Forum Settings
Forums

If you could meet any voice actor (for English dubs), who would it be?

New
Mar 8, 2018 2:44 PM

Mar 2018
If you could meet any voice actor (for English dubs), who would it be?
For me, it would be Vic Mignogna, Johnny Yong Bosch, and Cherami Leigh.
"Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your poker face."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

"A thief is a creative artist who takes his prey in style. But a detective is nothing more than a critic who follows our footsteps."
-Kaito Kuroba (aka Kaitou Kid)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2018 2:47 PM

Feb 2015
I don't give a shit about voice actors... Or even regular actors...

I'd rather meet directors, artists, writers etc...
Mar 8, 2018 3:10 PM
Jun 2017
ahhh, there's tons of English dub VAs I'd love to meet! xD

my top three would be:
- Vic Mignogna
- J. Michael Tatum
- Todd Haberkorn

:)
Mar 9, 2018 7:38 AM
Aug 2016
I don't like the fact that it has to be an English VA because I don't give a flipping fuck about them.
Mar 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Mar 2014
Broke Paperbryce so that I could punch him in the face for being such a terrible voice actor
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 9, 2018 8:26 AM

Feb 2016
No one, English dubs are cancer full of unskilled shitstains that dropped out of acting school and are too incompetent to be in theatre either.
Mar 9, 2018 8:28 AM

Feb 2010
Steven Blum, only english VA I really care about.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 9, 2018 8:51 AM
Oct 2017
i would meet Dwayne Johnson also known as "The Rock" from his wrestling days because i like his voice as the dildo from MOana
Mar 9, 2018 8:52 AM

Apr 2016
What is the point of "any voice actor " when you put "for English dubs" right after that ? Just say it straight.

Aslt said:
I don't like the fact that it has to be an English VA because I don't give a flipping fuck about them.
Aquamirror said:
No one, English dubs are cancer full of unskilled shitstains that dropped out of acting school and are too incompetent to be in theatre either.
Mar 9, 2018 3:47 PM

Oct 2015
Lucy Liu,

i wonder how interesting she really is.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Mar 9, 2018 3:57 PM

May 2015
Mari Ijima. I want to meet her again. She's a really sweet person to talk to.
Mar 9, 2018 10:53 PM

Jun 2013
I would kill to meet megumi ogata, she voices alot of my favorite characters and is an overall cool person.
Not only that her music ROCKS, she makes music outside anime songs.
Ideals, philosophy, art, culture. They live and die for the meme. - Kamukura Izuru

Mar 9, 2018 11:21 PM
Nov 2016
Someone that isn't a english dub voice actor
Mar 9, 2018 11:29 PM

May 2009
I've already met Colleen Clinkenbeard, though sadly, only briefly.

chareexnicole said:

my top three would be:
- Vic Mignogna
- J. Michael Tatum
- Todd Haberkorn

Tatum seemed pleased when I told him I knew (and appreciated) him from his role in The Tower of Druaga.

Incidentally, Haberkorn has an even more prominent role in that series. Both of them did quite nice work with their roles.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 9, 2018 11:41 PM

Jan 2016
>for English dubs.-

No, thank you.-
Mar 9, 2018 11:57 PM
Jun 2017
GlennMagusHarvey said:

chareexnicole said:

my top three would be:
- Vic Mignogna
- J. Michael Tatum
- Todd Haberkorn

Tatum seemed pleased when I told him I knew (and appreciated) him from his role in The Tower of Druaga.

Incidentally, Haberkorn has an even more prominent role in that series. Both of them did quite nice work with their roles.

Aw, lucky! I usually just watch their panels people post on Youtube lol but, from what I can tell, they both seem really nice!!
Mar 10, 2018 12:02 AM

Jun 2017
-Vic Mignogna
-Todd Haberkorn
-Bryce Papenbrook
-J. Michael Tatum

<3
SereniTeaHiveMar 10, 2018 12:06 AM
Mar 10, 2018 12:04 AM

Jun 2011
I have met mostly everyone I would want to meet voice acting wise.... but damn, I still haven't met Spike Spencer. Need is autograph So I can complete my set....

I also need Justin Cook so I can complete my Team Urameshi set...

Of the people I have met I think Chris Sabat is the best.
Energetic-NovaMar 10, 2018 12:07 AM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Mar 10, 2018 12:04 AM

Jun 2016
Virtually anyone from any series i've watched. I'm 95% a sub watcher, i watch very few dubs, but i still feel like even if you havent watched the dub for a series, that va has some kind of attachment to the character they played so it's just as good as if i were to meet a Japanese VA. Besides, it's nearly impossible where i am to meet big Japanese VA's, so i settle. People here are real elitists, damn..
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Mar 10, 2018 12:08 AM

Jun 2011
chareexnicole said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:

Aw, lucky! I usually just watch their panels people post on Youtube lol but, from what I can tell, they both seem really nice!!

