Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for Fall 2018 [Update 3/8]

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 8, 2018 7:27 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, hey. Another isekai? That's a shocker. Will this be trash like Death March or the previous smart phone one, or is this the good isekai like Grimgar and Overlord?

Mar 8, 2018 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
News Update
The official site and twitter account opened today listing the main staff members for the light novel adaptation. A preview teaser visual and video has also been uploaded. The series is scheduled to premiere for Fall 2018.

Staff
Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi (IS: Infinite Stratos)
Assistant Director: Atsushi Nakayama (Comic Lucifer
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Black Clover
Character Design: Ebata Ryouma (Mahou Sensou)
Monster Design: Takahiro Kishida (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Music: Elements Garden (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Studio: 8-bit

PV

Source: Moca News
Stark700Mar 8, 2018 8:16 PM
Mar 8, 2018 8:26 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Lol that visual, cant really say something on the pv right now though
Mar 8, 2018 8:31 PM
Jul 2014
Mormegil said:
Oh, hey. Another isekai? That's a shocker. Will this be trash like Death March or the previous smart phone one, or is this the good isekai like Grimgar and Overlord?

This one's gonna be better than Death March and Smartphone for sure. I'm not that far into it tho, since I'm only on volume 2 of the manga.
Mar 9, 2018 1:48 AM
Mar 2012
Satou again?
Can't wait to watch an LN isekai adaptation with Lucifer plot dev and MahouSensou ending, Rewrite style CG and 8bit's beautiful trainwreck pacing, & add Asta screams for bonus points.
Mar 9, 2018 8:07 AM

Oct 2014
Stark700 said:
[...]
Update March 8
The official site and twitter account opened today listing the main staff members for the light novel adaptation. A preview teaser visual and video has also been uploaded. The series is scheduled to premiere for Fall 2018.

Staff
Director: Yasuhito Kikuchi (IS: Infinite Stratos)
Assistant Director: Atsushi Nakayama (Comic Lucifer
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Black Clover
Character Design: Ebata Ryouma (Mahou Sensou)
Monster Design: Takahiro Kishida (Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica)
Music: Elements Garden (Grisaia no Kajitsu)
Studio: 8-bit

PV

Source: Moca News

Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken on MAL

I am OK with that PV, but two things bother me quite a bit:

1. The narrator's voice... for some reason I don't like it.
2. WTF is with those "opened eyes"? I don't think that existed for either the LN or manga at it bothers me quite a bit. Frankly, it doesn't look too good.
Mar 9, 2018 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
tragedydesu said:
Why should every ln adaptation be a fucking harem ...

Anyway ,it's highly rated enough and popular to give it a try
VanishingKira said:
It's about time.

Still it's an isekai though so it's hard to have high expectations for this but I atleast hope it'll be somewhat decent or atleast above average considering how long this anime adaption has been anticipated.
grimgar of fantasy and ash! and soon goblin slayer :)

but yeah I feel you, and from the little I read of the manga, the slime dude becomes OP pretty early on, makes me very wary
Mar 9, 2018 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
Killaclown said:
tragedydesu said:
Why should every ln adaptation be a fucking harem ...

Anyway ,it's highly rated enough and popular to give it a try
VanishingKira said:
It's about time.

Still it's an isekai though so it's hard to have high expectations for this but I atleast hope it'll be somewhat decent or atleast above average considering how long this anime adaption has been anticipated.

but yeah I feel you, and from the little I read of the manga, the slime dude becomes OP pretty early on, makes me very wary

The main character of this series is "very strong" most of the time, but the MC here is rarely, if ever, "OP", at least if "OP" means "winning every battle" and "always being the strongest person around" to you.

I say that after having read about 2/3rd of the Web Novel version. And up until that point there are still quite a few characters who are stronger, one of which, has already appeard in the manga version and met the main character.
Mar 9, 2018 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
Grey-Zone said:
Killaclown said:

The main character of this series is "very strong" most of the time, but the MC here is rarely, if ever, "OP", at least if "OP" means "winning every battle" and "always being the strongest person around" to you.

I say that after having read about 2/3rd of the Web Novel version. And up until that point there are still quite a few characters who are stronger, one of which, has already appeard in the manga version and met the main character.
i was thinking more about how his "ability" is so OP
it reminds me a lot of the gamer and Re:monster, they may not be the strongest but it seems like its only a matter of time.... and if there is actually a harem that only makes the self-insert bait all the more obvious and off putting

Edit: all of which are also OP outside of battle
KillaclownMar 9, 2018 2:43 PM
Mar 9, 2018 2:54 PM

Oct 2014
Killaclown said:
Grey-Zone said:

it reminds me a lot of the gamer and Re:monster, they may not be the strongest but it seems like its only a matter of time.... and if there is actually a harem that only makes the self-insert bait all the more obvious and off putting

To put it into perspective:
It takes 2 entire arcs before the first significant female character even appears and one more arc for any female characters to actually... well, "join the party", though that's not quite right, but I don't want to give any spoilers. By the time the first female characters join the group of the protagonist, which are 2, there are already 8 or so male characters around the protagonist - and the characters get screentime rather fairly as well. I think anyone trying to frame this series as a harem is really pushing it.

