Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »
Feb 6, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
Hello, I would like to participate in the challange but before I do I have a question-
Do I need to update my own profile / list with whatever I watch due to the challange? Like I need to watch a certain anime so I need to add it to my list (and update it) to make it count towards the challange? (Personal OCD question :3)
Feb 6, 2018 2:38 PM
Jun 2012
FarazAneesQ said:
(107) Finish an on-hold or dropped anime:
Hey guys I don't have any on hold or dropped anime what should I do?

Then you should change to a different one. That's why there are more than 100 options.
Feb 6, 2018 3:07 PM
Sep 2016
jhoson14 said:
any13th said:
I don't like being that guy and reposting my question, but I'm going to anyways.
For one of my tasks
(81) Watch an anime which began airing the same day you joined MAL:
I joined on Oct 23 2016, which is in Fall 2016, and there is no TV anime, ONA, OVA or special that began airing that day.(Or even the day before or the the day after)

What exactly do I do for this scenario since I can't find an anime that fits the criteria?

Its just the day you joined, in your case 23th. Air date must coincide with it, month/year doesn't matter in this item.

If you need help searching anime for this i will gladly assist ^^

I'm having a hard time doing a research to find an anime that aired on a 23rd of the month. Is there an easy way to do so??
Feb 6, 2018 4:26 PM

Apr 2011
ocaron said:
jhoson14 said:

Its just the day you joined, in your case 23th. Air date must coincide with it, month/year doesn't matter in this item.

If you need help searching anime for this i will gladly assist ^^

I'm having a hard time doing a research to find an anime that aired on a 23rd of the month. Is there an easy way to do so??

I do not know if this is still needed, but I took the liberty of finding some for the 23rd;

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11743/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index__Endymion_no_Kiseki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12189/Hyouka
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2154/Tekkon_Kinkreet

Also, there is no special way of searching for this. Your only option is by looking through every season’s lineup for your specific date.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Feb 6, 2018 4:44 PM
Jun 2012
ocaron said:

go to advanced search, put in a date, make sure to select "start date" to be shown as a column, search, then sort twice by the start date, like this (search for 23.3.2012)
Feb 6, 2018 5:22 PM
Sep 2016
Lestat- said:
ocaron said:

I do not know if this is still needed, but I took the liberty of finding some for the 23rd;

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11743/Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index__Endymion_no_Kiseki
https://myanimelist.net/anime/12189/Hyouka
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7785/Yojouhan_Shinwa_Taikei

Also, there is no special way of searching for this. Your only option is by looking through every season’s lineup for your specific date.

Thanks man I managed to find out!
Feb 6, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2016
I need a recommendation for the number 27(Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread). I'm fine with anything that isn't scary.
Feb 6, 2018 7:01 PM

Apr 2016
Obligatory post about Number 27
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

<3 anything works I recommend keeping it at a maximum of 26 episodes, anything 26 or under is fine.
Feb 6, 2018 7:07 PM

Oct 2011
Genkai said:
Obligatory post about Number 27
(27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

<3 anything works I recommend keeping it at a maximum of 26 episodes, anything 26 or under is fine.

I'll recommend you Tsuritama, Kino's Journey, The Secret World of Arrietty, Kids on the Slope, or House of Five Leaves

Hopefully a little bit of variety to pick from?? :)

SilentChameleon said:
Anything that started on the 20th would be helpful, thanks in advance :)

Only thing I can find quickly is Spirited Away.
Feb 6, 2018 7:23 PM
Jun 2013
(47) Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more

Does it need to be in one season? or it can be 2 season equal 35 eps or more?
Feb 6, 2018 10:47 PM

Jan 2018
venera said:
(47) Watch an anime with 35 episodes or more

Does it need to be in one season? or it can be 2 season equal 35 eps or more?

It has to be listed under one entry on MAL.

For example, even though Boku no Hero Academia has a total of 38 episodes, it is split into separate entries for each season so it can't be used for this challenge.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31964/Boku_no_Hero_Academia
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33486/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_2nd_Season
TubbyFeb 6, 2018 10:54 PM
Feb 6, 2018 11:26 PM

Apr 2015
I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere and I'm just too blind to find it but are we allowed to use rewatches for the challenge? For example, if I've originally watched an anime in 2015 but re-watched the entire first season this year, am I allowed to use that as an entry?

Feb 6, 2018 11:32 PM

Jan 2018
KuraikoDesu said:
I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere and I'm just too blind to find it but are we allowed to use rewatches for the challenge? For example, if I've originally watched an anime in 2015 but re-watched the entire first season this year, am I allowed to use that as an entry?

