Forum Settings
Forums

lack of LGBTQ Anime fans and animes :/ RANT WARNING

New
shoujo Ai/Yuri or Shounen Ai/Yaoi ? Gender Bender ? FAvorite?
Shoujo Ai
52.9%
Shounen Ai
34.6%
Gender Bender (TRans)
12.5%
280 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 28, 2018 1:06 AM

Aug 2017
Well people are quick to judge the genre and it's fans as you see and moreover in Japan as well with the amount of yuri and yaoi baits that are thrown around in anime I am not sure as to why there are not enough anime adaptation at least, but in case of mangas there are plenty of them.

But I guess anime gets more exposure and is targeted towards a wider demographic and most of the time it may not appeal to them.
Mar 28, 2018 3:24 AM
Jul 2018
Anime is made to get a profit, so are doujins and manga.

If you want it either make it or give money for it.

Mar 28, 2018 3:32 AM

Jun 2016
Tbh this is pretty common in most of all fandoms.
The thing that makes me more upset is that a large number of male anime fans like shoujo ai/yuri but hate shounen ai/yaoi while the female are usually okay with both even if they clearly have a preference for the latter.
I mean, it's okay to deslike one of them but don't go and start attacking people who like it just because their taste and opinions are different.. i say this because i have seen a lot of this shit already, af.
To my personal preference: shounen ai/yaoi > gender bender/trans > shoujo ai/yuri
I like all of them though.
Mar 28, 2018 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
They just keep adding letters to the damn thing don't they?...
Mar 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Aug 2017
wowie better tell the anime industry so they can produce yaoi and yuri anime just for you
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2018 5:44 AM

Sep 2015
Disgusting. Your degeneracy has no place in anime.
Mar 28, 2018 5:45 AM

Sep 2017
I actually feel like yuri and yaoi is pretty popular in anime. There's also more attention towards to LGBTQ+ community in mainstream media, though it's not always a positive representation.

My preference goes like this: yuri --> yaoi --> gender bender (because these are most of the time not stories about trans characters, it can be a little annoying).

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Mar 28, 2018 6:14 AM
Jan 2014
Please don't try to insert Western LBQT bullcrap into anime, anime is good because it doesn't have any of that. Sure there's anime and doujins that cater to gays but it's not wrapped up with ideology.
Mar 28, 2018 6:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I think there's a decent amount of anime fans that are into LGBTQ-related stuff but it's not really something that can be considered mainstream within the anime industry in Japan
Mar 28, 2018 7:21 AM

Nov 2017
Because Japan is not America..

Xx
Mar 28, 2018 7:23 AM

Feb 2017
KaylieOtaku24 said:
Andigo said:

Dont gotta be alt right or of any political stance to feel anime doesnt need any of that shit injected into it. How about we let people be and create what they want? If anything id say anime is already the most accepting medium. Regardless, No matter what you wont find your lgbqtblahblah relationships in anime or anything else when compared to whats normal or average because its a minority group, and imo really not a natural or beautiful one at that.. I mean not to hurt any feelings, but im sick of hearing about all this acceptance, bs. Do you, be you, no one gives a fk but why is it everytime i see something about this lgbqt shit its always someone bitching about something.?
you just talked about acceptance and do whatever you want in your life than go on and bash the complete whole of the LGBTQ community in itself wow your gunna have a whirlwind on you buddy you completely contradicted yourself in that whole statement ... and it will never go away because we are fighting for our exceptance nothing is sick or wrong about it its one of the most beautiful things there is and there is plenty of same sex relations even found in natural wild animals in the wild.. so mind correcting yourself on the statement what is normal.. there is no normal love is simply love and love itself is beautiful the fact that you have a problem with it is the problem you are the problem if you dont prefer that anime or manga genre thats fine but we will be respected you dont have to like it thats fine but everyone deserves respect and you totally diresespected the whole LGBTQ community as whole just now.... I get tired of the constant back and forth political stuff myself but we as human being and LGBTQ community specifically deserve respect and thats why our voices are so loud i dont even know why im typing this your probably like 12 years old..