Under those ridiculous standards of somehow wanting to frame a series as harem even if it's clearly not, just because of some set beliefs of how "isekai series have to be" or such BS, then we might as well call Death Note a "harem" because Light dated several girls off-screen and had somewhat a relationship with two girls.
Mar 9, 2018 3:17 PM

Jun 2011
Gellal23 said:
podetus said:

Harem tags get destroy by the lack of Pegu and Vegial ( They are more in debt to Rimuru than anything but you could consider this the first Slime's Harem anime )
well you see ,iirc im already @ chapter 110 and i dont see any harem here ? and he dont need a romantic relationship because rimuru is genderless
guy spent 37 years as a man, and obviously has a thing for women dont see why he cant have a harem
HueyLion said:
"a former 37-year-old human" rare to see a much older person as a MC of a isekai.
This could be interesting.
not that rare when they dont retain their body

Grey-Zone said:
Killaclown said:

To put it into perspective:
It takes 2 entire arcs before the first significant female character even appears and one more arc for any female characters to actually... well, "join the party", though that's not quite right, but I don't want to give any spoilers. By the time the first female characters join the group of the protagonist, which are 2, there are already 8 or so male characters around the protagonist - and the characters get screentime rather fairly as well. I think anyone trying to frame this series as a harem is really pushing it.

Under those ridiculous standards of somehow wanting to frame a series as harem even if it's clearly not, just because of some set beliefs of how "isekai series have to be" or such BS, then we might as well call Death Note a "harem" because Light dated several girls off-screen and had somewhat a relationship with two girls.
well as another user stated baka updates has the harem tag on it so im still a little skeptical there.... guess ill just read the manga real quick and see if its worth watching
Mar 9, 2018 4:14 PM

Oct 2014
Killaclown said:
well as another user stated baka updates has the harem tag on it so im still a little skeptical there.... guess ill just read the manga real quick and see if its worth watching

They are wrong, plain and simple. I think the people who decided to add that tag, misunderstood the kind of feelings the various characters have for the protagonist, specifically it's a mish-mash of friendship, loyalty, mascot treatment and idol worship.

In the first place, the protagonist is a SLIME and no amount of shapeshifting magic, tranformation items or the like can change that fact. If anyone ever actually had "more" feelings for this slime, they'd soon realize that it's but an empty dream.

Well this knowledge of mine only goes as far 2/3rds into the Web Novel, so there might be something then, but that so faaaar off in the future that there isn't even the slightest chance for the anime to get to that point and I think the manga is still a bit far away from the 1/3rd pont of the WN, so yea at least 2+ years until you get to the part I can no longer guarantee. But by then most characters are completely established, so if something like harem only started then, it would be an entirely different situation.

BTW, the reason why I didn't read further yet is because I am waiting for the TL to finish and then read it in bulk instead of waiting for irregular releases. Just 20 WN chapters or so left to be TLed.
Grey-ZoneMar 9, 2018 4:20 PM
Mar 9, 2018 7:34 PM

May 2010
NOOOO!!! I DON'T WANT THEM TO RUIN THIS NOVEL/MANGA!!!
Mar 13, 2018 9:41 PM
May 2012
I don't know who is the guy that said this is another harem story.. I think they have a problem with their head for sure.. I mean the MC is genderless and it's a slime.. and for the MC face when it's use shapeshifting ability, it's looks like a girl.. The MC sure is loved by it's companion but it's love between boss and subordinate (loyalty) or child for their parents, not love for couple you know..
Mar 14, 2018 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
the staff and studio makes me kinda worried about the adaptation but at least it's getting one! Finally! I'm so pumped for this!
Apr 10, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2015
kyaaaaa~ finally this got an anime!!! I've been reading the translations of the novel for years! I'll finally get to some shion jiggling ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 14, 2018 9:22 AM
Dec 2015
Unleashed_SM said:
Mormegil said:

This one's gonna be better than Death March and Smartphone for sure. I'm not that far into it tho, since I'm only on volume 2 of the manga.

Definitely better than those 2. It starts off as one of the better Isekais I've read, but it gets worse as it escalates too much too fast around chapter 100-ish of the LN (time travel stuff). The manga hasn't gotten that far I doubt the anime will get that far (or rather hope it doesn't montage the shit out of everything like K&M did)
Oct 2, 2018 1:56 PM
May 2017
Jagd84 said:
HueyLion said:
"a former 37-year-old human" rare to see a much older person as a MC of a isekai.
This could be interesting.

That's pretty common in isekai too. Doesn't save writing quality sadly, see Death March.

i have heard the the web novel and light novel of Death March is much better than the anime, due to the studio cutting out a lot of stuff, but i haven't read them, so i can't confirm the claim
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

51 by Jin_uzuki »»
6 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 3 hours ago

1 by deg »»
1 hour ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
Yesterday, 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.