Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2018 7:18 AM
Feb 2017
Love the action, graphics and plot. Fan service cheapens the whole thing. Does the show get better?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2018 7:23 AM

Jan 2018
I thought the show looked really interesting and i was excited, but the fanservice is one of the worst i've ever seen, it's just tacky.

Sadly i can't speak for if the show gets better since i dropped it after seeing how they ride the mechs
Mar 14, 2018 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
For me it's rather the opposite,Darling is one of the shows,where fanservice and character interaction is making the plot.

If you want action then you better drop it,cause watching for that aspect only doesn't seem worth it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2018 7:25 AM
Jan 2015
Its a Trigger show...you should have expected it
My Queens

Mar 14, 2018 7:26 AM
Feb 2017
Maki_3 said:
I thought the show looked really interesting and i was excited, but the fanservice is one of the worst i've ever seen, it's just tacky.

Sadly i can't speak for if the show gets better since i dropped it after seeing how they ride the mechs

Ikr! I thought the same about the riding!
Mar 14, 2018 7:26 AM
Feb 2017
-Mahesvara said:

What's a trigger show? Idk what that is
Mar 14, 2018 7:28 AM

Jun 2014
Yeah, it's made by a company called "Trigger," and Trigger/Gainax have never made anything that I would want to watch.

Jul 2018
"graphics"

I've yet to see it but i doubt i will, looks like an average sunrise mecha
Feb 2017
FMmatron said:
For me it's rather the opposite,Darling is one of the shows,where fanservice and character interaction is making the plot.

If you want action then you better drop it,cause watching for that aspect only doesn't seem worth it.

It was going to be my intro to mecha anime (please don't suggest another :/)
Mar 14, 2018 7:29 AM
Feb 2017
Maelstrom said:
"graphics"

I should say art rather than graphics.
Mar 14, 2018 7:30 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
I'll say that's exactly what turned me off as well. I can only hope it all means something but it also has A-1 attached to this so I'm not entirely sure.

-Mahesvara said:

As easy as it is to say it's Trigger and that's all there is too it. I didn't feel down right gross or irritated watching Kill la Kill or in tandem Gurren Laagan.
Mar 14, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2016
Aesthete18 said:
FMmatron said:

I think majority(including myself) would rather recommend you Tengen Toppa or Code Geass.Tho,both have fanservice too,but not that theme relevant.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2018 7:34 AM

Jun 2015
Maelstrom said:
"graphics"

Nah, Sunrise mecha is tons of bs they can't explain.
This one is tons of bs they deliberately do.

OT. On the contrary, it would be less entertaining without the fanservice.
Mar 14, 2018 7:34 AM

Mar 2015
Even without the fanservice it would still be shit :^)
Mar 14, 2018 7:35 AM

Apr 2017
Just accept it and enjoy the show or don't watch it
Mar 14, 2018 7:36 AM
Feb 2017
FMmatron said:
Aesthete18 said:

I think majority(including myself) would rather recommend you Tengen Toppa or Code Geass.Tho,both have fanservice too,but not that theme relevant.

I absolutely hate the art of Glass and topped has too many eps for my liking.
Mar 14, 2018 7:36 AM

Dec 2015
The show is just a big metaphor for sex, what were you expecting ?
Mar 14, 2018 7:37 AM

Oct 2015
Aesthete18 said:
-Mahesvara said:

Easy, it's Trigger. Trigger loves to add this kind of fanservice to their shows. Kill la Kill and Gurenn Lagann has boobs jiggling with dank ass animation.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 14, 2018 7:38 AM
Feb 2017
FuroppiBaz said:

How exactly was I supposed to know that?
Mar 14, 2018 7:39 AM

Jan 2016
If you don't like fanservice, don't watch it. It's that simple. If a show begins with fanservice, the fanservice is gonna continue.

But also, the amount of fanservice in this show isn't even excessive. I wouldn't call it an ecchi show. If this amount of fanservice puts you off, avoid any ecchi show at all costs, I guess. :p
Mar 14, 2018 7:39 AM

Nov 2016
Aesthete18 said:
FMmatron said:

I absolutely hate the art of Glass and topped has too many eps for my liking.

