Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2018 4:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It may be graduation and end of high school but their lives are just beginning.

This OVA finale pretty much concludes the main story as the ReLife experiment ends. I have to admit, I got a little emotional during some of the moments like the part when Hoshiro and Kaizaki hugged.

We also see the aftermath of the experiment and they remembered! What a journey this has been. Glad to see this anime giving it a proper sendoff.
Mar 21, 2018 6:05 AM

May 2013
No explanation on how memories got erased, was a heartwarming ending though. The OVA felt like they rushed it all up but it was still a fine watch and I'm glad they did give a conclusion to the story between the two.
Mar 21, 2018 6:28 AM

Sep 2012
This was so rushed that it hurts...
Mar 21, 2018 7:19 AM

Jan 2016
I actually was fine with them rushing everything but when they swapped the ending from the original one it kinda felt unsatisfying?
If they rushed everything and delivered the same ending in the same way - i think everyone would be okey with it.
Mar 21, 2018 7:28 AM
May 2017
Where can these episodes be watched?
Mar 21, 2018 7:30 AM

Apr 2008
Yeah. The rushed ending really ruined the impact that it had in the manga. So much better there. But it was OK. Better than nothing. This really just needed to be a season 2 to cover everything. These episodes cut so much stuff that for anime only viewers some things won't even make sense or have no impact at all. Oh well. Still worth the watch and I really do like the series.
Mar 21, 2018 7:31 AM

Apr 2008
kaizakisenpai said:
Where can these episodes be watched?

Crunchyroll has them.
Mar 21, 2018 8:01 AM

Mar 2016
i'm kinda disappointed.... it felt so rushed..........

im a little sad but i mean it was good but lacking, i need to finish the manga and then i will be happier.
Mar 21, 2018 9:39 AM

Dec 2014
The hug at the end of graduation was so sad. :(

I'm glad that both Kaizaki and Chizuru chose to work for ReLife and that they were able to meet again and eventually remember each other. :)

Overall, yeah these 4 episodes were a little rushed especially this final one but they weren't bad at all. If the manga continues after this, can someone point me to which chapter it continues at?

8/10, I still liked it despite the rushing.
Mar 21, 2018 10:03 AM

Apr 2008
Lelouch0202 said:

I'm glad that both Kaizaki and Chizuru chose to work for ReLife and that they were able to meet again and eventually remember each other. :)

Overall, yeah these 4 episodes were a little rushed especially this final one but they weren't bad at all. If the manga continues after this, can someone point me to which chapter it continues at?

This pretty much covered the end of the manga. But I would recommend you read the last four chapters to see a much better finale. The last two chapters weren't really covered.
Mar 21, 2018 10:05 AM

Dec 2014
GundamSoul said:
Lelouch0202 said:

This pretty much covered the end of the manga. But I would recommend you read the last four chapters to see a much better finale. The last two chapters weren't really covered.

Oh, I was hoping there would be a little more than that. Thanks, I'll read the last few chapters. :)
Mar 21, 2018 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
GundamSoul said:

Oh, I was hoping there would be a little more than that. Thanks, I'll read the last few chapters. :)

These episodes did cut a good amount of stuff so if you want more I would recommend reading the last 100 chapters or so cause it does flesh out some of the side characters more. Season one ended at roughly chapter 110.
GundamSoulMar 21, 2018 10:11 AM
Mar 21, 2018 11:17 AM

Nov 2016
Except post credit scenes with Kaizaki and Hishiro regaining their memories and some occasional nice moments,I didn't like this at all. Compared to the emotions I had while reading the manga this was way too lackluster.

Can't bring myself to rate this higher than 4/10 tbh.

