Forum Settings
Forums

What is the worst anime of the season for you?

New
Mar 13, 2018 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
Personally I have just started black clover and my god what is bad. I'm only in the 16th episode but I think I'll stop at the next ... SAO next to that is a masterpiece ... So the protagonist is a kid who only scream and say I'll become the king of [insert the name of the most honorific rank] (oddly it reminds me naruto). Then his childhood friend is a cold and overpowering character (sasuke you're here?). The girl who follows the protagonist is a tsundere who can not do anything but criticize all the time (Sakura is it you?). I don't even talk about other clichés so it sucks.It's an economical copy of Naruto, not to mention the 5 minutes of introduction to each episode to which is added 5 minutes of ending and the cuts between two scenes.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 13, 2018 8:16 AM

Sep 2014
I have dropped a few and Citrus was the worse one of these, hateable rapey 'love interest' and silly drama from the very beginning

of the ones I still follow, Overlord II is horribly boring compared to the first season, which already wasn't good
Mar 13, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2014
-Rakuen- said:
Personally I have just started black clover and my god what is bad. I'm only in the 16th episode but I think I'll stop at the next ...
You probably need to learn to drop earlier. Does it really take you 16 episodes to tell if an anime is good? You could've spend the time watching a 1 cour if you dropped it earlier.

Imaishi said:
I have dropped a few and Citrus was the worse one of these, hateable rapey 'love interest' and silly drama from the very beginning
I mean... I'm no lesbian, but I'm pretty sure that's not how humans work.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Mar 13, 2018 8:23 AM

Feb 2016
The only animes I've been watching this season is Darling in the FranXX and Citrus. Both are bad but Citrus is better.
Mar 13, 2018 8:26 AM

Nov 2017
I didn't like Citrus that much and the rape just kept on happening and I didn't feel any connection with the characters so I thought that it was a bit overrated
Mar 13, 2018 8:37 AM

Aug 2013
2 of them comes to mind:
Märchen Mädchen - terrible pacing, though it is mainly poor management
Kokkoku - Bunch of plot conveniences, forced plot progression, and asspulls
Mar 13, 2018 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Pop Team Epic and SAO v.2 aka Death March.
Mar 13, 2018 8:42 AM

May 2017
Black clover definitely takes the cake.

As for citrus and darling in the franxx I haven't started on either but everyone is talking and spoiling them, so I guess I'll have to see what they're like
"We say Yousoro!"
Mar 13, 2018 8:45 AM

Aug 2017
Darling in the franXX The first cour is almost finished but nothing interesting has happened but it's a two cour so I am hoping that it will redeem itself in the next cour. But for now it is utterly boring for me.
Mar 13, 2018 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
Beatless. In spite of some good parts, too generic by far.
Mar 13, 2018 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku
Mar 13, 2018 8:51 AM

Sep 2015
Death March. I only watch it because it passes the time. Kinda boring but I like generic so it's not exactly 1/10 material.

Mar 2016
alias08 said:
Darling in the franXX The first cour is almost finished but nothing interesting has happened [...]

This is fairly typical of a Trigger show. They can end up being pretty good.

Oct 2015
From the ones I've watched so far, I'd say Citrus and Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens

Citrus reminds me of those cheap cellphone novels that are so cheesy and even lame circumstances. If you're looking for a good yuri anime don't watch this

Tonkotsu Ramens feels like its trying too hard to become 'cool' and fails at it completely tbh. Honestly pretty meh...

Beatless is just shit, staying for redjuice

Wouldn't really say Black Clover is as bad as people say it is. I personally think it's a lot better than Sousei no Onmyouji at the very least
Dec 2013
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. Boring and repetitive. Takagi is like the BOTS (Bitch of the Season).
Mar 13, 2018 8:52 AM

Dec 2017
Death March features a MC struggling to find an identity.

Takagi-San is becoming more and more stale with the jokes and MC being a punching bag for the laughs.
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Mar 13, 2018 8:54 AM

Feb 2010
Black Clover isn't even from this season. You were really eager to just shit on it, huh?

The objective answer has to be Citrus tho. Nothing redeemable about it, just glorified rape fantasies fit for a low budget hentai more than an actual, serious TV series.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 13, 2018 8:56 AM

Aug 2016
Haven't watched all I wanted to watch. So far it's

After the Rain

(don't plan on watching Citrus)
Mar 13, 2018 8:56 AM

Dec 2015
Pullman said:
Black Clover isn't even from this season. You were really eager to just shit on it, huh?

