Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 28, 2017 5:35 PM

Jun 2015
soo good to see kyoanim cast the same girl who played akiyama mio in k-on as uena nao in this film. plus giving her a more open and brash personality with a set of blue eyes only made her hotter.

although casting her with taller people and more well built people here took away from how how she really is. they totally underplayed her figure.

I really love her!

I dont watch a lot of kyoani, where else has she been cast?
Jul 5, 2017 4:07 PM
Mar 2016
Nah, they don't even look so much alike she looks more like the girl from other KnK
Jul 5, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
Just look up her voice actress?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jul 6, 2017 9:15 AM

Jun 2015
MoDE_Actived said:
Nah, they don't even look so much alike she looks more like the girl from other KnK
the other knk?
Zelev said:
Just look up her voice actress?
lol no.... what the other guy said.....
Jul 25, 2017 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
shes definitely mio akiyama, dunno what your smoking.

But you should also mention the lead character, natsuki subaru
lnn8v6Jul 25, 2017 12:20 AM
Jul 25, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2015
I cant believe I fuckin missed that
Jan 25, 2018 11:42 PM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
I dont watch a lot of kyoani
You should

Yes, I am knowingly necro-ing this thread

Also, I genuinely thought you meant they had the same voice actor, I honestly believed you.
Jan 26, 2018 4:07 PM

Jun 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
I dont watch a lot of kyoani
You should
sure, like what?

yeh and WHAY?
Jan 26, 2018 8:22 PM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
Tenderizer17 said:
You should
sure, like what?

yeh and WHAY?

- Nichijou (Possibly good comedy with a strong and satisfying ending, I think one episode is enough to judge whether you'll like it. The comedy isn't the only appeal, it's my 11th favourite anime and it didn't make me laugh once, the characters are also a large part of the appeal, but you'll at least know if you find it funny early on)
- Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Overload of heartwarmingness and cuteness, if that's what you're into. Kind of slow to start though so you might want to give it 5 or 6 episodes before feeling disappointed) (I heard on good authority that the dub is good if you're into that kind of thing)
- Hyouka (Well crafted and enjoyable mystery anime, one episode is probably enough to judge it)(Dub isn't very good)
- Hibike Euphonium! (Well crafted and enjoyable drama, gets weirdly Yuri in the second season even though I believe the characters aren't lesbians. One episode is enough to judge it)
- Tamako Love Story (Apparently the better out of it and its prequel, Tamako Market)

You don't have to heed these recommendations. They're just recommendations. Although I'd definitely watch at least one episode of Nichijou and Tamako Love Story
Tenderizer79Feb 2, 2018 10:55 PM
Feb 10, 2018 5:43 AM

Jun 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
KuroudoAkabane said:
sure, like what?

yeh and WHAY?

- Nichijou (Possibly good comedy with a strong and satisfying ending, I think one episode is enough to judge whether you'll like it. The comedy isn't the only appeal, it's my 11th favourite anime and it didn't make me laugh once, the characters are also a large part of the appeal, but you'll at least know if you find it funny early on)
- Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (Overload of heartwarmingness and cuteness, if that's what you're into. Kind of slow to start though so you might want to give it 5 or 6 episodes before feeling disappointed) (I heard on good authority that the dub is good if you're into that kind of thing)
- Hyouka (Well crafted and enjoyable mystery anime, one episode is probably enough to judge it)(Dub isn't very good)
- Hibike Euphonium! (Well crafted and enjoyable drama, gets weirdly Yuri in the second season even though I believe the characters aren't lesbians. One episode is enough to judge it)
- Tamako Love Story (Apparently the better out of it and its prequel, Tamako Market)

You don't have to heed these recommendations. They're just recommendations. Although I'd definitely watch at least one episode of Nichijou and Tamako Love Story
thanx man......

I really should watch nichijou sometime.... it looks cute. kinda deformed like kill me baby. and moe lolis are always a good bet ne? its an all girl cast like k-on or azu right....

maids, harem echhi..... ummmm... it it one of those shows this dragon maid?

ive been left with a bad taste by bang dream to watch another music anime.

wait tamako market has a sequel>? def watch that!!

dropped hyouka after one ep... the mc reminded me too much of that snafu guy.... hated him so dropped. I kinda wanted to punch the genki waifu bait as well.
Feb 10, 2018 6:15 AM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
I really should watch nichijou sometime.... it looks cute. kinda deformed like kill me baby. and moe lolis are always a good bet ne? its an all girl cast like k-on or azu right....
Well, there are quite a few male characters in Nichijou, although they're mostly side characters (and great side characters at that). I also forgot to clarify that by "possibly good comedy" I meant that I don't entirely know whether the comedy was good or not, I don't remember it being funny but that's not necessarily because it wasn't, but because I remember other things far more. Either way, many others consider it very funny so what does my opinion matter.
KuroudoAkabane said:
maids, harem echhi..... ummmm... is it one of those shows this dragon maid?
"Maids": It's in the title so there are maids (2 in total)
"Harem": No, definitely not
"Echhi": Occasionally, but not presented in a "excessively" fanservicey way. Also no the focus of the show.