I have met Todd and Vic and then Todd and Vic again at the same con. I met Todd 3 times. Vic 2 times. Todd is better.
Mar 10, 2018 12:09 AM

Jan 2018
I'm not a fan of english dubs but I've seen RWBY so the only ones I really know are Vic Mignogna and Yuri Lowenthal. They seem pretty cool.
Mar 10, 2018 12:11 AM

Jun 2011
TheMightyMushi said:
Virtually anyone from any series i've watched. I'm 95% a sub watcher, i watch very few dubs, but i still feel like even if you havent watched the dub for a series, that va has some kind of attachment to the character they played so it's just as good as if i were to meet a Japanese VA. Besides, it's nearly impossible where i am to meet big Japanese VA's, so i settle. People here are real elitists, damn..

I have never met a Japanese VA, I have met several animators from studio Trigger and Khara and a Jrock band called Kra who did the theme for Yugioh 5DS. I was really thankful. I mean, before two years ago, we never had Japanese guests ever.
Mar 10, 2018 12:14 AM

Jun 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
TheMightyMushi said:

I have never met a Japanese VA, I have met several animators from studio Trigger and Khara and a Jrock band called Kra who did the theme for Yugioh 5DS. I was really thankful. I mean, before two years ago, we never had Japanese guests ever.

Hey, nice. I've met a couple english VA's, but that's it. Nobody too big though. I think the biggest English VA i've met was John Swasey, and idk if it was just an off day for him, but he was kind of a dick >_> I have exactly one autograph from a japanese VA (Chiwa Saito) but it's off of a Weiss Schwarz card that i bought a pack of on a whim.
"Make sure to remember, every person and place has a right to exist. It's true for you too, the entire world, as a whole, is your home." - Ginko
Mar 10, 2018 12:16 AM

Jun 2016
Tubbyman said:
I'm not a fan of english dubs but I've seen RWBY so the only ones I really know are Vic Mignogna and Yuri Lowenthal. They seem pretty cool.

I met the cast of RWBY in August last year, they were all really sweet. Apparently the VA for Cinder was there too but i never got the chance to see her. Friend did though.
Mar 10, 2018 12:17 AM
Jun 2017
KreemCheez said:
-Vic Mignogna
-Todd Haberkorn
-Bryce Papenbrook
-J. Michael Tatum

<3

I wrote everyone but Bryce for my answer but I agree with all four!! I've seen all their panels in Youtube and Bryce seems really nice and genuine! :D
Mar 10, 2018 12:17 AM

Jun 2011
TheMightyMushi said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Hey, nice. I've met a couple english VA's, but that's it. Nobody too big though. I think the biggest English VA i've met was John Swasey, and idk if it was just an off day for him, but he was kind of a dick >_> I have exactly one autograph from a japanese VA (Chiwa Saito) but it's off of a Weiss Schwarz card that i bought a pack of on a whim.

I have noticed some of the funimation actors have a rough time. Like, I feel really bad for Todd Haberkorn who is pretty much mobbed every time and he is always making extra signings but this year, he just couldn't do it and there were people who were actually upset about not getting a free autograph.... on a person who comes to our convention every two years.
Mar 10, 2018 12:20 AM
Jun 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
I have met mostly everyone I would want to meet voice acting wise.... but damn, I still haven't met Spike Spencer. Need is autograph So I can complete my set....

I also need Justin Cook so I can complete my Team Urameshi set...

Of the people I have met I think Chris Sabat is the best.

Chris Sabat's a good one! I personally haven't met him, but I've seen his panels on Youtube and I love how he's always joking around! xD
Mar 10, 2018 12:20 AM

Jun 2011
chareexnicole said:
KreemCheez said:
-Vic Mignogna
-Todd Haberkorn
-Bryce Papenbrook
-J. Michael Tatum

<3

I wrote everyone but Bryce for my answer but I agree with all four!! I've seen all their panels in Youtube and Bryce seems really nice and genuine! :D

Bryce is a SWEETHEART. I had a seizure in his line and he was so kind and patient with me and even signed his name how I wanted "Dick Smallberries JR." in honor of his dad. He was actually more than happy to sign too.
Mar 10, 2018 12:22 AM

Jun 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
TheMightyMushi said:

I have noticed some of the funimation actors have a rough time. Like, I feel really bad for Todd Haberkorn who is pretty much mobbed every time and he is always making extra signings but this year, he just couldn't do it and there were people who were actually upset about not getting a free autograph.... on a person who comes to our convention every two years.

Oof. Yeah that sounds pretty awful. To be fair, i was one of the LAST people in line, so it's totally understandable if he was just out of it. I was also in a sorta bad mood cause the previous year all the guests had things they could sign for you, and i wrongly expected them to do so again. (keeping in mind the first year was my first con, this was my second) And i got halfway through the line, realized he didnt have anything, and ended up tearing up a piece of the paper cover of an anime dvd i had for him to sign (which he did nothing for, and then i felt bad) It was a whole mess xD
Mar 10, 2018 12:22 AM
Sep 2017
Without a doubt Samuel L Jackson, he did voice Afro Samurai after all.
“There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground ... and miss."
Mar 10, 2018 12:23 AM
Jun 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
chareexnicole said:

Bryce is a SWEETHEART. I had a seizure in his line and he was so kind and patient with me and even signed his name how I wanted "Dick Smallberries JR." in honor of his dad.

