Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2018 9:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, that was cute. Fireworks and a duo moment beween Kokonotsu and Hotaru.

The mood was nice too with the colorful energy!
Stark700Feb 1, 2018 9:51 AM
Feb 1, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2010
So almost a kissing scene but Hotaru didn't make the last move.
Anyway the excuse for just the two of them was funny.
Feb 1, 2018 9:00 PM

Mar 2016
Man, I wished Kokonotsu would take the next step, that ending...

No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 2, 2018 10:41 AM
Jan 2016
I cannot wait for next week!!
Feb 2, 2018 7:52 PM

Mar 2014
i didnt realize what it means when the unlucky one gets the 1st prize. without caculation hotaru demands kokonotsu to ride her to seaside and obviously fails. however this gives them a chance to develop some level of romance relationship, which i thought should not happen in this show. many comments said that "congrats to the end of season 2", i know what they mean. hotaru is gone, and our dagashi kashi 2 is done.
no, im not done. im looking forward to the new character! and i believe hotaru will be back.
Feb 2, 2018 8:17 PM
Jul 2016
While there was a lot of foreshadowing that I don't blame Kokonotsu for picking up, she dropped a huge red flag at the end. Her saying "Sayonara" should have told him right away since you only use it if it'll be a long time before you see them again if ever. I'm actually mad at him for not noticing.
Feb 2, 2018 9:25 PM

Jun 2015
Kokonotsu was so close to kissing Hotaru. What a shame. They're so cute together. At least the fireworks were pretty.
Feb 2, 2018 10:02 PM
Feb 2018
Finally,it happened ...but an unexpected sad ending :|.Anyway i hope they will respect the manga and do something about Hotaru.
Feb 3, 2018 12:41 AM

Sep 2016
This show man. Surprised me each time. And this surprise might be the biggest. WHY CAN'T THE NEXT EPISODE COME OUT SOONER. I WANNA SEE HOTARU X KOKONOTSU HAPPEN!!!
Feb 3, 2018 2:09 AM

Apr 2016
Just dont go somewhere i don't want you to go anime-kun, Saya is the one here.

Also this felt like an ending.
Feb 3, 2018 3:50 AM

Feb 2013
I don't want any drama in this anime, please!
Feb 3, 2018 4:28 AM

Jan 2018
Aahhhh... that just almost for kokonotsu x hotaru. There's something on the next episode, i hope not a bad thing.
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Feb 3, 2018 5:39 AM

Dec 2014
the first bit was nice and then she suddenly dissapeared
Feb 3, 2018 6:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Damn, that was as close to drama as you will get in Dagashi Kashi. And Hotaru was almost acting like a normal person here! Interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 3, 2018 6:31 AM
Jun 2014
Great episode! Any manga reader here that can tell me which chapter is this?
Feb 3, 2018 6:33 AM

Jul 2013
Holy shit, that ending was sure unexpected O_O And just when some romantic development happened... Damn!
Feb 3, 2018 6:57 AM

May 2017
BEST GIRL just lost, our generic protagonist is generically in love with BREAST GIRL
Feb 3, 2018 7:19 AM
Feb 2016
One of the cutest moments in Dagashi Kashi so far :3
Feb 3, 2018 7:48 AM

May 2015
Coconuts was struck down by Hotaru disappearance. I want to see if Coconuts is going after her or not...
Feb 3, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
Wait, where did this RomCom Come from? I don't remember this having such a shitty RomCom drama before, I mean Kokonotsu feels quite out of place. I remember 1st season having more about candy and stuff... what is this?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2016
Ulquiorra said:
I don't want any drama in this anime, please!

I Second this, I'm so confused on the events on this second season
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 3, 2018 12:12 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa where is the opening and ending theme? did I just watch a drama where Coconutsu and Hotaro were getting serious?????
Feb 3, 2018 3:23 PM

Apr 2013
Only 1 stitch this time... rest are screenshots

I watched this on my phone so i might have missed a couple of scenes i also wanted to save...

