Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2018 5:03 AM
Jul 2018
The 11th weekly issue of this year's Kodansha's Weekly Shounen Magazine has announced that manga Fuuka by Kouji Seo will end in seven chapters. With regular weekly releases, the final chapter is expected to release on the 17th issue, which will go on sale on March 28 this year.

The author began Fuuka seven years after its 18-volume prequel manga Suzuka ended, which was serialized in the magazine from 2004 to 2007. The first chapter was published in February 2014 and Kodansha has released 18 compiled manga volumes for the series with the latest released on November 17 last year (cover pictured). The music drama manga has spawned a TV anime adaptation by Diomedea in Winter 2017 for a total of 12 episodes.

Kodansha Comics USA has licensed the manga digitally in English and is scheduled to release the 16th volume this month. Crunchyroll has also been publishing the series online since April 2014.

Source: Mantan Web
Feb 14, 2018 5:06 AM

Jul 2015
Good riddance hehe
Feb 14, 2018 5:07 AM

Apr 2016
And here i thought that the manga ended with the truck-kun.
Feb 14, 2018 6:08 AM
Mar 2010
It's kind of sad how many people remember this manga for Truck-kun.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Feb 14, 2018 6:28 AM

Jan 2015
ill miss it, fuuka manga did a lot to me. And dont take it wrong, anime did a lot as well, but in other direction. It was my first anime where i legitimately wanted to puke, obviously after that, there were even worse anime that i watched, but Fuuka was the first. I hate Diomedia >_<
Feb 14, 2018 6:34 AM

Dec 2015
Oh? I'm happy to hear that, good riddance.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 14, 2018 6:38 AM

May 2013
Can't wait for Seo's next monstrosity to be announced

Feb 14, 2018 7:16 AM
Jan 2017
Im starting to feel empty, after hearing this news. To read Fuuka has been a part of my weekly schedule.
Feb 14, 2018 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
I never thought that removing Truck-kun would destroy the adaptation, but it happened. It's a pity, this work had some potential.
Feb 14, 2018 7:51 AM

Mar 2012
They better bring back Truck-kun on the last chapter or else.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 14, 2018 8:11 AM
May 2017
Some one please give me a hug , i am so sad right now , i might cry at night ! its my all time favorite manga and i dont want it to end T_T its just feels soooo empty i am sobbing !
i knew it was coming but not this fast Why Seo Sensei why , I hate that man !
Feb 14, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2012
About damn time KOUJIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Feb 14, 2018 8:26 AM

Feb 2015
Feb 14, 2018 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
About time honestly.

This series should of ended it sooner.
Feb 14, 2018 9:18 AM

Apr 2009
Good bloody riddance.

Next up: A shitty KNIM sequel featuring Haruto's and Eba's kids?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 14, 2018 9:25 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
_Ako_ said:
:thinking:

To watch the anime or to read the manga?

Read the manga. The anime is very average

Feb 14, 2018 9:41 AM

Feb 2015
Pipe said:
_Ako_ said:
:thinking:

To watch the anime or to read the manga?

Okay, I'll watch the anime, the trainwreak leans there....
Feb 14, 2018 9:43 AM

Jan 2013
About time this painful read ended. Seo really disappointed with this one. He should make another sports/romance series
Feb 14, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:
Pipe said:

It was good knowing you, RIP Ako.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 14, 2018 9:55 AM

Jan 2015
Ventris said:
Can't wait for Seo's next monstrosity to be announced

following the pattern, it will probly be the sequel to town where you live
Feb 14, 2018 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
Surprised a manga without the titular character went on so long. Seo's stuff is not my thing, but I could imagine the heartbreak and frustration fans must have felt. Makes me kinda angry too.
Feb 14, 2018 11:59 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Best Valentine's present. I know I'm not forced to read it, but I refuse to drop things and I had hopes it would be good as KNIM was for the first ~150 chapters, but not even. Right from the start it was meh. I'm so glad I will soon put it aside!
Feb 14, 2018 12:27 PM

Nov 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Good bloody riddance.

Don't forget Truck-kun showing up again.
Feb 14, 2018 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
Don't really care since I don't read the manga of it. But I disliked the anime wholeheartedly. So eh, good for those that apparently hate this as well so.
Feb 14, 2018 2:36 PM

Nov 2015
Seen a lot of hate for the anime, but the chapters Ive seen from the manga dont seem so bad, is it just the anime that was poorly done?
Feb 14, 2018 3:21 PM

Apr 2014
_Ako_ said:
Pipe said:

No actually the anime disappointed everyone because it was actually better than the manga.
The trainwreck is the manga. The big scene everyone was hyping up which ascended the manga into legendarily stupid status wasn't done in the anime
Feb 14, 2018 3:46 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This should've ended 2-3 years ago. Ever since the truck part it's been an absolute mess
Feb 14, 2018 4:12 PM

Mar 2015
good fucking riddance... truck kun woudn't be soo bad, if not part after it cringe AF... author should make some short since he don't know how to develop story...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 14, 2018 4:44 PM

Sep 2014
Lots of Manga ending recently, is manga dying?
Feb 14, 2018 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Elegade said:

No, but the industry is rotten. Mangaka/editors make stupid decisions and then a pub will announce that a series ends in the very next chapter. Not a Fuuka reader, but I've at least dealt with the Prison School fiasco this year.
Feb 14, 2018 9:57 PM

Dec 2011
It is indeed ending, eh. Already felt like it was coming to an end, tbh.

