Forum Settings
Forums

What popular animes do you hate and why? [spoilers]

New
Mar 11, 2018 11:10 AM
Nov 2015
another brain dead post pppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp
nic_lSep 19, 2021 10:49 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2018 11:12 AM

Jul 2015
Rezero : for obvious reason
Toradora : abusive bitch female lead
Clannad after story : that bullshit ending
Opm : worst comedy ever
Mar 11, 2018 11:18 AM

Jan 2018
None. I think it's lame to hate something just because it's popular.

However, I did not like Soul Eater. Didn't hate it. Thought it had a great aesthetic and outside of Black Star, good characters. But, it was just mediocre.

While I overall liked Clannad, I thought it was overrated. Clannad After Story is much better.
Mar 11, 2018 11:19 AM

Aug 2017
all of them cuz popular animes sux! 8)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2015
Well this is no surprise...

Mar 11, 2018 11:20 AM

Feb 2016
I hate all animes except like 5 because I'm close minded
Mar 11, 2018 11:23 AM

Jun 2017
tragedydesu said:
Rezero : for obvious reason

wtf? I thought you loved Re:zero , I mean , Rem will wi... oh wait...

Mar 11, 2018 11:25 AM

Jan 2016
Angel Beats! was ok. I didn't find it particularly innovative or good or anything, no clue why it's the 5th apparently most popular anime on the site. Sure, I could understand if it's in the Top 50 of popularity, but no. 5? Really?
Mar 11, 2018 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty much everything made by Gainax and Rumiko Takahashi.

I hate Gainax because most of their works are weird and disturbing.

I hate Rumiko Takahashi because her comedies are awful, and she isn't capable of creating characters that are likeable.

Mar 11, 2018 11:29 AM
Jun 2016
Supern0va101 said:
Hunter x HUnter was absolute trash
Sword art online sucks
neon genesis evangelion is worse than shit
Why would you have Hunter x Hunter manga in your favourites then, tho you rated it 1 :<
Mar 11, 2018 11:31 AM

Jan 2015
bnha, overrated generic shit shounen with shitty mc
fate series - 99% of characters are shit, and its a shitty hentai novel
Mar 11, 2018 11:33 AM

Oct 2015
I would replace the hate, to thinking it's okay or bad. But not hate.

Not giving out any reason cause it's long and I have fears of text walls And I can't find that picture smh, well, just gonna say most top 100.

ImAWeebUwU said:

Then why do you have Fate in your favorites?

๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ซ๐”ž ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐” ๐”ฅ ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ,
๐”š๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ฆ๐”ซ' ๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ ๐”ด๐”ฆ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ฉ ๐”ช๐”ถ ๐”ช๐”ฆ๐”ค๐”ฅ๐”ฑ

Mar 11, 2018 11:39 AM

Jun 2017
I've always hated Bare Bears , those damn bears are annoying asf , especially Panda . Nothing compares to the greatness of Gumball.

Mar 11, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
Clannad series, awful art.
Higurashi, awful art.
Shirobako, i kinda hate some anime without male MC in it.
Byosoku 5cm, that ending tho.. i know it teach you a lot, but i just hate it. anime made for audience satisfaction. if it does not make them satisfied, that's just pretty bad for me.

just IMO
Heika-Mar 11, 2018 11:49 AM

ๅ…ตๅฎถ
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Mar 11, 2018 11:42 AM

Jan 2018
It just dawned of me how negative a lot of threads on this site are LOL.

Mar 11, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2017
While not really 'hating' it, I didn't find Shirobako as enjoyable as its praise

idk, I just found the mc to be extremely annoying for some reason. Hell, the only one in the group that I enjoyed watching was Shizuka

StarSwoardsman said:

That's why we gotta spread the positivity (~ห˜โ–พห˜)~
Mar 11, 2018 11:49 AM

Jan 2018
Short_Circut said:
While not really 'hating' it, I didn't find Shirobako as enjoyable as its praise

idk, I just found the mc to be extremely annoying for some reason. Hell, the only one in the group that I enjoyed watching was Shizuka

StarSwoardsman said:

That's why we gotta spread the positivity (~ห˜โ–พห˜)~

I tried once and you called it, it was positive until someone disagreed with me and made it negative. Though, it kinda turned back around.

