Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 30, 2017 9:16 PM
Sep 2017
Prexsy said:
I wont get into much detail here, but basically the reason this anime will most likely not get a season 2 is because, well, Japan is pissed.

If you read the LN im sure youd be pissed as well, I am too. This anime could of been amazing, it had great potential which is why people hate the fact that they screwed it up. Let me explain a little.

The problem is the anime adaptation is like 100x worst than the LN. It feels like Lerche thought this anime was only getting 1 season so they kind of just... made the anime how he wants?

But lets get into why Japan is pissed. Basically they all are hating Horikita right now (especially after episode 7). Why? She's stealing every other female character's spotlight. Lets take episode 8 for example (I was really pissed this episide). I was happy today expecting to see some deveolpment between Ayanokoji and Ichinose (Class b girl). But no, instead we get more Horikita. Honestly she's starting to get annoying at this point. Not only me, but everyone in Japan was excited for this. Also, dont mind my all caps here, THEY DECIDED TO COMPLETELY TAKE OUT THE AYANOKOJI AND KARUIZAWA ARC! I was pissed. You remember the episide when Horikita gave that cringey ass speech? That episode was supposed to be for Ayanokoji and Karuizawa, but no lets just give it to Horikita. Those two were supposed to have an intimate and memorial moment but they completely left her out of it. I was really looking forward to that, and so was Japan. Theres more but ill end that there.

Next let talk about the annoying 3 stooges. Ya know Sudo and his 2 friends? Well they are getting too much screen time. All this screen time being wasted on them could be used for the MCs development. Ayanokoji is pretty much carrying this show right now, which wouldn't be happening if they didn't waste valuable screen time on these lame asses and Horikita and used it for Ayanokoji and the other female characters. Like what was the point of wasting 5 minutes watching Ike tell Kushida can he call her by her given name? All 3 of them are annoying characters that get to much screen time. I get it, Sudo is a hot headed fucker, you dont have to tell me every episode. I swear this anime could of been so much better.

Next is the fucking fanservice. There was one episode that felt like a damn ova. Just like the 3 stooges, fanservice is taking up too much valuable screen time. Every likes some fanservice if course, but not when its fucking the anime over. Anyone who can control their libido knows that.

Also, as you know, anime getting a next season depends on the producers and the sales in Japan. Welp, it aint looking too good. The sales were doing ok (not good not bad) but after the release of episode 7 and 8, the guys in Japan have been boycotting the BD reservations for this anime. They are completely pissed and expected a lot more out of this anime. Im pretty sure this wont get another season especially after I found out what hapoened in Japan.

To sum this up, Japan is pissed, they fucked the anime adaptation over, and the sales are starting to do bad in Japan now. I had very high hopes for this anime, but I'm very disappointed in Lerche.

This was typed on my phone so please excuse any spelling errors :p

If theres something I missed feel free to say so.

Oh my god you sound so right. Although it is a shame. I am going to check the Light novels since they are better.

However what is these "BD reservations", never heard that before?
Oct 1, 2017 1:43 AM

Sep 2013
I just finished season 1 of Welcome to the classroom fo the elite
I really liked its anime,
should I read Light novel from start as people are sayings its very bad adaptation of LN,
and what is the possibility of its having season 2?

and where do u read LN online? it will be my first light novel.
Oct 1, 2017 1:46 AM

Apr 2014
Is there even enough sufficient source material for it? The novel just started publishing in min 2015. Assuming it does, we can damn well likely not expect a third season at least.
Oct 1, 2017 9:40 AM

Dec 2012
tl;dr? I won't read your wall of text LUL

Oct 2, 2017 12:38 PM
Oct 2, 2017 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
Ha! Thank you for that, it's good to know the backstory of all of this. Now that you pointed that out, those were some of my problems as well. Ayanokoji alone basically made this show worth it to me. Lerche really did not use their time wisely and gave too much attention to Horikita and the three fuckers, I agree.

It's shame that they skipped some important content and inserted Horikita when she wasn't supposed to be in the scene! I felt like the show had a lot of potential, but I guess the anime fucked it up. Reading what went on in the LN definitely makes me a bit disappointed!

I will say though, I had a really fun time watching this anime. I wasn't really aware of the changes to the source till now.

