Forum Settings
Forums

lack of LGBTQ Anime fans and animes :/ RANT WARNING

New
shoujo Ai/Yuri or Shounen Ai/Yaoi ? Gender Bender ? FAvorite?
Shoujo Ai
52.9%
Shounen Ai
34.6%
Gender Bender (TRans)
12.5%
280 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2018 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
I am LGBT and tend to stay away from yaoi/yuri anime since they typically dumb down gay/lesbian love to cliches and tropes. I am mtf trans, and the only trans anime I know is Hourou Musuko, but strangely, I have never given it a watch yet.. I should lol. I don't like gender bender.

I like the lack of it has to do with Japan's culture?? Homosexuality and trans, while I know of more pride parades being held there, is still quite taboo in Japan.. :o
Mar 28, 2018 5:11 PM

Aug 2016
I'm a girl who likes girls and I love yuri. Anime has quite a bit of it available; far more than many other types of media, and does a better job of showing it, then other media most of the time.
Heya, I'm Mystic, the NSFW voice actress & anime girl streamer!
https://twitter.com/MagicalMysticVA
https://discord.gg/uy6vSyH
Mar 28, 2018 5:29 PM

Jun 2011
M0M0I said:
I am LGBT and tend to stay away from yaoi/yuri anime since they typically dumb down gay/lesbian love to cliches and tropes. I am mtf trans, and the only trans anime I know is Hourou Musuko, but strangely, I have never given it a watch yet.. I should lol. I don't like gender bender.

I like the lack of it has to do with Japan's culture?? Homosexuality and trans, while I know of more pride parades being held there, is still quite taboo in Japan.. :o

It is really good.

You should consider Gravitation.... even if other people seem to disagree. It is certainly more "romantic" than a lot of romance anime.... The love is imperfect.... and I guess so are the tropes... but it was the first one that made me feel not so alone(as a bisexual in 2003). Don't read the manga.... even though there is a trans character... the manga has issues... major issues... Mostly that it feels even more like a hyper fangirl than the anime. >.> I am a hyper fangirl.... We have a 46% affinity.

But it isn't like most romance anime in general don't have the same issues LGBT anime do. It isn't like Usagi's relationship with Mamoru was super PC or anything.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 5:33 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 28, 2018 5:33 PM
Jul 2018
Energetic-Nova said:
It is really good.

You should consider Gravitation.... even if other people seem to disagree. It is certainly more "romantic" than a lot of romance anime.... The love is imperfect.... and I guess so are the tropes... but it was the first one that made me feel not so alone. Don't read the manga.... even though there is a trans character... the manga has issues... major issues... Mostly that it feels even more like a hyper fangirl than the anime. >.> I am a hyper fangirl.... We have a 46% affinity.

But it isn't like most romance anime in general don't have the same issues LGBT anime do. It isn't like Usagi's relationship with Mamoru was super PC or anything.

Yeah, planning on Gravitation, heard it was good.

That's true, tho I have a harder time finding LGBT anime that fit my taste. But that's probz cuz of the lack of them. Doukyuusei, that one Sekaiichi Hatsukoi movie, and some of the Kono Danshi are the only ones I can say I liked. Can't find any yuri/shoujo-ai anime that didn't disgust or bore me lol.
Mar 28, 2018 5:40 PM

Jun 2011
M0M0I said:
Energetic-Nova said:
It is really good.

You should consider Gravitation.... even if other people seem to disagree. It is certainly more "romantic" than a lot of romance anime.... The love is imperfect.... and I guess so are the tropes... but it was the first one that made me feel not so alone. Don't read the manga.... even though there is a trans character... the manga has issues... major issues... Mostly that it feels even more like a hyper fangirl than the anime. >.> I am a hyper fangirl.... We have a 46% affinity.

That's true, tho I have a harder time finding LGBT anime that fit my taste. But that's probz cuz of the lack of them. Doukyuusei, that one Sekaiichi Hatsukoi movie, and some of the Kono Danshi are the only ones I can say I liked. Can't find any yuri/shoujo-ai anime that didn't disgust or bore me lol.