It''s funny, I think outsiders think Anime fans are basically childish adults. More like disgruntled adults.
Mar 11, 2018 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
My Hero Academia the plot isnt interesting pretty much a light hearted version of Hajime Hinatas story from Danganronpa the characters again are not interesting and its just really boring
Mar 11, 2018 11:56 AM

Sep 2015
Code Geass was utter shit, as was Clannad.
Mar 11, 2018 12:01 PM

Jan 2015
-Lofn- said:
I would replace the hate, to thinking it's okay or bad. But not hate.

Not giving out any reason cause it's long and I have fears of text walls And I can't find that picture smh, well, just gonna say most top 100.

ImAWeebUwU said:

Then why do you have Fate in your favorites?

Only fate/zero, and 1 good 'route' won't make a franchise non garbage when the rest are garbage.
Mar 11, 2018 12:18 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:

No one hates an anime cos it's popular bruh. They hate it cos they hate it regardless of its popularity and maybe think it doesn't deserve said popularity. Popularity of a show just alters your perception of it before you see it and may lead to someone overly criticising an anime because it overhyped them.

For example, the amount of hype I had before watching Steins;Gate was very high (top 5 on MAL) and came out of it quite disappointed and more so than if it wasn't as highly rated and praised. I still liked it but I mean, its not even in my top 15, let alone top 5 and Ive hardly seen any animus.
oneiricxcMar 11, 2018 12:23 PM
Mar 11, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Uh lets go. I don't hate these anime's as a whole but just some aspects of them or most of it.

Toradora. That ending.
Vampire Knight(both seasons).I legit can't believe somebody actually had it in them to make a worse love story than Twilight.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Probably the biggest ass pull i've ever seen, also read about the ending... lets just say I'm glad i didn't finish it cuz i probably would've given it a 3.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul... Don't get me started with this anime.. I mean the people who made this 4basically took a giant dump on the 1st season and voila you got the 2nd season.
Golden Time. I'm wondering how did they even get into college when they turn out to be so fucking stupid.
Why is OPM good again???
AstZeroMar 14, 2018 5:15 AM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Mar 11, 2018 12:27 PM

Jan 2018
space_cowboy37 said:
StarSwoardsman said:

No one hates an anime cos it's popular bruh. They hate it cos they hate it regardless of its popularity and maybe think it doesn't deserve said popularity. Popularity of a show just alters your perception of it before you see it and may lead to someone overly criticising an anime because it overhyped them.

For example, the amount of hype I had before watching Steins;Gate was very high (top 5 on MAL) and came out of it quite disappointed and more so than if it wasn't as highly rated and praised. I still liked it but I mean, its not even in my top 15, let alone top 5 and Ive hardly seen any animus.

Not true, a lot of the people who ate SAO and Attack On Titan hate it because it's popular.

It's a thing where it becomes cool to say that you hate someone or something that is popular. Like how people hate Anne Hathaway.
Mar 11, 2018 12:33 PM

Jan 2017
Danganronpa the Animation - When the source material is so good, stuff like this makes me upset. I know my bias can get to me but I was just super disappointed with all of the Danganronpa anime

Your Name - Admittedly the first half is okay but the second half fails in being the most boring thing ever. The characters don't help the movie either since they aren't anything special, Mitsuha is okay but all the other characters have no reason for their actions

Kobayashi's Dragon Maid - I don't dislike this one too much but I can't help but feeling disappointed. I love sol comedies but this one didn't stick out to me or feel special in any way

Wattamote - This anime is just annoying to me. I can relate to Tomoko in some ways but I just can't stand her as a character and the other characters aren't even memorable to me

Mirai Nikki - This is a guilty pleasure but the quality of the anime is horrible

Mar 11, 2018 12:33 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
space_cowboy37 said:

Not true, a lot of the people who ate SAO and Attack On Titan hate it because it's popular.

It's a thing where it becomes cool to say that you hate someone or something that is popular. Like how people hate Anne Hathaway.

That's quite a close minded thing to say and mainly what fans of shows think of people who don't like their beloved SAO or whatever. If you can't see or understand why people hate SAO then watch it a bit more critically next time if you dare.
Mar 11, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2018
space_cowboy37 said:
StarSwoardsman said:

That's quite a close minded thing to say and mainly what fans of shows think of people who don't like their beloved SAO or whatever. If you can't see or understand why people hate SAO then watch it a bit more critically next time if you dare.