I promise you im older then you. Also i speak of acceptance because im all for it... what im not for is a group of self proclaimed victims who want to change society more then they have to. You are human, as a human you deserve basic human rights. Thats it... you deserve the same rights as everyone else... what your not entitled to is equal representation in every aspect of society. Also... you are genetically either male or female.. thats it, Now the spectrum for each is wide, no one is telling you how to be... i sure as hell dont care. But normal is whats average, and again im sufe even in the animal kingdom whats normal for reproduction and love is straight, there really is no point arguing the opposite. Now im at work and on my phone so to be honest i didnt read your whole post just skimmed it, but from what i did read you got triggered by an opinion and one tht really wasnt that harsh.
Mar 28, 2018 8:40 AM

Jun 2011
Andigo said:
KaylieOtaku24 said:
you just talked about acceptance and do whatever you want in your life than go on and bash the complete whole of the LGBTQ community in itself wow your gunna have a whirlwind on you buddy you completely contradicted yourself in that whole statement ... and it will never go away because we are fighting for our exceptance nothing is sick or wrong about it its one of the most beautiful things there is and there is plenty of same sex relations even found in natural wild animals in the wild.. so mind correcting yourself on the statement what is normal.. there is no normal love is simply love and love itself is beautiful the fact that you have a problem with it is the problem you are the problem if you dont prefer that anime or manga genre thats fine but we will be respected you dont have to like it thats fine but everyone deserves respect and you totally diresespected the whole LGBTQ community as whole just now.... I get tired of the constant back and forth political stuff myself but we as human being and LGBTQ community specifically deserve respect and thats why our voices are so loud i dont even know why im typing this your probably like 12 years old..

I promise you im older then you. Also i speak of acceptance because im all for it... what im not for is a group of self proclaimed victims who want to change society more then they have to. You are human, as a human you deserve basic human rights. Thats it... you deserve the same rights as everyone else... what your not entitled to is equal representation in every aspect of society. Also... you are genetically either male or female.. thats it, Now the spectrum for each is wide, no one is telling you how to be... i sure as hell dont care. But normal is whats average, and again im sufe even in the animal kingdom whats normal for reproduction and love is straight, there really is no point arguing the opposite. Now im at work and on my phone so to be honest i didnt read your whole post just skimmed it, but from what i did read you got triggered by an opinion and one tht really wasnt that harsh.

I don't want a normal relationship. I want a weird relationship. and weird relationships are more interesting in anime.
Being attracted to things which are not real isn't normal but somehow there are entire communities built around such a thing.... and entire genres born because of it.
And even the characters themselves will be in love with demons, shinigami, aliens, figurative and literal satan, angels, vampires, children, a relative, your hand who is a girl......Soda cans... who are girls...trains who are boys....

Ranma was pretty popular. And people liked him regardless if he was physically female or physically male. XD Oh the sexuality backflipping Ranma caused.

And the amount of bending people do to make the romance that goes on in FLCL OK is pretty hilarious.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 8:45 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 28, 2018 8:48 AM
Sep 2017
It seems that this post is bit late. It's not that LGBT communities are large, but interest is slowly growing over general anime watcher populace as well. Instead of despairing, you should look forward to times getting better step by step. In Japan registration of same-sex relationships is now possible in some locations as well.

This season alone had 3 shows with a quite bit of focus on LGBT stuff.

Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens
Slow Start
Citrus

And all of them have it out in open in some form and are not just teases.

More will follow this year. In fact I just saw two BL shows confirmed for adaptation. Kase-San OVA is out in summer. Tachibanakan Triangle (yuri short romcom love triange) is in next season. Happy Sugar Life is also confirmed (yandere yuri existential horror). Mahou Shoujo Ore, a silly parody show has one of the mains as bi and other one is in love with what seems to be a gay idol guy.

