Forum Settings
Forums

'Harumatsu Bokura' Shoujo Manga Gets Live-Action Film

New
Mar 7, 2018 6:34 PM
Jul 2018

An official website opened on Thursday revealing that Anashin's shoujo manga Harumatsu Bokura (Waiting For Spring) will receive a live-action film adaptation this Winter. The film will be directed by Yuuichirou Hirakawa (A LIFE) and Satoko Okazaki (Forget Me Not) will handle the script. Warner Bros. Japan will distribute the film.

Synopsis
Mizuki is a shy girl who's about to enter high school and vows to open herself up to new friendships. Of course, the four stars of the boys' basketball team weren't exactly the friends she had in mind! Yet, when they drop by the café where she works, the five quickly hit it off. Soon she's been accidentally thrust into the spotlight, targeted by jealous girls. And will she expand her mission to include ... love? (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Cast
Mitsuki Haruno: Tao Tsuchiya (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)
Towa Asakura: Takumi Kitamura (Kimi no Suizou wo Tabetai)
Aya Kamiyama: Yuuta Koseki (Donten ni Warau)
Rui Miyamoto: Yu Inaba (Kimi to Boku)
Kyousuke Wakamiya: Hayato Isomura (Fukumenkei Noise)
Ryuuji Tada: Yosuke Sugino (Kiseki Ano Hi no Sobito)

The manga has been serialized in Kodansha's Dessert magazine since February 2014 and has over 1.6 million copies of its eight compiled volumes in print. The ninth volume, which is scheduled to ship on March 13, will contain a drama CD with the limited edition. Kodansha Comics USA licensed the series in North America and plans to publish the fifth volume on March 27. The manga was nominated at the 41st Kodansha Manga Awards under the shoujo manga category last year.

Official site: http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/harumatsumovie/
Official Twitter: @harumatsumovie

Source: Comic Natalie
tsubasaloverMar 7, 2018 7:45 PM
Mar 7, 2018 6:47 PM

Nov 2007
Good for the fans to see Live Action. Stopped following this manga after it became just like another ordinary shoujo manga. It was so good in the beginning though. There was a time when I really wanted to see this animated but not anymore. Not after that stupid

Cannot rule out an anime however because it's Dessert's bestseller even though it's not half as good as Mairimashita, Senpai or Living no Matsunaga-san. And I don't want to mention Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi. Probably THE best shoujo manga right now on Dessert, Betsu Margaret and Betsu Friend the trio combined.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2018 6:52 PM
Jul 2018
Having only read around 6-7 chapters of the manga I think for a live action film, it works. It's not super amazing mind you but it's not the worst thing I've read. Well, enjoyed it nonetheless though.

Since Shoujo/SoL aren't that hard to adapt compared to action oriented Live Actions I think this will be fine given how the series is rather simple and just comedic. But, hey nice tho.
Mar 7, 2018 6:57 PM
Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
Good for the fans to see Live Action. Stopped following this manga after it became just like another ordinary shoujo manga. It was so good in the beginning though. There was a time when I really wanted to see this animated but not anymore. Not after that stupid

Cannot rule out an anime however because it's Dessert's bestseller even though it's not half as good as Mairimashita, Senpai or Living no Matsunaga-san. And I don't want to mention Boku to Kimi no Taisetsu na Hanashi. Probably THE best shoujo manga right now on Dessert, Betsu Margaret and Betsu Friend the trio combined.

You pretty much just said what I was going to say. I used to read this in the beginning but now it's just love triangle stuff that I feel should have been taken care of ages ago. Just yesterday I was talking to another friend about another shoujo manga that's been getting stale because of something like this too.

I would love for Mairimashita, Senpai, BokuKimi or Matsunaga-san to get an anime. Have you read Sakura to Sensei or Kimi to Wonderland? I highly recommend them.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 7, 2018 7:08 PM
Jul 2018
These actors look handsome, I think I will watch it. After all I wanted to read the manga since the start, but I hate reading ongoing manga.

shanimebib said:

What happened? This shoujo look good, I don’t want to waste my times if it’s going to turn a copy paste shoujo manga
Mar 7, 2018 7:38 PM

Nov 2007
@sevenPocky: What are the criterion for posting these kind of news? I am interested because the Live Action adaptation for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun wasn't posted in MAL news. I think it was Dessert's biggest announcement last year since the manga was a super hit and also had an anime adaptation.

phoenixalia said:
shanimebib said:

You pretty much just said what I was going to say. I used to read this in the beginning but now it's just love triangle stuff that I feel should have been taken care of ages ago. Just yesterday I was talking to another friend about another shoujo manga that's been getting stale because of something like this too.

I would love for Mairimashita, Senpai, BokuKimi or Matsunaga-san to get an anime. Have you read Sakura to Sensei or Kimi to Wonderland? I highly recommend them.