Well, not going to lie, we have very different opinions on Oniisama e. But probably because I am a cis girl (SUPER EMBARRASSED BTW for not putting cis right away). It is the only one I didn't feel was just made to be sexy. It feels like a legit character drama to me. Homophobia exists in real life, so I kinda don't mind it in my anime.

But since you like Evangelion anime, you should consider Cutey Honey (re:cutey honey by Gainax). I love it, but it is ecchi. I also like Keijo as far as off label stuff goes... but ^.^; Then again I did like Yuri on Ice.

But Wandering Son is very good. When I was watching it, I was constantly thinking of a couple of my trans friends for sure, but I also thought of myself and how I explored gender.... It isn't perfect, but what the fuck is? haha. I think it is very different from trash like Himegoto that is for sure. FtM trans friend liked the manga.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 5:50 PM
Mar 28, 2018 5:56 PM
Apr 2013
Good im sick of seeing it theirs too much imo.

Also anime is generally made for the mass.
Mar 28, 2018 6:21 PM

Sep 2017
I'm not a fan, but I guess it's a lack of market for the product so it is made rarely.
Bury me in some fashion, in something fashionable.
Mar 28, 2018 6:24 PM

Aug 2007
I don't expect a lot of LGBTQ+ given how Japan is, but I would love to see more of it. Preferably well written and less... cliche and bad vibes, as others have stated. I don't really actively go looking for it, but if I stumble upon something, I appreciate the representation. That being said, I don't consider Yaoi/Yuri because they center around the sex itself, not the romance.

I'm interested to see if/when this expands in the future. Hopefully with a wider variety, there can be more attention given to the bad tropes and improvement on general dynamics, even despite backlash. If it becomes more normalized, then it wouldn't need to necessarily be a separate tag from romance, but until then... godspeed.

Mar 28, 2018 6:24 PM

Feb 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
M0M0I said:

Well, not going to lie, we have very different opinions on Oniisama e. But probably because I am a cis girl (SUPER EMBARRASSED BTW for not putting cis right away). It is the only one I didn't feel was just made to be sexy. It feels like a legit character drama to me. Homophobia exists in real life, so I kinda don't mind it in my anime.

But since you like Evangelion anime, you should consider Cutey Honey (re:cutey honey by Gainax). I love it, but it is ecchi. I also like Keijo as far as off label stuff goes... but ^.^; Then again I did like Yuri on Ice.

But Wandering Son is very good. When I was watching it, I was constantly thinking of a couple of my trans friends for sure, but I also thought of myself and how I explored gender.... It isn't perfect, but what the fuck is? haha. I think it is very different from trash like Himegoto that is for sure. FtM trans friend liked the manga.

I have a feeling that Oniisama e... falls in the "boring" category she was talking about. I myself almost falled asleep when it came to Rei's arcs. And the last episodes that i prefer to erase from my memory

I've already talked about this with you but you should really try to read the manga. There's so much more to Wandering Son than just those episodes
Mar 28, 2018 6:27 PM

Jun 2011
greymood said:
Energetic-Nova said:

I have a feeling that Oniisama e... falls in the "boring" category she was talking about. I myself almost falled asleep when it came to Rei's arcs. And the last episodes that i prefer to erase from my memory

I've already talked about this with you but you should really try to read the manga. There's so much more to Wandering Son than just those episodes

I really should read the manga, but I don't want to pirate it. *sigh* Everything from that publishing house is so beautiful.

LOL, I guess I am never bored by excessive drama! A lot of people find space operas dry and I am like... omg such character.

Fuck this might be why I get called an elitist D:

(also, omg I did erase Oniisama e's ending from my memory, I do not remember it, like a lot of anime endings. I always remember the first half much better than the second.... unless it is Evangelion or SamFlam)
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 6:31 PM
Mar 28, 2018 6:48 PM

Feb 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
greymood said:

I really should read the manga, but I don't want to pirate it. *sigh* Everything from that publishing house is so beautiful.

LOL, I guess I am never bored by excessive drama! A lot of people find space operas dry and I am like... omg such character.