How is that closed minded? It's pretty damn obvious that this is reality. Are there people who legit don't like those shows just based off what they watched? Of course. But, the vast majority of people are sheep.

I never hailed SAO to be a great show and never will (though I did enjoy it despite it's poor writing). But, most people just hate on that because there is a STRONG hate train. I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show.
Mar 11, 2018 12:42 PM

Feb 2018
Hate's a strong word. I'd say dislike but I dont know why everyone loves Stiens Gate. It doesn't hook me :/
Mar 11, 2018 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
everything cause if it´s popular , its horrible haHAA. jokes aside boku no hero academia, since the characters are all boring imo, re:Zero , because people just think a show is a masterpiece just cause it has rem, and akame ga kill, it basically kills all characters for the sake of shock value.

Mar 11, 2018 12:46 PM

Jun 2017
Monster, Angel Beats and Fate series
I dont hate them but I cant understand why are they so praised
RE:ZERO
I hate it

Mar 11, 2018 12:51 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
space_cowboy37 said:

How is that closed minded? It's pretty damn obvious that this is reality. Are there people who legit don't like those shows just based off what they watched? Of course. But, the vast majority of people are sheep.

I never hailed SAO to be a great show and never will (though I did enjoy it despite it's poor writing). But, most people just hate on that because there is a STRONG hate train. I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show.

Its close minded because even though, yes, people may jump on the hate train because its popular, they still dislike it. Its just that their feelings about disliking a show are amplified by the fact that they don't think it deserves its popularity and that they feel fooled to have fallen for the hype.

A hype train nearly always transforms into a hate train.

Therefore, they will hate on and talk shit about a show like SAO more than a show that may have been a lot worse but hardly anyone knows about it. The more people that watch a show, the more opinions that will exist. You cant think that everyone will like it as much as others do.

"Most people just hate on that because there is a STRONG hate train."

No. The hate train is caused by the hate, not the other way around. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, of course a show that more people have experienced will have more people that hate it. But on the other hand, it will be also gain more people that like it.

"I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show."

Do you know how to use the internet bro? Just look up countless negative reviews and videos on MAL, Google, YouTube. I'm not saying that it is a horrific show. I can see why people like it. But, I can also see why people dislike or even hate it and if you can't see that then... you're close minded.
oneiricxcMar 11, 2018 12:54 PM
Mar 11, 2018 12:54 PM
Jul 2015
Death Note, AOT, Steins;Gate, Angel Beats, Tokyo Ghoul, No Game no Life, Noragami, Code Geass, HxH, Psycho-Pass, Bakemonogatari, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso

And the list goes on, and no, I'm not as irrational as it seems, but I'm not going to develop a review of each anime to mark its minimums and thus justify myself.
Mar 11, 2018 12:54 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Yuri on Ice can go burn in hell.
like seriously, I fucking hate that show.
Same goes for Fairy Tail with its bullshit power of friendship, like no, I want a quality anime, not my little pony.
Mar 11, 2018 12:56 PM

Mar 2015
First season of Clannad is shit.
NGNL
Apparently Darling in the FranXX is popular. It's absolute dogshit.
Mar 11, 2018 12:56 PM

Jan 2018
space_cowboy37 said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Its close minded because even though, yes, people may jump on the hate train because its popular, they still dislike it. Its just that their feelings about disliking a show are amplified by the fact that they don't think it deserves its popularity and that they feel fooled to have fallen for the hype.

Therefore, they will hate on and talk shit about a show like SAO more than a show that may have been a lot worse but hardly anyone knows about it. The more people that watch a show, the more opinions that will exist. You cant think that everyone will like it as much as others do.

No. The hate train is caused by the hate, not the other way around. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, of course a show that more people have experienced will have more people that hate it. But on the other hand, there will be more people that like it.

"I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show."

Do you know how to use the internet bro? Just look up countless negative reviews and videos on MAL, Google, YouTube. I'm not saying that it is a horrific show. I can see why people like it. But, I can also see why people dislike or even hate it and if you can't see that... you're close minded.

It's funny, because you are actually the one that is being VERY closed minded right now. Perhaps you should examine your beliefs.

And, actually SAO has gotten most postive reviews from fans and critics. On MAL, season one has a 7.7, season two has a 7.2, the film has an 8.1. On IMDB the first two seasons have a 7.8 and the film has a 7.4.

