Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2018 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Siluca in a dress :o

However, I think it's Margaret is the one that really stood out in the crowd especially with her dancing.

I was not expecting Theo to also dance; he doesn't look like a dancer. Not really surprised that trouble came again with Theo getting into another fight..can't the man ever catch a break?! I kinda feel like Villar is hiding something. Still, it was kinda interesting to learn more about how he feels for his family and the Krische bloodline.

Stark700Feb 9, 2018 8:55 AM
Feb 9, 2018 9:08 AM

Dec 2014
Siluca in her dress was the best part of the episode. <3

The guy with the black coat seems to be quite strong, did he just absorb the crests of all those people he massacred at the end?
Feb 9, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
Lelouch0202 said:
Siluca in her dress was the best part of the episode. <3

The guy with the black coat seems to be quite strong, did he just absorb the crests of all those people he massacred at the end?
Yes he is; hes also fairly ruthless; and yes he did. I believe the only survivors were the daughters and Nikola. Though unlike Theo he truly has no 'allies' or 'willing followers' They have very different outlooks on the world itself. Along with the use of power.

Theo will now fight his own battle his own way. the series improves with each week for me. Though I can see time jumps here and there. Like others villar is likely hiding more than one or two things - But he spoke to the truth to Margaret; though slightly more vague than he could have- he really is 'afraid' of being that committed to women at times (if not all the time)

sirwenceFeb 9, 2018 9:21 AM
Feb 9, 2018 9:36 AM

Nov 2017
This anime has been getting better each episode so I am looking forward to how things turn out but I think that it has a big chance of coming straight down in terms of quality .
Feb 9, 2018 10:12 AM

Jun 2015
Margaret looked so beautiful in that dress and so does Siluca. Their dance was nice. Lord Milza just slaughtered those people like it was nothing. Very cool. I wonder how Theo is going to deal with that.
Feb 9, 2018 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
I don't get why this series gets a lot of hate, I am really enjoying it.

That new guy in black interests me, maybe he will make trouble for Theo later on, anyway, he has my attention.
I still really can't trust Villar, dude is hiding something.

I really liked how they handled the music/OST in this episode.

4/5 to my surprise, I am really enjoying this series and this episode doesn't change it.
Feb 9, 2018 10:22 AM

Feb 2016
That dance between Margaret and Villar was pretty intense in some parts to say the least... (O_O)

I like the chemistry/relationship developing between Theo and Siluca also.
Feb 9, 2018 10:48 AM
Sep 2015
That guy in the black cloth is Lord Milza, better remember his name cause he's gonna have a huge role later, and I completely ship him with Theo.
Feb 9, 2018 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
MrMushin said:
I don't get why this series gets a lot of hate, I am really enjoying it.

That new guy in black interests me, maybe he will make trouble for Theo later on, anyway, he has my attention.
I still really can't trust Villar, dude is hiding something.

I really liked how they handled the music/OST in this episode.

4/5 to my surprise, I am really enjoying this series and this episode doesn't change it.

In my case it's not hate, I stopped watching it because I couldn't stand the pace of the show. And it really pissed me off because it was one of the series that I expected most this season.
Feb 9, 2018 11:11 AM

Jun 2016
A good episode, especially liked Margaret's dance.
[quote=sirwence message=54001137]
Lelouch0202 said:

Yes he is; hes also fairly ruthless; and yes he did. I believe the only survivors were the daughters and Nikola.

Nikola has precisely survived, but about daughters, I still do not understand whether they survived or not.
Feb 9, 2018 11:18 AM

Jun 2013
SkyLETV said:

In my case it's not hate, I stopped watching it because I couldn't stand the pace of the show. And it really pissed me off because it was one of the series that I expected most this season.

For me it's completely the opposite, I wasn't sure if to watch it or not because it didn't seem like my kind of show, but it surprised me and I happy I picked it.