Hirugiku said:
Thanks for sharing all that, even if i kinda knew most of it before.
There is also that image which is HILARIOUS

Haha that is awesome.
LoomyTheBrewOct 2, 2017 4:22 PM
Oct 5, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2016
So the point is LN is better than the anime.

Go read the LN.
Oct 5, 2017 3:28 PM
Oct 2017
Watching this without expectations and a open mind would be good. I didnt read the LN so I didnt have no idea about the anime. This anime being not much like other school animes is a given factor on why I liked it so much. The last ep really threw me off so for those dropping the anime you should really finish through, it is only 12 episodes after all. Regardless I enjoyed the anime and would watch if there was a 2nd season, as this was a adaptation to a LN you cant expect it to be how you want.Not thoroughly an anime but an advert to buy the LN, Cmon guys you should knkw this by now
Oct 5, 2017 7:22 PM

May 2011
So it wasn't a faithful adaption? Hmm, maybe that's why it didn't turn out that bad, lol.

I kinda miss the old days where anime producers weren't pressured into making cut paste adaptions. We had way better anime back then. Not saying all anime shouldn't be faithful to the source, but I also think it depends on the source and how well it can be adapted into anime. And considering how this was a light novel adaption, I'd say it was probably a necessity for liberties to be taken to ensure higher quality. Otherwise, it'd be just another generic LN adaption. And while I don't think this anime was anything amazing, it was still highly enjoyable.
Oct 8, 2017 1:55 PM
May 2011
what a fucking disaster of a show

it started off so well and then it slowly spiraled into shit
Oct 8, 2017 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
saccharin said:

I couldn't agree more. It had an incredible premise, grounded dialog ("I ain't gonna fake-date you!") and many directions to go to, but ever since the stupid pool episode they turned it into a stupid reality show in anime form. The last minute of the season was promising though, if they go for another season I sure as hell hope they just forget everything about the second half of this one.
Oct 8, 2017 2:08 PM
May 2011
Morshay said:
saccharin said:

I couldn't agree more. It had an incredible premise, grounded dialog ("I ain't gonna fake-date you!") and many directions to go to, but ever since the stupid pool episode they turned it into a stupid reality show in anime form. The last minute of the season was promising though, if they go for another season I sure as hell hope they just forget everything about the second half of this one.

fucccccccccccccck holy fuck I didn't want a half cour on fucking ANIME SURVIVOR

Oct 17, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2017
RevyHolixx said:
I don't need season 2 of this shitty show.

I agree but rather, a different producer or studio should do a remake of it to fix what was everything wrong that Lerche did
"The cycle of life continues. They will live, they will die"
Oct 17, 2017 8:39 AM

Jun 2017
Prexsy said:
I wont get into much detail here, but basically the reason this anime will most likely not get a season 2 is because, well, Japan is pissed.

If you read the LN im sure youd be pissed as well, I am too. This anime could of been amazing, it had great potential which is why people hate the fact that they screwed it up. Let me explain a little.

The problem is the anime adaptation is like 100x worst than the LN. It feels like Lerche thought this anime was only getting 1 season so they kind of just... made the anime how he wants?

But lets get into why Japan is pissed. Basically they all are hating Horikita right now (especially after episode 7). Why? She's stealing every other female character's spotlight. Lets take episode 8 for example (I was really pissed this episide). I was happy today expecting to see some deveolpment between Ayanokoji and Ichinose (Class b girl). But no, instead we get more Horikita. Honestly she's starting to get annoying at this point. Not only me, but everyone in Japan was excited for this. Also, dont mind my all caps here, THEY DECIDED TO COMPLETELY TAKE OUT THE AYANOKOJI AND KARUIZAWA ARC! I was pissed. You remember the episide when Horikita gave that cringey ass speech? That episode was supposed to be for Ayanokoji and Karuizawa, but no lets just give it to Horikita. Those two were supposed to have an intimate and memorial moment but they completely left her out of it. I was really looking forward to that, and so was Japan. Theres more but ill end that there.

