Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dang, this episode was intense.

Not just the battle but also on an emotional level, Villar's personality really showed. The fight between him and Marrine reached a climax as well. That embrace though. The battle itself felt brutal although I wish they showed more of it.

Villar put up a vailant effort on his end.
Mar 16, 2018 9:21 AM

Jun 2013
Things get a bit different when the episode (almost) doesn't have Shiruka and Theo involved.

A very emotional episode with great fight scenes, it can be surprising at times to how good the fights scenes here feel and look. CGI looked great.

The end was a little sad for me and unexpected, I didn't think he will go that fast in the series. I will admit he was more skilled than I thought, his mage too.

4/5 It's a bit late to realize this but it isn't exactly "the family-friendly" anime I thought it will be.
Mar 16, 2018 10:00 AM
Nov 2017
do you think the 2 mages, short brown hair and yellow hair died for real? or 1 was spared and the other 1 did a false suicied and the last one (purple hair) help her escape
if someone has read novel, could spoil (in private) this part
Mar 16, 2018 10:04 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty good episode, glad to see the series improving. This episode was intense. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses, what's for certain is that this show seems difficult to predict and keeps you well guessing.
Mar 16, 2018 10:17 AM
Sep 2015
What a waste of handsome army in that exploded ship!
I'm wondering if Villar's death is within his plan to united Alliance and Union (think of Dumbledore). He seems to calculated everything.
My crush Lord Milza did very little this time but give some quotational speech at the end.
And next episode is recap?
Mar 16, 2018 10:20 AM

May 2015
R.I.P Villar you died bravely and like a real man.Can't wait for theo to avenge your death.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2013
phantomfandom said:
What a waste of handsome army in that exploded ship!
I'm wondering if Villar's death is within his plan to united Alliance and Union (think of Dumbledore). He seems to calculated everything.
My crush Lord Milza did very little this time but give some quotational speech at the end.
And next episode is recap?

Doubt it, I think this is more an event which drives Theo to be more ambitious and seek the throne himself... or start building towards that realization.
Mar 16, 2018 10:21 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The appearance of the Nordic fleet really sealed the fate of Villar and his men though. The scene where Villar said his goodbyes was a powerful one. The female lords men sure were loyal in deciding to allow her to get away while they remain to stall the enemy to the last though. While Marrine has moved on with her grief it seems that Alexis is still stuck in the past. Villar and Margaret's last charge was beautiful made even more so that their feelings have finally been realised. Even to the end Villar still thought of helping others though. And so Castle Unicorn finally falls but Villar and his forces sure put up a fierce fight before the fall though. His death will be felt by many on both sides i think. But man what an intense episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2018 10:25 AM

Feb 2014
Lord Villar was true to his beliefs. He never resented anyone and believed that what they're gotta do is walk on their own path. Really disheartening to see him go that valiantly.

Now I just can't wait for the revenge to begin!! I want that Axe Loli Head on a platter and Milza on his bloody slain knees!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 16, 2018 10:37 AM

Jul 2017
God I can't wait for
. At the pacing the anime is going, it should happen within the next two or three eps.
Mar 16, 2018 10:41 AM
Nov 2017
GreenEmu said:
God I can't wait for
. At the pacing the anime is going, it should happen within the next two or three eps.

Have you read novels? could you tell me if villar mages died for "real"? (i mean the one who suiced and the one with brown hair)
Mar 16, 2018 10:42 AM
Sep 2015
shawnofthedeadz said:
phantomfandom said:

Doubt it, I think this is more an event which drives Theo to be more ambitious and seek the throne himself... or start building towards that realization.