Bloom Into You (a slower paced yuri romance) actually came third in a vote where people were asked what manga they want to have anime adaptation just recently. That's a lot of votes because it was a general poll with lots of genres. So I expect to see that one as well fairly soon, as there's plenty of material for a cour already and the manga is actually quite popular.

So it's not all clouds and shadows.

Oh, about that animal kingdom: Interestingly enough many mammals have some bisexual or homosexual behavior and its actually beneficial to the survival of the species in a biological sense. In this short video made by Rationality Rules you can see the basic premise: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=614k_UoFa2U
Mar 28, 2018 8:53 AM

Feb 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
Andigo said:

I don't want a normal relationship. I want a weird relationship. and weird relationships are more interesting in anime.
Being attracted to things which are not real isn't normal but somehow there are entire communities built around such a thing.... and entire genres born because of it.
And even the characters themselves will be in love with demons, shinigami, aliens, figurative and literal satan, angels, vampires, children, a relative, your hand who is a girl......Soda cans... who are girls...trains who are boys....

Ranma was pretty popular. And people liked him regardless if he was physically female or physically male. XD Oh the sexuality backflipping Ranma caused.

And the amount of bending people do to make the romance that goes on in FLCL OK is pretty hilarious.

Hey man im all for it! I have my kinks i like too, hell even liking anime at my age ,in my groups and in my profession isnt normal.. Sort of a guilty pleasure that im not 100% ashamed of but also not 100% willing to wear on my sleave. ;p i just hate people who complain or try to change harmless things. There is nothing wrong with weird.
Mar 28, 2018 8:55 AM

Jun 2011
-Placeholder- said:
Please don't try to insert Western LBQT bullcrap into anime, anime is good because it doesn't have any of that. Sure there's anime and doujins that cater to gays but it's not wrapped up with ideology.

Oh like Wandering Son?(which won awards in Japan) And like even better, there is a lot more live action content.... like movies and Jdramas. A lot of which are adapted from more realistic feeling manga.

The only reason why Japan isn't further in gay rights, and other analysts have said this, is because it is a much quieter non-acceptance of something not normal. It isn't like the west where you get killed by religious zealots over it. Or your place would be raided by police because gay. So yeah. It is different from the west because of the lack of Christian reasoning to hate gay people. But it suffers from western influence to hate gay people (before that, they didn't hate gay people or treat it as an othering factor). It was only in an effort to appear like a "normal country" and it is the same reason for China. Very similar history on this one. Very much had everything to do with perceptions of the west for allowing it.

According to some articles I have read, it is more about how coming out is still taboo. Being gay isn't but coming out is. So nobody really knows a gay person. They just have this idea in their head of what a gay person would be like instead. VS. Here there is a huge coming out culture. Coming out= more gay people you actually know. Coming out in Japan is seen as someone "lied" to you. Here it is seen as "being yourself".

Japanese anime definitely has homogeneous culture ideology wrapped up in many titles.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 9:10 AM
Mar 28, 2018 9:06 AM

Jun 2017
I feel the same way. As a member of the LGBT. communty myself I agree with you. Allot of the BL content that are released are OVA adaptions. There aren't too many TV series Shounen Ai's put there... and it wouldn't hurt to have more Shoujo ai aswell.
Mar 28, 2018 9:19 AM

Jun 2011
Andigo said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Hey man im all for it! I have my kinks i like too, hell even liking anime at my age ,in my groups and in my profession isnt normal.. Sort of a guilty pleasure that im not 100% ashamed of but also not 100% willing to wear on my sleave. ;p i just hate people who complain or try to change harmless things. There is nothing wrong with weird.

I mean, considering I, in middle school, had pins from Gravitation. Wore them out. had some anime related patches like from Inuyasha on my backpack.

I carried around shonen ai manga through high school. Everyone, EVERYONE, knew I had a weird fetish for it. And I started a Gay Straight Alliance... and I had a lot of LGBT friends... and it got to the point where... I didn't have straight friends.