Next let talk about the annoying 3 stooges. Ya know Sudo and his 2 friends? Well they are getting too much screen time. All this screen time being wasted on them could be used for the MCs development. Ayanokoji is pretty much carrying this show right now, which wouldn't be happening if they didn't waste valuable screen time on these lame asses and Horikita and used it for Ayanokoji and the other female characters. Like what was the point of wasting 5 minutes watching Ike tell Kushida can he call her by her given name? All 3 of them are annoying characters that get to much screen time. I get it, Sudo is a hot headed fucker, you dont have to tell me every episode. I swear this anime could of been so much better.

Next is the fucking fanservice. There was one episode that felt like a damn ova. Just like the 3 stooges, fanservice is taking up too much valuable screen time. Every likes some fanservice if course, but not when its fucking the anime over. Anyone who can control their libido knows that.

Also, as you know, anime getting a next season depends on the producers and the sales in Japan. Welp, it aint looking too good. The sales were doing ok (not good not bad) but after the release of episode 7 and 8, the guys in Japan have been boycotting the BD reservations for this anime. They are completely pissed and expected a lot more out of this anime. Im pretty sure this wont get another season especially after I found out what hapoened in Japan.

To sum this up, Japan is pissed, they fucked the anime adaptation over, and the sales are starting to do bad in Japan now. I had very high hopes for this anime, but I'm very disappointed in Lerche.

I agree. The anime was like a Live action or Death note Netflix. It'be better if they remake the anime on how it was supposed to be. I wish Lerche didn't produced Classroom of the elite. Some other studios could have make it better. White Fox or J.C Staff or some good studio should have produced Classroom of the elite.
Oct 17, 2017 4:13 PM
Dec 2015
I have to be honest, the writer in me feels it's a touch insulting to the author of this series when they made changes that weren't needed. It's like putting ketchup on a steak.
I'm not just a Tsundere, I am THE Tsundere.
Oct 18, 2017 1:52 AM

Jun 2017
Driugen said:
I have to be honest, the writer in me feels it's a touch insulting to the author of this series when they made changes that weren't needed. It's like putting ketchup on a steak.

I like your metaphor
Oct 20, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2011
Unless this receives a second season which it almost definitely won't the short haired girl's "dark" side effectively was just a cheap means of showing "hey we're not like every other school LN." Only as a mean to hook viewers who were already on the fast track to bordem.
Oct 23, 2017 11:11 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Yall are crying too much. So the anime focused a lot on Horikita the most, but I feel like they showcased the other girls for a good amount too. There were no real important girl that was neglected.

Horikita was focused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the anime that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

The camping further developed between Ayanokoji and Horikita and was the right path. Ichinose had good screentime, and she was there when Class D needed help from start to end. Great character. Ayanokoji was done perfectly!

As I finished the anime, I find the anime only got even more likeable, better, and interesting, from 9 to 10. Only thing could be complained was Sudo didn't really learn his lesson, but some people never learn. For all the complaints, I think it's just stupid.

Lerche did a fantastic job and now my most favorite studio! Their art is really one of my favorites too, cute and pretty characters !!! SEASON 2 IS WHAT I WANT !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 24, 2017 1:02 AM

Jun 2017
Gaiking said:
Yall are crying too much. So the focused a lot on Horikita the most, but I feel like they showcased the other girls for a good amount too. There were no real important girl that was neglected.

Horikita was fojavascript:void(0);cused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

The camping further developed between Ayanokoji and Horikita and was the right path. Ichinose had good screentime, and she was there when Class D needed help from start to end. Great character. Ayanokoji was done perfectly!

As I finished the , I find the only got even more likeable, better, and interesting, from 9 to 10. Only thing could be complained was Sudo didn't really learn his lesson, but some people never learn. For all the complaints, I think it's just stupid.

Lerche did a fantastic job and now my most favorite studio! Their art is really one of my favorites too, cute and pretty characters !!! SEASON 2 IS WHAT I WANT !!!!!

You clearly need to read the light novel but the translated ones are only volume 1 and half of volume 2. AND LERCHE DIDN'T DO A FANTASTIC JOB ON THE ADAPATION EXCEPT THE MUSIC AND ART/VISUALS. TRY TO READ THE SOURCE OF THE BEFORE COMPLAINING. LERCHE CUT SO MANY SCENES THAT WAS IMPORTANT IN THE ANIME AND JUST WENT FULL HORIKITA ON US. KARUIZAWA IS ALSO IMPORTANT.

