Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 21, 2018 1:13 PM
Nov 2017
So I recently finished watching this, and I can't deny that I feel kinda disappointed with this show, given the high rating and immense praise

The way I see it, is that the show basically does an Akame ga Kill and tries to appear all edgy and dark with representations of Nazi's, KKK, blood & gore etc. but then has random light hearted comedic situations. Another question could be why does this show get praised whereas AgK gets bashed on for this kind of progression?

Back to the main question, I wanted to know what aspects of this show did you enjoy that made this show high rated in the first place?
Jan 21, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2017
bait or not, w/e.
hellsing ultimate is one of my favorite anime of all time so i may or may not be biased. unlike akame ga kill, the characters in hellsing ultimate were likable and interesting, even if they weren't complex, and it isn't that rushed either. there was just something about it that made it so enjoyable. i'm pretty sure the high rating of the show are the same reasons as mine.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Jan 23, 2018 9:03 PM
Nov 2017
Dlwuik said:
bait or not, w/e.
hellsing ultimate is one of my favorite anime of all time so i may or may not be biased. unlike akame ga kill, the characters in hellsing ultimate were likable and interesting, even if they weren't complex, and it isn't that rushed either. there was just something about it that made it so enjoyable. i'm pretty sure the high rating of the show are the same reasons as mine.

Don't really see how this is bait or not, w/e

So this really just comes down to character enjoyment then? I will admit that some of the characters are somewhat enjoyable I guess. I mean Alucard was OP and badass, but that's kinda about it. Idk maybe I'm just seeing things differently than others
Feb 8, 2018 12:59 PM
Nov 2016
what the fuck is wrong with the overuse of reflections on the glasses of the characters?
Feb 8, 2018 1:18 PM

Dec 2015
This thing (at least the manga) never tries to be some sort of dark serious thing xD It appears right from the start as a typical exagerated horror Z-movie. With the mandatory mad priest, exorcism, big fireguns etc... nazi undead and co coming a few moment later. Hell, jokes and other lighter things keep coming along too.

You read it for the chuckles it provides. Not to be horrified or to think strongly about it.
Feb 11, 2018 12:27 PM
Nov 2017
Rei366 said:
This thing (at least the manga) never tries to be some sort of dark serious thing xD It appears right from the start as a typical exagerated horror Z-movie. With the mandatory mad priest, exorcism, big fireguns etc... nazi undead and co coming a few moment later. Hell, jokes and other lighter things keep coming along too.

You read it for the chuckles it provides. Not to be horrified or to think strongly about it.

Is that so? Hmm. Honestly speaking I didn't know how to approach the show while I was watching it. Like you said, it appeared as that typical exaggerated horror show, but I thought that that was how it was mean't to be portrayed.

I guess then I was disappointed in it because I was expecting it to be all dark and edgy lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

153 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 25, 3:04 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.