Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 31, 2017 12:07 AM

Sep 2017
Hmm I like it, tbh its looks way better
Oct 31, 2017 9:15 AM
Jul 2018
Rayzer said:
Lolimancer said:

Ishibumi wanted to try and work out a way to make the season a bit longer than usual, to fit in volumes 5-7, but the director got overconfident and went to change the content and combine the three volumes into the monstrosity known as BorN. He went against both a producer and Ishibumi to do so, then refused to change anything, and then had the nerve to tell Ishibumi that he was gonna script the episodes with that new content. That's why High School DxD EX was made and bundled with the BDs, to retcon the season as alternate timeline bullshit. Ishibumi had enough when the season ended, apologized to fans and got Kadokawa involved, and most likely they decided to let go of TNK and the whole old staff, and thus here we are now.
Why that has anything to do with TNK? It's just the director, they can just change the director and retain the old staff.
Or at least retain the studio, character designers and animators. That's just stupid in all levels.
With that, his work just gonna get dragged to bottom because he handed it over to a studio and staff with bad reputations.

TNK had no reputation before DxD so it's back to square one now. If you'll read more of the thread, the character designer was already being fired too because his designs had greatly declined since season 1, and fans were complaining. The animators were absolute bottom of the barrel, if you go watch Juggernaut Drive it's a complete joke for "animation". Even Toei could've done better. Finally, TNK is in financial trouble because they blew the BorN budget that was allocated on other things apparently, so yeah, they were out either way. The author only complained about the director, but Kadokawa watched the whole situation and decided to clean house.
Oct 31, 2017 11:55 AM
Jun 2016
Old style for sure. This art style doesnt really feel like DxD, its too bright. Their faces dont really look the same either. I wish they bring the old style back! But that doesnt mean im not hype for a new season after about 4 friggin years! I hope this doesnt disappoint, this is my favorite series. Since Rias is number one waifu, all I can say is... #NotMyRias
DragonNinjaBDOct 31, 2017 12:01 PM
Oct 31, 2017 3:19 PM
Jul 2016
As long a we get uncensored tits does it really matter?
Hope its 24 episodes too cuz they're waaaaaaay behind the LN
Oct 31, 2017 7:01 PM
Feb 2015
Nova9000 said:
As long a we get uncensored tits does it really matter?
Hope its 24 episodes too cuz they're waaaaaaay behind the LN

Nope only 12 episodes. They already confirm it's V9 & V10 only.
Oct 31, 2017 7:43 PM

Aug 2017
I really like the new art style, the style for the past 3 seasons has been great but I like that they have changed it up. In the new style the characters look a little older (Asia especially) which I think is good, and maybe they are going to say season 4 takes place a while after the 3rd which is why they have aged a little bit.

I'm happy with the change and I'm really looking forward to see how the series feels with it's new art style. As long as their is decent story and ridiculous amounts of L.E.W.D then I'm happy with any art style.
Nov 1, 2017 1:11 PM
Nov 2017
The new art has really removed the character in their expressions and made them look less action and more romance based. I hope they are able to keep up with the other seasons and not let them down.
i4OnceNov 1, 2017 1:16 PM
Nov 1, 2017 4:46 PM
Sep 2017
CrimsonMaou said:
pjburton said:

It's more in line with the LN art
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/thumb.php?f=High_school_dxd_v9_161.jpg&width=614
that is the guy in the final few seconds of the trailer Cao Cao.
Here is Rias and Asia
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/e/ea/High_school_dxd_v10_291.jpg
Looks closer to the new stuff than the old.

huh, now that you point it out it looks they're going to bring the LN art-style into motion seeing this makes me eager to see it and eases some anxiousness. while i did like the old style for the anime and thought it fit it's arcs very well if this moves into the tournament arc a brighter style would fit a lot better. In rewatching the show after years the animation of previous series were tbh lazy and cut a lot of corners using moving backgrounds and paning cameras to substitute real movement if this series can improve on that who cares about the art style.

That's true, I personally am ok with the new style because, why keep riding a horse that's bound to die. I am not saying the old animation was bad it's just that I would want a breath of fresh air after so many years. The new animation is more vibrant and lively which I would want to have during Tournament Arcs or fights like you stated. I imagine some of the people hating on the new animation like in the PV as 12 years olds, which I am, that can't accept change and hate that they're waifu has become part of a "Disney show" which it looks nothing like (Disney animation is really trashy) and hate that it looks more "loli-sh". That's my opinion on the new art style.
Nov 2, 2017 8:15 AM
Jul 2017
I dont think this artsyle is what compliments the story or the ecci elements
Nov 4, 2017 1:54 AM

May 2016
It's not like the old artstyle was good or anything, It looked like another generic anime to me.
Accept everyone's opinions. Unless they are badly constructed or something the lines of "Uhh duuh da girls were sexy"

That's not an opinion, that's Something called "A lack of brain cells". Specifically the latter.