Every characters in Grancrest seem to have high ego, resulting in so many (unnecessary) death, which is such a shame because they're too great to die.
Mar 16, 2018 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode, the action was quite intense. Villar and Margaret fought bravely to the end. What a shame. Looking forward to see Theo's revenge.
BlackstarFallenMar 16, 2018 11:03 AM
Mar 16, 2018 10:46 AM
Jun 2014
Seriously I hate Marrine, I haven't hated a female char in a long time. Wost girl of the year candidate here
Mar 16, 2018 10:47 AM
Jun 2014
GreenEmu said:
God I can't wait for

Only reason to keep watching this trainwreck dude
Mar 16, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
This episode was so intense and sad, R.I.P
Now i hate Marrine even more.
And i thought this episode was going to be the comeback :( Hope we will have our revenge in the next episodes.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 16, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2010
Another awesome episode, the end of Villair and the fire mage. The scene of their death was epic.

5/5
Mar 16, 2018 11:22 AM
Aug 2017
This show keeps making me mad. I think I have been filled with shitty happy ending plots for to long I can not enjoy this show.
Someone if you know did Glasses mage die. Cause that pissed me iff this episode she showed no resistance whats so ever.
Also I know some spoilers for ending but if anyone who has read everything wanna answer some questions I have. I dont really care about spoilers if anything I am irritated I can find nothing on the books. So I really want to know some things.
Idk if you have time and feel like discussing.
Other than that I give eps 11 4/5 it was good still and villar and red mage deaths though disappointed they died were a pretty bad ass way to go.
Mar 16, 2018 11:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Im surprised Villar bought the farm so soon. Thought he was going to last longer. At least he went out like a true boss and accepting his love for his lady.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 16, 2018 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
Sucks to see a character like Villar go. His relationship with Margaret tied up nicely in the end.

I sure hope Marrine dies off.
Mar 16, 2018 12:03 PM

Jan 2013
damn Villar+Margaret fading image on blue sky salute
Mar 16, 2018 12:04 PM

Jul 2017
KgbWatchingU said:
GreenEmu said:
God I can't wait for

Have you read novels? could you tell me if villar mages died for "real"? (i mean the one who suiced and the one with brown hair)

The glasses girl?

Mar 16, 2018 12:06 PM
Nov 2017
GreenEmu said:
KgbWatchingU said:

The glasses girl?

thanks for the info, and the one who commited suicide? (blond hair, near the throne) was it fake or real?
Mar 16, 2018 12:11 PM
Aug 2017
GreenEmu said:
KgbWatchingU said:

The glasses girl?

This at least makes menot hate the episode now thank you forthatinfo it was making me crazy not knowing
Mar 16, 2018 1:13 PM
Mar 2018
i read some spoilers regarding marine and wanted to ask about it.if someone read the light novel can you please tell me
Mar 16, 2018 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
Didn’t realize how much I liked Villar until he died (and Margaret T-T). Villar said he just wanted happiness for her but I only care about Alexis at this point.

Ugh I hate Marrine. Can we get more Theo now.

Oh I’m also super sad that that lords male harem went down. I mean I thought she was just some lady in power getting hot men to spoil her but they actually loved her! They have kids! Don’t kill off the ikemen please T-T my kokoro
Mar 16, 2018 2:12 PM
Feb 2015
I'll probably get banned for this or some bullshit but fuck MAL seriously what's with this userbase. 6.64 rating on this amazing anime that's after this episode is a clear AOTS.

I love a lot of anime this season but this one just took the cherry on the cake. When I see the top reviews 3/10 another 3/10, 5/10 and another 3/10 my blood fucking boils.

First I don't get why they're so apprehensive of the pace of this show at first it might seem rushed but it's just so filled with action, drama, romance. I'm guessing the pleb don't like it when their animu isn't some garbage LoveLive or other alike and doesn't have the uguu's or other cancer.

Some idiot blames the show for turning dark and rapey... ofc it's better if it all stays pure and innocent like 95% of seasonal anime trash. Don't get me wrong a watch a lot of stuff and I enjoy a lot of it often it is garbage but enjoyable garbage. This show tho... this show is a fucking hidden gem.