BrendanKUOct 24, 2017 1:07 AM
Oct 24, 2017 1:15 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BrendanKU said:
Gaiking said:
Yall are crying too much. So the anime focused a lot on Horikita the most, but I feel like they showcased the other girls for a good amount too. There were no real important girl that was neglected.

Horikita was fojavascript:void(0);cused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the anime that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

As I finished the anime, I find the anime only got even more likeable, better, and interesting, from 9 to 10. Only thing could be complained was Sudo didn't really learn his lesson, but some people never learn. For all the complaints, I think it's just stupid.

You clearly need to read the light novel but the translated ones are only volume 1 and half of volume 2. AND LERCHE DIDN'T DO A FANTASTIC JOB ON THE ADAPATION EXCEPT THE MUSIC AND ART/VISUALS. TRY TO READ THE SOURCE OF THE ANIME BEFORE COMPLAINING. LERCHE CUT SO MANY SCENES THAT WAS IMPORTANT IN THE ANIME AND JUST WENT FULL HORIKITA ON US.

I do not need to read the light novel if that's the route it takes. I COMPLETELY SUPPORT LERCHE'S CHANGES. ARE YOU DENSE? I'm not complaining about the anime, but there's a problem with you LN readers.

張大です for 張大勇督察
Oct 24, 2017 2:09 AM

Jun 2017
Gaiking said:
BrendanKU said:

You clearly need to read the light novel but the translated ones are only volume 1 and half of volume 2. AND LERCHE DIDN'T DO A FANTASTIC JOB ON THE ADAPATION EXCEPT THE MUSIC AND ART/VISUALS. TRY TO READ THE SOURCE OF THE ANIME BEFORE COMPLAINING. LERCHE CUT SO MANY SCENES THAT WAS IMPORTANT IN THE ANIME AND JUST WENT FULL HORIKITA ON US.

I do not need to read the light novel if that's the route it takes. I COMPLETELY SUPPORT LERCHE'S CHANGES. ARE YOU DENSE? I'm not complaining about the anime, but there's a problem with you LN readers.

.......Didn't I told you that he tried to rape Karuizawa so she can show her true colors, and he's not really going to rape her. I'n also not dense. You wouldn't understand cuz you haven't read it yet. I'm not the only one angry, fans from japan is also angry and so is the others who have read it yet
Oct 24, 2017 2:25 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BrendanKU said:
Gaiking said:

.......Didn't I told you that he tried to rape Karuizawa so she can show her true colors, and he's not really going to rape her. I'n also not dense. You wouldn't understand cuz you haven't read it yet. I'm not the only one angry, fans from japan is also angry and so is the others who have read it yet
And I'm saying he won't rape or pretend rape anyone, I cannot believe his character would use this kind of method, he takes a very subtle approach. Even when Sudo was getting ass beat by Ryuuen, Ayanokoji only stood there and watched. Karuizawa to me seems like a girl that hangs around and easily has a BOYFRIEND with her cute looks and being sassy. She does not seem like a bullied girl like Sakura, which is why I don't know you lot are angry. I think Karuizawa is an important girl too. In no way do I feel she is downplayed in the anime, and I'm sure there are more ways to give them interaction, but as a CLASS like what is happening in the anime right now. It is more natural like this. Have you watched Assassination Classroom?
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 15, 2017 11:58 AM
Sep 2017
BrendanKU said:
Prexsy said:

I agree. The anime was like a Live action or Death note Netflix. It'be better if they remake the anime on how it was supposed to be. I wish Lerche didn't produced Classroom of the elite. Some other studios could have make it better. White Fox or J.C Staff or some good studio should have produced Classroom of the elite.

