Netflix Announces Anime Partnership with Production I.G and Bones

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2018 7:20 PM

Sep 2015
*takes a step back and observes the situation carefully*
Jan 31, 2018 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
If they improve the conditions of animators in Japan, hell take on even more studios
Jan 31, 2018 9:43 PM
Feb 2012
more shit being released all in the same day
Jan 31, 2018 10:03 PM

Mar 2016
Now Attack on Titan got more budget since WIT Studio is practically under Production I.G.

Not that it's surprising, netflix has already produce a lot of anime under the production of their partnered studios
Jan 31, 2018 10:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
dm106 said:
America is going to ruin anime. Later don't say I didn't tell you so...

Well it's also overseen by Netflix (Japan) and their branch. Or else it'd be much more suspicious.
Jan 31, 2018 11:34 PM

Sep 2008
"Netflix began acquiring exclusive distribution rights of anime titles such that these titles would not be broadcast on television"
Oh, no... I don't like that!

m-i-c-h-a-e-l said:
Netflix: "We're going to produce over 30 Netflix Original anime titles in 2018!"

In reality: "We're actually just buying exclusive streaming rights, and slapping our "Netflix Original" label on it as if we had any hand in creating it."

This.

I hope they don't streaming all episodes for their exclusive series... really this is fun when somebody spoils final episode because they already watched it and you just start.
Feb 1, 2018 3:17 AM

Nov 2014
Stripes said:
aikaflip said:
I was skeptical about Netlix's involvement in anime, especially after that Neo Yokio mess. But it didn't take long for them to redeem themselves with Devilman Crybaby and Kakegurui, two very strong, audacious titles. Now it appears that they might actually save anime from its timidity, and so-called merchandise ad shows.

The Neo Yokio thing was brought together by Ezra Koenig and Jaden Smith. They're the ones who got in contact with Prod IG / Studio Deen with the idea to make it. Where as this will all be in house and those studios calling the shots. I mean. We can't blame studios who get commissioned big money to make someones fantasy project in all honesty.

Also Kakegurui was just licensed by Netflix. I'm sure Amazon would've picked it up if they hadn't bought the rights to every other show that season.

Whatever the case, they have better taste in projects now. :D
Feb 1, 2018 3:59 AM
Feb 2016
its only me that cant trust at all netflix on this bussiness
Feb 1, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
The only thing of value here is that the picture shows Netflix has Pop Team Epic, yet it is invisible to me from Norway, so I've unsubscribed from Netflix permanently. After delaying Violet Evergarden a whole season as well I'll just locust all the Star Trek content and leave. Absolutely no good anime on Netflix, at least from what I can see that is available in my region, and adding two mediocre studios' anime will not help.
Feb 1, 2018 7:37 AM

Jan 2009
So more censorship and Western approved anime?
We're the same. Nuisances with nowhere to go.
Feb 1, 2018 8:39 AM
May 2010
I don't see any of you getting worried about Netflix not doing simulcast with their anime content. If they could change this, that would be perfect because I like to see my anime weekly or sometimes as soon as they release.
Feb 1, 2018 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
If Netflix can ensure better animation just like we see in Violet Evergarden then I have no complains. The fact that they are collaborating with I.G. Production and Bones can only be promising, I think.
Feb 1, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
Jigsy said:
So more censorship and Western approved anime?

Yep, Devilman Crybaby is basically the cersorship embodied.
Feb 1, 2018 12:17 PM

Aug 2014
Good, Netflixs budget provision should do wonders for the quality of animation.
Feb 2, 2018 1:18 PM

Sep 2008
90MLLu said:
If Netflix can ensure better animation just like we see in Violet Evergarden then I have no complains. The fact that they are collaborating with I.G. Production and Bones can only be promising, I think.

KyoAni made Violet Evergarden, Netflix only streaming this anime like ex. Crunchyroll other anime.
Feb 2, 2018 1:49 PM

Sep 2017
does this mean the well deserved garzey's wing sequel animated by bones?
Edward Elric > your waifu

Feb 2, 2018 4:51 PM

Jul 2017
as long they make some good shit like they did with devilman its gonna be good
Feb 2, 2018 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
These people that think that Netflix are producing anime like Dvilman cry lol, they're just streaming. Also, yes, with selling the exclusive rights the studio will have more money but actually the studios are funding anime by themselves like production ig. [source]

And while the studio don't need to deal with the TV censorship maybe we will have more content that they can't show in Tv.
PS: this paterneship doesn't mean more secuels, because the production comittee hold the IP of x anime (except if the studio produced any serie) and the studios they're just choose by the production comittee to animate x anime.
BlackScienceFeb 2, 2018 9:33 PM
Feb 3, 2018 12:02 AM

Mar 2017
essentially netflix is looking to cement itself as a solid platform for anime which is fine by me as I have netflix

come, you sweet hour of death
Feb 4, 2018 11:01 AM

Jul 2009
LittleStar said:
90MLLu said:

KyoAni made Violet Evergarden, Netflix only streaming this anime like ex. Crunchyroll other anime.

Oh, and here I thought Violet Evergarden was part of Netflix's $8 billion plan on programming, including anime. My mistake
Feb 12, 2018 2:18 AM

Jul 2012
I'm not complaining, as long as roll out dates are the same or similar for Netflix Australia.
I prefer to be paying for a handful of streaming services rather than digital services like foxtel, which I barely even use because the 1% of available content I would actually watch is accessible across streaming services or I could just rent/buy on itunes store.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 7 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 1 hour ago

1 by JehadKun »»
55 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

1 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» 'Isekai Shikkaku' Reveals Supporting Cast Pair

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by DARM11 »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.