On one hand we got this innocent and pure love that ACTUALLY PROGRESSES in the story between Theo and Siluca on another we got Marrine's sacrifice, how she was willing to give her own body away just to win the battle also sacrificing her chance at happiness and on yet another hand ( yes three hands, sue me) the absolutely heartbreaking scene with Villar and Margaret we got this episode.

I'm just flabbergasted at how low rated this show is when Violet Evergarden is at what 8.44 ? I enjoy it but man it never made me cry let alone feel much. It's pretty I give it that and it tries hard to be something more imo but it's just superficial...

This episode of Grancrest... jesus... the scene with Edokia and her husbands, i cried. I only regret we did not get to see more of her. The reverse harem royalty thing was very intriguing but their sacrifice at the end that they all loved her and she loved them all but they all wanted to protect her and go back to protect their children T_T

Villar and Margaret tho... that hit even harder. The scene where they first kissed knowing this is the end, preparing for the final stand, finally being allowed to be true with their feelings T_T Then the battle scene.............. I'm speechless but I'm not, I wanna scream. It was so beautiful, ephemeral. Margaret literally gave her everything to Villar her body, heart and soul. Burning herself in the process until nothing but ash remained... and then Villar trying to catch her fleeting pieces. ;_;7

I can only clap.

Bravo Grancrest Senki for breaking out of the mold of this stale anime industry. I applaud you and am eagerly looking forward to next episodes.

I could keep talking about this show for ages and next time I hear someone say Theo is a shit MC I'm gonna slap their brains out. I should write a review but maybe I'll wait till the series is completed those 3/10 4eps in morons can go burn in hell.

This show is easily the Game of Thrones of anime and Marrine is the Joffrey god how I hate her and Milza ;D
Netami00Mar 16, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 16, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2017
No matter ehat your feelings about this show is i think we can all agree that more of the adoreable twin loli wherewolf maids would be an improvement.

and for you LN readers, when is the next time Theo and Siluca will have a romantic moment?? Just out of curiousity.
Mar 16, 2018 2:36 PM

Jul 2017
Those spoiler concerning Marrine are unverified right now. Volume 10 of the LN doesn't come out until the 20th. So take what spoilers you find concerning her fate with a grain of salt right now.
Mar 16, 2018 2:38 PM
Feb 2015
We need more of everything in this show. We simply need more of this show. This would probably easily fit a 52 episode format but imagine the wait... T_T
Mar 16, 2018 2:54 PM
Nov 2017
GreenEmu said:
Those spoiler concerning Marrine are unverified right now. Volume 10 of the LN doesn't come out until the 20th. So take what spoilers you find concerning her fate with a grain of salt right now.

volume 10 will be the last?
Mar 16, 2018 3:00 PM

Aug 2015
Damnit Marrine it didn't have to be like this! I really hated how good this episode was. I hate that i know how this ends kinda. I really didn't want to see Villar die though.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Mar 16, 2018 3:02 PM
Jul 2013
rickfurious said:
Damnit Marrine it didn't have to be like this! I really hated how good this episode was. I hate that i know how this ends kinda. I really didn't want to see Villar die though.

Well you heard her at the end, she's essentially given on her own happiness and is willing to live her misery if it will bring the chaos to and end.

This episode was awesome, Villar and Margaret got the epic last stand their character’s deserve. Looking forward to seeing how all this affects Theo and what he decides to do next. I’m betting on Milza attacking Theo either first or last. I know the rating in the 6/10 area, but I think its more deserving of at least a 7/10.

On a side note:

The more I watch this show the more I wish they’d turn it into a video with a Tales series style battle system, kingdom management and some form of tactical army battles.