Yeah usually JC Staff and White Fox know how to adapt Light novels better than most other anime studios but it really depends on the writer and director.
Dec 16, 2017 5:47 PM

Jan 2017
Gaiking said:
BrendanKU said:

And I'm saying he won't rape or pretend rape anyone, I cannot believe his character would use this kind of method, he takes a very subtle approach. Even when Sudo was getting ass beat by Ryuuen, Ayanokoji only stood there and watched. Karuizawa to me seems like a girl that hangs around and easily has a BOYFRIEND with her cute looks and being sassy. She does not seem like a bullied girl like Sakura, which is why I don't know you lot are angry. I think Karuizawa is an important girl too. In no way do I feel she is downplayed in the anime, and I'm sure there are more ways to give them interaction, but as a CLASS like what is happening in the anime right now. It is more natural like this. Have you watched Assassination Classroom?

A little late but he does indeed ''pretend to rape'' her as a method to show her true colors, also, as the guy above said, she is not really dating Hirata, they're just pretending to date, she was bullied in middle school and even has a scar in her body, in the last volume she did overcame her trauma just to protect Ayano's identity as the one behind the scenes in class D. She is also the closest person to him(Sakura is second).

Volume 4 is already translated and the short stories of all volumes too.

Now changing the topic, a guy in anime suki posted this:

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1513415139912.jpg

Cover of volume 7.5
Dec 16, 2017 5:50 PM

Jun 2017
CloudACC said:
Gaiking said:

A little late but he does indeed ''pretend to rape'' her as a method to show her true colors, also, as the guy above said, she is not really dating Hirata, they're just pretending to date, she was bullied in middle school and even has a scar in her body, in the last volume she did overcame her trauma just to protect Ayano's identity as the one behind the scenes in class D. She is also the closest person to him(Sakura is second).

Cover of volume 7.5

Can you give me a link to vol 4?
Dec 16, 2017 6:48 PM

Jan 2017
BrendanKU said:
CloudACC said:

Cover of volume 7.5

Can you give me a link to vol 4?

Here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzJEgqplcpl-dlp5VW5QeUJOaE0

It's not a perfect translation, but we need to be grateful that we at least can read it.
Dec 30, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2017
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dec 30, 2017 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
I really wanted for this anime to be good, like A LOT. But, as you said, a lot of things were wrong with the anime...

I haven't read the LN yet, and I'll wait for it to be all out as I don't have the patience to wait for the volumes of an anime that was a disappointment.
If what people say is true, that the anime is incredibly different, I rather for it not to get a season 2 as it would be just a waste of time.
Jan 14, 2018 4:18 PM

Sep 2016
From the sound of things, it seems the novel is all harem whereas the anime isn't.
So actually the director made the right choice in replacing the girls with Horikita, stopping it from being another generic harem.
Not that it actually matter mind you, this whole anime/novel is full of bullshit ideas anyway. I'm glad it's only 12 episodes so I don't have to sit through this shit.

🔥You're looking at someone🔥

🔥Who is superior to you🔥

🔥You have my permission to🔥

🔥Bask in my glow🔥

Jan 14, 2018 5:08 PM

Jan 2017
HistoricGamer46 said:
From the sound of things, it seems the novel is all harem whereas the anime isn't.
So actually the director made the right choice in replacing the girls with Horikita, stopping it from being another generic harem.
Not that it actually matter mind you, this whole anime/novel is full of bullshit ideas anyway. I'm glad it's only 12 episodes so I don't have to sit through this shit.

Nah, it's not a harem man, only girls that have actual romantic feelings for Ayanokoji are Karuizawa, Sakura and Satou(although her crush on him is not really love, I bet she would jump to Hirata the moment he is single), director made the worst choice by focusing on Horikita he basically cut the initial interactions between Ayanokoji and Ichinose, which made many go ''When the fuck did they become friends?" when she asked him to be her fake boyfriend and replaced her with Horikita when threatening the Class C guys with the cameras(which also made no sense, why would the guys believe two students from Class D? It's way more credible with someone from Class B together)

Episode 7 was also another disaster, in the novel they use it to actually develop Ayanokoji's and Karuizawa's relationship(not romantic by the way), but no, the anime focused too much on the stupid plan the boys had and on that awful speech Horikita gave, something that brought the attention of the other classes to her, making Class D choose her to be the one to put her name on the card completely stupid when in the novel she was off the radar.

The author also has really good ideas that are flashed out and used in better way in the novels, he also breaks many Light novel tropes, making a mob character like Karuizawa rise to the status of Heroine and the closest person to Ayanokoji.