I think every fan of this anime should read the manga.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 21, 2018 12:04 PM

Jan 2018
Vacu0us said:
i'm kinda disappointed.... it felt so rushed..........

im a little sad but i mean it was good but lacking, i need to finish the manga and then i will be happier.
Trust me! If u just watched the OVA...then the Ending in manga feels Incredible.The ending in ova is not sooo bad but it's COMPLETELY different from the Manga!.Just complete the Manga And you know How I Feel Right Now!!! T^T...
Mar 21, 2018 12:40 PM

Jul 2014
Any other manga readers really like the OVAs? I'm actually glad that they chose to gloss over certain arcs and skipped to the most important stuff. Even though Hishiro's arc and Ohga's arc gave them important character development, the way they were handled in the manga felt really too dramatic at times.

I actually breathed a sigh of relief seeing Kaizaki brush it off when Hishiro went to straighten his tie instead of going into PTSD mode. Also when Ohga straight up told the 2 about his shut-in brother. Surely I cant be the only one who didnt enjoy the drama despite how justified it was? I also felt the ending is still as impactful even with the absence of the character development from those arcs. Honestly, given how they only have 4 episodes to conclude the story, the way they adapted this was nothing short of perfect.

Also another unpopular opinion, but who else would have liked it if the story ended at the part where Kaizaki smiles and offers ReLIFE to Ohga's brother? As much as I love Kaizaki and Hishiro as a couple, I think the ending would have been more beautiful and poignant if they never remembered each other but they go on to live fulfilling lives as adults thanks to everything they've learned from the experiment.
Mar 21, 2018 12:48 PM

Apr 2008
UglyBarnacle said:
Any other manga readers really like the OVAs? I'm actually glad that they chose to gloss over certain arcs and skipped to the most important stuff. Even though Hishiro's arc and Ohga's arc gave them important character development, the way they were handled in the manga felt really too dramatic at times.

I actually breathed a sigh of relief seeing Kaizaki brush it off when Hishiro went to straighten his tie instead of going into PTSD mode. Also when Ohga straight up told the 2 about his shut-in brother. Surely I cant be the only one who didnt enjoy the drama despite how justified it was? I also felt the ending is still as impactful even with the absence of the character development from those arcs. Honestly, given how they only have 4 episodes to conclude the story, the way they adapted this was nothing short of perfect.

Also another unpopular opinion, but who else would have liked it if the story ended at the part where Kaizaki smiles and offers ReLIFE to Ohga's brother? As much as I love Kaizaki and Hishiro as a couple, I think the ending would have been more beautiful and poignant if they never remembered each other but they go on to live fulfilling lives as adults thanks to everything they've learned from the experiment.

I am fine with them glossing over some arcs. Although without the arc with Ohga's brother the end isn't as impactful. I do think that the ending should have ended with him offering ReLife to Ohga's brother as well and the Kaizaki and Hishiro should of happened before that. They should have given more time to that scene as well cause the manga version is so damn good.
Mar 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Nov 2011
This deserved a second season and not a 4 episode OVA. While I enjoyed every minute of it yes it was extremely rushed.

However.

THANK THE GODS they didn't give an original ending. THANK FREAKING GOD!

I mean yeah some situations were different but in the end the remembered each other and that's what fucking matters.

For those who have questions I highly recommend reading the manga.

Or I can gladly answer any and all questions as well.

Here's the most obvious question imo:
Who is Kaizaki's subject?

Also to all the manga readers! We didn't get...
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 21, 2018 12:52 PM

Nov 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
GundamSoul said:

I second this. The last 4 chapters are amazing and wrap this series up perfectly.

Also I would read the beginning of the school festival as well. They cut out a lot of Hishiro Development in that arc.
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Mar 21, 2018 12:55 PM

Jan 2015
While this was very visibly rushed, I still liked the conclusions. But I'm going to read the manga anyway, I feel like I would love the anime even more.
Mar 21, 2018 12:59 PM

Apr 2008
I think the worst part was them talking about fireworks was what made them remember. That was really stupid. In the OVA it seemed cliche like you knew it was going to happen. In the manga it was so much more fleshed out it felt like they could start over without their memories and still be into each other. I would have liked that ending as well. Yeah. No kiss = bullshit.
Mar 21, 2018 1:00 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Rushed af, but it still worked (sort of). Nowhere near as good as the manga, but still okay enough.