Just imagine playing the game as Theo up to this point. Then just when you think you’re about watch an epic cutscene after Villar and Margaret have their final kiss the game prompts you save. Then it sends you to the player menu to familiarize yourself with a level 60 Villar and Margaret’s abilities, and make adjusts as you see fit. But why, is there a secret ending where Villar and Margaret, who knows, there only one find out. You exit out the menu and the battle on the bridge commences. Low level enemies swarm as you as Villar and an AI/Co-op player Margaret cut and burn them down. Your loyal love’s HP slowly depleting as the fight goes on and endless wave of foes steadily increase in level and number. You burn through healing items and spells trying to keep them both alive, and their SP/MP full, but eventually you run out. You keep fighting, the enemies levels now a stone’s throw away from yours, hoping that maybe, just maybe if you can last a certain length you’ll trigger a secret ending where the two of them live. Then finally, Margaret’s HP hits 1 and the battle switches to a cutscene of her and Villar’s final moments.

Does this a videogame sound interesting to anyone else?
Strategist0083Mar 16, 2018 3:06 PM
Mar 16, 2018 3:05 PM
Feb 2015
Strategist0083 said:

Does this a videogame sound interesting to anyone else?

A 7/10 game doesn't sound very appealing but a 10/10 as it should be does =p
Mar 16, 2018 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
GreenEmu said:

thought a great deal of the stuff from Marrine was from volume 9 ?
Mar 16, 2018 3:06 PM

Aug 2015
GreenEmu said:

Man I hope you're right. From what people have posted I didn't really like that "ending".
Mar 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Aug 2015
GreenEmu said:
KgbWatchingU said:

The glasses girl?

Really? Why though? Doesn't make sense to me.
Mar 16, 2018 3:10 PM
Mar 2016
Geeez, how can this old mage be in love with this big boobed Edokia when she is sleeping with her man bitches and it looks Jochim her man bitch has just sacrifice himself for her. and whoa, Villar is marriane's cousin?
Mar 16, 2018 3:26 PM
Feb 2015
Whoahoho said:
Geeez, how can this old mage be in love with this big boobed Edokia when she is sleeping with her man bitches and it looks Jochim her man bitch has just sacrifice himself for her. and whoa, Villar is marriane's cousin?

It was a harem... more than harem T_T
Mar 16, 2018 3:52 PM
Mar 2018
Well done, Villar.. You died as a hero's death, your heroic death will always be remembered.. Margaret as well

And also finally.. a better, well organised attack than the one in ep9
-picking nighttime over daytime to avoid the use of mirror (check)
-well-equipped fleets to attack in range (check)
-reinforcements from the land (check)

those vikings are surely useful than dartanians lol
and does anyeone know the name of that viking girl who leads the fleet?
Mar 16, 2018 4:13 PM

Nov 2008
azraelmi6 said:
Well done, Villar.. You died as a hero's death, your heroic death will always be remembered.. Margaret as well

And also finally.. a better, well organised attack than the one in ep9
-picking nighttime over daytime to avoid the use of mirror (check)
-well-equipped fleets to attack in range (check)
-reinforcements from the land (check)

those vikings are surely useful than dartanians lol
and does anyeone know the name of that viking girl who leads the fleet?

Ururika - Daughter of Erik the Marquis of the Nord - and its adorable she sought out Villar; if she wanted to get destroyed coulda just gone out with half her fleet woulda been easier.
Mar 16, 2018 5:12 PM
Mar 2018
Holy shit i didn't notice that mad guy with longpost until now..
if that guy hate MAL badly then i'd suggest to quit this userbase
or perhaps write a thread in support SF regarding how retarded MAL userbase is because they gave a low rate to this anime, then ask the mods to alter the rate of this anime to 10/10, so that guy can at least put a smile on his face

sirwence said:

Ururika - Daughter of Erik the Marquis of the Nord - and its adorable she sought out Villar; if she wanted to get destroyed coulda just gone out with half her fleet woulda been easier.