The objective answer has to be Citrus tho. Nothing redeemable about it, just glorified rape fantasies fit for a low budget hentai more than an actual, serious TV series.

I realized too late I will have to say the year x)
Mar 13, 2018 8:58 AM

Feb 2010
wildhood said:
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. Boring and repetitive. Takagi is like the BOTS (Bitch of the Season).

I mean I agree the show is boring and repetitive but Takagi is alright. It's the male MC that ruins the show. His thought process always follows the same predictable pattern and he ends up digging his own grave when Takagi, most of the time, just wants to engage in a conversation or have him be honest about one thing in his life. 95% of the 'teasing' MC does to himself in his own head and Takagi just stands there and tries to make the best of it. I mean I started out like you, finding her a bitch, but after watching more episodes it really is the other way around and he's the bitch while she's just trying to get a genuine response out of him for once. She definitely likes him, but he hates himself so much that he can't see anything aside from his own insecurities and it's really frustrating to watch. Also zero development, and almost zero variation in terms of how the 'comedy' is generated so yeah, the show as a whole is definitely pretty boring.
AlcoholicideMar 13, 2018 9:23 AM
Mar 13, 2018 8:59 AM

Oct 2015
Eh, I guess...Pop Team Epic

And I still stand that Citrus is anime of the season, no matter what opinion there is. This is the drama I live for I got a hard on no less

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Mar 13, 2018 8:59 AM

Mar 2017
wildhood said:

(ノ°Д°)ノ︵ ┻━┻

You take that back. She's charming as hell. Sarah Wiedenheft is bringing her to life beautifully. Best Girl of the Season.
EankiMar 13, 2018 9:03 AM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 13, 2018 9:03 AM

Jul 2015
Darling in the franxx

NIPPON STOP THAT CHILDHOOD FRIEND BRUTALITY
Mar 13, 2018 9:03 AM

Dec 2015
#1 Pop Team Epic
#2 Citrus

Though if we count Black Clover...

#1 Black Clover
#2 Pop Team Epic
#3 Citrus
18-07-19

31-08-20
Mar 13, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:
Darling in the franxx

NIPPON STOP THAT CHILDHOOD FRIEND BRUTALITY

I must agree here.

Definitely Franxx, but Citrus is very, very close.
Mar 13, 2018 9:10 AM

Dec 2015
Seen your post Citrus must be a torture for the mind ....
Mar 13, 2018 9:11 AM

Mar 2017
Darling in the FRANXX and Violet Evergarden because
theshooter21 said:
everyone is talking and spoiling them
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Mar 13, 2018 9:16 AM

Oct 2010
Nobody mentioning Ito Junji: Collection is shocking enough for the anime that invented the glorious 1 fps animation.
Mar 13, 2018 9:21 AM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Nobody mentioning Ito Junji: Collection is shocking enough for the anime that invented the glorious 1 fps animation.

I just find glorification of rape to be a bigger obstacle for my enjoyment than low framerates, but I don't know about you :>

Also I don't really feel the Ito Junji anime needs to have very fluid animation. Some episodes have been genuinely creepy/unsettling to watch and others have just been silly or boring and the framerate had zero impact on which episode had which effect on me. I definitely think the show could be better, but it's far from being the worst too. Just a lot of variance between the quality of each episode/segment.
Mar 13, 2018 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
For Now Ito Junji and Toji no miko both are boring in some episodes and decent in others
Mar 13, 2018 9:33 AM

Oct 2010
Pullman said:
jal90 said:

I just find glorification of rape to be a bigger obstacle for my enjoyment than low framerates, but I don't know about you :>

Also I don't really feel the Ito Junji anime needs to have very fluid animation. Some episodes have been genuinely creepy/unsettling to watch and others have just been silly or boring and the framerate had zero impact on which episode had which effect on me. I definitely think the show could be better, but it's far from being the worst too. Just a lot of variance between the quality of each episode/segment.

Thematically it's obviously not the worst but I find the execution ranging from merely decent to abysmal and at its worst it's incredibly and hilariously incompetent. From derpy off-models all over to blatantly reused animation, to epic 1 fps movements to an absolute lack of shock effect or effective atmosphere due to how flat the direction looks. And to say that the framerate doesn't affect anything, well... well xD. It did to me because it was hilarious and distracting.

