Forums
New
Mar 13, 2018 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
-----------------------------------------------------
removed-userNov 20, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 13, 2018 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
Young-looking characters, small girls, but not necessarily that young characters are lolis.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 13, 2018 10:41 AM

Feb 2016
In my opinion, girls who look and act like stereotypical little girls are lolis. A young girl isn't necessarily a loli. Seriously I will punch anyone who calls Azula a loli.
Mar 13, 2018 10:43 AM

Feb 2010
You won't find a consensus answer for that. The basic definition I know is that a loli is a prepubescent anime girls in a mostly sexualized context. (example: Ryuu no Oshigoto = lolis, Non Non Biyori = just kids)

But you can also use it to refer to:

1. Any kind of female child characters, sexualized or not. I don't like that too much because it uses the same term to refer to unrealistic doujin lolis with high sexual awareness to refer that is uses to refer to normal, innocent child characters like the cast of Mitsuboshi colors. But it is probably the most common way of using the term, because it's easy to remember and I use it that way myself frequently. I'm just not too happy with it.

2. A body type of just petite or childlike looking characters, nothing to do with age. Imo that kinda defeats the point of the term, which is supposed to be about age/demeanor more than just petite girls (there already is a term for them, it is petite). But also pretty commonly used to that. That's why people call shinobu a loli even tho I don't see her as one.

3. An artstyle that makes female characters look younger than they are (you can draw the same characters looking more mature or more childish than their age). Not that often that it's used like that, but if you browse a lot of doujins you'll know what I mean. The same characters can get doujins by different artists who either make them look more mature and adult, or more like a loli.

4. Where people draw the border age-wise can vary a lot. Some people will call the 13-15yo girls in shows like eromanga, oreimo, k-on, love live etc... lolis even tho they're not prepubescent anymore but in the middle of puberty and more like teens. For others it's really only limited to gradeschoolers, before they hit puberty.

AlcoholicideMar 13, 2018 10:54 AM
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 13, 2018 10:45 AM

Apr 2012
It's not precisely defined. I'd call it a character who is, or at least reminds the viewer of a pre-pubescent girl, and whose presentation has a degree of sexualisation or romanticisation, (which can be minor). For instance, I would call Hazuki from Tsukuyomi a loli, but not Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh.

"Loli" is derived from "lolicon", so I think there has to be an element of what mainstream society frowns on there.
Mar 13, 2018 10:49 AM
Aug 2017
A loli is basically a little girl!
KAWAII
Mar 13, 2018 10:52 AM

Feb 2010
logopolis said:
"Loli" is derived from "lolicon", so I think there has to be an element of what mainstream society frowns on there.

I really think it's the other way round. First was the term lolita, then the term lolita complex. It doesn't make any sense the other way round, you can't talk about attraction to something without having a term for that something beforehand.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 13, 2018 10:53 AM

Mar 2017
yea, you probably had enough internet for today
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 13, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2015
This should answer just about everything...

Mar 13, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2012
Pullman said:
I really think it's the other way round. First was the term lolita, then the term lolita complex.

"Lolita" came first, but that's a different word to either of them, it's the name of a book. "Loli" is surely far more generalised a term than anything containing the full "Lolita", as contractions often are.
Mar 13, 2018 10:59 AM

Dec 2017
Though years of research it can be defined as
A character that is petite in size and generally has a soft voice.
^
gonna use that picture as a reference to sub types of the term.(though the middle one isn't a loli.)
Can be young or old. (12-5000 yrs old)
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to γƒ†γ‚Ήγƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Mar 13, 2018 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
You give a lolipop to a small young underage girl, and that she likes it. You are able to bait her into doing what you want in a sexual way. Hence the meaning of lolicon. Loli refers to the lolipop girl that you met earlier. Therefore, loli generally refers to a sexualized small young girl that would generally like lolipop or sweet stuff.

You could watch shoujo ramune for research purposes or reread Pullman's post.
Mar 13, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Loli, an abbreviation of Lolita.

Lolita - (According to google) "A sexually precocious young girl".

However in anime, they usually cut corners by claiming said loli characters to be older than they actually are, i guess it make the lolicons feel less like paedophiles.

Mar 13, 2018 11:06 AM

Apr 2015
A petite, chubby anime girl. Basically that.
Mar 13, 2018 11:48 AM
Aug 2016
I swear Mr Policeman, she's 1000 years old!
Mar 13, 2018 12:07 PM

Jun 2016
There's a really good video on it, I definitely recommend. It goes in depth on the history of lolicon and what it really means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lETPaGnl2aI&t=872s

Mar 13, 2018 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
I think I understand it now. Thanks for all your replies :)

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 4 minutes ago

0 by LenRea »»
4 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

60 by Ricchan__ »»
9 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 1 hour ago

10 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
17 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

84 by BilboBaggins365 »»
35 minutes ago

» Do you watch anything else besides anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 21

81 by BilboBaggins365 »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.