I read both of them but placed them on hold as you can see in the chapter discussion threads in MAL. Sakura to Sensei is one of those really sweet stories. I was thinking Wonderland would be a really sad manga because of you-know-what but it's actually a very fun manga and very unique as well. Not because of you-know-what but because of the MC. :)

I have enough complains about Bestu Margaret and Bestu Friend current serializations as well when I see P to JK and Omofuri selling 100s of thousands of copies when many other better manga hardly reaching 15~20K. :|

Yaoi-Senpai said:
What happened? This shoujo look good, I don’t want to waste my times if it’s going to turn a copy paste shoujo manga

Well, you'll probably will like it because

As for what happens,

The manga is full of bishies. I don't think there's another manga with better looking boys than this one. In a poll conducted last year, Asakura Towa was ranked 2nd most good-looking MC amongst fans in Japan after Matsunga-san from various ongoing shoujo manga from different magazines. Urgh. Now I probably will go and try to find the link for the poll.
Coronavirus.
Mar 7, 2018 8:15 PM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:

I am collecting the physical copies of the manga as I'm not reading it online and I really love it so far. Reading this is just really discouraging :|
Mar 7, 2018 8:21 PM
Mar 2010
Yaoi-Senpai said:
These actors look handsome, I think I will watch it. After all I wanted to read the manga since the start, but I hate reading ongoing manga.

shanimebib said:

I hope I don’t sound haughty here but, in my years of reading shoujo manga, I’ve found that more of the manga which have superb art tend to have less than super stories while those with OK art tend to have better stories.

I find this especially true for manga from Dessert or Betsufure. Anyway, I dropped it when it started getting stale where the main girl can’t seem to choose a guy.

But I think the live action will have a proper ending since it’s a movie, right?

@shanimebib
I stopped reading P to JK when I found myself finding the rival girl’s story much more engaging than the main girl’s story with the main guy.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 7, 2018 8:31 PM
Jul 2018
shanimebib said:
@sevenPocky: What are the criterion for posting these kind of news? I am interested because the Live Action adaptation for Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun wasn't posted in MAL news. I think it was Dessert's biggest announcement last year since the manga was a super hit and also had an anime adaptation.
You're not alone! Actually, I was surprised it wasn't posted too (I was unavailable in the span of its announcement and knew it a week late :<), but it might have been simply overlooked by the team *so much stuff's happening* Sorry about that. We're slowly covering more and more live-action announcements now (should be within the #750 popularity rank *standard*, could change, however) and most live-action announcement nowadays that don't get articles are posted through our Twitter, so check us out there too.

As usual, it really helps us if users submit news tips (through PMs) to us or write an article themselves (not copy paste, please!) so overlooked news isn't likely to happen. Anyway, thanks for bringing that up. :)
Mar 7, 2018 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
_Spectacled_ said:
shanimebib said:
Good for the fans to see Live Action. Stopped following this manga after it became just like another ordinary shoujo manga.

I am collecting the physical copies of the manga as I'm not reading it online and I really love it so far. Reading this is just really discouraging :|

Oh, no! You may love it so don't let my experience discourage you! There are so many stuff out there that I trash talk about but are loved by others! And it goes both ways. The manga is not bad. I just simply got tired of how the story kept on being dragged on and on and on. It became a bit frustrating for me even though I really looked forward to this manga every month until just a couple of months back. It's not a lost cause and I might read it again in the near future when a few more chapters are out. Right now, I just don't feel like reading it.

Just because I didn't enjoy how it was handled doesn't mean it will be the same for you. Since you read shoujo manga you should know that it's not very uncommon to have the story dragged on. As a matter of fact, it's not very uncommon for manga targeted for other demography. :)

@phoenixalia: it was the same reason why I stopped following TcLP even though I loved HnR.

@sevenPocky: I see. So, I guess I will PM or submit once I find something similar because I follow some magazines.
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:

Oh, no! You may love it so don't let my experience discourage you! There are so many stuff out there that I trash talk about but are loved by others! And it goes both ways. The manga is not bad. I just simply got tired of how the story kept on being dragged on and on and on. It became a bit frustrating for me even though I really looked forward to this manga every month until just a couple of months back. It's not a lost cause and I might read it again in the near future when a few more chapters are out. Right now, I just don't feel like reading it.

Just because I didn't enjoy how it was handled doesn't mean it will be the same for you. Since you read shoujo manga you should know that it's not very uncommon to have the story dragged on. As a matter of fact, it's not very uncommon for manga targeted for other demography. :)

Yeah, I'm pretty used to the common tropes in shoujo manga so I think I can tolerate it. Around which chapter did it start getting frustrating for you to read? Honestly, the love triangle doesn't really bother me lol
Mar 8, 2018 10:05 AM

Nov 2007
_Spectacled_ said:
shanimebib said:

Yeah, I'm pretty used to the common tropes in shoujo manga so I think I can tolerate it. Around which chapter did it start getting frustrating for you to read? Honestly, the love triangle doesn't really bother me lol

If love triangles don't bother you then it's actually all good. :)

I am okay with love triangles as well. But not the unnecessarily dragged out ones and when they pull off a random incident to fuel more drama. It starts to get a bit frustrating around early 30ish chapters. And I finally had it at chapter 39. It's one thing to binge read a manga and it's another to read a chapter a month with little to no progression. So, I placed it on hold for an indefinite time period.
Coronavirus.
Mar 8, 2018 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
shanimebib said:

If love triangles don't bother you then it's actually all good. :)

I am okay with love triangles as well. But not the unnecessarily dragged out ones and when they pull off a random incident to fuel more drama. It starts to get a bit frustrating around early 30ish chapters. And I finally had it at chapter 39. It's one thing to binge read a manga and it's another to read a chapter a month with little to no progression. So, I placed it on hold for an indefinite time period.

Thank you for your input :)! I think I'm gonna stick with it and see where the story goes. I'm not following it monthly so I guess that's why the pacing doesn't bother me.

More topics from this board

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Today

4 by MichaelJackson »»
14 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

71 by MichaelJackson »»
19 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
11 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.