Everyone who likes Eromanga-Sensei is a pedophile.
Nov 5, 2017 1:48 AM

Aug 2013
Rias is literally the only one that looks worse from the new art style. And i couldn't careless about her.

So yeah, New >>> Old
Nov 5, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2013
The art is worse however the animation is more fluid. I prefer the old one in every way
Nov 5, 2017 1:50 AM

Mar 2014
I won't be able to come to a decision until watching a full episode.
Nov 5, 2017 2:00 AM

Oct 2014
I still dont know why ppl are complaining. I admit i prefer the old over the newer, but im still willing to give the new a chance. Gotta start new somewhere at some time. But i mean it doesnt make that much of a difference does it? Its still the same anime, same series, same characters, same hot girls, and still all about tits an ass. So who cares? I personally dont think it matters IMO because of all that
Nov 5, 2017 10:18 PM

Jan 2016
I got to say I really don't know what to think I like both to be honest.

It might feel weird maybe the first episode or two but I like it, now of course I'm going to miss the old art style since that's been the original look for the anime adapt since the beginning and was (imo) more unique.

But I think changing it to look more like the LN/manga art is also kind of fresh too.

But I guess time will tell really, to me personally as long as the cast (in the dub) doesn't get changed again (at least for awhile) I'll be totally fine with it.

(off topic a bit) I will say that the animation/look on this one kind of reminds me of Chaika The Coffin Princess.

I'm guessing maybe the same company.

EDIT I just check and not the same company but I still kind of get the same feel (idk why)
animefan0071Nov 5, 2017 10:25 PM

All the Anime's on my list are all one's I own Personal physical copies of, or have seen in theaters that I plan on buying, series that I've watched on FUNimation or HIDIVE will not be on here unless/until I have already bought it.
Nov 7, 2017 11:41 AM

Apr 2013
I voted old, but that's only because i have so little exposure to the new artwork. Personally, i don't care that the art is different, it looks alright and it will probably grow on me and be great. Plus, i've already had 3 seasons plus tons of ovas of the old art style, so i don't mind a change to freshen things up.
Nov 8, 2017 3:25 AM
Mar 2015
Though I don't mind the new artstyle I much prefer the old one. Now, when I think about it I think that Season 4's character designer is a hentai artist. (no problem there) It will take a while to get used to, but I have my fingers crossed. Please be at least decent!

I hope character's personalities will stay the same!
Nov 10, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2017
ziggy_Z said:
I won't be able to come to a decision until watching a full episode.

pretty much my thoughts exactly
Nov 19, 2017 4:47 PM
Jul 2016
Honestly we all know we are going to watch the new season when it comes out regardless of the art style change. Yes most of us are not big fans of the new art style including myself, but hey we can probably assume that this change in art style was due to probably getting a cheaper deal of some kind. So lets just watch the new season regardless of the new art style and enjoy the craziness.
Nov 19, 2017 9:52 PM
Aug 2017
If you guys don't like the art style then don't watch it,honestly born was aids so there probably wasn't gonna be another season to begin with but somehow magic happend so be thankful, what matters is that ISSEI IS BACK!!!
Nov 19, 2017 9:53 PM
Aug 2017
If you guys don't like the art style then don't watch it,honestly born was aids so there probably wasn't gonna be another season to begin with but somehow magic happend so be thankful, what matters is that ISSEI IS BACK!!
Dec 18, 2017 1:28 PM
Jun 2016
Well according to me I don't really care as it is finally coming also I would like to see a new Animation.
In this Animation the animators focused on animation to look beautiful and before it was mainly focused on details. Also in the new teaser as of now, I did like the first half, but the second half seemed similar to the previous seasons. So I believe that it won't dissatisfy me.....So I'm good
arnav_saxenaDec 18, 2017 1:33 PM
Dec 19, 2017 8:44 AM
Dec 2017
The new artstyle isnt bad it still ok though.
Dec 19, 2017 9:18 AM

Jan 2014
new artstyle looks pretty bad.....