Then again you may have a point because the moment I heard about the glorified rape stuff I didn't dare touch Citrus.
Mar 13, 2018 9:44 AM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Pullman said:

Thematically it's obviously not the worst but I find the execution ranging from merely decent to abysmal and at its worst it's incredibly and hilariously incompetent. From derpy off-models all over to blatantly reused animation, to epic 1 fps movements to an absolute lack of shock effect or effective atmosphere due to how flat the direction looks. And to say that the framerate doesn't affect anything, well... well xD. It did to me because it was hilarious and distracting.

Then again you may have a point because the moment I heard about the glorified rape stuff I didn't dare touch Citrus.

Idk, it's probably because I'm new to Ito Junji but I just like seeing the crazy ideas and unique concepts in that anime. That's like 70% of my enjoyment of the show so if I had already read the stories in manga format I'd probably be a lot more critical. Some parts are definitely hilarious but I kinda thought that was the point of at least some of them? Comedic relief of sorts?
But there is also stuff I quite enjoyed, especially in the last 2 episodes. The tomie episode was all around nice, and the most recent one had a pretty good first half imo. I could feel the grease in the air and wasn't that disgusted and grossed out by anime ever before, I don't think. Didn't really pay much mind to the animation tbh, all I can say the segment was effective in what it tried to do, which is grossing me out and having this really uncomfortable atmosphere.
Mar 13, 2018 9:47 AM

Aug 2011
Daisuki Ramen Koizumi-san Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san for me. None of the others shows I'm watching have bored me on the scale that Koizumi did.
NabrisMar 13, 2018 9:58 AM

Mar 13, 2018 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
wildhood said:
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san. Boring and repetitive.

Yep,that's a major issue for me too.

But my least favorite anime is still Fate Extra. Death March from the dropped ones.

dropped season one,but also Overlord 2

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 13, 2018 9:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
there is no "worst anime" of the season for me, however, im not gonna lie, sometimes i wanna drop Pop Team Epic because the cringe is just too much xD

but what keeps me watching is the lack of fucks the anime gives

Nabris said:
Daisuki Ramen Koizumi-san

HERESY!!!.. that is NOT the name...

its

RA-RA-RA-RAMEN DAISUKI..

KOIZUMI SAN!!!
Mar 13, 2018 9:57 AM

Aug 2011
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

its

RA-RA-RA-RAMEN DAISUKI..

KOIZUMI SAN!!!

FORGIVE. Now that it's playing in my head I shall correct myself.

Mar 13, 2018 9:59 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Nabris said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

its

RA-RA-RA-RAMEN DAISUKI..

KOIZUMI SAN!!!

FORGIVE. Now that it's playing in my head I shall correct myself.

Thanks for fucking the name up, now i realize i need to make that jingle my text message notification LMAO
Mar 13, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2010
Pullman said:
jal90 said:

Idk, it's probably because I'm new to Ito Junji but I just like seeing the crazy ideas and unique concepts in that anime. That's like 70% of my enjoyment of the show so if I had already read the stories in manga format I'd probably be a lot more critical. Some parts are definitely hilarious but I kinda thought that was the point of at least some of them? Comedic relief of sorts?
But there is also stuff I quite enjoyed, especially in the last 2 episodes. The tomie episode was all around nice, and the most recent one had a pretty good first half imo. I could feel the grease in the air and wasn't that disgusted and grossed out by anime ever before, I don't think. Didn't really pay much mind to the animation tbh, all I can say the segment was effective in what it tried to do, which is grossing me out and having this really uncomfortable atmosphere.

Well, the only comedic relief segments I recall are the ones about Souichi. The first one was fine, the second one was quite unfunny (I think there were two). The rest are trying to be serious and the infamous 1 fps part was the circus segment, which felt absolutely appalling (and funny in its way) to watch.

It's true that there have been decent segments. Tomie was reasonably good. I don't place that much merit on the grease segment because the odd-looking CGI, absolute lack of naturality in movements and etc. were distracting, but it was effective and it had a heavy atmosphere that other segments could have benefitted from. There have been other fine segments, the point is that they don't manage to go beyond a general standard of mediocrity, and when they are bad, they get really, really bad. Last episode for instance had, right after the grease segment, the absolute blandfest of the bridge segment, so I couldn't really leave the episode with a strong impression.
Mar 13, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2017
Darling in the Franxx - IDK what to say, It felt straight up BAD.
Mar 13, 2018 10:06 AM

May 2015
Citrus

for me personally tho, so chill out fams~

Mar 13, 2018 10:10 AM

Feb 2010
jal90 said:
Pullman said:

Well, the only comedic relief segments I recall are the ones about Souichi. The first one was fine, the second one was quite unfunny (I think there were two). The rest are trying to be serious and the infamous 1 fps part was the circus segment, which felt absolutely appalling (and funny in its way) to watch.