Rewatches are technically not against the rules but they are discouraged as the point of this challenge is to experience new and different anime. If you decide to rewatch something you will need to update the dates on your anime list to reflect when exactly you watched it during the challenge period
Feb 7, 2018 4:23 AM
Jun 2013
Tubbyman3 said:

It has to be listed under one entry on MAL.

For example, even though Boku no Hero Academia has a total of 38 episodes, it is split into separate entries for each season so it can't be used for this challenge.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31964/Boku_no_Hero_Academia
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33486/Boku_no_Hero_Academia_2nd_Season

Ok, thanks for the clarification
Feb 7, 2018 4:51 AM

Sep 2017
Challenge Staff Recommendation Category
Rec me anything
Here's my AnimeList

Pain is something man must endure in his heart, and since the heart feels pain so easily some believe life is pain.
- Kaworu Nagisa
Feb 7, 2018 6:37 AM

Jul 2014
Rozalin said:
Challenge Staff Recommendation Category
Rec me anything
Here's my AnimeList

Itazura na Kiss
Kokoro Connect

SilentChameleon said:
prisuguimoto said:
Yes, 'stand-alone refers to no related anime; if it has an adaptation listed that's okay'

What about an Alternative Setting?

No other related anime. So no side-story, spin-off, alternate version, alternate setting, prequel nor sequel is allowed.
Feb 7, 2018 9:27 AM

Apr 2015
@Sojin Could you possibly give me a few tv series to watch for item number 102 please?
HoarfoxFeb 8, 2018 2:02 PM
Feb 7, 2018 9:56 AM

Sep 2009
I have watched the first season from an anime (3-gatsu no Lion). Does the second season count as another anime and I can use it for another challenge in my list)?

Thanks!
Feb 7, 2018 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
LadyCuqui said:
I have watched the first season from an anime (3-gatsu no Lion). Does the second season count as another anime and I can use it for another challenge in my list)?

Thanks!

Yes, you can use the second season for another item on the challenge list.
Feb 7, 2018 10:25 AM

Sep 2009
mozgow said:
LadyCuqui said:

Thanks!

Yes, you can use the second season for another item on the challenge list.

Ok, thank you for the answer!
Feb 7, 2018 2:24 PM
Mar 2016
I need an anime to watch for challenge number 27 please!
Feb 7, 2018 2:46 PM

Mar 2017
BlackIronZ said:
I need an anime to watch for challenge number 27 please!

Baccano!
Btooom!
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Mob Psycho 100
Shokugeki no souma
Rokka no yuusha
Paprika
Feb 7, 2018 3:08 PM

Jan 2010
Also looking for an anime to watch for challenge #27! I'm going for the Hardcore difficulty so if you could recommend a few because I might already be planning to watch something for a different challenge. Here's my list!
Feb 7, 2018 5:23 PM

Oct 2016
Can one anime be used to fill multiple slots? For example, let's say someone watched an anime with a main character who is a child and that anime is also an award winning series. Can this count for completing two challenges?
Feb 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Aug 2017
KaRue3 said:
Can one anime be used to fill multiple slots? For example, let's say someone watched an anime with a main character who is a child and that anime is also an award winning series. Can this count for completing two challenges?

no, only one challenge can be used for an anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2018 5:50 PM

Oct 2016
Thank you.
Feb 7, 2018 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Hi
I'm having a hard time with the option 73 - Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username
So if someone can help it would mean a lot to me

Thanks
Feb 7, 2018 10:20 PM
Aug 2017
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge?
Feb 7, 2018 10:24 PM

Oct 2016
Hmmm...

I quickly glanced at your list you had posted and saw that you had a lot of movies on there. Seems you're using it knock out films. Try the film Hal. It's short and a good watch.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/16528/Hal?q=hal
Feb 7, 2018 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
For #61 Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

Can I watch Tiger & Bunny? Unsure since it's based in a re-imagined NYC.
Feb 7, 2018 11:03 PM

Apr 2013
Wyvern22 said:
Hi
I'm having a hard time with the option 73 - Watch an anime with a title that ends with the first letter of your username
So if someone can help it would mean a lot to me

Thanks

https://myanimelist.net/anime/31163/Dimension_W
Feb 8, 2018 12:18 AM

Aug 2015
missharlieivy said:
Can someone give me a recommendation for the challenge?