(also, omg I did erase Oniisama e's ending from my memory, I do not remember it, like a lot of anime endings. I always remember the first half much better than the second.... unless it is Evangelion or SamFlam)

I was looking the physical edition these days, it's well done but it'd be so pricy to own everything... and they're not even done with publishing the whole thing. I'm always buying new books every month so i can't really spare on buying the manga since this would mean not reading anything for a while, but i do wish to own it one day. Maybe i'll buy it little by little

The ending is basically the same as the manga but with Dezaki's expansion (Kaworu getting maried and stuff, plus she doesn't die in the anime). I think there's a lot of amazing moments on Oniisama but the last arc just feels underwhelming compared to everything that comes before. And Rei arcs because she's obnoxious
Mar 28, 2018 7:25 PM

Jun 2011
greymood said:
Energetic-Nova said:

I was looking the physical edition these days, it's well done but it'd be so pricy to own everything... and they're not even done with publishing the whole thing. I'm always buying new books every month so i can't really spare on buying the manga since this would mean not reading anything for a while, but i do wish to own it one day. Maybe i'll buy it little by little

The ending is basically the same as the manga but with Dezaki's expansion (Kaworu getting maried and stuff, plus she doesn't die in the anime). I think there's a lot of amazing moments on Oniisama but the last arc just feels underwhelming compared to everything that comes before. And Rei arcs because she's obnoxious

I have heard the reason why they can't really get volumes out faster has to do with not enough people buying it...

Rei is better than every arrogant protag like Light Yagami or Lelouche god. I hate them. I like Rei fine. *wishes to make jokes about Asuka and confuse everyone*
Mar 28, 2018 7:30 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I agree. And even when things are more on the ambigious side. See something like Flip Flappers. You have people questioning it's legitimacy. Which is probably worse then it existing at all. Hell even Yuri on Ice getting the "but is it actually gay" shit was pretty infuriating. Add Devilman Crybaby onto that too while you're at it. It has to be so blatant to the point of making people cautious of even trying the series or ambiguously the point where it's questionable.

And I understand LGBT+ stuff is a risk in media. Especially Japan media. At least it's making stride and I rather the push back wasn't homophobic as fuck.
Mar 28, 2018 7:30 PM

Nov 2007
Another of those trashy manga sites that remove yaoi/yuri/shounen ai/shoujo ai tags from the manga so that people cannot avoid them?

There are plenty of non-hetero anime out there as is. Even hetero ones now have non-hetero characters. What nonsense is this thread about?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 28, 2018 7:32 PM

Dec 2008
Seiya said:
SenshiDave said:

That definitely isn't the case..

Because true men of culture know that there is no love purer than the love between two cute high-school girls.

No, sorry. Not all men are yuri/shoujo-ai fans. I like seeing two guys together, but not two girls.

Also, I'm bi, but I hate cute girls.

I like yuri and I'm a heterosexual male.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Mar 28, 2018 7:34 PM

Jun 2014
zrdb said:
Seiya said:

No, sorry. Not all men are yuri/shoujo-ai fans. I like seeing two guys together, but not two girls.

Also, I'm bi, but I hate cute girls.

I like yuri and I'm a heterosexual male.

But, according to your list, you've only seen one Anime.

Why don't you have more Anime added to your list?

Mar 28, 2018 7:37 PM

Aug 2014
There is plenty of anime with Transgender characters but I'd be interested to see if anyone can make a good Transgender Love Anime and how they would go about it.

Mar 28, 2018 7:42 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
hazarddex said:
as a heterosexual manga enthusiast i find just the opposite there is a shit ton of Yaoi and yuri manga out there.

Have you tried reading any of them? They're basically fanfiction in manga format. And yeah that does it for some but reading something that can tackle a romance with the gender being ambiguous or I don't know, taking it's characters seriously is fucking rare. I've only got two series in my 100 BL reads that goes for it all the way. And romance is schlock and poorly written in general but the tact and hate towards the community is fucking awful.

Andigo said:
AdolChri said:
inb4 swagenator and the usual alt-right dudes get triggered and post here.