It's true that there have been decent segments. Tomie was reasonably good. I don't place that much merit on the grease segment because the odd-looking CGI, absolute lack of naturality in movements and etc. were distracting, but it was effective and it had a heavy atmosphere that other segments could have benefitted from. There have been other fine segments, the point is that they don't manage to go beyond a general standard of mediocrity, and when they are bad, they get really, really bad. Last episode for instance had, right after the grease segment, the absolute blandfest of the bridge segment, so I couldn't really leave the episode with a strong impression.

Well, you're probably right. I'm just not a very critical person a lot of the time, and as long as I find a bunch of stuff I can enjoy I can easily overlook (or not even notice) the sub-par parts of the same show, especially if it's segmented like Ito Junji and the badness of one part doesn't impact how I feel about other parts at all.

Even moreso when I'm distracted by the novelty of the concepts, ideas and situations so I don't end up paying a lot of attention to the animation quality and stuff and credit a lot of accomplishments of the source to the adaption because I only experience it that way. Yeah, the circus segment was badly executed, but I found it interesting and that's good enough for me to have enjoyed it to a degree. The bridge segment was just boring to me, which in a way makes it worse than the circus segment, or at least less enjoyable.

Also I think I've laughed at a couple of other segments aside from the souichi ones but I'm not sure. Also weren't there 3 already? Idk anymore.

The point is I can see where the criticism comes from, it just doesn't affect my personal enjoyment of the show all that much. The content being interesting and unpredictable and weirdly unique alone already makes me get more out of the show than I did for a lot of others this season. Interesting-ness is in some ways more important to me than quality.
Mar 13, 2018 10:12 AM

Aug 2017
all of them this season was really bad
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2016
I didn't plan to watch most of the ones mentioned here because I knew I'd probably drop them.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Mar 13, 2018 10:19 AM

Oct 2017
Pop Team Epic.
No contest, absolutely trash. (Coming from someone who generally enjoy comedy)
Dropped it at ep 2 and gave it a 1.
Honestly, giving it a 1 is kind of a praise too because the show knew it's a trash meme show , so I give it a trash meme score.
Fair game I say.

One trick pony trash meme only works for one episode.
Post that it's repetitive and boring, plus the show wastes its time repeating the episode twice cuz it has no content.
It's better to just search youtube for that 1 minute footage that's actually worth watching out of 23 mins.
Ventus_SMar 13, 2018 10:22 AM
Mar 13, 2018 10:35 AM

Jul 2013
Ito Junji: Collection is such a disgrace to the manga. From lazy directing to terrible animation to the lackluster atmosphere. The biggest offender of all is how they adapt some stories from the middle of the arc and completely disregard everything that comes before it. Who the hell even approved that?
Mar 13, 2018 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
The harder question for me is: What is the best anime of the season for you?

Most of the animes this season seem stale to me. The only anime I constantly look forward to is Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 (which is a sequel).

As for your question:

From the ones I've dropped, I got to say Citrus. The forceful moments made me feel really uncomfortable. also Mei is sooooo boring

As for the ones that I'm currently watching, it has got to be Fate/Extra: Last Encore. I'm really disappointed with how it turned out. (at least Shaft makes it pretty...)
Mar 13, 2018 11:07 AM

May 2015
I don't know how people can say that Darling is the worst when Fate/Extra exists. It's easily the worst thing I've seen this season, and also the biggest disappointment.

Mar 13, 2018 11:09 AM
Feb 2016
Pop Team Epic cuz it's difficult to understand if you don't know the references
Mar 13, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2013
Pop Team Epic, 100%. It's got that type of stupid shitposty humour than only annoying boys that make fart jokes like unironically.
Mar 13, 2018 11:28 AM
Aug 2012
Dragon ball Super is not a seasonal anime, but damn that is straight up horrible. It is like a shitstain on the franchise.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

10 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

24 by Zarutaku »»
19 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

29 by 0arche »»
31 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

92 by Dracowyn »»
33 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 15

84 by Spunkert »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.