So, don't go calling anyone closed minded when you yourself are VERY closed minded.
Mar 11, 2018 1:06 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
space_cowboy37 said:

No. The hate train is caused by the hate, not the other way around. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that, of course a show that more people have experienced will have more people that hate it. But on the other hand, there will be more people that like it.

Do you know how to use the internet bro? Just look up countless negative reviews and videos on MAL, Google, YouTube. I'm not saying that it is a horrific show. I can see why people like it. But, I can also see why people dislike or even hate it and if you can't see that... you're close minded.

It's funny, because you are actually the one that is being VERY closed minded right now. Perhaps you should examine your beliefs.

And, actually SAO has gotten most postive reviews from fans and critics. On MAL, season one has a 7.7, season two has a 7.2, the film has an 8.1. On IMDB the first two seasons have a 7.8 and the film has a 7.4.

So, don't go calling anyone closed minded when you yourself are VERY closed minded.

Yes, its quite obvious that SAO has more lovers than haters, whats your point here? I thought we were discussing if some people actually have illegitimate reasons to hate on a show, i.e. popularity. I never said more people hate it than love it.

"Actually SAO has gotten most postive reviews from fans and critics."

Doesn't mean everyone likes it. I get the feeling you're not even reading my responses.

And please can you explain to me why I'm being close minded as I have done to you.
Mar 11, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2018
space_cowboy37 said:
StarSwoardsman said:

Yes, its quite obvious that SAO has more lovers than haters, whats your point here? I thought we were discussing if some people actually have illegitimate reasons to hate on a show, i.e. popularity. I never said more people hate it than love it.

Doesn't mean everyone likes it. I get the feeling you're not even reading my responses.

And please can you explain to me why I'm being close minded as I have done to you.

You just said that you're getting the feeling that I'm not reading your posts. Yet, I did say that there are people who have a LEGIT reason for not liking SAO. All I am saying that most just join the hate parade. And I think that is fair to say.

You know how you are being closed minded. Just examine your interaction with me. If you aren't even swaying me one bit than you aren't really looking it from my point of view, are you?
Mar 11, 2018 1:15 PM
Aug 2016
Hold on a second... *pulls out a huge list*.
Mar 11, 2018 1:19 PM
Mar 2018
Dragon Ball Z.
This is wrost anime ever for me. I don't understand why people love DBZ so much, its just trash. I don't even know why it's trash but it's just,,, Just trash. I don't know how to say it but, Fuck DBZ
Mar 11, 2018 1:35 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
space_cowboy37 said:

You just said that you're getting the feeling that I'm not reading your posts. Yet, I did say that there are people who have a LEGIT reason for not liking SAO. All I am saying that most just join the hate parade. And I think that is fair to say.

You know how you are being closed minded. Just examine your interaction with me. If you aren't even swaying me one bit than you aren't really looking it from my point of view, are you?

You said this lol: "I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show." Where did you say" that there are people who have a LEGIT reason for not liking SAO."

Unless, youre referring to this line: "Are there people who legit don't like those shows just based off what they watched? Of course.", then why did you contradict yourself in the same post?

Believe it or not, I am trying to look at it from your perspective but your point is so shallow and you're not really making any arguments to support it, just weak assumptions. I guess I am not swaying you at all, so if you can't at least either have an actual argument ready to support your weak-ass assumption or meet me on a middle ground in your next post (if you decide to do one), then I will not be replying (or I may reply in a less polite tone that I've shown until now... or not. Who knows?) But if I don't reply then you will know why.

And by middle ground, I mean that no one hates an anime, or any piece of art in general, because its popular but in fact that the popularity of a show can determine how strong their dislike or hatred towards a show is.

I will accept the point that some people may get swayed into disliking a show more than they do (i.e. sheep's) but this is literally my point. And it goes both ways. Some people are swayed to enjoy a show more than they do just because they want to seem like a specific type of person, e.g. someone might pretend to like Paranoia Agent or Serial Experiments Lain in order to pretend they are smarter than they actually are.
Mar 11, 2018 1:37 PM

Jan 2018
space_cowboy37 said:
StarSwoardsman said:

You said this lol: "I have actually yet to have spoken to a hater of that show who actually have legit reasons to dislike the show." Where did you say" that there are people who have a LEGIT reason for not liking SAO."