6/10, and that's actually me being generous :P

But honestly, ReLIFE fans should be reading the manga. If you liked this "season", you're gonna love the manga!
GoldenDevilGamerMar 23, 2018 9:20 AM
Mar 21, 2018 1:01 PM

Feb 2018
Actually in my opinion rushing is not the problem.
Its just that why not add 5 more minutes of story after they remembered each other like some talk or a little date or some KISS.
In the last minute story was somewhat like this - total stranger => headache => remembered name => hug (then THE END)
Mar 21, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2011
GundamSoul said:
I think the worst part was them talking about fireworks was what made them remember. That was really stupid. In the OVA it seemed cliche like you knew it was going to happen. In the manga it was so much more fleshed out it felt like they could start over without their memories and still be into each other. I would have liked that ending as well. Yeah. No kiss = bullshit.

I was praying they
but alas T_T
Listen to my podcast

Follow my twitch.

Mar 21, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2015
This was... disappointing. I was expecting some rush, but it still bothered the heck out of me. ALL of Hishiro's character development for the festival arc was cut out entirely. The ending was Ok.

Well it's still better than nothing. 6/10

Mar 21, 2018 3:05 PM
Aug 2014
So the focus narrowed towards the romance between Kaizaki and Hishiro. The graduation part barely took 25% of the episode, as well as the others getting left out. At least put some emphasis and tearjerking element by including the reluctant goodbye towards his (Kaizaki) other classmates? They look like forcibly thrown to the background.

The part where Onoya found out Hishiro's final trick was luckily included, and I'm pretty thankful that at least at the final episode, the emotional content (aside from their romance, that is) isn't as half-assed as the rest.

Th piano-backed ballad version of the OP song finally got included and it shook the hell out of me. I hope this gets released. Fervently hoping (maybe I should do actual checking of the track listing of the actual BD release, maybe it's actually included there)

The end part gave deeper details on Kaizaki and Hishiro's lives after the experiment, as well as a richer depiction of the discovery of each other, so it's another plus factor.

The way they ended it is beautiful as it is.
Mar 21, 2018 4:15 PM

Jun 2013
Very very rushed.
Mar 21, 2018 5:01 PM

May 2015
Phew. Glad that they remembered each other in the end. Not sure how I would've felt otherwise. I'm such a sucker for these happy endings.

Sad that it was just four episodes, and it seems like they skipped a whole lot. Guess I gotta jump into the manga again and finish it.

Great watch regardless, though. Gonna miss it.

9/10.

Mar 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2013
Super rushed and a lot of important things were cut out. If this had 9 more episodes it would've been perfect. It hit all the points the manga was shooting for but at the same time it felt incomplete. It's a shame that we didn't get more character development like the manga presented us but circumstances probably prevented the studio to actually get there.

I can't complain too much though because we got to see Hishiro's lovely expressions animated again. She is just too precious and I love her!

7/10- a bit bias because I adored the manga and I love Kaizaki/Hishiro. Wish this was longer but at least this ova met my expectations, albeit it was very low to begin with. I had expected a rush final arc when this was first announced as 4 episodes so I can't complain. I knew it was gonna happen. Its still a real enjoyable series anyways. Gonna miss it.

TehSnawnMay 17, 2019 10:26 PM

Mar 21, 2018 5:54 PM

Sep 2013
This may have been super rushed and cut out a lot of things but it still make me feel the same and that seen with the marker make me cry like it was the first time so I can just say that this was good. Would have loved another season tho.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Mar 21, 2018 5:59 PM
Mar 2016
I'm not sure if I should be praising the adaptation or cursing it to high hell on not adapting the entire thing, there were major details that were left out. I honestly thought this OVA would only cover the parts directly after the 1st season's ending but it ended up with the ending instead. Incredibly rushed and as I said earlier, almost all the major details were left out

On the plus side though I really liked that they actually did adapt something, the manga's ending absolutely amazing and Kaizaki/Hishiro is just a great pairing. I wished they fully adapted the last 5 chapters rather than just getting the major parts down.