AW, that's so sweet! I'm suddenly dying to meet him! T.T
Mar 10, 2018 12:24 AM

Jan 2018
TheMightyMushi said:
Tubbyman said:

I met the cast of RWBY in August last year, they were all really sweet. Apparently the VA for Cinder was there too but i never got the chance to see her. Friend did though.

Dang I'm jealous, I really want to meet all the MCs because I'm a big fan of Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter
Mar 10, 2018 12:24 AM

Jul 2014
The guy who does Piccolo because everytime I hear him not as Piccolo I want to slap the hell outta him.
Mar 10, 2018 12:25 AM

Jun 2016
Tubbyman said:
TheMightyMushi said:

Dang I'm jealous, I really want to meet all the MCs because I'm a big fan of Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter

Yeah the trip to that con was def a rollercoaster experience, but that was a highlight. A friend of mine met Vic as well out at a con where she lives and got me an autograph as well, but she has yet to send it to me and i think she's hoarding it at this point xD
Mar 10, 2018 12:29 AM

Jun 2011
chareexnicole said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Bryce is a SWEETHEART. I had a seizure in his line and he was so kind and patient with me and even signed his name how I wanted "Dick Smallberries JR." in honor of his dad.

Did you watch Boku no Hero dubbed? If so, I can tell you Chris Sabat is probably one of the most professional feeling men when you meet him. And you should go to all his panels, especially if he does a voice acting panel like he usually does. He directed me to voice Frieza! :D
Mar 10, 2018 12:31 AM

Jun 2011
mattao313 said:
The guy who does Piccolo because everytime I hear him not as Piccolo I want to slap the hell outta him.

.... you mean the guy who does half the cast of DBZ including Vegita? That is Chris Sabat.
Mar 10, 2018 12:33 AM

Feb 2016
Azula's voice, Grey DeLisle. Even though it feels weird to see my waifu's voice on another person's face (my waifu is real ok)
Mar 10, 2018 12:34 AM

Mar 2017
Vic Mignogna
Chris Sabat
Bryce Papenbrook
Jamie Marchi
JYB
Monica Rial
Stephanie Sheh

I've already met Sabat and Mignogna in conventions, but I'd love to meet them again.
Mar 10, 2018 12:37 AM
Jun 2017
Energetic-Nova said:
chareexnicole said:

Did you watch Boku no Hero dubbed? If so, I can tell you Chris Sabat is probably one of the most professional feeling men when you meet him. And you should go to all his panels, especially if he does a voice acting panel like he usually does. He directed me to voice Frieza! :D

I watched the first season dubbed and he was great as All Might! :D

There's this video on Youtube posted by Funimation called "Chris Sabat on My Hero Academia" and it's probably one of my favorite interviews of Chris' I've seen! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj9LqacxpIQ (here's a link if you haven't seen it!)
Mar 10, 2018 12:49 AM

Feb 2016
Mark Hamill and Michael Chiklis of course.
Mar 10, 2018 12:58 AM
Jan 2016
If I could, I would not. Because I am interested in their works, not them as a person.
Mar 10, 2018 1:03 AM
Feb 2012
Wakamoto Norio.
Like why is this even a question.
Mar 10, 2018 2:23 AM
May 2015
Sean Schemmel
Christopher Sabat
Carrie Savage
Sonny Strait
Michelle Ruff
Richard Epcar
Sandy Fox
Lex Lang
Colleen Clinkenbeard
Tony Oliver
Peter Fernandez
Mar 10, 2018 2:45 AM

Aug 2015
I met Cherami Leigh last year, she's pretty cool. although tbh meeting voice actors isn't very interesting. I've also seen a bunch of voice actors for dbz but never talked to them. it's weird hearing a voice you associate with a character on an actual human haha
Mar 10, 2018 2:47 AM

Mar 2009
Liam O'Brain. He is my favourite English voice actor.
Mar 10, 2018 3:07 AM
Dec 2013
Chuck Huber
Jad Saxton
Josh Grelle
Tia Ballard
Mar 10, 2018 4:38 AM

Jun 2017
chareexnicole said:

OMG thats so cool! I have more I wanna meet but these are my Top 4 of whome I would love to meet.
Bryce definately seems so down to earth! I really enjoy his voice roles!

Energetic-Nova said:

Bryce is a SWEETHEART. I had a seizure in his line and he was so kind and patient with me and even signed his name how I wanted "Dick Smallberries JR." in honor of his dad. He was actually more than happy to sign too.

Ooooh! Thats super cool! <3
Mar 10, 2018 8:19 AM

Jun 2014
I've always wanted to meet Cam Clarke.

I've been a big fan of him ever since I was a kid.

Mar 10, 2018 8:23 AM

Oct 2014
Matt Mercer and Liam O'Brian
But that's because of Critical Role
Mar 10, 2018 8:28 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Johnny young bosch (ichigo kurosaki and lelouch v britania).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

58 by InsomniacBastard »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

81 by LostSpectre »»
6 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 36 minutes ago

11 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 31 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
7 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 2 hours ago

8 by r3v3l3v3l »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.