Dont gotta be alt right or of any political stance to feel anime doesnt need any of that shit injected into it. How about we let people be and create what they want? If anything id say anime is already the most accepting medium. Regardless, No matter what you wont find your lgbqtblahblah relationships in anime or anything else when compared to whats normal or average because its a minority group, and imo really not a natural or beautiful one at that.. I mean not to hurt any feelings, but im sick of hearing about all this acceptance, bs. Do you, be you, no one gives a fk but why is it everytime i see something about this lgbqt shit its always someone bitching about something.?

The lgbtq isn't a minority group. And your straight white male dumbassery is showing maybe you should shove it down with your ego while you fix your shit grammar/spelling.

Mar 28, 2018 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
We do live in a market system. It is what it is. The market provides what the majority of people want and like.

Off-topic: I'm a support of the LGBTQ but yoai/yuri series isn't usually good representations of love between gays and such as a whole. The Seme and Uke thing weirds me out since I've known fujoshis who think gays can only fit into one category when that's not always the case. Love between gay/bi relationships in anime is a terrible representation of what it actually is in real life. It anything, it seems like a dangerous power dynamic that is romanticized.
CosmosMar 28, 2018 7:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 8:13 PM

Feb 2016
@Stripes wouldn't lose my energy trying to argue with with those guys, honestly. It's like they're blind or something. The day that yaoi become an actual representation of LGBT....

Gladly there's some rare cases. And i can indulge myself in fluffy fantasies sometimes if they don't feel too dumb

Energetic-Nova said:
I have heard the reason why they can't really get volumes out faster has to do with not enough people buying it...

Rei is better than every arrogant protag like Light Yagami or Lelouche god. I hate them. I like Rei fine. *wishes to make jokes about Asuka and confuse everyone*

Kinda funny since it was popular in Japan, but well.

They aren't any similar to Rei tho o_O. I dunno what's the consensus when it comes to Oniisama e but i'm honestly fond of Fukiko, like a lot.

Mar 28, 2018 8:17 PM

Mar 2018
SenshiDave said:
KaylieOtaku24 said:
I almost feel like BL or Shounen Ai almost has a bigger following than yuri/ Shoujo ai genre

That definitely isn't the case..

Because true men of culture know that there is no love purer than the love between two cute high-school girls.
SO TRUE IDK WHAT I WAS THINKING LOL GOOD POINT
Mar 28, 2018 8:18 PM

Feb 2016
SoulResonanceLP said:
There is plenty of anime with Transgender characters but I'd be interested to see if anyone can make a good Transgender Love Anime and how they would go about it.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko
Mar 28, 2018 8:24 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
greymood said:
@Stripes wouldn't lose my energy trying to argue with with those guys, honestly. It's like they're blind or something. The day that yaoi become an actual representation of LGBT....

Gladly there's some rare cases. And i can indulge myself in fluffy fantasies sometimes if they don't feel too dumb

I know I know. Somewhat couldn't help myself tho.

Rare is being generous. We're talking Ultra Rare status to be above a 7. Then again my standards have become extremely high when it comes to this stuff.
Mar 28, 2018 8:26 PM

Mar 2018
Gender is NOT physical.
Sex is.
Sex is what goes on your birth certificate which most of the time is male and female but that is not always the chance such as people who are born as hermaphrodites. Gender is what you identify as beyond that birth certificate and has nothing to do with your physicality sex is biological im a transgender female myself and I have the logic enough to know that Yes I was biologically born a male but my gender is female Identify as a female because my brain and spirit and my mind itself is female its a scientific fact people can have an enternal brain or spirit mind of the oposite sex and feel "trapped" as i have my whole life so changing the outward appearance and introducing hormonal therapy helps the outside match the inside yes i was biologically born a male but I have transitioned into a female hormonally and outwardly meaning physically once the bottom surgery is complete I will be 100% female yet biologically I was born male gender is a social construct sex is biological ! so technically speaking anyone can identify as whatever they feel to a degree that is humane to say..
Mar 28, 2018 8:28 PM

Nov 2016
It's the majority taste vs minority taste
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Mar 28, 2018 8:33 PM

Aug 2014
greymood said:
SoulResonanceLP said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko

ahh yes I have heard of this one before...I will happily watch it and see if I feel it is good or not to me :)

Thank you Kindly

Mar 28, 2018 8:34 PM

Jun 2011
greymood said:

Energetic-Nova said:

Kinda funny since it was popular in Japan, but well.