And even now, I still have hardly any straight friends. So for me, it is more normal? Like people went to prom with who like liked and nobody gave a shit. Nobody gave a shit that I held hands down the hall with my girlfriend. I didn't kiss her, but people generally didn't go PDAing in the hallways either unless they were kinda drugged out types.

I got invited to be a voyeur more than once with some gay friends. >.> I definitely enjoyed that. Especially when the movie sucked at a theater... always better than the movie.

I donno, definitely not tumblr stuff. Definitely weird. But if I wasn't weird, I would have never found my husband who I have been with for 9 years. eh.
Mar 28, 2018 9:19 AM
Jan 2014
Energetic-Nova said:
-Placeholder- said:

Oh like Wandering Son?(which won awards in Japan) And like even better, there is a lot more live action content.... like movies and Jdramas. A lot of which are adapted from more realistic feeling manga.

The only reason why Japan isn't further in gay rights, and other analysts have said this, is because it is a much quieter non-acceptance of something not normal. It isn't like the west where you get killed by religious zealots over it. Or your place would be raided by police because gay. So yeah. It is different from the west because of the lack of Christian reasoning to hate gay people. But it suffers from western influence to hate gay people (before that, they didn't hate gay people or treat it as an othering factor). It was only in an effort to appear like a "normal country" and it is the same reason for China. Very similar history on this one. Very much had everything to do with perceptions of the west for allowing it.

According to some articles I have read, it is more about how coming out is still taboo. Being gay isn't but coming out is. So nobody really knows a gay person. They just have this idea in their head of what a gay person would be like instead. VS. Here there is a huge coming out culture. Coming out= more gay people you actually know. Coming out in Japan is seen as someone "lied" to you. Here it is seen as "being yourself".

Japanese anime definitely has homogeneous culture ideology wrapped up in many titles.

My my, with the persecution complex. By the way you talk you think Christians are fundamentalist Muslims. And it's ironic because people like you are usually pro muslim. Bu the thing is, you don't get killed by religious zealots for being gay in the West, you get killed by being gay in the Middle East.

No, hating gay people is not just some Christian thing. Pretty much every culture in the world doesn't particularly like gays since historical times, and that's for good reason: they don't have kids, and they facilitate the spread of STDs by having promiscuous anal sex with other men. Rather, it's this widespread gay acceptance that is a modern phenomenon that is a directly a result of Western values of individualism, the opposite of what you said.

Japan doesn't have this LGBT ideology, simply because LGBT ideology is a product of cultural Marxism, which hasn't got its roots in Japan yet. Cultural Marxism is the continuation of Marxist ideals that proposes that instead of Capitalism being the apparatus of oppression, it's the traditional gender roles and morality that is the apparatus of oppression.

Japan has plenty of media for gay people, but unlike the West, it doesn't have the same conception of queerness being an ideology and a promoted lifestyle.
Mar 28, 2018 9:27 AM

Jun 2011
-Placeholder- said:
Energetic-Nova said:

My my, with the persecution complex. By the way you talk you think Christians are fundamentalist Muslims. And it's ironic because people like you are usually pro muslim. Bu the thing is, you don't get killed by religious zealots for being gay in the West, you get killed by being gay in the Middle East.

No, hating gay people is not just some Christian thing. Pretty much every culture in the world doesn't particularly like gays since historical times, and that's for good reason: they don't have kids, and they facilitate the spread of STDs by having promiscuous anal sex with other men. Rather, it's this widespread gay acceptance that is a modern phenomenon that is a directly a result of Western values of individualism, the opposite of what you said.

Japan doesn't have this LGBT ideology, simply because LGBT ideology is a product of cultural Marxism, which hasn't got its roots in Japan yet. Cultural Marxism is the continuation of Marxist ideals that proposes that instead of Capitalism being the apparatus of oppression, it's the traditional gender roles and morality that is the apparatus of oppression.

Japan has plenty of media for gay people, but unlike the West, it doesn't have the same conception of queerness being an ideology and a promoted lifestyle.

I am anti- all religion. Have fun. Religion is the root of a lot of evil.