But yeah I agree with you. the pace of this show is weird I can see why you hate it because of that.
Feb 9, 2018 11:51 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So even Margaret can lose her composure. Quite a grand birthday party for Margaret though. Its nice that Theo and Siluca got the chance to dance though. The fight between the prince and Theo sure was intense though. The best warriors are those that know when to fight and when to not. The counts understanding of the hidden meaning of his mothers abuse was interesting though. Its sad that Margaret Viltar won't be together though. Siluca's plan though certainly was ambitious. The prince certainly is lethal able to seize the castle that single handily
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2018 2:43 PM

Aug 2017
Finally, something good after five very bad episodes. 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 9, 2018 3:18 PM

Dec 2016
That's pretty sad that Margaret will be leaving already, I liked her a lot.

Not sure what to think of lord Mirza at this point, though I do like that he endorses Villar.

They are going by land because Siluca hates water lol, that is kinda funny.

Aishela is still clinging into that guy, I wonder if they actually have a relationship by now.

I must admit that was very impressive by lord Mirza.
Feb 9, 2018 4:29 PM
Feb 2014
Best episode by far in terms of the story.

This anime confuses me. I can't tell if it's good or bad. It has some really nice character designs and some of the best animated fights, but also some really akward frames here and there. I feel entranced by the world and really wana know more, but I'm confused as hell about what in the world is going on in politically and geographically because the show does a pretty bad job of getting those ideas across. I honestly have almost zero inkling of who's fighting who over what at the moment. I really like some of the side characters, but there are so many we barely get a glimpse of them most of the time. And I alternate between thinking Theo is pretty useless, to thinking he's actually a pretty decent guy every other episode.

It's probably the pacing that's the issue, like others have said. It's been crazy fast. I swear this episode would've ended at least twice before we got to the final massacre. So many things happened.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Feb 9, 2018 4:35 PM

Jul 2015
Villar and Margaret's dance was actually pretty fun to watch. Can't say the same about that scene with the two of them at the table. It probably would have felt more emotional if I actually had any reason to give a crap about those characters. Pretty much all the development they've gotten was in this one episode. It's a shame we likely won't see more of Margaret any time soon.

That castle sacking was pretty badass though
"I ask you, are you my master?"

Feb 9, 2018 6:00 PM

Dec 2016
Felt like a filler episode...

I'm probably dropping this series because I've just kind of stopped caring
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 9, 2018 10:52 PM

Feb 2015
More mediocrity, but to be fair, it's better than the previous episodes. Though, that wasn't a very high bar.

The dancing animation felt god awful, and the quality of the first half of the episode felt really shitty in general.
Feb 10, 2018 1:18 AM

Sep 2016
Although the first part (the dancing) seemed wierd it's because the budget was clearly more focused on the brilliant fight scenes cause that was epic O_O

Come a long way, I hated this show at the first episode and here I am praising it's improvement. Let's see how this plays.
Feb 10, 2018 1:22 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I don't know if its the translation, but some of the dialogue comes across strangely ambiguous and I have a hard time following who is in the Union and who is in the Alliance sometimes. Not to mention Villar's conversation with Margaret about her mother.

There is so much potential in this story. But the pacing and buildup of the story drag it down. In the hands of a better director and screenwriter it would be better.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 10, 2018 2:20 AM

Oct 2014
Fairly speaking, that's the best episode so far.
But unfortunately is because there's not much Theo this episode and they focus half of the episode towards Villar and that red-haired babe.

Farabeuf said:
There is so much potential in this story. But the pacing and buildup of the story drag it down. In the hands of a better director and screenwriter it would be better.