So summarizing everything, The anime is OK at best, the novels are a thousand times better.
Jan 15, 2018 12:03 AM
Jul 2015
halovn113 said:
solomon585858 said:
From what I saw in anime Karuizawa's role is to be lovestruck girlfriend of that smart dude from class D. Seems to me there is not much that can be developed between Ayanokoji and her. Don't get why people are upset about not giving her more important role.

She's very important girl later start from vol 4. She's the girl Ayanokiji trusts the most and willing protect her. Not only that, she's one of 3 girls have confirm has romantic feeling to Ayanokiji. And more important is she the closest person + only person know Ayanokiji dark side and working for him directly. That's why LN reader love her.
Maybe she like main heroine more than Horikita in the lastest volume because her position and role right now.
About the class rep. Well, they're just a fake couple.
But they adapt her story aka pool story in ep 7 TOO SOON (because it's after vol 4) and replace her role/ line to Horikita.

3 Girls liking the MC ??? Yikes !! I hate harems, so I'm glad that the Anime focuses more on Ayanokouji-Horikita and let Hirata have Kei Karuizawa. I love how Lerche made this change as it is literally trying to send a message to the Author of the LN that there are too many harems in LNs, so there should be more Animes where a 2nd guy gets his own girl and not have more than 2 girls liking the MC.

Harems are totally bullshit, so there should be more LNs with Multiple Couples instead where other male character's romance subplots are also depicted too other than the MC's own.
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jan 15, 2018 10:00 AM

Jan 2017
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
halovn113 said:

She's very important girl later start from vol 4. She's the girl Ayanokiji trusts the most and willing protect her. Not only that, she's one of 3 girls have confirm has romantic feeling to Ayanokiji. And more important is she the closest person + only person know Ayanokiji dark side and working for him directly. That's why LN reader love her.
Maybe she like main heroine more than Horikita in the lastest volume because her position and role right now.
About the class rep. Well, they're just a fake couple.
But they adapt her story aka pool story in ep 7 TOO SOON (because it's after vol 4) and replace her role/ line to Horikita.

3 Girls liking the MC ??? Yikes !! I hate harems, so I'm glad that the Anime focuses more on Ayanokouji-Horikita and let Hirata have Kei Karuizawa. I love how Lerche made this change as it is literally trying to send a message to the Author of the LN that there are too many harems in LNs, so there should be more Animes where a 2nd guy gets his own girl and not have more than 2 girls liking the MC.

Harems are totally bullshit, so there should be more LNs with Multiple Couples instead where other male character's romance subplots are also depicted too other than the MC's own.

Nah, Lerche didn't make this change to send a message to the author, they made it because Hashimoto, one of the directors of the anime is a Horikita fanboy, and 2 girls loving the MC with a third one having a small crush on him(a crush that might disappear if Hirata becomes single again) does not make the novel a harem one, also, Hirata is not really dating Karuizawa, they are just faking it.

My suggestion would be to at least read volume 1 and 2 to see how much better the anime would be if Lerche actually stayed faithful to the source material.
Jan 20, 2018 2:49 AM
Aug 2015
I dont know why but I like the protagonist with didnt minded personality and genius like Ayanokouji and of course a lil bit harem there lol. I need to watching more anime like this show.
Feb 11, 2018 2:00 PM

May 2013
Damn it! I was actually hoping for a season 2 after I saw just how interesting the MC happened to be.
Feb 17, 2018 4:46 AM
Sep 2017
BrendanKU said:
Gaiking said:

You're really dense, dude.
Feb 24, 2018 9:41 AM
Feb 2018
The reason why this anime will probably not get season 2....because anime is big fault..
That's why BD sales are very bad..
Japanese didn't like anime version that much, many of them canceled BD after eps 7 came out.
Fans getting angry and protest to the director about the replacement scenes.

Compared to the LN? Light novel started from vol 7 always topped Oricon books weekly.. And already sold 1,8 million copies (volume 7.5 still not counted)
The sales especially boosted after the story covered Karuizawa big arc rooftop events. It is also thanks to her popularity the resale of past volume novel also got soared to 10x normal price. Up to the latest volume, Karuizawa is the only stronger heroine. (Karuizawa one of the reason who can made things went like ; BD cancelling, fans protesting and boosting light novel sales)

You guys and me who commenting here not even buying one single BD which can help anime studio income, that's the problem.