They aren't any similar to Rei tho o_O. I dunno what's the consensus when it comes to Oniisama e but i'm honestly fond of Fukiko, like a lot.

Oh, i was saying that I prefer Rei's reckless behavior and selfishness to arrogant characters... >.> and yeah I didn't really like Fukiko because she scared me a lot. I was often friends with both types of people in school though.... and Fukiko types would try to hoard my innocence and Rei types would try to corrupt my innocence.

Middle school was rough man...

Mariko was fun though. Because I never had a person like that in my life. And so it was easier for me to just be entertained by all her radical behavior... to be honest though, Mariko is the one most like my sister. My sister is like Asuka from Evangelion.... god I hate my sister....There is a reason I don't talk to her. Her being constantly jealous of NOTHING was so annoying. "How dare you run faster" *reasons I relate to shinji and don't ship shinji-asuka*
But then she would do stuff like say "your special! Special ED!" because... I was in special ed... and she used that fact to make herself seem like the superior sister. Oh and she would threaten suicide to get attention, and then get mad when people actually cared when I attempted. XD
She would pants me one day and try to be my best friend again the next.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 8:48 PM
Mar 28, 2018 11:44 PM

Nov 2014
Ehh, what do you mean lack? There are a lot of yuri titles, less yaoi. Their fanbases are also pretty big, people just don't go around announcing it without any reason.
I mean, even I am a fan of yuri.
Mar 28, 2018 11:56 PM

May 2016
I don't think that's the problem. The problem would be if anime that isn't yuri or yaoi doesn't have an LGBT character.
For example, Code Geass is not a yaoi or a Shounen Ai but Rolo Lamperouge, one of its characters, is gay but it's not his entire point. That's the good thing.
Mar 29, 2018 12:05 AM

Jul 2015
AdolChri said:
inb4 swagenator and the usual alt-right dudes get triggered and post here.

Don't talk about him too much, he's very report-happy

On topic: LGBTQ anime fans all fled MAL because of its userbase. They're probably on a site where watching old anime and being trans isn't shunned. I don't miss the daily topics about transgenders and wich bathrooms they should use, but they only stopped because all the trans fled.

At least we don't have radfems to yell at you that you're supporting the patriarchy by perpetuating gender roles wich are social constructs, blablabla
DeathkoMar 29, 2018 12:11 AM
Mar 29, 2018 12:48 AM

Mar 2018
this post is pure gold I love how popular it is tbh I love seeing all the comments of little bickering and different views just the fact alone of all the comments is mildly entertaining
Mar 29, 2018 3:04 AM

Feb 2015
Yaoi and yuri are crazy prevalent though, and transsexuals are prominent too, as b.d. afflictions go :I less prevalent than depression, more prevalent than obesity (and being black for that matter). Anime vanilla as fuck

There's a lady who's sure
All that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven
When she gets there she knows
If the stores are all closed
With a word she can get what she came for
Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

Mar 29, 2018 3:39 AM

Nov 2014
God damn it, do you even grammar? I can't barely grasp what you're saying
KaylieOtaku24 said:
I feel theres a lacking of LGBTQ Romance anime and just anime's of that Genre in general i noticed even with the clubs here the LGBTQ Groups are tiny and Trans anime and anything in that category was small minus BL Yaoi which was very interesting
If anything I've always got the impression that there is a higher proportion of LGBTQ in amongst people who watch, so....

Yaoi is the only one that is popular because a higher proportion of girls that are into anime are into yaoi than guys who watch anime are into yuri.

Seriously though, if you are trying to get a grasp of the actual breakdown of people in a group, estimating off the internet based on who you come into contact with seem painfully inaccurate.

KaylieOtaku24 said:
I almost feel like BL or Shounen Ai almost has a bigger following than yuri/ Shoujo ai genre
I think it is, but not as significant of a margin as you think.