Akeno is one of the hottest female characters in all of anime, and they just ruined that image of her with this new season

*Sigh*
Dec 22, 2017 2:27 PM
Mar 2015
I actually don't mind the new style. For me, it's more relaxing on the eyes imo, but honestly, as long as the animation is good and the anime follows the light novels with no censoring, then it's all good. The new style will take some time getting used, but after 3 seasons and ova's, I kinda like the change. As long as the animation doesn't go to crap, I should be fine. Going by the trailer, the animation looks more fluid which is a good thing. But what I'm really happy about is that we are getting another season. Hopefully, it turns out good and sells well so we can get more seasons.
blueswizzleDec 22, 2017 2:30 PM
Dec 22, 2017 6:16 PM

Aug 2010
hmm, I don't really mind this new art style. I'll definitely miss the old one though. I do think the characters look cuter in this style too, though looked sexier in the old one.I like how Akeno, Xenovia, and Koneko turned out, though i prefer the other girls with the old style. As long as they animate this well, I think I can get used to it fairly easily.
Dec 26, 2017 12:34 AM
Dec 2017
The new art style doesn't really bother me. Its just the animation look kinda, you know.. But its just a trailer. Hoping for the best. *New member
Dec 27, 2017 3:59 AM
Mar 2017
About the new art style, I don't have any complain about other girls but HOLY FUCK...... what have they done to my Rias....... she's supposed to be a badass caracter, but here she seems cute,baby faced pretty GIRL....... Nooooooo I want my badass,sometimes sadist sometimes cute, sometimes hardcore Rias back...

:(
Jan 6, 2018 10:14 PM

Jan 2011
While both are nice I think the softer edges are better for nudity. My main fav looks good either way. (Rias)
Jan 9, 2018 10:21 AM
Oct 2015
the new art style is NOT GOOD.
Jan 14, 2018 2:13 PM
Mar 2013
Same opinion, the old one is best, looked more ecchi, the new one is too soft. I miss the details of the characters, ahhh, my poor Akeno. ;( Its no fun to watch anymore and yes, i dont know the LN. I grow up with the anime. I dont mind new studio for the animation, BUT: Pls drop this and give us the old style back! Ask before you do smth like that to the fans!

There is a petition, too: https://www.change.org/p/ichiei-change-in-highschool-dxd-artstyle-for-season-4
Safir86Jan 14, 2018 2:28 PM
Jan 14, 2018 3:25 PM
Mar 2015
According to some people that posted earlier, the japanese fans of High School DxD actually didn't like the old art style and were complaining about it. Now that the art style is different, the fans actually approve of it. So that means that the studio isn't going to change it anytime soon, since that would risk losing fans for the anime before it even airs.

Anime studios care more about the reception they get from the japanese fan base, they don't really care what anyone thinks outside of Japan. Honestly, the petition isn't going to do anything. TBH, I actually like the new art style more, hopefully the change makes it easier to animate because volumes 9 and 10 are going to have some intense fight scenes. So, I hope the animators get it right. I'm happy that the studio is choosing to follow the light novel art style. It gives me more hope that they are going to follow the source material more, and after Born, they better. Otherwise, the DxD anime is done for after the fourth season.
Jan 15, 2018 3:48 AM
Mar 2013
Is it then more possible that they make, like FMA or HxH, a new adaption of the whole anime? Read that the end of Season 3 was not like the author wanted it, too. Can we then, at least, hope for that? I would buy the DVDs then and would be for the japanese market better, too. I am not a fan of different stuff in a series... -_- And what i most hate at the new style are the eyes. They looked amazing in the old style and now? Akenos eyes look like those of a grandma and like many ppl said, the whole crew looks younger.
Jan 15, 2018 7:34 AM
Mar 2015
Safir86 said:
Is it then more possible that they make, like FMA or HxH, a new adaption of the whole anime? Read that the end of Season 3 was not like the author wanted it, too. Can we then, at least, hope for that? I would buy the DVDs then and would be for the japanese market better, too. I am not a fan of different stuff in a series... -_- And what i most hate at the new style are the eyes. They looked amazing in the old style and now? Akenos eyes look like those of a grandma and like many ppl said, the whole crew looks younger.

I'm not too sure if they would remake the entire anime. After season 3 ended, the author actually retconned the series by writing a separate story that was included in the the Blu Rays, which "fixed" the timeline ( I think it established season 3 as a different timeline entirely, not too sure, haven't read it.).

Why would the author and the old studio go through all that trouble just to restart the entire series?

But I understand why everyone is upset about the art style change. I was also bothered by it, but I quickly got used to it after watching the PV multiple times. And I also read the light novels which has almost the exact same art style. What annoys me the most is that there are lots of people that are saying the anime is dead or is going to die after this season because of the art style change. Like really? At least what till a few of the episodes come out before saying something like that.