I was actually 7 and a half episodes into re-watching it when you posted this reply (This time trying the dub). I can say I'm about 50/50 on which is better out of the dub and sub (Still don't know whether you're even into dubs though)
KuroudoAkabane said:
ive been left with a bad taste by bang dream to watch another music anime.
That's fair. I haven't watched a music anime since Nodame Cantabile (which I watched ages ago). K-On! is an exception, but I didn't so much start watching that as come back to it after dropping it (and good thing I did). I dropped Hibike Euphonium! too but I believe that was because I didn't watch the first and second season in rapid succession so I might come back to it. Still, I think at some point every anime fan comes to avoid music anime, and there aren't really any spectacular ones out there (other than K-On) so they're right in doing so.
KuroudoAkabane said:
I am eager to watch it but I can't, because I just finished re-watching K-On! recently and I want to pace my viewings of stuff directed by Naoko Yamada (My favourite director, responsible for directing only 3 things). Like when you buy a 10 ferrarri's but only drive one off a cliff each month instead of all 10 at once to savour the feeling of wanton destruction.
KuroudoAkabane said:
dropped hyouka after one ep... the mc reminded me too much of that snafu guy.... hated him so dropped. I kinda wanted to punch the genki waifu bait as well.
That's fair. It's actually kind of frustrating how popular Oreki Hotarou is as a character considering how cliche he is (Hachiman from SNAFU is far better as a character).

I'm not sure whether all the responses I composed are relevant. At the very least I just want to share the nonsense that's coming to mind
Feb 10, 2018 7:23 AM

Jun 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
(Still don't know whether you're even into dubs though)
i love dubs, text dosent display properly on my tv, and I grew up watching animax's pinoy en dubs so am quite tolerant of bad ones too...
[not outright bad/mistranslations. bad as in voice acting mediocrity]
just finished medaka box both seasons in en dub.... it had dual but still watched dub

Tenderizer17 said:
I'm not sure whether all the responses I composed are relevant. At the very least I just want to share the nonsense that's coming to mind
that is the only reason for mals existence
Feb 12, 2018 12:37 AM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
So I just watched Tamako Market and Tamako Love Story for the first time. I actually disagree with the common sentiment that Tamako Love Story (Ironically, Tamako Love Story is the first Naoko Yamada anime I didn't "love") is the better of the two. However, I also loved Tamako Market way more than I expected to (and that's saying a lot, since I was expecting it to be my 10th favourite anime).

Still, what is my judgement in the face of popular opinion.

I'll at least say that Tamako Love story is a very different anime than Tamako Market is.
KuroudoAkabane said:
Tenderizer17 said:
(Still don't know whether you're even into dubs though)
i love dubs, text dosent display properly on my tv, and I grew up watching animax's pinoy en dubs so am quite tolerant of bad ones too...
[not outright bad/mistranslations. bad as in voice acting mediocrity]
just finished medaka box both seasons in en dub.... it had dual but still watched dub
The only dub I can think of with bad translations is actually Koe no Katachi (completely forgot that Koe no Katachi is the forum this is posted in until just now). That said, I should probably finish watching it dubbed first. I got about 10 minutes in and then immediately abandoned ship because they added one line of dialogue that previously wasn't there. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid has one badly translated line, but also one drastically improved line too so it balances out.

KuroudoAkabane said:
Tenderizer17 said:
that is the only reason for mals existence
Well that and:
- Sub elitism
- Calling highly regarded anime overrated
- Disturbingly obsessive list construction (Maybe this one's just me)
Tenderizer79Feb 12, 2018 6:46 AM
Feb 12, 2018 1:12 PM

Jun 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
I'll at least say that Tamako Love story is a very different anime than Tamako Market is.
the only question you need to answer now, is;

would Tamako be better off with Midori as her girlfriend than mochi
Feb 12, 2018 3:33 PM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
Tenderizer17 said:
the only question you need to answer now, is;

would Tamako be better off with Midori as her girlfriend than mochi
Ignoring the whole question of Tamako's sexuality. I'd say yes.
Feb 13, 2018 2:03 PM

Jun 2015
Tenderizer17 said:
Tamako's sexuality.
HOW ATROCIOUS!!!

HOW DARE YOU UTTER SUCH BLASPHEMOUS WORDS!

TAMAKO IS A KAWAII MUSUME WITH NO IMPURE THOUGHTS LIKE SEX!!!
Feb 13, 2018 4:39 PM
Jun 2016
KuroudoAkabane said:
Tenderizer17 said:
Tamako's sexuality.
HOW ATROCIOUS!!!

HOW DARE YOU UTTER SUCH BLASPHEMOUS WORDS!

TAMAKO IS A KAWAII MUSUME WITH NO IMPURE THOUGHTS LIKE SEX!!!
Did you just assume the nature of Tamako's character? God damn you and your backwards conservative agenda.

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.