Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2018 5:00 PM

Mar 2015
Freestyleking5x2 said:
DatRandomDude said:
Its not about the artstyle but the fact that they're not made in japan and not made for a japanese audience while this one is actually made in japan, for japan.
so if the creator of the boondocks lived in japan would it be an anime the definition of anime is a style of animation ORIGINATING in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes....still very confused if boondocks was dubbed in Japanese would it then be an anime now im more confused

it is pretty simple, it is in produced in japan (korea and china too, not outsourched), with at leaset some japanese staff involved, that get marketted in japan, it is fullfill database restriction... those 2 fail at those...

Pweenie said:
Kuma said:
only heard this is really similir with battle shounen in a good way... any original reader here?

Hi hi, original reader right here! I own all the volumes that came out for now in french (so up to the 8th one), and so far so good in my opinion; at first I thought it would be like a generic shounen battle manga because the general story really makes it seems like one, but the characters really helps in building the story and making it enjoyable... and for once I thought that Seth (the MC) isn't as annoying as the majority of shounen battle MCs. The character designs are also pretty nice, the art style looks real close to "Japan manga authentic", and there's a good balance between humour and seriousness in the story.

Fun point to note, Yusuke Murata publicized and pushed the release of the Radiant manga in Japan.

thanks for information... if it's get good reception, might watch in the future...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 31, 2018 5:38 PM

Jun 2009
When I saw this comic I knew I have seen it somewhere before.

I work in a offset printing house in Lithuania, and it seems that we print this manga ^^

Still have some near my desk.
Jan 31, 2018 5:39 PM

Aug 2007
I'm in. I'll check it out when it airs; hoping we get another hit like BnHA and not another Black Clover.

Swagernator said:
"French Comic"

Eh, no thanks but i would stick with the nippon ones.

That's a pretty idiotic excuse to not watch something.

Jan 31, 2018 6:21 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
This is somehow giving me Fairy Tail vibes despite me liking some of the designs. Honestly it looks like something Shounen Jump would host so it'll catch on I'm sure depending on what grubby handed studio is gonna bank on it but Kishi Seiji as director? Um OKAY. ODD PICK
Jan 31, 2018 6:30 PM

Feb 2015
Nakurawari said:
Nyah_Chan said:

Well my point is that the industry is finally begin to adapt out of their nation... So whether the anime is good or bad, the fact that they even tried is a step forward

If you're suggesting that this is the first time that an anime is being adapted from non-Japanese source material, then that is dead wrong.

I know it ain't the first time... But it is certainly uncommon... Lately the industry has been changing a lot and I feel like it is expanding...
Jan 31, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2010
Apparently this comic is being published here in Poland, maybe I'll check it out before anime airs :o Sounds kinda interesting!
Jan 31, 2018 7:38 PM

Sep 2011
Freestyleking5x2 said:
DatRandomDude said:
Its not about the artstyle but the fact that they're not made in japan and not made for a japanese audience while this one is actually made in japan, for japan.
so if the creator of the boondocks lived in japan would it be an anime the definition of anime is a style of animation ORIGINATING in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes....still very confused if boondocks was dubbed in Japanese would it then be an anime now im more confused

Studio Ghibli often used western stories to adapt into anime. Are you really suggesting that Howl’s Moving Castle is not an anime because the source material was written by an english author?
scruffykiwiJan 31, 2018 7:42 PM
Jan 31, 2018 10:57 PM
Nov 2017
scruffykiwi said:
Freestyleking5x2 said:

Studio Ghibli often used western stories to adapt into anime. Are you really suggesting that Howl’s Moving Castle is not an anime because the source material was written by an english author?
just wondering why something that originated in japan was dubbed in Japanese and has Japanese crew members was not classified as an anime i just dont understand the logic so what if something had an all japanese staff and crew was clearly stylised as an anime but was created and developed in America then it would not be an anime? Not trying to argue like i said im new to this but it just doesnt make sense to me
Feb 1, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2014
Freestyleking5x2 said:
scruffykiwi said:

just wondering why something that originated in japan was dubbed in Japanese and has Japanese crew members was not classified as an anime i just dont understand the logic so what if something had an all japanese staff and crew was clearly stylised as an anime but was created and developed in America then it would not be an anime? Not trying to argue like i said im new to this but it just doesnt make sense to me

It doesn't make sense to you because you believe that it is the style of animation and/or the source material that define what is an anime. These actually have nothing to do with that.

An anime simply means that it was produced in Japan and firstly made for the Japanese audience. Castlevania is not an anime because the movie is not produced in Japan.
Feb 1, 2018 9:40 AM
Nov 2017
Hrybami said:
Freestyleking5x2 said:

It doesn't make sense to you because you believe that it is the style of animation and/or the source material that define what is an anime. These actually have nothing to do with that.

