Forum Settings
Forums

New TV Anime 'Gundam Build Divers' Announced

New
Feb 2, 2018 1:06 AM

Nov 2007
The Gundam Build Next Battle Project press conference held on Friday has announced a new TV series titled Gundam Build Divers. The new battle system for the new series that will go online called Gunpla Battle Nexus Online (GBN). The anime is slated for Spring 2018 via TV Tokyo, and its channel system and is planned to broadcast for more than one cours. A PV and a 13-minute prologue episode have been streamed via the press conference and are currently available on YouTube.

Staff
Director: Shinya Watada (the Gundam Build Fighters Try series)
Series Composition: Noboru Kimura (Kokkoku)
Original Character Design: Kazuhiro Hara (Log Horizon)
Character Design: Juri Toida (the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans series character animation director)
Mechanical Design: Kunio Okawara (the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 series), Kanetake Ebikawa (the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans series), Junya Ishigaki (the Mobile Suit Gundam AGE series), Ippei Gyobu (Gundam: G no Reconguista), Kenji Teraoka (the Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans series), Shinya Terashima (Gundam Build Fighters Try: Island Wars), Takayuki Yanase (Mazinger Z Movie: Infinity), Naohiro Washio (the Kakumeiki Valvrave series)
Action Design: Masami Oobari (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE opening director)
Chief Mecha Design: Shinya Kusumegi (the Gundam series animation director), Sakiko Uda (Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans animation director)
Art Studio: Studio Naya
Music: Hideakira Kimura (Lance N' Masques)
Plan: Bandai Hobby
Cooperative Production: ADK
Studio: Sunrise
Production: TV Tokyo, Sotsu

Cast
Riku Mikami: Yuusuke Kobayashi (Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens)
Yukio Hidaka: Natsumi Fujiwara (Black Clover: Jump Festa 2016 Special)
Momo: Nene Hieda (Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Stride Gate-hen)
Sarah: Haruka Terui (the Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru series)
Kyouya Kujou: Jun Kasama (The iDOLM@STER SideM)
Ronman: Show Hayami (Trigun)

The series began with Gundam Build Fighters, which its first season was broadcast on Fall 2013 for a total of 25 episodes. It has also received six ONA episodes, which includes one GM no Gyakushuu episode and five Battlogue episodes in 2017.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Official site: http://gundam-bd.net/
Official Twitter: @gundambd

Source: Comic Natalie

Gundam Build Divers and Gundam Build Divers Prologue on MAL
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 7:47 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 2, 2018 1:08 AM

Apr 2016
There was a time when Gundam was serious anime, now it's just pokemon.
Feb 2, 2018 1:36 AM
Sep 2015
Gundam Build series is the only watchable branch of Gundam for me.

Though at first I'm so excited that this will be the first time furry characters featured in Gundam, turn out they are just virtual reality avatars.
Feb 2, 2018 1:38 AM

Feb 2013
Swagernator said:

What about Gundam Tekketsu then? It aired in 2015-2016.
I need something like that one againnn
Feb 2, 2018 1:46 AM

Apr 2017
Another gundam series? That seems interesting.

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Feb 2, 2018 1:47 AM

Apr 2012
Riku Mikami: Yuusuke Kobayashi

Wow, Kobayashi continues to receive push. I wonder if it's caused by his popularity as seiyu or did they just need a newbie?
Feb 2, 2018 1:53 AM

Mar 2012
Yes, i think this one would be 3rd season but build in different title, i hope it's way better than Try.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Feb 2, 2018 2:24 AM

Mar 2015
first V-rains, now this, i wonder what other old franchise gotta go full cyber?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2018 2:37 AM

Sep 2016

It will never be good
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 2, 2018 2:41 AM

Oct 2015
When Sunrise trying to milk franchise that already obscure (Gundam), just like Yugioh series *shrugs*

Oh well we still have Code Geass R3 and Full Metal Panic IV in the future

also recently still airing Darling in the Franxx anyway

GangsterCat said:

It will never be good

yeah that's why. Sunrise is mixed bag when it comes with Gundam series
Feb 2, 2018 3:08 AM
Dec 2014
Swagernator said:
I agree its its pretty sad :(
Feb 2, 2018 3:11 AM
Dec 2014
Ritshiro said:
Swagernator said:

What about Gundam Tekketsu then? It aired in 2015-2016.
I need something like that one againnn
I still waiting if were gonna get anything related to IBO because of this tweet they did on new years https://twitter.com/g_tekketsu/status/947485143807045637

I'm hoping we learn something by 40th anniversary next year. if not the franchise is dead to me
Feb 2, 2018 3:14 AM
Jul 2018
This looks too childish for me...
Feb 2, 2018 3:15 AM

Mar 2015
SaltyShoebill said:
When Sunrise trying to milk franchise that already obscure (Gundam), just like Yugioh series *shrugs*

Oh well we still have Code Geass R3 and Full Metal Panic IV in the future

also recently still airing Darling in the Franxx anyway

GangsterCat said:

It will never be good

yeah that's why. Sunrise is mixed bag when it comes with Gundam series

yugioh and darlink the franxx is not sunrise tho...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 2, 2018 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Well all I can say is that this looks like something really fun.