Feb 3, 2018 4:35 PM

Sep 2017
only now that this anime started to walk, it is difficult to see with this new animation, has not given me a reason to enjoy this season...
Feb 3, 2018 6:32 PM

Dec 2012
Loved the seriousness for a change! Comedy is cool and all, but now that the characters have grown on me, I want some actual development to happen. I hope it keeps going like this.
Feb 3, 2018 6:35 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Coconuts and Hotaru have a real, true moment there. Looks like Hotaru knew all about the festival, but wanted to keep Coconuts t herself. Awwwwwwwwwwww yeah, that means Coconuts is in!

Didn't expect drama from this at all, I guess I figured Summer break would go on forever. It's sort of a nice change of pace though. I'm really interested to see where this is going.

I do feel bad that Saya was left out though.

I wonder when the glasses chick will make an appearance? Next week ought to be good.
Feb 3, 2018 8:56 PM
Jan 2016
I don't think this 12 minutes episode is enough for me hahaha
Feb 3, 2018 10:08 PM
Jan 2014
Childhood friend never wins. Always. D:
Feb 3, 2018 10:37 PM

Jan 2015
Well what do you know, they finally got their quality time together before Hotaru say that "Goodbye" word without Kokonotsu realizing it. Those kind of moment always had it's own feels in it.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 4, 2018 4:09 AM

Jun 2012
If anyone is curious to what happens beyond this point, I'll briefly explain what you have in store for the rest of the anime's run. Be mindful the anime can take creative liberties but considering how very close the anime is faithful to the manga...
TheOutlawZeroFeb 4, 2018 4:13 AM
Feb 4, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2014
Great adaptation, perhaps even better than the manga. That's the face of a man who just realised what he had, only when he lost it =P

Interesting:
  • In the manga, Saya doesn't wear a yukata to the fireworks display
  • Some of the locations Kokonotsu went to look for Hotaru at are anime original, while one location from the manga was notably omitted: Hotaru's gang's den. The Hotaru's gang gag overall seems to have a much stronger presence in the manga than in the anime
The animation of Kokonotsu's hobbit feet annoys me though.

Roy_Focker said:
Coconuts was struck down by Hotaru disappearance. I want to see if Coconuts is going after her or not...

But how do you track something, which sets no course? (>.<)
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 4, 2018 3:15 PM

Jun 2017
Woah, that was pretty unexpected, I wonder why Hotaru left, there is no way she accepted that Kokonotsu won't take over the shop. I bet she has just some stuff to do out of town for a while, she is working in the family business after all.
Feb 4, 2018 3:59 PM

May 2015
Laionidas said:
Roy_Focker said:

But how do you track something, which sets no course? (>.<)
Hmmm... are you sure (he can’t track her)? He only needs to follow the trial of goodies/candy wrap/bags tossed in the street and sooner or later he is gonna find her... 😜
Feb 5, 2018 12:21 AM
Feb 2018
In my opinion,Hotaru is the ideal choice for Kokonotsu...why?...because she cares about him,firstly in a friendly way but later as we see in this episode it develops some love towards him.And another thing is that she don't force him to take over the shop,she just waits for his answer, as we see in the final episode of season 1.And most importantly they share the same knowledge about dagashi which brings them closer. Anyway,i don't think i covered the entire thing,but anybody is free to complete my argument.

P.S Saya is just a friend from childhood,that doesn't mean it will be his lover.She likes him,but that dosen't mean the emotion will be the same from Kokonotsu.I know they developed some kind of relationship,but just a friendly one.Just my opinion. :) Have a nice day.
IllusionXDFeb 5, 2018 1:26 AM
Feb 5, 2018 12:26 AM

Jan 2014
Roy_Focker said:
Hmmm... are you sure (he can’t track her)? He only needs to follow the trial of goodies/candy wrap/bags tossed in the street and sooner or later he is gonna find her... 😜

Lol, it's like Hansel and Gretel, except Hansel is a slowpoke, and Gretel is the landlord that owns the witch's house.

Hotaru-chan,.. ?
MomoSinX said:
Woah, that was pretty unexpected, I wonder why Hotaru left,..

We had this discussion on the manga's forum as well.

I really don't think it's that complicated or something special: it's the end of summer, she probably just has to go back to school like the others, except that's she's not from that town, so she'll have to go back to her own region.