But whatever, I feel like many people would get used to the change when the anime actually comes out. Think about it, if the anime actually started off with the new art style and then changed to the old one, people would still be complaining. People are just used to the old one, and it will take some time getting used to the new style.
Jan 28, 2018 6:56 PM
Jan 2018
What the hell man the new art sucks if high school dxd is not made in the old art then there is no point in seeing it
Jan 30, 2018 10:22 AM
Jul 2017
Looks fine, but I prefer the old one.
Feb 3, 2018 3:48 AM

Mar 2011
I don't think that it's as bad as people make it out to be. I'm personally pretty happy with the change.
Feb 3, 2018 6:06 AM

Jan 2008
"The new art style is good"
Yeah, keep lying to yourself. > official art
https://yande.re/post/show/433329
Feb 4, 2018 10:13 AM
Mar 2015
GREW said:

I mean, according to other posts, the Japanese fan base were complaining about the old style being unappealing especially after 3 seasons, so the new studio changed it. Now, the Japanese fan base prefers the new style, so if they are happy then I’m happy. Because that just means there’s a better chance for the anime getting more seasons which I’m down for.
Feb 4, 2018 10:52 AM
Dec 2017
GREW said:
not that bad to be honest lol
Like the old art style os better but this one is still good and the echi scenes will be quite good
Feb 4, 2018 12:04 PM

Jan 2008
blueswizzle said:
GREW said:

I mean, according to other posts, the Japanese fan base were complaining about the old style being unappealing especially after 3 seasons, so the new studio changed it. Now, the Japanese fan base prefers the new style, so if they are happy then I’m happy. Because that just means there’s a better chance for the anime getting more seasons which I’m down for.

Japanese fans are not always right. Sure they are the main focus for them. They could use the mobage design. But that would be too much work. So we got now a futanari artist.

kirakiii said:
GREW said:
not that bad to be honest lol
Like the old art style os better but this one is still good and the echi scenes will be quite good

It's more a downgrade in details. Will be easier to animate and who knows how much they will cheap out. Like ecchi part only on BD. Or worse.
Feb 15, 2018 12:22 PM
Dec 2017
The new one is so ugly. We can see they change design because its more simply for them. We wait 3 fucking years to see some lazy authors. I am done with this shit. I would only see the three first seasons. Why change a really nice design who put them in the top manga ecchi. Ridiculous.
Feb 15, 2018 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
I don't know if I responded to this yet or not. Whatever, I'll answer.

I prefer the old style because that's what I'm used to when watching this show but I can't really say if the new style is good or bad just from looking at a still image. I will have to see it in action to have an opinion on it. But like I did with Fairy Tail when it switched studios from Satelight to Bridge and the style was way off to me, I'll get used to it. And if the anime continues to have the action and actual plot that it did in the first three seasons (I know people like the fanservice but this is the only harem anime that I know of that actually has a plot, not just boob and ass), then I won't even notice the animation style.
Feb 15, 2018 6:12 PM
Feb 2018
lol all of you are judging before that anime is realese. at least we happy and grateful this anime still continue.

because like you see sekirei must have be season3 but there is no hope that anime will be continue
Feb 16, 2018 4:43 PM
May 2017
I’m not a fan but as long as it stays the same story and va wise I’m g
Feb 17, 2018 6:17 AM
Feb 2018
NintendoSwitch12 said:
The new one is so ugly. We can see they change design because its more simply for them. We wait 3 fucking years to see some lazy authors. I am done with this shit. I would only see the three first seasons. Why change a really nice design who put them in the top manga ecchi. Ridiculous.
because the author wanted the characters to look more like the ln characters
Because the japanese audiance was thinking that the old art style is getting old
And because not every studio can replicate the same art style and the author changed the studio because the old studio wasn't adapting the story corectly
Feb 20, 2018 5:29 PM

Sep 2014
New art style looks poor. Generic moe shit.
Feb 27, 2018 5:17 AM
Feb 2018
New art is "BURIQ", but old art is best :v
Feb 27, 2018 6:11 AM

Oct 2015
I'll be fapping to cuter and moe DxD cast

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Mar 8, 2018 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
It's shit. Looks so generic and overly moe, like K-On with bigger tits. I don't care if it looks more like the light novel, LNs generally have shitty art in the first place.

blueswizzle said:
GREW said:

Why the hell does what Japan say immediately validate this new artstyle? I'm sorry but Japanese otaku are not Gods, I don't agree with most Japanese and I think that their average anime popularity pollings are complete trash.
removed-userMar 8, 2018 11:02 PM
Pages (11) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed???

LoliSenpai0x - Feb 25, 2019

45 by William12259 »»
Jan 18, 4:08 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

103 by Siertaren »»
Jan 12, 11:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.