Japan does have a gay culture. It is just more underground. And they have smoking fetishes and gaijin fetishes. Why Gaijin? because it is more anonymous and more guaranteed to be going home and never see them again. It used to be that way here too. Where nobody could really have a relationship. I don't think that is a good thing.
Stable relationships actually stop the spread of STDs. So I don't know what you are on about.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 28, 2018 9:41 AM
Jan 2014
@Energetic-Nova

Religion is the root of all evil? That's a strange statement. All of the Christians I've known are a lot nicer than your average non-religious person. And this make sense, because they believe there is an objective good, and that their actions have eternal significance. Whereas atheism begets nihilism and moral decadence; they don't have any transcendent meaning in their lives, so they may as well just seek out pleasure.

Granted, you make a point that homosexuality being more accepted may lead to more wholesome monogamous relationships.
Mar 28, 2018 9:45 AM

Jun 2011
-Placeholder- said:
@Energetic-Nova

Religion is the root of all evil? That's a strange statement. All of the Christians I've known are a lot nicer than your average non-religious person. And this make sense, because they believe there is an objective good, and that their actions have eternal significance. Whereas atheism begets nihilism and moral decadence; they don't have any transcendent meaning in their lives, so they may as well just seek out pleasure.

Granted, you make a point that homosexuality being more accepted may lead to more wholesome monogamous relationships.

It certainly does here. Less abortion in my state than religious states too. Atheists have longer marriages. And Mormons live longer. (the ones that don't indulge in even caffeine) Things to learn from each other. Statistically, less teen pregnancy and STDs here. Prob do to general knowledge about sex is greater. Florida is a dumpster fire.

"external significance" like how you guys have lots of babies and make the government pay for it... and then vote away safety nets which you guys are the primary users of. lol.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 9:54 AM
Mar 28, 2018 9:56 AM
Jan 2014
@Energetic-Nova

Whatever news source told you that atheists have longer marriages, you should stop going there. http://divorce.lovetoknow.com/Divorce_Statistics_by_Religion

The abortion rate difference between states could be due to a thousand different factors, very doubtful that religion is the cause.
Mar 28, 2018 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
-Placeholder- said:
@Energetic-Nova

Whatever news source told you that atheists have longer marriages, you should stop going there. http://divorce.lovetoknow.com/Divorce_Statistics_by_Religion

The abortion rate difference between states could be due to a thousand different factors, very doubtful that religion is the cause.

LOL. I don't see Atheists listed. Probably because they don't want to admit it. Mormons I know have all been married 3+ times. I feel sorry for my mother in law who is on her third divorce. guy is hella abusive though. She should leave. But she keeps holding out hope for someone who cheats on her daily and has had many kids out of wedlock.... (he is catholic)

I grew up catholic. Mother is catholic. Has said gay people deserve to die. But generally, most catholics are less religous than my mom and are some of the least religious of all the Christian groups.

And Atheists divorce rate has always been slightly less than Catholics.

Religious people I know are all promiscuous. Most atheists I know are either in a kink club or are virgins. There are plenty that have been in 10+ year long relationships without being married by the government.

Mixed religion marriages usually do not work. Doesn't matter what your beliefs are. marrying someone out of your religion is a bad idea.

Obviously a world with no religion would be more peaceful and less divorce because more likely to believe in stuff you came to believe on your own rather than feel forced into a box you don't belong in, and the fact that people will often say the church across the street is going to hell is really really funny.

But if you must know, I get along best with mormons.