Energetic-Nova said:
There are more yuri fans, but they just all hang around the CGDCT people.
^This. It's pretty much common knowledge if you hang around that crowd.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 29, 2018 4:02 AM
Feb 2018
Stripes said:
I agree. And even when things are more on the ambigious side. See something like Flip Flappers. You have people questioning it's legitimacy. Which is probably worse then it existing at all. Hell even Yuri on Ice getting the "but is it actually gay" shit was pretty infuriating. Add Devilman Crybaby onto that too while you're at it. It has to be so blatant to the point of making people cautious of even trying the series or ambiguously the point where it's questionable.

And I understand LGBT+ stuff is a risk in media. Especially Japan media. At least it's making stride and I rather the push back wasn't homophobic as fuck.

Are these stuff actually ambitious though? I found out that a lot "ambiguous" series aren't actually so, it's more that people come up with all kind of bizarre excuses on why stuff isn't gay.

Like, you still have people denying Kaworu and Shinji or Touya and Yukito.
Mar 29, 2018 6:42 AM

Feb 2016
@Energetic-nova Mariko is fun. Like a lot of fun. Her over exaggerated personality is amusing to watch, kinda like Nanami from Utena works. But Nanami is THE shit, god i love her.

Asuka-Shinji is destructive as fuck, even before EoE. Which reminds me that their destructive mechanic was only broken in the last few seconds of the movie with Asuka touching his face... but you probably disagree here

@AdolChri Dude it's all in your head!!! When they say they love each other is totally platonic there's no way it's HOMO no way no way
Mar 29, 2018 7:07 AM

Oct 2015
I think what we need the most is more yaoi/yuri anime that isn't just pandering to straight fangirls/fanboys and is actual romance. Most of those so called "romance" shows portray unrealistic, unhealthy couples that's sole reason is to be fetishized. The closest thing to a decent gay romance that I can think of was Doukyuusei, and even that wasn't the greatest thing ever in my opinion.
Mar 29, 2018 7:09 AM

Mar 2016
Ugh I have so complicated feelings about this. When I was younger I read a lot of yaoi and shounen ai but now they just feel like the whole genre of BL is a fetish and that feels really bad. Japan is conservative country and they are not so accepting than west.

BL is drawn and written by straight women and that is saying lot to me.
It would be really nice to see a manga/anime that portraits a normal and healthy LGBTQ character or relationship. I would love to talk about the psychological needs of portraying LGBTQ character but my English vocabulary is limited.
I guess we just have to do with what we got.

And don't take me wrong! I'm not hating on BL and I think it's some kind of way to explore your sexuality. I still read BL but I'm a lot more picky about what I read and watch.
Mar 29, 2018 7:22 AM

Jul 2015
Seiya said:
SenshiDave said:
Liking cute girls

originally desu..

So, in others words, "men of culture" have bad taste in Anime?

Well according to you bi people don't like cute girls so maybe you prefer ugly ones or you are just gay.
Mar 29, 2018 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
@pinky_candydive

Try Shimanami Tasogare. I'm loving it.
Mar 29, 2018 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
Orhunaa said:
Most of those so called "romance" shows portray unrealistic, unhealthy couples that's sole reason is to be fetishized.

pinky_candydive said:
When I was younger I read a lot of yaoi and shounen ai but now they just feel like the whole genre of BL is a fetish and that feels really bad

Care to explain to me what do you mean by that?
Mar 29, 2018 7:32 AM

Dec 2017
Because all the LGBTQ people went to tumblr.... And I personally don't see any reason to watch a LGBTQ anime. There is a lack of LGBTQ anime because they know it'll spread too many opinions, hate etc and most people will chose to not watch it. They want something that can sell, not only emotional shit for hypersensitive people.
Mar 29, 2018 7:41 AM

Oct 2015
SupremeEdgelord said:
Orhunaa said:
Most of those so called "romance" shows portray unrealistic, unhealthy couples that's sole reason is to be fetishized.