IllusionXD said:
In my opinion,Hotaru is the ideal choice for Kokonotsu...why?...because she cares about him,firstly in a friendly way but later as we see in this episode it develops some love towards him.And another thing is that she don't force him to take over the shop,she just waits for his answer, as we see in the final episode of season 1.And most importantly they share the same knowledge about dagashi which brings them closer. Anyway,i don't think i covered the entire thing,but anybody is free to complete my argument.

P.S Saya is just a friend from childhood,that doesn't mean it will be his lover.She likes him,but that dosen't mean that the emotion will be the same from Kokonotsu.I know they developed some kind of relationship,but just a friendly one.Just my opinion. :) Have a nice day.

I agree, and in the manga Kokonotsu is just as crazy a dagashi genius as Hotaru, perhaps even more than her. Season one just skipped on all the scenes that illustrated that, to make him seem more like a doofus.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 5, 2018 3:40 AM

Jan 2011
This ep was pretty lame.
Feb 5, 2018 4:36 AM

Nov 2015
What is up with the really weird shoes Kokonotsu's always wearing? They look completely freakish to me. Is that something only known to Japan or what? Every scene with his feet has been irritating because of that.

Otherwise, a solid episode...but I wonder how much fun it's going to be without Hotaru.
Feb 5, 2018 6:30 PM
Jul 2018
It's sad knowing they'll take the predictable route and best girl Saya will lose.
Feb 5, 2018 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
oh! en episode which has the least comedy in it!
Kokonotsu really misses Hotaru? is this a sign that he's feeling something towards the eccentric girl!? he even assumed that Hotaru will kiss him on the fireworks display! so assuming! haha!
4/5.

Feb 6, 2018 4:09 PM

Jun 2013
pretty nice episode
Feb 8, 2018 10:00 AM

May 2017
Interesting turn. Definitely my favorite ep so far. Was going to drop my score before this, now I'm not so sure. Still not the Dagashi Kashi I remember, but I like this direction.

This is the first episode where I think the 12 minutes was perfect. Gave you the important information and got right into building the relationship with Kokonuts and Hotaru which never really happened much in season 1.

Then again, the festival episode in season 1 was much better.
Current Events Thread Topics...
Not even once.
Feb 8, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2013
I never realized before what shitty footwear MC has. Those are some damn ugly sandal boots.
And damn, what's with the sudden drama, this show is usually much more light. I'm still not sure Hotaru actually likes him. I guess we'll see.
Feb 11, 2018 6:17 PM

Mar 2009
Man, this was such a nice Hotaru episode.
Aug 9, 2018 9:00 PM

May 2012
That sure was quite the spicy episode, loved the hanabi! That ending though :| Hope she's coming back but well I am looking forwards to see what's next!
May 1, 2019 10:03 AM
Dec 2015
Sh*te, annoying, cliche episode. Yeah let's ignore the girl who had obvious feelings for him since childhood story again because MC is a cuck. F*ck off retarded cliche. I hate this romantic sh*t which isn't even romantic he just realised he has a cock and is blind to the girl he knew before because he's a retarded, cliche, cuck mc. Purple hair has no romantic chemistry with him so stop forcing things that don't work.

Just because she's the main female protagonist doesn't mean the main male protagonist needs to have feeling for her in that way. UTTER ANNOYING CLICHE TRASH!
Jan 14, 2020 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
That seemed like the first time Hotaru was interested in something else than dagashi. Why did she disappear though, it has gotten a bit too serious all of a sudden.
Oct 22, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2018
A great episode for once haha. Poor Kokonotsu about to enter depression next episode lol
Aug 22, 2022 1:29 AM

Jul 2019
This got serious all of a sudden. That almost-kiss was kinda intense.
Sep 21, 2023 4:53 PM

Dec 2019
Yk it's so fascinating when SoL comedies pull the most unpredictable life-changing scenes ever, the OST during the firework scene was just beautiful. I still love the comedy but it seems like everyone thinks it became stale so the manga went this route?
Jan 10, 1:14 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, this episode played it way too seriously. It's not a bad thing but if it's the setup for a big joke, it's going overboard.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2018

111 by bluntaba_sakura »»
Mar 23, 8:13 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2018

43 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2018

40 by Meritas »»
Feb 4, 2:52 AM

» after the anime

Kutana_0P - Apr 1, 2023

7 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 20, 12:25 PM

Poll: » Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2018

98 by Muow »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.