Japan is mostly atheist. And they have more 30 year old virgins than anyone. So what I am saying is true. Lack of a higher power is part of that. because there is no "destiny" or "command" to fuck, we kinda just don't? And if we do it is with some strange fetish. and people raised by atheists are less likely to fuck than people like me who were raised by Catholics.
Energetic-NovaMar 28, 2018 10:10 AM
Mar 28, 2018 10:47 AM
Mar 2018
the B in LGBTQ implies there are only two genders
Mar 28, 2018 11:38 AM

Feb 2017
HotPocketChris said:

how many genders are there i'm not sure but i thought there was only 2 biological and 4 possible social genders
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 12:12 PM
Mar 2018
Ryuuryota said:
HotPocketChris said:

how many genders are there i'm not sure but i thought there was only 2 biological and 4 possible social genders

only two genders my dude. male and female.
Mar 28, 2018 12:14 PM

Feb 2017
HotPocketChris said:
Ryuuryota said:

wouldn't you say that there is 2 biological genders for humans "male and female"
and 4 social self identifying genders.
1.male
2.female
3.male->sex change to female=transgenderfemale
4.female-> sex change to male=transgendermale
or am i wrong here?
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
I knew this thread would derail the first moment i saw it.
Mar 28, 2018 12:38 PM
Mar 2018
Ryuuryota said:
HotPocketChris said:

wouldn't you say that there is 2 biological genders for humans "male and female"
1.male
2.female
or am i wrong here?

nope. people who are 3 and 4 have mental problems. hard truth but transgender people having a suicide rate the same as jews during the holocaust = mental health problem. (and no, bullying doesn't lead to the same rate of suicide of people literally being starved and tortured to death in concentration camps)

i use to believe that transgender-ism was a legitimate thing too, because thats how i was taught to think in school and by peers. until, i did my own research and looked at opposing viewpoints. you should too

i could go on about this but don't wanna because of the incoming shitstorm so i'll leave it at that.
Mar 28, 2018 12:46 PM

Feb 2017
HotPocketChris said:
Ryuuryota said:

1.male
2.female
or am i wrong here?

nope. people who are 3 and 4 have mental problems. hard truth but transgender people having a suicide rate the same as jews during the holocaust = mental health problem. (and no, bullying doesn't lead to the same rate of suicide of people literally being starved and tortured to death in concentration camps)

i use to believe that transgender-ism was a legitimate thing too, because thats how i was taught to think in school and by peers. until, i did my own research and looked at opposing viewpoints. you should too

i could go on about this but don't wanna because of the incoming shitstorm so i'll leave it at that.

No problem i read through it and can understand your view point i don't personally have an opinion on the topic because i'm not someone who has had a sex change or believes in their own mind that they have been placed in the wrong sex. It's a controversial topic that normally sows the seeds of many lengthy arguement's so i will leave it at that :D
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 12:50 PM

Feb 2017
SupremeEdgelord said:

Were still fairly on topic here just discussing how there needs to be more lgbtq produced it's small % is leaving people like me feeling a bit :(
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
Ryuuryota said:
SupremeEdgelord said:

Were still fairly on topic here just discussing how there needs to be more lgbtq produced it's small % is leaving people like me feeling a bit :(

And which one of those do you happen to be...?
Mar 28, 2018 1:12 PM

Feb 2017
SupremeEdgelord said:
Ryuuryota said:

And which one of those do you happen to be...?

I'm just a standard male nothing special about me :/ although i find the topic interesting and would like to see more anime exploring these :D
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Mar 28, 2018 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
神は私たちを未完成のままにしました
Mar 28, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2016
uhmmmm ewwwwwww...
go watch hentai.
Mar 28, 2018 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
KaylieOtaku24 said:
I almost feel like BL or Shounen Ai almost has a bigger following than yuri/ Shoujo ai genre

That definitely isn't the case..

Because true men of culture know that there is no love purer than the love between two cute high-school girls.
Mar 28, 2018 2:20 PM