You mean if only this is a 52 episode anime?
Feb 10, 2018 4:46 AM

Nov 2015
We need romance tag :)
Feb 10, 2018 5:26 AM
Sep 2017
I wish Margaret didn t leave even after her birthday
She still loves Villar and still She can t be his bride now I actually ship them so hard even when they danced together
Still we cute moments with Theo and Siluca :D
Feb 10, 2018 5:54 AM

May 2012
I wonder what happened to the two blond daughters. Did they survive ?! Or killed ?
Feb 10, 2018 6:19 AM

Jun 2013
Hmm...Villar is missing who ever is in that painting? he looked nostalgic...and some reason....I feel tough I should seriously cringe...after Vilar asked when Margaret's birthday was....her face after that...ouch..
ah...25th Birthday....that explains it...

Villar really has shown up to be pretty good lord....nothing like his rumored reputation in episode 1-2...That Dance tough......Daaaamn.....Wow......Villar.....what a history....I feel sorry for these 2..

This Milza...he is quite interesting tough...serving as fags of future Emperor...who ever that might be.... interesting

O.O WHAT A BADASS!!!! Entire Castle by himself.... wonder tough...Is Opening showing us that he will eventually follow that Villar's cousin?

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Feb 10, 2018 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Siluca & Margaret in their dresses were really a feast for the eyes. Theo taking the initiative to take Siluca dancing surprised me, especially since he said himself he didn't know how to dance.

Lord Milza, Holy shit he's very powerful.... taking out so many people on his own, Real bad-ass! Looking forward to more from him.
Feb 10, 2018 10:01 AM
Jul 2017
My expectations are rock-bottom, but this was a pretty good episode.

Poor storytelling = a lot of it is still confusing. (something about a Union and an Alliance? why are all those lords meeting? why can't that guy marry that mage?)

But the feelz part and the scorpion guy sacking the castle by himself was great. And: "at the suggestion of a mage who doesn't like to travel by water...." (blush) lol.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Feb 10, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
They danced a good dance, fought a good fight, and the black dude kicked some ass hard. Twas a good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 10, 2018 1:39 PM
Feb 2016
Literally everyone is more op and badass than Theo and he gets all the fame.
Feb 10, 2018 1:59 PM
Jun 2017
Really uneventful and boring. 5/10
Feb 10, 2018 5:32 PM

Feb 2013
So close...

Theo's fight with the other dude was obviously a comparison of their approaches. One leaves a trail of dead enemies, the other a trail of dead allies. Apparently this will be a theme for at least the next episode.
Feb 11, 2018 3:05 AM

Jan 2011
Really? I hadn't noticed.
Feb 11, 2018 3:49 AM

Feb 2016
Fight more, you bastards! Good, Theo has found his opposite self at Lord Milza; dead allies versus dead enemies. He will a hard time to convince Milza. That dancing scene was superb! I wonder what will happen to Margaret? She is a strong figure.
Feb 11, 2018 7:02 AM

Oct 2013
This guy is a murderer. I like it!
Too bad he will lose one day vs the awful MC

Seriously this anime is way better out of the stupid battlefield
Feb 11, 2018 10:55 AM

Mar 2012
I think we're finally moving into the meat of the story, which is great. Except at this point it feels too late to get people to truly like Theo. Siluca at least has demonstrated some personality, but Theo has just been incredibly bland. Villar has been much, much more intriguing by comparison.
Feb 11, 2018 12:32 PM

Oct 2013
Titadou said:

Not just that, but he's a reasonable murderer at that! I mean, he gave those lords 3 days to take all the money or whatever possessions they could and clear out and even tellin' em no1 needs to die. Granted, he prolly knew no one would yield in front of a single man. At least he gets to say " Hey, I told 'em so." though!
Feb 11, 2018 7:14 PM
Mar 2016
Is every lord this weak one guy comes in and demands a castle from someone named Venom in front of a dozen other lords and just mows them down like how does he even earn that title Venom if hes this weak i just want a really good battle like Daryun and Hilmes or Kaneki and Jason and a scene where Theo defeats a lord then suddenly angry citizens tries to avenge the lord cause he was actually a good lord who happens to be an enemy and not all enemy lords are assholes or jerks
Feb 12, 2018 12:49 AM

Oct 2008
The Forbidden love between Villar & Margaret is dangerously sweet but at the same time cannot be flourished!
I smell dark corrupting vibes from Lord Mirza!
LOL at Aishela, still so obsessed with her boylet!
Damn! that was SAVAGE killing all those men inside the room! Mirza is somewhat looked like a villain!
4/5.

