
click me

Wow, thank you so much for the pics, really. That guide looks so beautiful ): might as well be the first thing I will ever import from Japan, haha
...I just need the money now, eh

Oh, I see. I asked because, well, almost nobody in the west had heard about Hakumiku before but judging by the website and the fact that it got an adaptation got me thinking it must be popular there.
Pincushions. I'm a long time threatening to buy one. Sticking them all over the place. Needles in window curtains.
Mar 31, 2018 4:58 PM

Oct 2010
I don't know if I should post a new thread, but publication of the manga in English was finally announced today:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-31/yen-press-licenses-hakumei-and-mikochi-chio-school-road-manga-do-you-like-your-mom-light-novels/.129765

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/03/31-1/yen-press-announces-hakumei-and-mikochi-and-more-manga-licenses

I'm so glad I stopped reading to wait in hope of this happening, so I can read the rest for the first time in print form.
Mar 31, 2018 5:14 PM

Apr 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
I got my World Guide in today (came out two days ago in Japan). It's really cool. It has information on the world and all the characters, as well as many nice colored illustrations.
Wow, looks cool. Looks a bit small, a shame for the illustrations but I get they were going for the guide book feel. And since it's a small book about small people it's charming in its own way.
Mar 31, 2018 9:44 PM

Mar 2009
EratiK said:
AlabastreAizo said:
Wow, looks cool. Looks a bit small, a shame for the illustrations but I get they were going for the guide book feel. And since it's a small book about small people it's charming in its own way.

The book is no smaller than the manga.
Apr 1, 2018 12:40 AM

Apr 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
Yes, usually art books are bigger than that.
Apr 1, 2018 11:30 AM

Mar 2009
EratiK said:
AlabastreAizo said:
Yes, usually art books are bigger than that.

It's not an art book. It's a guide book about the world of the manga. Similar to the Berserk guide book, or the Otoyomegatari Arukikata book (lots of info on Central Asian tribes). These types of books are typically the same size as the manga.
Apr 1, 2018 12:25 PM

Apr 2012
AlabastreAizo said:
It's not an art book. It's a guide book about the world of the manga. Similar to the Berserk guide book, or the Otoyomegatari Arukikata book (lots of info on Central Asian tribes). These types of books are typically the same size as the manga.
Yes, I am aware...
Apr 1, 2018 1:14 PM

Mar 2009
EratiK said:
AlabastreAizo said:
Yes, I am aware...

You said art books are usually bigger, but you know it's not an art book.
Okay, but anyway, it's a pretty cool book. I recommend buying it if you're a fan and can read Japanese.
Aug 16, 2018 7:37 AM

Mar 2009
iaia said:
The chance is slim but now that the series has been licensed in English, I hope they translate and print this book too - the recipes look so cute, i'd love to own it one day (especially since my Japanese is subpar and can't understand the fancier kanji)

I would be surprised. Does the West usually get these guide/world books? I also own one for Berserk, but I don't think that made it West.
Oct 1, 2018 2:01 PM

Jul 2008
AlabastreAizo said:
iaia said:
The chance is slim but now that the series has been licensed in English, I hope they translate and print this book too - the recipes look so cute, i'd love to own it one day (especially since my Japanese is subpar and can't understand the fancier kanji)

I would be surprised. Does the West usually get these guide/world books? I also own one for Berserk, but I don't think that made it West.

Rarely. I think Viz does them once in a while for extremely popular stuff like the one for Death Note and Del Rey released a Genshiken guidebook back in the day.

From what I gathered from Dark Horse staff a few years ago Berserk does pretty terrible in the West nowadays, so I don't think that would ever make it to the west no.

Aug 10, 2019 8:09 PM
Apr 2019
damn, takuto sensei art never cease to amaze me! btw, is there written information
like what kind money they use or some other
detailed parts of their life ?
Aug 11, 2019 1:56 PM

Mar 2009
issen7 said:
damn, takuto sensei art never cease to amaze me! btw, is there written information
like what kind money they use or some other
detailed parts of their life ?

I don't recall if that's in there, specifically, but there's definitely more lore info.
Aug 28, 2019 6:49 PM

Nov 2015
This looks really well done! Thanks for sharing! I may well order it.
Aug 30, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2009
delta5 said:
This looks really well done! Thanks for sharing! I may well order it.

Obviously I don't know if you can read Japanese or not, but either way, I think you'd enjoy having it!
Apr 28, 2020 11:48 AM

Sep 2016
That guide book looks really neat! I'd love to get it if it was available in English.

Life has no meaning,
but that doesn't mean
we shouldn't live it

Apr 29, 2020 9:07 AM

Mar 2009
TuryuriOwO said:
That guide book looks really neat! I'd love to get it if it was available in English.

I hope that it comes out in English so many more fans can read it! :D

More topics from this board

» Michiko

Avvenirista - Aug 2, 2023

1 by Avvenirista »»
Aug 3, 2023 2:19 AM

» Ch 35 - 38 ?

Nomor23 - Aug 4, 2022

1 by Alexioos95 »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:54 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Chapter 75 Discussion

removed-user - May 6, 2022

0 by removed-user »»
May 6, 2022 4:36 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Chapter 74 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
May 6, 2022 4:31 AM

Poll: » Hakumei to Mikochi Chapter 73 Discussion

0 by removed-user »»
May 6, 2022 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.