I guess that's that. Anime fans get what they want. They think Horikita is the only one main heroine. Even tho the ending of the anime is a cliffhanger didn't explain anything about their further relationship.
While light novel readers, as this one is also the original works of the author, they knew who the true heroine was. They knew who's the closest and the most trusted person to Ayanokoji. In the end of the latest volume Ayanokoji even think his relationship with Karuizawa might go beyond friendship someday.

I personally don't want season 2--even tho the original story is getting more better and better--if the anime kept on replacing heroine roles. I think the use of heroine can affect the storyline. Besides, Karuizawa really has important role to the story. Even her existence is important to Ayanokoji character development.
I mean Youjitsu became really interesting after the Ayanokoji vs Ryuuen duel. And one of the things that triggered Ayanokoji went 65% was Karuizawa. I can't imagine if her role being replaced again. Like seriously
Feb 24, 2018 11:32 PM
Feb 2018
Just wnna say one things...pls release season 2 lerche
Mar 29, 2018 4:09 AM

Dec 2013
This show was successful in doing what it set out to do: Sell their LN. I'll admit that I'm sold on it and really want to read it now. Ayanokoji absolutely saved this show (even if people say he's better in the LN). He was still so badass in the anime alone. This is actually one of the few animes where I'll actually be content without another season because I fear they will butcher the series even more. Judging from the minor spoilers regarding the main heroine role, it sucks that the producer had to be biased. I'll be sticking with the LN then and do thank the anime for introducing the series to me even if it was not as great as it could have been.
Apr 19, 2018 6:40 PM

Jun 2017
I want to read the LN, I don't need a shitty season 2 of the anime unless they remake it WITH KARUIZAWA MOMENTS AND NOT FCKING WHOREKITA
May 8, 2018 12:20 PM
Dec 2013
As someone who haven't read the LN, this show is awesome. I became interested in reading the LN due to how good this anime is. Here's my 2 cents:

The aim of the studio must have been to entice people like me who had no idea what happened in the LN into watching and liking the series so that the LNs would sell better. And imo they succeeded in that aspect (at least for me. Idk about actual sales numbers).

As I read in one of the posts here, if the number of LN readers exceeded those who haven't read the LN, then the studio made the wrong decision to modify things here and there.

To be fair, if what many people claim that the LN is a masterpiece, then it truly is disappointing, as I could have enjoyed the series more. But until the claim is made known to people who watch anime but doesn't read novels (which most probably would be after they watch the anime and loved the anime and went to forums to check more info), I see no reason for the anime to be heavily bashed by them. Well, it kind of disappoints me when the source material isn't adopted exactly. But as someone who watches anime first, I won't feel disappointment until I read the source materials and decided upon that it was better than the anime.

Not a Horikita fan here btw (Honami ship all the way!!).

If what the original post says is factual, then I'd agree on his hypothesis of high probability of having no seasons 2 and beyond. Content-wise however, even if I only considee the anime, this show definitely deserves more seasons.

Will definitely read the LNs soon.
CrazyDude9May 8, 2018 12:24 PM
May 11, 2018 4:46 PM
Nov 2017
rainyrainbow said:
The reason why this anime will probably not get season 2....because anime is big fault..
That's why BD sales are very bad..
Japanese didn't like anime version that much, many of them canceled BD after eps 7 came out.
Fans getting angry and protest to the director about the replacement scenes.

Compared to the LN? Light novel started from vol 7 always topped Oricon books weekly.. And already sold 1,8 million copies (volume 7.5 still not counted)
The sales especially boosted after the story covered Karuizawa big arc rooftop events. It is also thanks to her popularity the resale of past volume novel also got soared to 10x normal price. Up to the latest volume, Karuizawa is the only stronger heroine. (Karuizawa one of the reason who can made things went like ; BD cancelling, fans protesting and boosting light novel sales)

You guys and me who commenting here not even buying one single BD which can help anime studio income, that's the problem.