Only 27 episodes,doe :P You've completed Death Note too and it has a whopping 10 episodes more.

Mar 14, 2018 7:42 AM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
FMmatron said:

Exactly. I won't deny that the idea of "fanservice" (read: sexual implications) is there, but it's far from cheap, imo. It's a metaphorical interaction between the characters without it being horribly, horribly in-your-face. It also brings a new angle to the coming-of-age tale that mecha tend to have.

Mar 14, 2018 7:44 AM

Jul 2016
Aesthete18 said:
Love the action, graphics and plot. Fan service cheapens the whole thing. Does the show get better?

I increased my score to 8 from 6 because of the fan service. Without it, it's just an Evangelion clone. Others have started to notice the Evangelion similarities finally after the latest episode. I have since the beginning.
Mar 14, 2018 7:46 AM

Dec 2015
Aesthete18 said:
FuroppiBaz said:

How exactly was I supposed to know that?

By the way they pilot the mecha. I just meant that the show is tought to be a big sexual reference, and the action is just to fill some gaps, so if you don't like it I think you should drop it
Mar 14, 2018 7:46 AM

Jul 2015
Fan Service is the least of the problems.

The real problem is what this anime is trying to be.

1- A-1 Teen Drama that just happens to have a mecha nearby.
OR
2- There is some other plot about the world and the characters.

With Kill la Kill, Gurren Laggan and even Evangellion you could grasp the main plot in a few episodes. We are reaching Ep10 and no significant world building happened.

We might reach a conclusion that not even the animation team knew what they wanted to be when we finish Ep 24. Maybe they just wanted to draw some mechas to remember their old days at Gainax.

Mar 14, 2018 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
I dropped the show after ep 3. The show was bad from the start imo.
Mar 14, 2018 7:58 AM

Oct 2014
Yh it is a show about sex and all.

But it does get a bit to ridiculous with the riding and shit.
Mar 14, 2018 8:01 AM

Oct 2014
AdrianRubinsky said:
Fan Service is the least of the problems.

The real problem is what this anime is trying to be.

1- A-1 Teen Drama that just happens to have a mecha nearby.
OR
2- There is some other plot about the world and the characters.

With Kill la Kill, Gurren Laggan and even Evangellion you could grasp the main plot in a few episodes. We are reaching Ep10 and no significant world building happened.

We might reach a conclusion that not even the animation team knew what they wanted to be when we finish Ep 24. Maybe they just wanted to draw some mechas to remember their old days at Gainax.

Even the 3 episode rule got broken in Darling...

All what it showed was potential interesting stuff but not the ACTUAL interesting stuff....
Mar 14, 2018 8:01 AM

Oct 2010
IpreferEcchi said:
Aesthete18 said:

I increased my score to 8 from 6 because of the fan service. Without it, it's just an Evangelion clone. Others have started to notice the Evangelion similarities finally after the latest episode. I have since the beginning.

Implying that Evangelion had no fanservice.
Mar 14, 2018 8:03 AM

Oct 2014
IpreferEcchi said:
Aesthete18 said:

Omg I am not the only one!

I already saw it when I saw our main Whiner....
Mar 14, 2018 8:03 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
-Lofn- said:
Aesthete18 said:

Easy, it's Trigger. Trigger loves to add this kind of fanservice to their shows. Kill la Kill and Gurenn Lagann has boobs jiggling with dank ass animation.

Not every trigger show has fanservice.
Like little witch academia and uchuu patrol luluco exist.
Mar 14, 2018 8:04 AM

Sep 2014
The fanservice plays a pretty important role, at least in the first few episodes, it doesn't really cheapen anything. And it's not even really heavy, is it really bothersome to anyone?

The series, imo, gets bit more interesting, but it shifts little more towards relationships and stuff instead of piloting the mechas.

also the whole comparison to evangelion is hugely exaggerated
Mar 14, 2018 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
Cool story bro. I didn't know I clicked on your blog by accident. How do I get out of here and back to the MAL forums?
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 14, 2018 8:08 AM

Feb 2016
Admit it, even without the degenerate fanservice, it is still a fucking dogshit anime with nothing new to present.
Mar 14, 2018 8:08 AM

Dec 2015
DepravedMagi said:
-Lofn- said:

The fan service in KLK and TTGL is not because it's Trigger, it's because it's directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi. You can see that style in other shows he directed like Panty & Stocking, Dead Leaves and RE: Cutie Honey.