Feb 12, 2018 2:11 AM
Mar 2016
ManlyTear said:
Titadou said:

Not just that, but he's a reasonable murderer at that! I mean, he gave those lords 3 days to take all the money or whatever possessions they could and clear out and even tellin' em no1 needs to die. Granted, he prolly knew no one would yield in front of a single man. At least he gets to say " Hey, I told 'em so." though!

that makes him sounded no different than a robber doing a stickup but instead of money hes demanding lands, title, and castles
Feb 15, 2018 1:40 PM
Mar 2016
Shit Arab Guy just took all the fun.
Feb 15, 2018 9:38 PM

Apr 2010
Those dances had more animation than all of Ballroom e Youkoso.
Feb 22, 2018 1:26 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Margaret is so incredibly fine, especially during that dance. It's sad to see her go.

The man in black is pretty badass, even gave Theo some wise advice about fighting.

The exchange between Villar and Margaret was actually pretty great character interaction. Seems as though he had a pretty tough past.

Always hate to see women like Margaret go.
Feb 22, 2018 3:46 PM
Feb 2018
good episode, 7/10
Feb 22, 2018 7:49 PM

Mar 2009
Sucks that Margaret and Villar can't be together. That dance was something. You could cut the sexual tension with a knife.
Sad to see Margaret go, but hopefully she'll be back.

Milza is insane. He's so badass.
Feb 25, 2018 12:13 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The dance was better prepared than the Theo´s "battles" in another episode!!!
Well, and for it doesn't change, a diary extra portion of blood unnecessary!!!
The characters are very rigid, this doesn´t change too!!!
Mar 1, 2018 6:05 AM

Jun 2017
This episode was on the slower side this time around, which is nice as this show was going really fast. Actually no, I don't necessarily agree that the show has fast pacing. More like they just skip a lot of stuff and don't really explain anything. You can see they are just trying cover as much they can from the LN.
Mar 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Dec 2016
Siluca looks gorgeous with that dress, and so does Margaret with her red dress ^^ It was nice to see the ladies dancing.

I sensed since the beginning that that arabian guy seemed fishy. I wonder if he's one of the villains...

Good episode :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 16, 2018 11:53 PM

Dec 2012
DAMN..TOO OP PLS NERF

Oct 30, 2018 12:38 AM

Dec 2012
Margaret so fine in dem winter clothes.
My waifu Colleen oppai looking good.
Margaret is 24 and her birthday is coming up.
HOLY SHIT! LAWD JESUS! MARGARET IN DAT DRESS! DAT OPPAI! FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAP!
Colleen looking cute in dat dress.
WTF! I want Margaret breathing hard on me.
No. Margaret was made for me.
lol at Theo stepping on her foot.
Margaret loves Villar? NO!!!!!!
Villar rejected Margaret. YES!!!!!
LMAO Made dude suck his sword like a dick and killed him.

Happy birthday to my waifu Margaret.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 29, 2020 11:21 AM

Feb 2018
BurntJelly said:
So close...

Theo's fight with the other dude was obviously a comparison of their approaches. One leaves a trail of dead enemies, the other a trail of dead allies. Apparently this will be a theme for at least the next episode.
thanks for nice pict, lol..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2018

489 by DesolatePsyche »»
Mar 26, 1:04 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

146 by Leniam »»
Feb 27, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

61 by nick_el_son »»
Feb 24, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 22 Discussion

Icedout15 - Oct 25, 2018

5 by phantom346 »»
Feb 3, 8:12 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 24 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Aug 8, 2018

37 by Princesanatankum »»
Jan 29, 5:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.