Hello, I recommend:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31646/3-gatsu_no_Lion
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17549/Non_Non_Biyori
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28223/Death_Parade
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1/Cowboy_Bebop
https://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu

Xxort said:
For #61 Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth:

Can I watch Tiger & Bunny? Unsure since it's based in a re-imagined NYC.

It's a fictional city that looks like New York, it's not NY. So invalid.
Feb 8, 2018 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
Hi!
I need arecommendation for the challenge please! (number 27)

Also, I can't find anything for (78) Watch a short anime with 70 episodes or more.
Any idea for it?

Feb 8, 2018 6:21 AM

Aug 2016
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?
Feb 8, 2018 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
NAWS said:
Challenging myself to watch double the number of anime I have watched since becoming a weeb. Randomised too. Wish me luck :P

Appears Ive got to watch both a R-rated and R+-rated anime. Im guessing that means venturing into Hentai... Irk never thought Id ever have to do that. Would definitely need a recommendation for this.

Would definitely appreciate help for the rest too given that Im a newbie. Im #1047

Also appears that I'll need a recommendation from a staff member. @Sojin pls halp

Hey just randomly saw your comment and just thought you should know that for the challenges that need a R or R+ rating, it does NOT necessarily refer to the Hentai genre. I don't watch Hentai either, so I managed to find a R+ series that was decent and only had some mild nudity throughout, I watched: Grisaia no Kajitsu.

And some ideas for R rating: Boku dake ga Inai Machi
(SO Good), Akame Ga Kill!, Arslan Senki, Another.
Feb 8, 2018 6:28 AM

Apr 2011
Tomppaa said:
Ok so I might be a bit confused. #107 on the challenge is Finish and on-hold or dropped anime. It also says that you might be asked for the episode history as evidence. I don't really know how I could get that information. The main thing Im confused about is "If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier." I would count my situation as this so does this mean I can change the item to another one?

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

Feb 8, 2018 6:29 AM

Jul 2014
Tomppaa said:
Yes. If you do not have any anime that can be used for #107, you can change this item to any other from tier 3 that is not on your challenge list.
Feb 8, 2018 6:33 AM

Aug 2016
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:

You have Haikyuu!! and Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou on-hold and you can finish one of them for this particular item in the challenge. You appear to have last updated these mid-2017, so either of them would be elligible for #107.

Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that
Feb 8, 2018 6:43 AM

Apr 2011
Tomppaa said:
Lestat- said:

Sorry I forgot to mention this: "use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched" I am certain that I started Haikyu before July but I don't know how to prove that

You have last updated it in July, actually. If you go to your on-hold list, hover over the item and click on 'more', then you will be able to see more information about when you have started it and when you have updated it.

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

Feb 8, 2018 6:45 AM
Oct 2017
how to update the animes in the list
Feb 8, 2018 6:50 AM

Aug 2016
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:

You have last updated it in July, actually. If you go to your on-hold list, hover over the item and click on 'more', then you will be able to see more information about when you have started it and when you have updated it.

It says Last Updated: 09-20-17 so no it's not July
Feb 8, 2018 6:55 AM

Aug 2016
Lestat- said:
Tomppaa said:

Ohhhhhhhh I found a thing I have never seen before. Like the full details. Sorry for wasting your time lol
Feb 8, 2018 7:16 AM

Apr 2015
Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched; state the original start date and how many episode were previously watched; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.
If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier.

Does this mean that I am unable to use Sakura Quest?
Feb 8, 2018 7:24 AM

Jul 2014
ToosokaRin said:
Finish an on-hold or dropped anime - use any title that was started during or before July, 2017 and left unwatched; state the original start date and how many episode were previously watched; the anime can't have just one episode; the anime doesn't need to be on your on-hold/dropped list. Use any that you previously started watching and left without finishing for the longest. Note that you might be asked for your episode history as evidence.
If you receive the on-hold or dropped item, but don't have any anime that fits, change it to another item of the same tier.

Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.
Feb 8, 2018 8:22 AM

Apr 2015
mozgow said:
ToosokaRin said:

Why you shouldn't be able to use it? The date on the screenshot is before July, 2017.

the anime can't have just one episode this part. Dont understand what it means
Feb 8, 2018 9:35 AM

Apr 2011
ToosokaRin said:
mozgow said:

the anime can't have just one episode this part. Dont understand what it means

Sakura Quest has 25 episodes, you have watched only one. It does not mean anything in this case, you can use it just fine.

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

21 by Super-Sugoi »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

36 by piroriparopirira »»
8 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

65 by Sorachin »»
17 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

32 by Soverign »»
17 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 9 hours ago

40 by redorzo »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.