If you haven't already, go and read the manga, it's worth your time
Mar 21, 2018 6:12 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yes, i see that manga readers say it's rushed. Sometimes i'm very glad not to be a manga reader (i can't commit to two things with my current life) so i ended up loving it just as much as the regular series.

Wonderful scenes with the date and the conclusion episode, i was very thrilled with this.

9/10 just like the main series.
Mar 21, 2018 6:16 PM

May 2016
When I started listening and became aware that they reused the OP I lost any expectatives.

The animation dropped a quite too, and maybe I am paranoic but I don't feel the same effort for the voice actors (are they even the same?) well about the story...

This was hella bad, so rushed, if liked it then read the manga is a lot better, this was more rushed than Boku Dake ga Inai Machi, and that is too much.

I loved so much the romance between Kaizaki and Hishiro at the end so I am quite dissapointed 6/10
Mar 21, 2018 6:18 PM

Dec 2017
They remembered each other lol.
I liked it.

i like avocados on toast 
Mar 21, 2018 7:23 PM
Mar 2017
Being rushed is ok...but I felt like some important details are left out......
Mar 21, 2018 7:51 PM

Sep 2014
Yep just like everyone said this adaptation is rush but welp.
Better than nothing but I'm glad to see them remember each other in animated form.
Mar 21, 2018 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
Given only 4 episodes, these OVAs were great to end.
Mar 21, 2018 8:27 PM

Jul 2015
I would prefer the studio to butcher the school festival than giving the ending just 5 mins.

Bad call from the director.

Mar 21, 2018 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
Too bad they only have 4 episodes OVA instead of a full season. It was too rushed for me to actually feel emotional for their forced breakup. The ending is pretty standard and predictable good ending. What even is the point of making this OVAs if it would be rushed and ruin the series?
Mar 21, 2018 10:02 PM

May 2016
Whoever decided to make this 4ep dropped the ball. Cheap animation shortcuts with the silhouettes, and way too rushed. I wish someday they would remake this proper, and SHOW THE DAMN KISS!

Didn't realize the "sunset scene" in the OP was covered late in the manga, either.

Still gave it a 9, though.... :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 21, 2018 10:19 PM

Mar 2012
Smudy said:
Yes, i see that manga readers say it's rushed. Sometimes i'm very glad not to be a manga reader (i can't commit to two things with my current life) so i ended up loving it just as much as the regular series.

Wonderful scenes with the date and the conclusion episode, i was very thrilled with this.

9/10 just like the main series.

it was very rushed indeed, it wasn't that bad but some little details went missing. I would suggest you reading the last 3 chapters (220,221,222), it's not a lot to read and you'll probably notice those details
Mar 21, 2018 10:23 PM

Nov 2007

I would have flipped all the tables around me if they haven't recalled those memories. While the ending was sweet I think the story needed more minutes to actually be on par with the TV series. It felt quite rushed. And hence I cannot give this more than an 8/10 while I gave the TV series a solid 9/10.

But overall, I am quite content with the anime because one of my all time favourite couples in anime, Arata x Chizuru, happened. ❤ Also, Onoya and Yoake's characters really grew on me over these four episodes so that was another plus. Onoya in particular had a big hand in Arata and Chizuru happening as she got Chizuru into joining ReLIFE! So did Yoake because it was because of him, they both got matching straps. :)

I will miss this anime. Perhaps I will resume reading the manga because it seems like a lot of content, and some really important ones were left out. And I feel that the story would feel much more emotional if it were properly adapted.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2018 11:01 PM

Jan 2018
I loved it so much and finally have some closure. I'm still satisfied hours later and taking it all in, a really good feeling after an anime you really enjoyed.

I get why the manga readers would be disappointed. I had thought of starting to read it after I finished season 1, but now I've completely decided against it, and will never read it.