Jul 2017
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
@KaylieOtaku24 (Most) Anime are made in Japan. When writers and others create these stories, they tend to base it off of their imagination or point of view which is inspired by their surroundings and upbringing. The LGBTQ community isn't as vocal in Japan as it would be in America and other countries, so naturally, not many people create anime like that unless they're in that yuri/yaoi genre. Because there's a lack of LGBTQ characters and/or themes, there's a lack of clubs about them since the genre is so small. But I believe it's gotten much more popular than it was before
Thank You this was a great explanation and helped alot ive kinda been starting to educate myself more on it ive been curious how it is japan you hit some points I didn't kno about so thank you ! and i feel the same way that it is growing a great deal its very interesting how its portrayed and the typical tropes found in each genre .. Lbt related its interesting.. thanks again I thought this would be a good thread to start cause I think theres alot to say on it I do feel its evolving and changing with the times in a good way ive noticed more coming out as of recently and getting more serious losing some of the same tropes found in other series ... idk why it interests me it just does im a huge fan so ya ... :3 lol
read manwhas ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
Mar 28, 2018 2:20 PM

Jun 2014
SenshiDave said:
KaylieOtaku24 said:
I almost feel like BL or Shounen Ai almost has a bigger following than yuri/ Shoujo ai genre

That definitely isn't the case..

Because true men of culture know that there is no love purer than the love between two cute high-school girls.

No, sorry. Not all men are yuri/shoujo-ai fans. I like seeing two guys together, but not two girls.

Also, I'm bi, but I hate cute girls.

Mar 28, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2015
Seiya said:

Ya ok I get that but I said "true men of culture".
Mar 28, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
SenshiDave said:
Seiya said:

Ya ok I get that but I said "true men of culture".

And what's your definition of "men of culture?"

Mar 28, 2018 2:35 PM

Jul 2015
Liking cute girls

originally desu..
Mar 28, 2018 2:39 PM

Jun 2014
SenshiDave said:
Liking cute girls

originally desu..

So, in others words, "men of culture" have bad taste in Anime?

Mar 28, 2018 2:44 PM
Mar 2018
I dont really think with there is A lack of abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzlgbtgauoijgd non binary taezfrefg
Mar 28, 2018 2:46 PM

Mar 2014
I'm bi and I agree that anime needs more same sex stories. We'll just have to pray and hope that the Japanese soon will go back to their pre-Meiji roots when it comes to homosexuality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan

The people who don't want no "Western LGBT BS" in their anime would be having a heart attack if they were transported back to pre-Meiji Japan only to discover that "Western" "gay BS" used to be rampant in Japan once upon a time
Comic_SansMar 28, 2018 2:53 PM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Jul 2017
And it should stay that way. Don't want SJW filth ruining the anime industry because of "MUH MINORITY REPRESENTATION".

Except yuri ofc. Yuri is love, yuri is life.
why yuri yes and yaoi no? fkin hetero shit
Mar 28, 2018 3:02 PM

Feb 2017
Isn't it just because it won't sell as well?

Mar 28, 2018 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
The producers will make what would sell, since most of those are niche series.
I know the feeling of not finding something that you like in anime form.

and it's maybe because they don't want to watch them
Mar 28, 2018 3:24 PM

Feb 2017
Comic_Sans said:
I'm bi and I agree that anime needs more same sex stories. We'll just have to pray and hope that the Japanese soon will go back to their pre-Meiji roots when it comes to homosexuality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan

The people who don't want no "Western LGBT BS" in their anime would be having a heart attack if they were transported back to pre-Meiji Japan only to discover that "Western" "gay BS" used to be rampant in Japan once upon a time

You mean like how its already rampant in the west? Nah we would just roll our eyes and look to another cultures media not quite polluted by people pushing agendas.
Mar 28, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2014
Andigo said:
You mean like how its already rampant in the west? Nah we would just roll our eyes and look to another cultures media not quite polluted by people pushing agendas.
So basically artsy fartsy shit à la Stan Brakhage? Because that’s pretty much all you’re going to get if you want a media that is completely free of ”agenda pushing”.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 28, 2018 3:54 PM

Jun 2008
I just want more traps.

And I want the MC to choose a trap over a girl.

Fuck you bitches, traps are the best of both worlds!

Something like that.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

166 by TheMinkalex »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 3 hours ago

12 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Is this the most well-animated, fluidest fighting sequence in anime history?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

3 by Zettaiken »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

28 by Luc36 »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

20 by LNW_R92CP »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.