I don't think Gundam is obscure at all after a few decades but eh I'm good with this.

Btw: Am I the only one that thought Try wasn't even that bad? It was weaker than the previous? sure. But bad? Not really.
Feb 2, 2018 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
So this is like Gundam going MMO. Weird.

I would of preferred if they went with the original premise from the previous seasons. Going to be cautiously optimistic about this.
Feb 2, 2018 4:21 AM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:

Yeah they're not from sunrise but they're relatable no matter how different their studio is
Feb 2, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2015
SaltyShoebill said:
Kuma said:

Yeah they're not from sunrise but they're relatable no matter how different their studio is
relatable in what?
Feb 2, 2018 4:24 AM
Jan 2018
meh i got full metal panic for my mecha fill this spring
Feb 2, 2018 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
Although I would prefer something akin to the First Season of Build Fighters with Sei,Reiji and co,

I'll still watch the first few episodes to see where this is going, I mean Try wasn't bad. The cast while copying lots of anime tropes still was enjoyable to see interacting.

Wonder if the plot could evolve in a different way than both previous seasons ...

Though, 10-Team Tag fights will make a lot more strategic than previous season with the flag target added element, I would prefer the old ways of 1-on-1 fight ...

+ Anthro animals are nice,lol.

Feb 2, 2018 5:59 AM

Mar 2017
lol at first I thought it's gonna be about swimming

anyways, as long as it has more of a Build Fighters vibe and not Try fucking piece of shit it's gonna be good I guess (though by the looks of it, it ain't going to be). Just please don't make the mc into another Sekai Kamiki.

not gonna lie though, I just want a Build Fighters Season 2
red-tomatoFeb 2, 2018 6:04 AM
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Feb 2, 2018 6:08 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Agreed. This is giving me some hard hitting Digimon / Zexal flashbacks but even younger feeling.
Feb 2, 2018 6:20 AM

Jun 2008
Why is Gundam a kid show now? Looking at old school stuff it was pretty mature.
Feb 2, 2018 6:51 AM

Oct 2015
Kuma said:
relatable in what?

I mean look at both Gundam (Sunrise) and Yugioh (Not sunrise), both franchise is mixed bag when comes with making animes since both company mostly milking it to niche ones than mainstream fans.
Feb 2, 2018 6:54 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
well... at least we most likely get a new Back-on OP which is nice.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 2, 2018 7:29 AM

Nov 2008
New mothership title please.

Dizzee said:

It's a spinoff and not a good one, just skip it and play Gundam Breaker which is way better, 3 got an English release in Asia and the latest one is coming to the US and EU.

Feb 2, 2018 7:31 AM

Sep 2011
Dizzee said:
its been a kids oriented show numerous times in the past to varying degrees of success.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 2, 2018 8:01 AM

Dec 2016
Shouldn't this franchise, along with few other ones, have died by now? There are only so many ideas a title can exploit. Eventually it wil have to end...or have its quality lowered.
Feb 2, 2018 8:30 AM

Nov 2014
wake me up when good gundam series comes back

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Feb 2, 2018 8:36 AM

Jan 2008
Slyver said:
wake me up when good gundam series comes back

Me too please.
This Gundam is already copy paste like the other Gundam Build Fighter. Zero chance to watch it.
Feb 2, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2018
I'm so incredibly excited for this! Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try got me into Gundam and I have been trying to watch every Gundam anime since then. They have also got me back into anime as well. I like these series because they are a nice break from more darker Gundam anime. They are some of my favorite Gundam series but my favorite Gundam will always be Turn A Gundam. I also really like Zeta Gundam and War In The Pocket.
Feb 2, 2018 9:23 AM

Feb 2015
Yes...

Because we certainly need another Gundam series...

It's not like we already have 20 of them...
Feb 2, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2013
>mr. masami obari is going work on it

Can't wait.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 2, 2018 12:23 PM
Dec 2011
Gundam + furrys + Age = FACKING AWESOME
Feb 2, 2018 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
looks like another battle shounen made by sunrise..

edit: oh I see this is sequel to a show came in 2014-5. But gundam mixup with mmo thing is weird. They should try to make remake of the past great Gundam series.
removed-userFeb 2, 2018 2:39 PM
Feb 2, 2018 2:03 PM

Apr 2011
I like Gundam builder, compared to the other war gundam series. Hope this MMO online version turns out great.
Feb 2, 2018 2:29 PM
May 2013
Dizzee said:

SD Gundam, Musha Gundam series, Knight Gundam Series says hi...