I guess that's that. Anime fans get what they want. They think Horikita is the only one main heroine. Even tho the ending of the anime is a cliffhanger didn't explain anything about their further relationship.
While light novel readers, as this one is also the original works of the author, they knew who the true heroine was. They knew who's the closest and the most trusted person to Ayanokoji. In the end of the latest volume Ayanokoji even think his relationship with Karuizawa might go beyond friendship someday.

I personally don't want season 2--even tho the original story is getting more better and better--if the anime kept on replacing heroine roles. I think the use of heroine can affect the storyline. Besides, Karuizawa really has important role to the story. Even her existence is important to Ayanokoji character development.
I mean Youjitsu became really interesting after the Ayanokoji vs Ryuuen duel. And one of the things that triggered Ayanokoji went 65% was Karuizawa. I can't imagine if her role being replaced again. Like seriously

Sorry to say this, while you are right about the BD sales , The main objective of the anime was so people will buy the light novel and it worked, that's what it has been always, who knows maybe the author and the publisher company of the light novel even happened to fund the anime studio, It happens all the time.

May 18, 2018 3:58 PM
May 2018
Plist S2 on going on 2018
May 19, 2018 1:06 AM
Feb 2009
I haven't read the novel but I can say this:
There is a difference between 3 girls liking the MC for a good reason
and everyone liking him for no reason and wanting his babyies.
May 19, 2018 1:34 AM

Apr 2017
why not those japanese including u bulk create mal accounts and add kuruizawa to your faves, at least let the "best girl" reach 600 faves to get near horikita

still life: pink roses
Aug 13, 2018 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Well, the production seems won't make season 2 from the start and wont care about the boycott or all the hate.

The one who truly hurt is the one who only watch the anime without read the source and hoping for season 2
May 14, 2019 4:04 PM

Feb 2018
It's unfortunate when all of that is good.
May 19, 2019 12:06 AM
Dec 2017
iamYuyaSakaki said:

Horikita was focused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the anime that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

Dude you are one of the guys who understand the worth of this Studio. Granted that they didn't execute it well but the anime was an eye candy in general. Even though it was off point, I believe it was way better than most of the anime's coming out now a days...I have bought the English translation and read it, it's quite good and BUT I think that the anime has a charm of its own. I mean just look at the graphics, music, character design, they are flawless for me.
People speaking ill of the studio's should remember that it is the studio That made Assassination Classroom and Scums Wish. And in general I wouldn't mind waiting for the next season for the next 5 years to be true...in the mean time I will collect and read the LN .
People should watch Look anime's such as Tokyo Ghoul Re Season 2 and then they will come to know the horror of a poor adaptation for lovely manga😢(tbh it was my favourite manga till now but the anime ruined my mood) so appreciating is more important than criticising.👍🏻
May 19, 2019 10:28 PM
Nov 2018
I didn't know veru much about this but, as far I see this anime can't get season 2 cause eps 7. Why would you bring down the anime cause only 1 eps? I know there is other reason but mostly people hate this anime cause of this reason. Because of you, you lost a change to see other 12 eps. I'm very sure the seacond 2 will fix this but now it's almost impossible
May 23, 2019 10:02 PM
Apr 2019
Is seems like some people here only focused to eps 7 as the reason. Well, I likes Karuizawa, especially when she didn't betray Ayanokouji and reveal his existense even after Ryuuen mocked, bullied, and revealed to her that she is being manipulated by Ayanokouji ever since the beginning.

But this anime can't be said bad just because episode 7 onwards. This anime is based on the first three volumes, where Horikita is still very important (she isn't really that important since volume 4). While I hate it very much when episode 7 is different from the LN, you should realized that episode is based on volume 4.5 (just a compilation of many stories).

They can fix this anime if Horikita is cast asided in 2nd season, and instead focus to other female characters.
May 26, 2019 11:57 AM
Dec 2015
Well, about the swimming pool episode, the only idea i can think is
"Those 3 guys, they are doing it again"
And BOOOOMM... You get a real episode based from the LN vol 4,5
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

234 by XokoKnight »»
Today, 5:32 AM

» Why that dramatic tho

kingsley_017 - Yesterday

2 by Theo1899 »»
Yesterday, 3:58 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

524 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

208 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 10, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

168 by Alex_TheForest »»
Apr 7, 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.