Good to see that Seo won't drag this one any longer, the current arc is a good place to end the story.
Feb 14, 2018 11:56 PM

Mar 2015
Elegade said:

they just more often anounced it unlike before... that's all...

AhoOtoko said:
Elegade said:

No, but the industry is rotten. Mangaka/editors make stupid decisions and then a pub will announce that a series ends in the very next chapter. Not a Fuuka reader, but I've at least dealt with the Prison School fiasco this year.

i mean looking at reception, who didn't see that coming?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 15, 2018 1:49 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Mediocrity coming to an end? Thank goodness.
Feb 16, 2018 7:00 AM

Apr 2009
SuperRed said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Good bloody riddance.

Don't forget Truck-kun showing up again.

The only worthwhile character in the entire manga.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Feb 16, 2018 10:43 PM

Sep 2016
Oh thank God it's over. Thank you Kami-sama for ending this insult to the human race :P
Feb 20, 2018 8:56 AM
Feb 2018
I hope to see more work from this author. Having said that I believe Suzuka was way better than Fuuka. I'm about to start Kimi no Iru Machi how those it comper?
Feb 20, 2018 10:14 AM

Mar 2017
dropped it after they stopped showing the real mc, truck-kun.

come, you sweet hour of death
Feb 22, 2018 8:55 AM
Feb 2018
Fuuka is Seo's weakest series but it wouldn't have run for over 185 chapters on shonen jump if it was bad.
Feb 22, 2018 11:43 AM

Aug 2014
GlassMaskkk said:
I hope to see more work from this author. Having said that I believe Suzuka was way better than Fuuka. I'm about to start Kimi no Iru Machi how those it comper?

Kimi no iru machi is his best work IMO. More Drama tough. But like the characters more in that one.
Feb 23, 2018 3:01 AM
Feb 2018
Sweanime said:
GlassMaskkk said:

Kimi no iru machi is his best work IMO. More Drama tough. But like the characters more in that one.

Just finished reading Kimi no Iru Machi and I have to agree, it's the authors best work. I loved it so much that is now one of my favorite manga of all time. It's the first time I'm gone say this about a manga but If had children I would really like them to read it. So many valuable lessons
- The best ones are already taken, or at least will be very soon. Stop playing it safe or you're gonna let the biggest catch of your life slip right through your fingers.
- Things don't come easy, so try your hardest and don't give up. That's not cool.
- Sometimes no matter how hard you try, life just gives you lemons. Learn to make lemonade.
- When you're feeling your lowest and want to just be alone, that's when friends are really helpful. Make some friends, and don't shut yourself off from them.
- Don't lie to your friends. Just don't.
- Don't lie to yourself. If you don't open up to how how you really feel, you'll eventually ended up hating those around you for no reason.
- You're a college sophomore now and you haven't even started looking for jobs? Time waits for no one and the working world is ruthless! Get your shit together.
Feb 24, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2018
Hahahha good riddance, this was the the worst thing I ever watched
Mar 30, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2013
Loving to see people hating on a person that it's working his ass every week to deliver chapters and does this for his live. You people can dislike the work of an author without being an ass about it since those people are working with this for live.

AhoOtoko said:
Elegade said:

You clearly don't know anything about the manga industry.

GlassMaskkk said:
Fuuka is Seo's weakest series but it wouldn't have run for over 185 chapters on shonen jump if it was bad.

Shounen Jump. And yeah, for years Fuuka was one of the best-selling titles for the magazine. There's a reason for why Seo has a space in the magazine for Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi
Mar 31, 2018 3:02 AM

Mar 2015
caio_ken said:
Loving to see people hating on a person that it's working his ass every week to deliver chapters and does this for his live. You people can dislike the work of an author without being an ass about it since those people are working with this for live.
GlassMaskkk said:

Shounen Jump. And yeah, for years Fuuka was one of the best-selling titles for the magazine. There's a reason for why Seo has a space in the magazine for Suzuka and Kimi no Iru Machi

well, weekly shounen magazine is popular for their romance too, it's not surprising... i don't dislike SEO personaly, it's just some of his works happened to be suck in development despite interesting premise... even during same time, domestic na kanojo is far worse than fuuka... doesn't mean i hate it's author more...
Mar 31, 2018 5:22 AM
Jul 2018
caio_ken said:

AhoOtoko said:

You clearly don't know anything about the manga industry.

GlassMaskkk said:

Then enlighten me on how much you know about the industry, smartass. Because what I said is factual. Every single time a series is cancelled the fanbase gets no heads up besides "x series will end in the next chapter." And it's a rotten practice for series that have sloped sales trends because of editorial decisions. But once again, since you seem to work for Sueisha or Kodansha, please enlighten me.
removed-userMar 31, 2018 5:28 AM

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

65 by Stardew »»
2 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 7 hours ago

2 by _MushiRock11_ »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.