Imaishi knows how to do fanservice well. The fanservice in Franxx is garbage because it's not directed by Imaishi.
Mar 14, 2018 8:09 AM

Oct 2015
DepravedMagi said:
-Lofn- said:

Never said they didn't, but it's a consensus that people carry when they hear Trigger.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 14, 2018 8:09 AM
Nov 2016
The lack of fighting and the poorly written drama is what is ruining it for me.

Mar 14, 2018 8:12 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
The show is okay so far, but still inferior to evangelion (I can see a few similarities)

Oct 2013
Fan service cheapens nothing

Your problem probably lies along the lines you can't take it seriously

But this is by the artist of To Love Ru so like. What did you expect dude

Oct 2010
Eh, I wouldn't say that the fanservice played "a big role" in the early episodes. It doesn't in the latter ones either. It's an added element to spice things up, that only superficially adheres to the themes of the show (because it's all a huge metaphor for sex, the series has to portray unnatural shots of butts and breasts... yeah, no, it doesn't work like that). Just like... every fanservice shot in a show that is not about fanservice primarily. However it is not THAT big and it does not overshadow the rest of the elements so you can enjoy the series even if you dislike the occasional (and not that explicit) ecchi in it.
Mar 14, 2018 8:13 AM

Jan 2013
The recent episodic episodes and the lack of a clear plot structure is what is ruining this anime for me. I just wish they'd focus on the things that matter already, I don't want to see no more of these teens going through their puberty.
Mar 14, 2018 9:10 AM
Aug 2016
I didn't know AD was your personal blog :/

Fanservice? I find its autistic sex references, piloting mechas with one's ass, the completely artificial attempts at being more profound and the cast of characters, which is like the Sun - it hurts to look at it, to be the problem here, but ok.
Mar 14, 2018 10:39 AM

Mar 2015
So drop it and move on with your life if you don't want fanservice. There's plenty of other anime out there. No one is forcing you to watch this one. How about going for a more standard mecha anime? Gundam is a thing.

Can we stop it with all the blog post threads?!
Mar 14, 2018 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
Bobby2Hands said:
DepravedMagi said:

The fan service in KLK and TTGL is not because it's Trigger, it's because it's directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi. You can see that style in other shows he directed like Panty & Stocking, Dead Leaves and RE: Cutie Honey.

Imaishi knows how to do fanservice well. The fanservice in Franxx is garbage because it's not directed by Imaishi.

Gurren Lagann isn't even Trigger. It's Gainax. Still Gainax does have fanservice too. Not as much as Kill la Kill.
Mar 14, 2018 3:10 PM

Aug 2016
It is actually enhancing the series for me, although only a smidge. I crack a smile everytime they put on their serious faces and get on that ridiculous position just for the mecha to be functional. That and those controls sticking out of the sides of the ass.
Mar 14, 2018 3:16 PM

Dec 2016
It's actually mostly an A1 show tbh.
Mar 14, 2018 3:18 PM

Dec 2015
Pixel_Vapour said:
Bobby2Hands said:

Gurren Lagann isn't even Trigger. It's Gainax. Still Gainax does have fanservice too. Not as much as Kill la Kill.

Yeah, my bad.
But my point still stands. The fanservice doesn't come from Trigger it comes from Imaishi.
Mar 14, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2014
Aquamirror said:
Admit it, even without the degenerate fanservice, it is still a fucking dogshit anime with nothing new to present.

>degenerate
lmao, really?
do you even know what the word means?

it might not bring much new to the table (what does nowadays?), but it's still unique among shows of recent years, has amazing production values and the female lead is lovable
no wonder it's so popular

Mar 14, 2018 3:22 PM
Jul 2015
The painful fan service is the least relevant in terms of discomfort, the mediocre plot and the characters copied and not innovative is enough audiovisual shit.
Mar 14, 2018 4:09 PM

Nov 2013
Everyone has noticed the superficial similarities to Evangelion since episode one. Nothing to be proud of.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

638 by SibunaC »»
Mar 4, 2:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.