Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Time Family Magazine Ends Publication

New
Mar 16, 2018 10:36 PM

Nov 2007
This year's May issue of Manga Time Family released on Saturday has ended the release of the magazine.

The series that are not finished will move to various other Manga Time series magazine such as Ruruu Minase's Ooyasan wa Shishunki!, which received TV anime adaptation by Seven Arcs Pictures for winter 2016, Mitsuki Yanagihara's Gunjin-chan to Yobanaide, Keita Takatsu's Oshikake Twintail, Ryouryou Satou's Wasanbon: Wagashiya Tenmatsuki, Yuu Takahashi's Nanase-senpai no Rekishi Switch, Ema Tooyama's Imouto no Ishigoto wa Jikyuu 2000-yen, Hayato Hoshimi's My Best Fu-rends, and more.

Manga Time Family started its publication on August 1984. The magazine, from Houbunsha, serialized various 4-koma manga such as Ooyasan wa Shishunki!

Source: Comic Natalie
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 7:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2018 10:42 PM

Jun 2015
Oh no :( so many magazines have been recently ending. i wonder why that is
Mar 16, 2018 11:04 PM

Aug 2014
ixaa said:

Physical sales have been declining.
With the digital sales announced that it's already surpassed the physical sale its matter of time till all other magz that less popular or profitable follow the end.
Mar 17, 2018 12:25 AM

Jul 2014
Xaelath said:
ixaa said:

Physical sales have been declining.
With the digital sales announced that it's already surpassed the physical sale its matter of time till all other magz that less popular or profitable follow the end.

Yeah, and it's a shame. Digital things don't have the same "magic" as physical things.
Mar 17, 2018 1:56 AM
Dec 2011
Manga Time Kirara magazines ending one after another.
Mar 17, 2018 2:23 AM

Dec 2011
ixaa said:

A second Houbunsha one in quick succession...

@AP24 - neither of these are Manga Time Kirara.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 17, 2018 3:07 AM

Sep 2014
Nothing of value was lost, nothing to see here.
Mar 17, 2018 3:14 AM

Apr 2016
It's not like it have some value to the western customers, so no need to be sad.
Mar 17, 2018 3:34 AM
Mar 2010
Swagernator said:
It's not like it have some value to the western customers, so no need to be sad.

?? How can you say that? Ema Tooyama's works, Ooyasan wa Shishuki and other magazines from Houbunsha have lots of western fans. I mean, it's OK if you don't like it, but don't lump all fans into that. Just my two cents.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 17, 2018 3:45 AM

Mar 2015
another magazine get merged... lot of magazine go digital... it's metter of time...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 17, 2018 4:02 AM

Apr 2016
phoenixalia said:
Swagernator said:

?? How can you say that? Ema Tooyama's works, Ooyasan wa Shishuki and other magazines from Houbunsha have lots of western fans. I mean, it's OK if you don't like it, but don't lump all fans into that. Just my two cents.

I said customers not fans.
Mar 17, 2018 4:16 AM

Jun 2008
休刊 = ends? From 休 I would expect a pause...
Mar 17, 2018 4:22 AM
Mar 2010
Swagernator said:
phoenixalia said:

I said customers not fans.

Ahh, my mistake. Sorry about that!

But hmm, even then, there are still some people who buy Japanese magazines (like me).
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 17, 2018 4:30 AM

Nov 2007
kuchitsu said:
休刊 = ends? From 休 I would expect a pause...
The definition from Japanese Wiki: Kyuukan is when the newspaper or magazine etc. stops editing or release. (It uses "停止" in the definition).
休刊(きゅうかん)は、出版されている新聞・雑誌などの編集・発行を停止すること
tsubasaloverMar 17, 2018 5:28 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 17, 2018 7:46 AM

Nov 2008
This has to be the second Manga Time magazine that's ended publication, look like only Kirara will remain, and it's time to go digital.

Mar 17, 2018 1:34 PM
May 2017
ご冥福お祈り致します
さようなら
Mar 17, 2018 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
Hoppy said:
This has to be the second Manga Time magazine that's ended publication, look like only Kirara will remain, and it's time to go digital.

They're going from 6 to 4. If we get a thread in a little over a week saying Manga Time Original is ending as well then that would be down to 3.
I don't see any of the others ending serialisation any time soon though - especially as Manga Time Special or the main Manga Time magazine are picking up series from Manga Time Jumbo and presumably here as well.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
Yeah kinda expected this what with physical sales declining hard lately. It's definitely time for digital to shine. It's only a matter of time before Manga Time Kirara joins the group.
Mar 17, 2018 4:10 PM
Sep 2016
Maybe studios are moving to digital might be attributive of this?

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.