The anime is the only story I know, so from my perspective, it wasn't rushed, I don't feel like it needs anymore side-stories and I'm very, very happy with it. A spin-off would be awesome though.
Mar 21, 2018 11:52 PM

Dec 2017
knowing this is just 4 episode, i dont want to bash this too much on how rushed this are, of course this will be rushed, how do you think a 1/3 cour will justified the rest of 120+ chapter of manga, there’s no way it will and you should know it since the announcement of this, i would literally be surprised if this wasn’t rushed.

but then again i can feel the dissapointment, but you know, it’s kinda unavoidable from the start, and i already feel the dissapointment back when it’s announced it will be 4-episode special only, but i’m just glad the studio didn’t left it and actually tried to ended it, at least they gives us the anime watcher a proper end, unlike some series.

i thoroughtly liked it until the end. the last episode was emotional to the top, Hishiro cry was spot on makes me sad, i never seen her cry. i can die happy now they together in anime in the end. i’m just glad that Hishiro is saved and get a proper happy end. Hishiro is always been my favorite girl, an airhead and a blunt woman, very noice indeed.

i will miss this series, this is the only anime i rewatched twice and watched the dub just to test how good the dub is (and it’s pretty good). may 29-years-old Hishiro be happy there.
Mar 22, 2018 1:27 AM
Jul 2018
If only they adapted the rest of the manga and not just some important bits of it, this would be a very great sequel. Since I've already read the manga, I can't say I'm satisfied with this 4 episode special, but IMO this is still a good sequel for those who haven't read the manga. I will still highly recommend those people to read the manga though, to get the full ReLIFE experience.
Mar 22, 2018 1:42 AM
Mar 2018
I love this anime very much. 😍
Mar 22, 2018 3:31 AM

Jan 2018
This was so rushed that it hurts.That was the worst adaption imo because they have skipped like a lot of things and that ending man I was disappointed.
Mar 22, 2018 3:43 AM

Sep 2013
did they change the story? because if i remember correctly at the final episode of the TV series (the summer festival arc/part) Hishiro said that she's a test subject right? but in this final adaptation they just remove the fact that she said that?

too many things left out here and there because they push a lot of stuff into 4 episodes. for people who read the original source the adaptation will felt satisfied with it. but at least they end it properly even though it's not 100% faithful to the manga but it's not something fans not familiar with because there's a lot of anime adaptation that ruin the original source. people who interest in the story better try to read the manga as the manga will give you something "more".

damn it's hard to judge only the anime version as i already read the manga
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Mar 22, 2018 4:28 AM

Aug 2017
I was so much excited for this and somehow it felt really disappointing in a way.
The manga was soo much better in my opnion as everything was so rushed in this anime!! But still, it was alot of fun! We got to see the anime version ending (in a way)!

Mar 22, 2018 4:36 AM

Apr 2009
Yeah this was hella rushed, but I'm just grateful that I get to see this show animated to a conclusion at least. 6/10 for me.

I don't know how anime only fans can be satisfied with this conclusion though . For me, at least I have the manga to fill in the holes in the story and get to see how the characters developed for their ReLife, but if you're a fan of this show and haven't read the manga then that year and half wait just to see how everything ends in four short episodes should feel insufficient. For example, I really disliked how easily Kaizaki got her his necktie thing, but the biggest problem I have with this adaptation is cutting out why Hishiro is part of the ReLife program and how she came to be the person that she is. That's too important to skip. Imagine watching this for the first time and after finishing the fireworks episode and getting the reveal that Hishiro is in ReLife, your next episode is *boom* student festival, *boom* date, *boom* graduation, and then ending. Even Ohga's brother got a quick and dirty background for being the next subject.
Mar 22, 2018 4:38 AM
Feb 2017
May have been rushed

Still thought it was fantastic.

Could it have been better, maybe

Still fantastic though :))))))))))
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

63 by venbals »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

42 by venbals »»
Apr 22, 7:28 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM

» Is it really the end?

Levi1108 - Mar 25, 2023

18 by saikyozero »»
May 25, 2023 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.