pinky_candydive said:
When I was younger I read a lot of yaoi and shounen ai but now they just feel like the whole genre of BL is a fetish and that feels really bad

If you've watched/read any BL or GL (it's more prevalent in BL btw) you'd see that the shows aren't marketed to homosexual people (or anyone who wants to see a good romance story). In most yaoi characters' relationship can pretty much be boiled down to "seme rapes uke and then uke falls in love". And even the existance of seme and uke in every yaoi is retarded. There doesn't always have to be a dominant and a submissive partner, I guess it's just more hot that way when one of them takes the role of man idk. In Yuri, I'm not as knowledgable but the recent show Citrus is also a good example of what's wrong with these shows.
Mar 29, 2018 7:41 AM

Mar 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Orhunaa said:

pinky_candydive said:

Okay note here that this does not apply to every BL manga/anime. But what I mean by fetish is that the characters have this certain arch-type. This comes back to me saying that BL is made by straight women. The other half of BL couple is really feminine. This so that women can project themselves in to the story by which the whole sense of BL loses it's meaning. And again remember this does not apply to every BL manga/anime there is. Also there are lots of non-con elements in some of these BL mangas/animes which is really uncomfortable to read but these elements are dissmissed in the series.
Mar 29, 2018 7:51 AM

Jul 2015
sashaanjo said:
Because all the LGBTQ people went to tumblr.... And I personally don't see any reason to watch a LGBTQ anime. There is a lack of LGBTQ anime because they know it'll spread too many opinions, hate etc and most people will chose to not watch it. They want something that can sell, not only emotional shit for hypersensitive people.

Didn't know japanese were insect people with a hive mind. I'm pretty sure I saw a few acclaimed and successful LGBT anime, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Maybe all the homophobes who lost their shit when Yuri On Ice happened? These guys sure are easily triggered.
Mar 29, 2018 7:57 AM

Mar 2016
@Ellroy thanks for the recommendation! :)
Mar 29, 2018 7:57 AM
Jul 2017
all 3 of them are cancer my man.............
Mar 29, 2018 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
@Orhunaa
@pinky_candydive

Oh, you meant the seme-uke / dominant-submissive thing, i see.

I was already familiar with it because it i saw it a lot even in fan-made shippings between characters.

Latest example of it is from BNHA, there's an impressive amount of yaoi fanarts on the internet.
Mar 29, 2018 8:10 AM

Oct 2015
SupremeEdgelord said:
@Orhunaa
@pinky_candydive

Oh, you meant the seme-uke / dominant-submissive thing, i see.

I was already familiar with it because it i saw it a lot even in fan-made shippings between characters.

Latest example of it is from BNHA, there's an impressive amount of yaoi fanarts on the internet.

Yeah that too but my main point was that the shows are more concerned on "hot boys getting it on" aspect than quality writing.
Mar 29, 2018 8:19 AM

Dec 2017
Clebardman said:
sashaanjo said:

Didn't know japanese were insect people with a hive mind. I'm pretty sure I saw a few acclaimed and successful LGBT anime, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Maybe all the homophobes who lost their shit when Yuri On Ice happened? These guys sure are easily triggered.

I didn't say there is absolutely NO LGBTQ anime. I wouldn't even know there is because I never searched for once since I'm not interesting in watching that. I only said my opinion why there is a lack of LGBTQ anime. There may be some... but not as numerous as other genres.
Mar 29, 2018 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
SenshiDave said:
Seiya said:

So, in others words, "men of culture" have bad taste in Anime?

Well according to you bi people don't like cute girls so maybe you prefer ugly ones or you are just gay.

No, I like "sexy" girls. I just hate cute things.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 3 hours ago

13 by Nemo_Niemand »»
44 seconds ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 1 hour ago

8 by Ricchan__ »»
1 minute ago

» What anime do you refuse to watch since you have already read the source material?

Kushna - 2 hours ago

6 by tchitchouan »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Who is the hottest anime mom? (beware of spoilers)

Shizuna - 2 hours ago

7 by Shizuna »»
6 minutes ago

» Blackmail netorare hentais are really dumb

Kingdom-ya - Yesterday

11 by IndexXx »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.