An anime simply means that it was produced in Japan and firstly made for the Japanese audience. Castlevania is not an anime because the movie is not produced in Japan.
How can Castlevania which was after research dubbed in english not be on here but Dalam-iwa Goseumdochi(Brave Soldier)created and produced in North Korea by North Koreans on here Closers side Blacklambs done solely in south Korea by south koreans on here what about Spirit Pact which was made solely in China on here not to mention animes produced in japan by entirely koreans on here if your reasoning would be that it is the language then read Castlevanias wiki it was marketed and made for a Japanese audience all im saying is what is MALs reasoning for including these but not others continent maybe?
Feb 1, 2018 9:46 AM

Sep 2014
Freestyleking5x2 said:
Hrybami said:

How can Castlevania which was after research dubbed in english not be on here but Dalam-iwa Goseumdochi(Brave Soldier)created and produced in North Korea by North Koreans on here Closers side Blacklambs done solely in south Korea by south koreans on here what about Spirit Pact which was made solely in China on here not to mention animes produced in japan by entirely koreans on here if your reasoning would be that it is the language then read Castlevanias wiki it was marketed and made for a Japanese audience all im saying is what is MALs reasoning for including these but not others continent maybe?

My bad I forgot to mention that here on MAL the Korean and Chinese production are listed in the database even though they are not technically anime. Castlevania wasn't Japanese audience exclusive and it was still made outside of Japan so this doesn't count as an anime.
Feb 1, 2018 9:48 AM
Nov 2017
Hrybami said:
Freestyleking5x2 said:

My bad I forgot to mention that here on MAL the Korean and Chinese production are listed in the database even though they are not technically anime. Castlevania wasn't Japanese audience exclusive and it was still made outside of Japan so this doesn't count as an anime.
Cool appreciate the help i was confused Thank you
Feb 1, 2018 9:52 AM

Sep 2014
Freestyleking5x2 said:
Hrybami said:

Cool appreciate the help i was confused Thank you

You're welcome.

If that reassures you, people who got confused with this concept appears very often in this community.
Feb 2, 2018 1:19 AM

Dec 2015
Like it! No surprise since France has always been one of the bigger industries for anime, manga and comics. I'm looking forward to it!

HaruniFeb 3, 2018 9:43 AM
Feb 2, 2018 1:19 AM

Apr 2012
Stripes said:
This is somehow giving me Fairy Tail vibes despite me liking some of the designs. Honestly it looks like something Shounen Jump would host so it'll catch on I'm sure depending on what grubby handed studio is gonna bank on it but Kishi Seiji as director? Um OKAY. ODD PICK
Well nowadays it's nicknamed "Bishounen Jump", so maybe producers welcome something a bit more old school.
Feb 2, 2018 1:47 AM

Apr 2017
Oh sheet french comics? Im really Hyped!!!!!

"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"

Feb 9, 2018 2:19 PM

Jul 2013
I'm curious about how this will turn out
Feb 10, 2018 10:25 AM
Jul 2018
This looks interesting, but I hope it's not plagued with the problems that entertainment mediums in modern western nations suffer from.
Feb 21, 2018 12:05 AM
Jul 2017
The news of a non Japanese made manga getting an anime adaptation surprised me.Its funny that non Japanese manga don't get popular in Japan just because its a foreign produced manga,but this non Japanese manga from a French author getting an anime adaptation,to be produced by an Japanese anime studio,is unprecedented
otaku14656072Feb 21, 2018 12:15 AM
Feb 21, 2018 12:33 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Yeah, I love me some French-Japanese collabs and anime-inspired French things.
I say aye. Bring me the hopeful radiance of Radiant.
I'm a simple turtle; I put things in my mouth, and if I don't like it... I still eat, sadly. No drop policies. :C I spit it out.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 26, 2018 10:19 AM
Jul 2017
Enoyann said:
Wow, this time it's French Anime huh? Well, I'm gonna keep this one in mind

Originally French manga yes,but the French Anime you're wrong because a Japanese animation studio is in charge of the production in Japan not in France
Mar 3, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2015
FMmatron said:
This definitely looks interesting,mainly because I want to see some variety in an anime with a fantasy setting.

Don't look there for variety. (could still interest you though, for other reasons)
Mar 3, 2018 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
@Rei366

Too bad,but I wouldn't mind battle shounen style or something similar either.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 4, 2018 12:19 AM
Jul 2016
Champ said:
Heard its very shounen-like, hope it won't be filled with too many clichés.
The author said one piece is his favorite so I'm pretty excited

I read a chapter or 2 and it’s very shounen like
Mar 4, 2018 12:22 AM
Jul 2016
Freestyleking5x2 said:
Hrybami said:

Ghibli movies to me look nothing like an anime, they are great feats of animation that does not try to be anime like at all. If you showed ghibili movie I wouldn’t think it’s anime without context
Mar 4, 2018 12:36 AM
Jul 2016
Ramkec said:
Finally the superior EU comics are getting animated.

Very looking forward to this combo, I hope they don't fuck it up.
I’m bout
Ramkec said:

Lmao western comics ( except DC comics) are all garbage compared to manga
Apr 12, 2018 9:53 PM

Dec 2017
Why can't they adapt the Cirque du Freak series instead of trash.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 27, 2019 4:59 PM

Feb 2017
1CodeWarrior1 said:
Ramkec said:

I’m bout
Ramkec said:

Lmao western comics ( except DC comics) are all garbage compared to manga

You obviously haven't read any Valiant comics than. Is that why Marvel comics are still better than DC comics? You don't know what you're talking about
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
49 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Yesterday, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Apr 21

4 by Azuchi »»
Yesterday, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.