Unless, youre referring to this line: "Are there people who legit don't like those shows just based off what they watched? Of course.", then why did you contradict yourself in the same post?

Believe it or not, I am trying to look at it from your perspective but your point is so shallow and you're not really making any arguments to support it, just weak assumptions. I guess I am not swaying you at all, so if you can't at least either have an actual argument ready to support your weak-ass assumption or meet me on a middle ground in your next post (if you decide to do one), then I will not be replying (or I may reply in a less polite tone that I've shown until now... or not. Who knows?) But if I don't reply then you will know why.

And by middle ground, I mean that no one hates an anime, or any piece of art in general, because its popular but in fact that the popularity of a show can determine how strong their dislike or hatred towards a show is.

I will accept the point that some people may get swayed into disliking a show more than they do (i.e. sheep's) but this is literally my point. And it goes both ways. Some people are swayed to enjoy a show more than they do just because they want to seem like a specific type of person, e.g. someone might pretend to like Paranoia Agent or Serial Experiments Lain in order to pretend they are smarter than they actually are.

I love how you can rationalize everything that you are saying and miss the bigger point. And you decided to attack what I am saying. This isn't even a discussion at this point.

Later.
Mar 11, 2018 1:40 PM

Jun 2017
What an insightful and thought provoking anime discussion bound to express allow reputable gents to share there respectful thoughts and opinions.

"ErHMagersh SAO is the wurst anim u evar!"
I'm a shitposter for fun
Mar 11, 2018 1:43 PM
Jul 2017
StarSwoardsman said:
space_cowboy37 said:

I love how you can rationalize everything that you are saying and miss the bigger point. And you decided to attack what I am saying. This isn't even a discussion at this point.

Later.

You got me interested actually. Whats the bigger point in your opinion?

Also, how did you reply so quick? Did you just read what I said and not think about or dwell on it. It seems, to me at least, that you were very set in your ways and decided after my first point that you're right and I'm wrong. Which is fair because I think the same thing but why aren't you trying to prove that then?

Finally, please provide evidence of me attacking what you are saying. Ill probably try to defend myself but the only reason its not a discussion is cos youre not backing yourself up xD
Mar 11, 2018 1:48 PM

Jan 2018
Goku, because it's just not my style.
Mar 11, 2018 1:50 PM
Oct 2017
I can’t get the hype behind Death Note for some reason.
I think Bakuman is much better and I’m only halfway season 1.
Mar 11, 2018 1:53 PM
Aug 2016
I hate this kind of thread the most, so repetitive and half-assed responses.
Mar 11, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2015
One Outs, Kuroko no Bakset, Yowamushi Pedal. They're not sports anime. While Kuroko managed to be somewhat entertaining despite the superpowers, One Outs was all about Tokuchi winning all the time with it's premise being really stupid. Yowamushi's was shit as well. Dude changes his shoes, then magically goes 250% faster.
Definitely not good sports anime.

Mar 11, 2018 1:58 PM

Dec 2016
RavenYami said:

Agree!!
:v they hate anything popular!
Why they don't try to enjoy and stop this shits thread!!
Mar 11, 2018 2:03 PM
Jan 2016
my List of hate: DBZ, any ost from Hiroyuki Sawano because he is not god just trash. AoT, Evangelion, Re:Zero, Erased, SAO, Kill La Kill, Akame ga Kill, Stein;s Gate, all Fate series, Gurren Laguen, Keijo!!!!!!, any harem series, any isikai series, most shonen, and I think that is it. I gave up on anime by now.
Mar 11, 2018 3:33 PM
Aug 2016
IwalidarmeI said:
RavenYami said:

Agree!!
:v they hate anything popular!
Why they don't try to enjoy and stop this shits thread!!

I keep wondering as well sometimes, only if the responses wouldn't be so repetitive and lackluster, yes, we get it, most popular anime get more praise than they deserve, what a tragedy, people could focus on promoting the shows they deem worthy instead of whining constantly sharing the same opinions
Mar 11, 2018 4:01 PM

Jul 2015
Here's a quick list (very short and abrasive reasons, don't click if you're faint of heart):

Steins;Gate

Madoka

Texhnolyze

Elfen Lied

Parasyte
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 3 hours ago

12 by Nirinbo »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 11 hours ago

16 by W3TFT »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 2 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
8 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
8 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

28 by AxiaG »»
9 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.