Gundam has always had different works targeted towards kids, teens, and adults. Not every god damn Gundam show has to cater to people who only want their big boy cartoon to be edgy and filled with stupid drama.
Feb 2, 2018 3:18 PM

Jun 2008
Exblaster said:
Dizzee said:

Not every god damn Gundam show has to cater to people who only want their big boy cartoon to be edgy and filled with stupid drama.

Imo there haven't been a good and serious Gundam show since 00 if you exclude OVA's. They keep pushing these kiddie shows too much.
Feb 2, 2018 3:45 PM

Jan 2009
never seen the first 2 gundam build anime but im gonna see this 3rd one since its a standalone story too from what i can see
Feb 2, 2018 4:03 PM

Mar 2015
SaltyShoebill said:
Kuma said:
relatable in what?

I mean look at both Gundam (Sunrise) and Yugioh (Not sunrise), both franchise is mixed bag when comes with making animes since both company mostly milking it to niche ones than mainstream fans.

Yugioh aways has been kids/teen series... i mean, it's original manga published in WSJ...
Feb 2, 2018 4:41 PM
Jul 2011
Guys, there so many different types of Gundam shows - seinen, shounen, battle shounen (Mobile Fighter G Gundam), shoujo (well, not exactly but, SEED and SEED Destiny are shoujo flavored), comedy/parody (Gundam ZZ) and kodomo.
Gundam Build Divers is not something entirely new for the franchise.

And people saying "wake me up when good gundam series comes back", what about Thunderbolt and The Origin? Are those bad?
Quite the opposite.

The 14 minutes promo is very nice at least visually.
Feb 2, 2018 5:31 PM
Dec 2014
Dizzee said:
Exblaster said:

Not every god damn Gundam show has to cater to people who only want their big boy cartoon to be edgy and filled with stupid drama.

Imo there haven't been a good and serious Gundam show since 00 if you exclude OVA's. They keep pushing these kiddie shows too much.
https://youtu.be/VRzUatPVZzs?t=411

TOTALLY FOR KIDS RIGHT ?!! SO KID FRIENDLY
Feb 2, 2018 5:54 PM
Feb 2012
Dizzee said:

have you ever seen stuff like Gundam ZZ all the way through? it's one of the most immature anime entries of all the Gundam universes
that goes for any other idiot that thinks old Gundam = mature and New Gundam = kids
ahneemeFeb 2, 2018 5:59 PM
Feb 2, 2018 5:56 PM
Jul 2014
>hideakira kimura
rip
Feb 2, 2018 6:04 PM
Dec 2014
ahneeme said:
Dizzee said:

have you ever seen stuff like Gundam ZZ all the way through? it's one of the most immature anime entries of all the Gundam universes
that goes for any other idiot that thinks old Gundam = mature and New Gundam = kids
I don't think some of the people here has actually seen a Gundam anime or else they would have known about shows like 00 ,seed, IBO or any o the new UC stuff like Thunderbolt.
Feb 2, 2018 9:35 PM

May 2014
As someone who watches Gundam since Wing, i just wish that they stop making gundam into some sort of kids show. 2 series wasnt enough? GBF was okay but Try... Try is just so bad, it just a full of cringefest filled with a story that would seem to belong in a fanfiction that was created by a 12 years old
From here now on i just wished that this one is as decent as GBF and did not try to follow the direction Try heading
Feb 2, 2018 10:10 PM
Mar 2012
Is that a white ferret in a gundam show!?? And nekomimi. Lacking the obligatory maskedman tho.
Cute designs, might watch.
Feb 2, 2018 11:26 PM

Jan 2013
isekai said:
never seen the first 2 gundam build anime but im gonna see this 3rd one since its a standalone story too from what i can see
You should at least watch the first one, pretty solid stuff.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 3, 2018 12:00 AM

Oct 2008
That's a pretty neat team battle in the prologue.
I loved GBF, and even though Try wasn't quite on par (to say the least), I quite enjoyed it too, so I'm intrigued to see what this new anime has to offer.
Feb 3, 2018 5:12 AM

Apr 2015
Woah, It looks like people actually forgot about Iron Blooded Orphans even though it's the most recent "mainstream" Gundam series out ...

And the first season of Build Fighters is pretty awesome.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

21 by VanishingKira »»
11 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:37 AM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.