sorry man what i mean is her actual name xD ikr her name is Ururika, just in case that one is not mistranslated or something, like Mirza which his actual name is Milzar o.O

half of her fleet seems still strong enough, even quarter of her fleet she still had the chance to win the battle, i'm not overpraising her but the individual strength and equipment of her troop defines it, they are all suited for open war
Mar 16, 2018 5:17 PM
Jun 2017
That Battle was so one sided, as Lord Marrine's group was able to outnumbered and outclassed the Lord Villar's army causing their defeat!!! Its just to show what power /strength does the army of Marrine has...
Mar 16, 2018 5:29 PM
Jan 2018
Tbh I kinda really like this series, its getting good, its showing what war is really like and it doesnt show happy endings, personally I want to see Marinne and Milza suffer, that bastard Milza deserves to die, yeah this was a good episode, Villar died valiantly and so did that redhead, im glad this anime is different to others, its taking a different turn than most war anime, yeah its depressing but thats good, its building plot so we can see Theo rise up and whoop Milza and Marinnes ass, cant wait for that satisfaction when Theo gets revenge for Villar.

Overall good ep 4/5 , great animation

That man harem tho lol
Mar 16, 2018 6:02 PM

Jul 2010
I was overjoyed when Villar and Margaret finally, finally kissed. In earlier scenes that included both of them you could feel the tension in the air so well.

But what a contrast that made with the ending (although it was a brilliant one). I didn't want Margaret to die and I really hated it when Villar died, too. I liked him as a character, I guess I'm gonna be missing him in the first few upcoming episodes.

I hate Milza.

A bit off-topic maybe, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the low ratings and certain reviews were annoying.
Mar 16, 2018 6:11 PM

Oct 2014
Goodbye Villar.
You're the only good character from this piece of s*** of an adaptation, but if you hadn't die, our plot-armored Theo-kun would never be able to attain power in his own name without betraying his lord.
Mar 16, 2018 7:01 PM

Oct 2012
I thought I was getting into another Granblue Fantasy type of show but this is much better. It reminds me a bit of Shoukoku no Altair.

That was a pretty epic finale for Villar and Margaret. Looking forward to seeing how the current situation resonates across the kingdoms.
Mar 16, 2018 7:45 PM
May 2015
Villar and Margaret were awesome...Milza is a badass(like him and hate him at the same time) Marrine is just crap throughout.. Need more Theo Silluca Aishele and her boy toy Peter interactions
Mar 16, 2018 7:58 PM

Feb 2015
Man this show is all kinds of stupid. It just keeps on leveling up. It's like no one in this anime actually thinks before acting.
Mar 16, 2018 8:29 PM

Nov 2008
azraelmi6 said:
Holy shit i didn't notice that mad guy with longpost until now..
if that guy hate MAL badly then i'd suggest to quit this userbase
or perhaps write a thread in support SF regarding how retarded MAL userbase is because they gave a low rate to this anime, then ask the mods to alter the rate of this anime to 10/10, so that guy can at least put a smile on his face

sirwence said:

sorry man what i mean is her actual name xD ikr her name is Ururika, just in case that one is not mistranslated or something, like Mirza which his actual name is Milzar o.O

half of her fleet seems still strong enough, even quarter of her fleet she still had the chance to win the battle, i'm not overpraising her but the individual strength and equipment of her troop defines it, they are all suited for open war

I think that is her 'real name' @_o but my reference was to her arrogance thinking she could take on Villar. which was the best joke of the episode in one full of some dark humor (imho) .

LeSponge said:
That Battle was so one sided, as Lord Marrine's group was able to outnumbered and outclassed the Lord Villar's army causing their defeat!!! Its just to show what power /strength does the army of Marrine has...
Not all have sworn loyalty to her though. Strength at one time is weakness at another. She also unlike say Villar or even Alexis.. isn't really that beloved by more than her own direct subordinates and ladys in waiting - ie shes going to be betrayed; and it shouldn't be hard to guess whom lol
sirwenceMar 16, 2018 8:33 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2018

69 by phantom346 »»
Jan 16, 3:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.